2009.08.21 Motions hearing #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at the time before Padilla bailed Casey out, wasn't the big, huge issue that Casey HAD to be out of jail to 'help find Caylee' and if she could just get bailed out, then she would help padilla find her? It's not as if Baez was fair or upfront about things, because he pulled the rug out from under Padilla, as I understand it, by telling Casey not to communicate with them. At any rate, she did nothing to help find Caylee and I think Baez refused to pay the nominal 1$ fee to have him as Padilla's agent or work-product, etc.

Yes, Cindy repeatedly told the media that Casey couldn't help find Caylee because she was in jail. She needed to bailed out so she could help in the search. LP responded with the money to bond Casey out, but JB put conditions on LP talking with Casey. LP was manipulated by the self-serving family to get Casey bonded out.

George's testimony today was a complete re-write of what actually happened. I don't know who he thinks he was trying to fool, as anyone can go back to various media interviews and hear GA and CA (mostly CA) saying that Casey needed to be bonded out to help in the search. Today was just a preview of what we can expect of George at the trial.

There is no house behind the Anthony home, it is all vacant land.

Hi DotsEyes,

There are houses behind the A's as seen in the photo below. Some of the older satellite pics and aerial pics were taken before they were built.

hopespring.jpg

I am still catching up here, but OMG!!! If T. Macaluso goes on any more shows and spouts his out-and-out blatant LIES, I am going to have to up my blood pressure meds! :furious: I have to say, I really hate him. Not only is he a liar, but from prior appearances, he has shown himself to be an arrogant fool! And please tell me...was Jamie a former defense attorney?...because she fits right in. :rolleyes:

I believe that Jamie is a former defense attorney. Cannot stand her and will not watch her. In her eyes, NO ONE is ever guilty of anything. JMO

Like Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) the Anthonys "badness level" is off the charts high...nobody is perfect but there are many people who come much closer than them...:rolleyes:

No dispute from me. However, the point of that had nothing to do with my opinion of the Anthonys. It was meant only to illustrate how we know the bad parts (the A's), but were not there for his private positive interaction with them (the part he considers good)...in order to speculate on someone's feelings with any accuracy I'd really have to have a full picture of their relationship.

Plus the guy actually posts here...he was asked several times why he felt that way, then answered. How are posts that center around his feelings "not adding up" and "sounding fishy" getting you any closer to understanding his straightforward answer? It's like his choices are to change his opinion (something that will happen on his time, if at all), defend himself AGAIN and get more "why are you defending the A's!?!" (and appear to be even closer to them than he really is) or ignore it completely which is pretty hard to do when posts are directed straight at you.

I really am ONLY commenting on Tony here...nobody even blinked when a poster did actually tell him that most people think his opinion is wrong...yet when he explains that his opinion is just MOO and came from his personal interaction with the A's, that is TOTALLY not an acceptable answer.

I respect all opinions here, and it seems like Tony does to, even if I hold a different opinion than he does.

I haven't been able to catch up with the whole thread, and I don't know how to say this without being overly blunt. Tony P. you seem like a super nice man. A man who see's the good in folks, but I can't help but see that the A's have manipulated you into thinking that they are "wonderful and nice" people. It's all an act IMO. And they are the type of people that will literally turn on you for a dime. Please be careful around them.

Can we move off of Padilla?

What about Anthony L's cell phone records?

He was agreeing to release records from 6/1/08 - 7/15/08 and from 7/23/08 to 9/13/08, although the request for for January 1,2008 through January 1/2009, later modified to April 1, 2008 through January 1, 2008. The argument was that before 6/1/08 and after 7/15/08 were irrelevant as these were the 6 weeks of his relationship with KC. The records from 7/23/08 to 0/13/08 were during the time he was allowing LE to tape his phone conversations. But, he didn't want 7/15/08 - 7/22/08 released. Now, these are pretty important dates in the case and reflect what AL was doing, where he was and who he was talking too. Good grief. He was the mommy's boyfriend, his post 7/15 activity is important to the defense. I dare say that if his cell records indicated ANY invovlement whatsoever, he would be in jail, but JB is entitled to look for himself.

