Misty C. #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
THanks...reiterates what I have been thinking since DAY ONE. My heart tells me MC knows who did this....or strong suspicion who did this....SHE IS CLOSE TO THIS PERSON.

What has always struck me odd....from day one throwing the cousin under the bus with -he was inappropriate towards her....

I think her relative(s) have a history of inappropriate behavior towards little girls... and she has a feeling of what happened to Haleigh and is scared to death to think of the possibilities....GUILT because she was there and passed out due to her 3 day binge...or not there at all the time she was taken....or was there and wasted....and KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.

I am very glad they sorta cleared the PARENTS.

Yes, it was good to have a statement that they're not suspects. Although they have never been named as suspects before this either.

I'm not sure. I think if Misty knows what happened and had nothing to do with it she would probably have come clean about it when it started to look like the investigation focuses on her. If it was a relative of hers with a history of child abuse, why would she keep quiet and protect that relative if it means she'll get branded as a suspect? Who would she protect? Not Joe, apparently, or she wouldn't have pointed fingers at him in the papers.

IIRC Captain Dick said back in March that he would not list Misty as a suspect.

When asked if Misty Cummings was a suspect, Captain Schauland told First Coast News Friday, "I would not list Misty as a suspect. We just want to get the timeline straightened out. Our most important thing is finding Haleigh. That's more important than anything else. And Misty's the key to that."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133696&catid=295

IIRC Captain Dick said back in March that he would not list Misty as a suspect.

I think I remember that too. It was one of those cool ambiguous LE statements that could mean several things.

She is not a suspect because we know she didn't do it.
She is not a suspect right now but I'm not saying anything about the future, we don't know enough yet.
She is a suspect but we're not prepared to make it official yet.

IMO what LE has said about Misty, repeatedly pointing out that her stories don't match each other and the evidence, is pretty much tantamount to saying she's a POI.

I think that they LE have had time to really look at other avenues and things have changed regarding their thinking about Misty. Over time LE gets a better handle on it, so now they are ruling out the parents and still looking at Misty.

This statement from LE is mind boggling. They say Ron and Crystal are clear, and that they focused on Misty....yet they claim nobody is clear and nobody is a POI?

Then they give these few details that make me believe that something was found in the house that proves Haleigh is no longer alive...just the way I understand it. I pray I am wrong.

Misty has failed to provide any sort of detailed accounting of the hours during the late evening and early morning of Haleigh's disappearance. Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty's sketchy account of her evening activities," the Sheriff's Office reported in a statement.

According to the Sheriff's Office, investigators said information gathered in the case doesn't support the idea a stranger took the girl.

"At this point, the evidence and investigatory effort has minimized the likelihood that Haleigh's disappearance is the work of a stranger," the statement reported.

There is no specific individual whom investigators have identified as a person of interest. Investigators believe that Misty Croslin-Cummings continues to hold important answers in the case.

Furthermore, physical evidence at the scene contradicts Misty’s sketchy account of her evening activities.

Sheriff Hardy wants to assure the public, but mainly Haleigh’s family, that we will continue to aggressively pursue this case and that we welcome the assistance of all Law Enforcement agencies or any other expert, including air, water, and ground searchers, that can assist in bringing Haleigh home.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...missing-girl-focuses-on-dad-s-then-girlfriend

JMO I don't believe anyone is ruled out, they're just not calling anyone a POI or suspect at this point.

This statement from LE is mind boggling. They say Ron and Crystal are clear, and that they focused on Misty....yet they claim nobody is clear and nobody is a POI?

Then they give these few details that make me believe that something was found in the house that proves Haleigh is no longer alive...just the way I understand it. I pray I am wrong.

I'm not sure why you think she is not alive, I was thinking they were referring to Misty's account of what she did that night, the washing of the blankets....putting the movies in for the kids.... things like that, but I could be reading it wrong.

I also hear them saying that outside of the parents (them being cleared) there are no specific persons of interest.

Actually, I read it as quite the opposite....that is, it reads to me like they believe she is likely still alive (they think it unlikely that it was a stranger abduction).

THanks...reiterates what I have been thinking since DAY ONE. My heart tells me MC knows who did this....or strong suspicion who did this....SHE IS CLOSE TO THIS PERSON.

What has always struck me odd....from day one throwing the cousin under the bus with -he was inappropriate towards her....

I think her relative(s) have a history of inappropriate behavior towards little girls... and she has a feeling of what happened to Haleigh and is scared to death to think of the possibilities....GUILT because she was there and passed out due to her 3 day binge...or not there at all the time she was taken....or was there and wasted....and KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.

