Pamela Long Wiggins In-Depth Discussion

Simply knowing a crime was committed is not enough to convict of accessory after the fact. One has no duty to report a crime, so unless there is some evidence -- and I've not heard any at this point -- that he did something like hide the safe or put the gun in the car then it would probably be a difficult charge to prove.

Snipped by me -
Wise Latina, you are wise! I believe this is correct.

Snipped by me -
Wise Latina, you are wise! I believe this is correct.

Wow! I also was under the impression that if you knew a crime had been commited, that you had an obligation to report it. I guess that this varies from location to location?

"In some jurisdictions, merely disavowing knowledge of a crime or of the perpetrator or his whereabouts is not enough to support a conviction for accessory after the fact." In this case ol' Hugh got lucky he was in the right location...

Wow! I also was under the impression that if you knew a crime had been commited, that you had an obligation to report it. I guess that this varies from location to location?

"In some jurisdictions, merely disavowing knowledge of a crime or of the perpetrator or his whereabouts is not enough to support a conviction for accessory after the fact." In this case ol' Hugh got lucky he was in the right location...

I was always under this impression also - but have since learned that if you didn't participate in the crime, but learned of it later - you are not obligated to report what you know. However, if he did something to cover up the crime, then he would be an accessory after the fact. However, if Pam asked him to take the car to the mechanic, and he did, it would be a tough job to prove whether he did or didn't know what was hidden in the car.

I've looked into him and there's not a lot out there about him. He's not clean as a whistle - but he's not as dirty as the majority of these players are. Who knows what will be found down the road -

WOW. :eek::eek::eek:

Snipped:

Statute: 918.13
Description: TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE

Statute: 782.04
Description: MURDER .....:eek:

Statute: 812.135
Description: ROBBERY-RESID HOME INVASION

And in this article:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/Wiggins_Bond_Increased_To_500000

"Information from the hearing indicates that several people stated that Wiggins was a flight risk, who did not want to go back to jail."

I don't think she's going to get out of anything this time.

It's about time.

WOW. :eek::eek::eek:

Snipped:

Statute: 918.13
Description: TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE

Statute: 782.04
Description: MURDER .....:eek:

Statute: 812.135
Description: ROBBERY-RESID HOME INVASION

And in this article:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/Wiggins_Bond_Increased_To_500000

"Information from the hearing indicates that several people stated that Wiggins was a flight risk, who did not want to go back to jail."

I don't think she's going to get out of anything this time.

It's about time.

Snipped from the link:

This is just the first chapter in what is expected to be a busy day in the Billings case. Discovery material is expected to be released Monday morning. That means we'll get to see all the evidence collected by the prosecution so far.

It's almost noon here - where's the doc. dump?:)

The new charges aren't on the clerk's site yet. This is from the accessory case:

08/17/2009 BOND INCREASED TO: $500,000 AS TO CT. 2
08/17/2009 DEFENDANT REMANDED INTO SHERIFF'S CUSTODY
08/17/2009 PREVIOUSLY ENTERED PLEA OF NOT GUILTY WILL STAND OVER AS TO AMENDED INFORMATION
08/17/2009 WAIVED ARRAIG. PLED NOT GUILTY SET FOR JURY TRIAL: 9/14/2009 @ 9:00 A.M., DD 9/3/2009 @ 9:00 A.M.

http://www.escambiaclerk.com/xml/xml.asp?ucase_id=2157685

If ever anyone was going to jump bail, it would be Wiggins. My guess is she will try to run.

This blog entry by PNJ Columnist Mark O'Brien explains a LOT more!:
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/se...Order=TimeStampAscending&sid=sitelife.pnj.com

(sorry the link is so long, maybe copy and paste if it doesn't work, or go to the pnj.com web site and click on Mark O'Brien's blog, usually right side toward middle bottom.)

Thanks! I love Mark's blogs when he goes to court.

Snipped:

Although he didn’t testify, Hugh seemed to be a big player in the drama that is Pamela’s life.

Pamela’s best friend said she called the cops because she was fearful of the way Hugh spoke one day recently and his remarks about the prospect of Pamela going to prison.

S. Sherrer quoted him as saying, "She wouldn’t live to get out ... He was not going to prison ... He was not allowing her to go to prison ... He would kill her before he would let her go to jail."

Pamela didn’t object to Hugh’s remarks, Sherrer said, but then again, "that wouldn’t be her personality."
(Unfortunately, no one asked the next logical question for this inquiring mind: What would be her personality?)

WTH?!!

I know. It just gets stranger and stranger. I hope all those people that laughed at Morgan for calling this a humdinger will admit that he was right!
This lady is a piece of work. And her 2nd current husband sounds wonderful also.

I know. It just gets stranger and stranger. I hope all those people that laughed at Morgan for calling this a humdinger will admit that he was right!
This lady is a piece of work. And her 2nd current husband sounds wonderful also.

I love this from Mark's blog:

Then there's the bigamy charge, which prompted prosecutor Bridgette Jensen to call Hugh Long the "alleged husband."

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back