Why object to the production of records for the 15th - 22nd of July? What is there that requires calling upon the Constitutional Right to Privacy to defeat?

So LE has interviewed LP, Tracy, RB and TP. For whatever reason, the prosecution wants them to testify. I think TP going on TV to announce that the contract is a fabrication is a bad move. Better left for the case-in-chief.

And Tony, having another person in the room when you met with Baez to sign a contract /privacy agreement with JB has no bearing. In fact, having another person in the room while discussing "privileged matters" does not always void the privilege i.e., an associate of Baez' in the firm also working the case but not appearing in court as she/he too is covered by the privilege.

Did anyone else see GA give KC the "I love you" signal? It seems she said a few words to him and maybe even CA, but she was hidden behind someone.

My, what an emotional breakdown! Did I miss it? A sniffle and a tissue for an invisible, dry tear. She wanted to look pitiful for GA so he would go the distance, stretch the truth for her and forget what he should remember in an effort to keep Tracy, LP, TP, RB from testifying. JB is fighting very hard to keep this out. It can't be good for KC.

However, the fact that Baez never made any move to shut LP up for all the months he was yakking away on TV tells me 2 things: nothing LP ever said came from the A house or KC or anyone in the house; and/or he didn't think his privacy agreement held water.

I just can't imagine Baez fabricating evidence that is so easily disputed on it's face, much less it's terms. He isn't stupid. That is disbarrment time and JB does not want to be disbarred, I promise you. Not for KC, not for 1 case out of many in a lifetime of practice, no way, no how.

The contract was in the last doc dump, I can't remember who signed it, but even then we pretty much agreed that it was unenforceable and worthless to prevent testimony on the basis of privilege alone.

But, as TP posted, there is no smoking gun just some interesting things that were said and which may not favor KC.

AL has a good lawyer. Strickland is all over the place, but gets pulled back with the law. He is thinking at least and asking the right questions.

Does Cindy REALLY think KC "mouthed I love you" to Cindy? No one else saw this. Does Cindy REALLY think KC looks "healthy"? Isn't this more revisionist history by someone very well versed in seeing only what she wants to see? This was a considerate Cindy but still a deluded Cindy? Did anyone see KC make any eye contact with Cindy..let alone mouth words to her?
http://www.wftv.com/video/20494191/index.html

The thing is, KC has a right to a jury trial and she will assert that right rather than be made to choose between a partial jury or a trial by bench. What seems to be a moot point isn't to the defense. To KC and her defense team, it's all about what her rights are so they will seek a change of venue to protect her right to a trial by jury.
I know...but it seems like a big bother if you ask me. Can you even ask for a change of venue for a fraud charge? I guess so. Yikes...what a waste of taxpayers money.

I wonder if you recall if it was in the August 7th or the July 30 documents? I seem to have missed it somehow and I sure did look...

Can we move off of Padilla?

What about Anthony L's cell phone records?

He was agreeing to release records from 6/1/08 - 7/15/08 and from 7/23/08 to 9/13/08, although the request for for January 1,2008 through January 1/2009, later modified to April 1, 2008 through January 1, 2008. The argument was that before 6/1/08 and after 7/15/08 were irrelevant as these were the 6 weeks of his relationship with KC. The records from 7/23/08 to 0/13/08 were during the time he was allowing LE to tape his phone conversations. But, he didn't want 7/15/08 - 7/22/08 released. Now, these are pretty important dates in the case and reflect what AL was doing, where he was and who he was talking too. Good grief. He was the mommy's boyfriend, his post 7/15 activity is important to the defense. I dare say that if his cell records indicated ANY invovlement whatsoever, he would be in jail, but JB is entitled to look for himself.

Why object to the production of records for the 15th - 22nd of July? What is there that requires calling upon the Constitutional Right to Privacy to defeat?

So LE has interviewed LP, Tracy, RB and TP. For whatever reason, the prosecution wants them to testify. I think TP going on TV to announce that the contract is a fabrication is a bad move. Better left for the case-in-chief.

And Tony, having another person in the room when you met with Baez to sign a contract /privacy agreement with JB has no bearing. In fact, having another person in the room while discussing "privileged matters" does not always void the privilege i.e., an associate of Baez' in the firm also working the case but not appearing in court as she/he too is covered by the privilege.

