J. Wood AKA Mr. Mantis, Manatee, etc.

This is the wrong thread to discuss LPG, but lithium is probably not the only drug he was using, if he was indeed using it. One of his friends (I forget which) told police that LPG was addicted to drugs, and I am pretty sure he was not talking about lithium.

Here it is, found it mentioned in Rick's Blog:

"Elsa described Gonzalez as extremely addicted to prescription meds."
http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7247

Usually Lithium is givin to people with bipolar. IF he is bipolar, and IF he is taking lithium on a regular schedule then he should not have any serious manic attacks. There are alot of people who are bipolar and function normally as long as they take their prescribed medication. I think PG has a problem, a serious problem, but I don't think that being or possibly being bipolar is one of them...but then again I think most of the people involved in this whole scheme have a serious problem...
It's not uncommon for patients to take their medication improperly. And I think the fact PG Jr killed two people is a clue that he wasn't doing so.

Back to Jerry Wood... has anyone found any information to support the statement that Mr. Mantis had died? Has anyone braved to go by his house and look to see if it really is empty?

He is not deceased, and his house isn't empty. He's alive!

My apology for posting in the wrong place. That is why I hate posting anything. :)

I wonder who they were refering to when they said he was deceased.

Well, I do not know all of the details, but Jerry Wood has cancer, he spoke about having his lungs scraped. He is obviouslyy quite ill and HW mentioned that he would be "taking over". It is not a large leap to guess that they were a bit ahead of the game. But Mantis is Jerry Wood. Both Lonnie Smith and LPG confirmed this. There was a police interview with Jerry Wood. He is alive.

I don't see anything on the Soc Sec death index to show that Jerry Wood is deceased. . . also, my contact says he's still alive. . . and he's Mantis.

I guess what I'm trying to say here in a nice way and not make anyone mad...is that it is wrong to say that someone with bipolar, did not take their medicine and therefore committed a senseless murder. To say that would mean that everyone with bipolar has the same tendency... to murder their neighbor if they don't take their medicine. IF he has bipolar, then MAYBE it had something to do with the way he processed his thoughts. But there is no way we can point at an illness and say that is the reason. It didn't help, I'm sure. Now if he had other problems along with it, like say schizophrenia or something like that, then well, yea, maybe. But I don't think he has any of those problems, I think he's just a sociopath with serious issues...
JUST a sociopath? LOL

Nobody here is making a blanket statement about bipolar. All or nothing is illogical anyway. However, Lithium is used to treat more than bipolar. And the reality is some people with mental illnesses are unstable enough to become extremely dangerous. In some people, mania can present as rage.

As for Lithium, I have a member of my family who was propelled into a manic state when Lithium dosages were being adjusted. She began to speak gibberish and then proceeded to wrecked three different automobiles within an hour. That's three different automobiles she drove and wreched all three into multiple vehicles, buildings and a dumpster. When the police found her, she was walking into walls and still speaking gibberish. She is merely bipolar.

I know everyone wants to stay on topic, but some things can't be left unchallenged. Political correctness shouldn't stop a discussion about alleged information about Jr being on Lithium.

This may not be the right place to ask this, but JDW claims that PG JR was prescribed Lithium recently. Do we have any other statements that I may have missed about him being prescribed psychiatric drugs?

How is there supposed to be a discussion on this crime that involves at least 8 defendants and probably countless witnesses if somebody mentions a criminal in a thread that isn't dedicated to that particular criminal?

I just noticed your post RiverPirate.

It seems that flbeachkimmie posted in this thread because the information came from JDW.

I do think the Lithium posts would be best moved to the Jr thread. I wonder if we can get a mod to move them.

It would be beneficial to see if there are any other statements about Lithium in the discovery documents.

Please continue posting. Don't let anyone's opinion bully you into silence. Your opinion is just as important as anyone elses.

IMO, I think the man meant to say Loritab, not Lithium...multiple sources here discuss PLG as using and dealing the drug.

I just noticed your post RiverPirate.

It seems that flbeachkimmie posted in this thread because the information came from JDW.

I do think the Lithium posts would be best moved to the Jr thread. I wonder if we can get a mod to move them.

It would be beneficial to see if there are any other statements about Lithium in the discovery documents.

OK...Maybe my post was confusing. The point I was trying to make is that with so many people involved in this case, there are going to be times that we will be discussing multiple defendants in the same thread.
This the statement I was referring to.

This is the wrong thread to discuss LPG, but lithium is probably not the only drug he was using, if he was indeed using it. One of his friends (I forget which) told police that LPG was addicted to drugs, and I am pretty sure he was not talking about lithium.

I understand why flbeachkimmie says she hates posting anything. A lot of us are new here and it's ashame you have to feel like you need to consult an owners manual to post.

Woods is the topic of this thread and in his statement to LE, he referred to LPG using lithium. Which makes the discussion re Jr and the lithium related to the topic.

Sorry my original post was so confusing Should have worded it better.

OK...Maybe my post was confusing. The point I was trying to make is that with so many people involved in this case, there are going to be times that we will be discussing multiple defendants in the same thread.
This the statement I was referring to.

I understand why flbeachkimmie says she hates posting anything. A lot of us are new here and it's ashame you have to feel like you need to consult an owners manual to post.

Woods is the topic of this thread and in his statement to LE, he referred to LPG using lithium. Which makes the discussion re Jr and the lithium related to the topic.

Sorry my original post was so confusing Should have worded it better.

IMO I think the lithium statement is meant to be confusing!! He seemed to me to be deliberately trying to appear to be an addled, confused and desperately ill man.... no doubt he IS ill. But I doubt he is helpless OR confused!! IMO

A contact sent this photo of JPG and JW:
LPGJW.jpg

Thanks so much for the info, Linda! It puts to rest discussion involving the man at Zaxby's, because clearly it was not him.

Lindadanette - thanks for photo!

Wonder who's behind them giving them rabbit ears?

Maybe there were people that were led to believe Mantis was dead? I'm looking at this murder as only a "part of the plan" and not the actual goal of this "gang of thugs". It seems as though Wiggins was looking to muscle his way into the "top spot" and part of that plan was to create the impression that Mantis was effectively "dead". JMO.

Lindadanette - thanks for photo!

Wonder who's behind them giving them rabbit ears?

They're actually giving each other "rabbit ears" - which should put to rest any rumor that they weren't good friends - LOL

I cropped the picture to protect the innocent. . .

I guess I'm really wondering if Wood aka Mantis is also Manatee. Are we sure Manetee is just a misspelling of Mantis?

Jerry Wood owned the Manatee Corp. that he formed supposedly to protect his investment for when Jr. screwed up the money he loaned him, which he did.

Wood also owned Mantis Funding Corp.

It is very common in this area for people to have nick names. Sometimes they're just friendly names that you called somebody and they stick. Or, in this case it could even be looked at as a deceptive way to talk about someone.

Would be real easy for me to believe they Called Mr Wood - Mr. Manatee and Mr. Mantis, after his businesses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back