I am very glad they sorta cleared the PARENTS.

I am right there with you Chesterp. Many people thought that she was covering for Ron, but my feeling has always been she was covering for a member of her family. I always found it odd that her family seemed to be under the radar, especially since her brother was there that evening. I think the "incidents" of the past couple of weeks have to do with trying to get SOMEONE to keep their mouth shut. Is it Misty trying to shut up the Croslins about what they know or the other way around? I don't know, but I hope LE has thoroughly investigated ALL of them, including alibi's for where they were that night. I keep getting the feeling something is going to break soon. I hope so because I know it is KILLING Haleigh's family not knowing what happened to her.

I'm not sure why you think she is not alive, I was thinking they were referring to Misty's account of what she did that night, the washing of the blankets....putting the movies in for the kids.... things like that, but I could be reading it wrong.

That is how I read it too.

They think the person knew the family or Haleigh. Are they shaking the family tree, or looking now at people who knew Misty and when Ron went to work, someone with knowledge of the family and routines?

I am right there with you Chesterp. Many people thought that she was covering for Ron, but my feeling has always been she was covering for a member of her family. I always found it odd that her family seemed to be under the radar, especially since her brother was there that evening. I think the "incidents" of the past couple of weeks have to do with trying to get SOMEONE to keep their mouth shut. Is it Misty trying to shut up the Croslins about what they know or the other way around? I don't know, but I hope LE has thoroughly investigated ALL of them, including alibi's for where they were that night. I keep getting the feeling something is going to break soon. I hope so because I know it is KILLING Haleigh's family not knowing what happened to her.

Those were my thoughts as well. I'm starting to wonder if the brother has something to do with this...given he was there earlier that evening, he could have undone the deadbolt without Misty seeing him do it. Maybe he and/or his wife lured her out of the house (I'm not saying she should have left), and Haleigh disappeared while she was out....maybe brother acted like he was doing Misty a favour by pretending she was at home that night, but really was just making her look bad. Hmmmm.

Those were my thoughts as well. I'm starting to wonder if the brother has something to do with this...given he was there earlier that evening, he could have undone the deadbolt without Misty seeing him do it. Maybe he and/or his wife lured her out of the house (I'm not saying she should have left), and Haleigh disappeared while she was out....maybe brother acted like he was doing Misty a favour by pretending she was at home that night, but really was just making her look bad. Hmmmm.

So after the wife and brother lure her out of the home, then what do they do with her? Honestly, if the brother had anything to do with this, I dont think he would be calling the cops about Ron no matter what.

jmo

They think the person knew the family or Haleigh. Are they shaking the family tree, or looking now at people who knew Misty and when Ron went to work, someone with knowledge of the family and routines?

Of course I may be wrong, but I read it as them shaking the family tree....and they don't indicate which side of the family tree.

What I am reading in to what they say about Misty is, we don't think she did anything to Haleigh, but we think she's holding something back or covering something, and if she shared it with us/was honest with us, it would probably help our investigation.

So after the wife and brother lure her out of the home, then what do they do with her? Honestly, if the brother had anything to do with this, I dont think he would be calling the cops about Ron no matter what.

jmo

For all we know, they had her over to smoke a joint. Who knows? And, if he did take Haleigh, why wouldn't he want suspicion thrown onto Ron for it?

For all we know, they had her over to smoke a joint. Who knows? And, if he did take Haleigh, why wouldn't he want suspicion thrown onto Ron for it?

Ok, but Ron beat him up and is facing charges- why would someone who abducted a child call the cops and all that fun stuff? Misty is covering for her husband, not her brother who she took the restraining order out on-

jmo

Ok, but Ron beat him up and is facing charges- why would someone who abducted a child call the cops and all that fun stuff? Misty is covering for her husband, not her brother who she took the restraining order out on-

jmo

LE doesn't think so, and neither do I. They cleared both Ron & Crystal as suspects today.

I think that reading the statement from LE about evidence in the home--DNA and other, and then Reading the one from TM where he states they are teaming up to search for Haleigh-- when he believes weather conditions and vegetation will be more conducive to finding the girl. Is what leads me to believe they are not searching for a live Haleigh. Again, I pray I am wrong.
http://www.wesh.com/news/20422695/detail.html

Wow, people are reading a lot into things... I thought the statement was actually kind of simple and loud: Ron and Crystal are not suspects, but it is Misty they have issues with.

Misty... it keeps coming back to Misty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member