Did anyone else see GA give KC the "I love you" signal? It seems she said a few words to him and maybe even CA, but she was hidden behind someone.

My, what an emotional breakdown! Did I miss it? A sniffle and a tissue for an invisible, dry tear. She wanted to look pitiful for GA so he would go the distance, stretch the truth for her and forget what he should remember in an effort to keep Tracy, LP, TP, RB from testifying. JB is fighting very hard to keep this out. It can't be good for KC.

However, the fact that Baez never made any move to shut LP up for all the months he was yakking away on TV tells me 2 things: nothing LP ever said came from the A house or KC or anyone in the house; and/or he didn't think his privacy agreement held water.

I just can't imagine Baez fabricating evidence that is so easily disputed on it's face, much less it's terms. He isn't stupid. That is disbarrment time and JB does not want to be disbarred, I promise you. Not for KC, not for 1 case out of many in a lifetime of practice, no way, no how.

The contract was in the last doc dump, I can't remember who signed it, but even then we pretty much agreed that it was unenforceable and worthless to prevent testimony on the basis of privilege alone.

But, as TP posted, there is no smoking gun just some interesting things that were said and which may not favor KC.

AL has a good lawyer. Strickland is all over the place, but gets pulled back with the law. He is thinking at least and asking the right questions.
Haven't we seen many of the texts from the 15th on...or was that Jesse's? I'm sure that LE has every single call from the 15th on, though. Don't know what's up with the dates. But, the hell that guy must have been going through- I can't even imagine.

Haven't we seen many of the texts from the 15th on...or was that Jesse's? I'm sure that LE has every single call from the 15th on, though. Don't know what's up with the dates. But, the hell that guy must have been going through- I can't even imagine.
We have not seen Cindys texts, nor Lees, nor his girlfriend, Mallorys, nor have we seen many of Tonys. And of course, we have not seen Caseys in totality either...

It is despicable that each time the defense comes in to argue a new motion they throw someone else out as a potential conspirator/culprit. Zanny did it...no Annie did it...no Jesse did it...no Tony did it...for God sake Jose, throw out the correct one would you? CASEY DID IT!

What time did Tony say he'd be on NBC this morning? TIA

Couldn't see, what, if anything kc said...she was swallowed up by a gigantic bear. Positioning is purposeful. The bigger the better...must hide kc.

Cindy look disappointed when she looked at he daughter...did you see her eyes give kc the once over?...up an down. She did not approve of her appearance...With Cindy, it is all about appearance.

I have watched part of Friday's hearings. I do think that Casey is much paler than before. I do believe that she is heavier than the last time she was in court but she is not overweight. I did notice that she didn't appear to be wearing makeup. I don't know and can't really guess if the clothing decision and apparent lack of makeup is a deliberate one or not.

I did notice that Casey avoided looking at her parents and she didn't respond to them even with a smile or acknowledge them even when George blew her a kiss.

After watching the scenes of Casey dabbing her eyes several times I am not convinced that she was crying at all. I thought it looked staged.

I'm also not buying the SODDI defense or that SODDI moved Caylee's body.

I do wonder why Jose Baez didn't specifically put in the documentes in the first place that Padilla and the rest of the bonds people signed that anything that they did or said to Casey fell under the attorney client work product.

Just my 2 cents!

What time did Tony say he'd be on NBC this morning? TIA

I think it's between 7:30 and 8 am. Patty will tape it and post it in the media thread so I'm not getting up early to watch!

Does Cindy REALLY think KC "mouthed I love you" to Cindy? No one else saw this. Does Cindy REALLY think KC looks "healthy"? Isn't this more revisionist history by someone very well versed in seeing only what she wants to see? This was a considerate Cindy but still a deluded Cindy? Did anyone see KC make any eye contact with Cindy..let alone mouth words to her?
http://www.wftv.com/video/20494191/index.html

When she first begins shaking hands with the attorneys and she is right in front of that big one that is standing in front of Cindy and George, she does actually lean over to the left a bit and there seems to be some exchange, albeit a quick one, between Cindy and Casey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches