Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are telling me that the Uncle paid the 50 grand to the Nephew and no money was paid to the jail? Is that how it works?

After getting the $50,000, the Nephew gives the jail $500,000 to release KC . The Nephew gets the $500,000 back when KC is returned to jail/court. If KC runs, then the Bondsman/Nephew would loose the $500,000 until she is caught and returned to jail. Bounty hunters make their living by catching them and returning them to jail. They are paid by the Bondsman , because they NEED the person returned to the jail, to get their money. In this case, $500,000.

The Jail doesn't make money on the deal. The money is just to make sure the person returns for their court date.

TP is like a bank. When a person needs to be bonded out of jail, but don't have enough money for the bail, they take out a loan from a Bail Bondsman. The fee for such a loan is pretty standard of 10% of the bond amount. This fee is paid upfront.

KC didn't have the money for the fee. LP paid the fee for KC. That is the $50,000 fee for a $500,00 loan for the bond to let KC out of jail. The bank always keeps the fee, and so do bondsman. That is how they make their money.

That is why LP will not be getting his money back.

Yeah, I was thinking the 10% is like an insurance premium.

There seem to be several questions asked about LP & TP involvement here that have already been answered or at least addressed by TP previously. The only reason that I know they were addressed is that since TP's appearance here the other day, I have reread all of his posts from the beginning so they are a little fresher in my mind than they may be for some others.

For example, TP did say that someone contacted LP about getting involved in this. He wouldn't say who it was but did say that person was well known and I believe he said well respected by the media and a "household name" - by the way someone asked him if it was Geraldo and he said that LP & GR knew each other but it was not GR who contacted LP about this.

Also, TP addressed LP's $50,000 and that he would not get it back and in one post gave an example breakdown of the costs involved when a bail bonds man posts bail for someone. I'm sure a bonds man does get to keep part of the 10% or so that he charges but they do have costs they have to pay for each bond posted but they do not get to keep the whole 10%.

I'm sorry that I do not have specific links to post but I was reading a lot over the weekend only to become familiar with how TP had responded to questions from the beginning. I found several things very interesting especially in the posts from Aug 2008 just prior to KC getting out and during the time she went back to jail and shortly thereafter. TP has posted in only 8 threads as far as I can tell and has between 500 and 600 posts IIRC. I don't know how many of you have the time to go back and read them like I did but if you can find the time, just do an advanced search by user name and choose whether you want to see them by posts or threads.

A couple of the things I found interesting from last August was that he was asked back then if he worked for JB and said no a year ago. Also he was asked if he/they were hired to do security for KC or the A's and said that the only security they provided was that they were there to secure KC in the sense of assuring that she would be showing up for court - that was part of their conditions of getting her out - that Tracy be allowed to be in the home to assure this and that someone (I think the name was Ron but not positive) was to provide security for Tracy because they had all been receiving threats as well. Another thing I found interesting is that TP was posting here around the time that he signed the document that he admits he neglected to get a copy of and he was talking back then about how crazy their days were and how he had been sweating out the threats of being arrested that day so it isn't like he just thought of that as his reason for neglecting to get that copy now that JB is saying he signed the same one as LP.

As I said, I found the posts very intersting and recommend that anyone who has the time go back and reread them. I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next time TP can join us on WS for Q&A but until then his previous posts may answer some questions for you as it did for me.

Did I not say "summons so-to-speak" like "to call forth or evoke". (I have to go back and look at my post). I don't mean like in a subpoena. Work with me here please.

Oh! I see. Thanks!

I can be SOOO literal. :-( :blowkiss:

One thing that is foggy to me is the second bond company that ended up bailing her out again. Didn't that company have ties to the now infamous Mr. Black (alias)? I remember a bunch of sleuths on here doing some good work on tracking down that company. Just can't really remember what they discovered.

Yeah, there's that, too.

Somebody said, (I forget who), that KC was blathering, one day, when JB came into the house.

Said JB told her to shut up and go to her room.

BUT.. if JB had this iron-clad agreement with all the Ps, why would he shut her up with them?

Because JB didn't know that LP would care that JB was defending a guilty person. Once LP knew that JB was defending a guilty person they were no longer on the same page - that is, LP felt bad about getting involved. TP wishes they would have revoked the bond at that point because he could get his money back then. I think the 50,000 is with the jail and tied up until there can be a trial. If I'm wrong, I have to learn more about it but you guys are just confusing me. :razz:

She was re-arrested on the fraudulent check charges.
Then another company bailed out her out again.....:rolleyes:

Yep! Wonder where their 10% came from. They would have wanted it up front.

IIRC, it wasn't just 1 company, but split among 3 ???

Because JB didn't know that LP would care that JB was defending a guilty person. Once LP knew that JB was defending a guilty person they were no longer on the same page - that is, LP felt bad about getting involved. TP wishes they would have revoked the bond at that point because he could get his money back then. I think the 50,000 is with the jail and tied up until there can be a trial. If I'm wrong, I have to learn more about it but you guys are just confusing me. :razz:

No, the jail doesn't keep any of the money (except for maybe a small filing fee) once the perp is back in jail.

I thought we were allowed to discuss the why's, where's and how's of the circumstances of the case - just because we can/want to. I'm not saying that I am right.

Just trying to figure out how/why the Padilla's got involved in the first place. If it was purely a business move; I guess they got screwed so they're pissed.

LP decided to go find the baby, and got it OKed by the As. TP would be there when the perp was arrested. (LP thought it was a kidnapping, not a murder, at that point).

Thus, the whole team was ready, and in place.

Just like Dog went off to find Andrew Luster (and succeeded).

Of COURSE it was business, for both. They're BHs.

LP also felt that he COULD find Caylee. Just as Dog felt that he could (and did) find ALuster.

What's unclear, honey?

One thing that is foggy to me is the second bond company that ended up bailing her out again. Didn't that company have ties to the now infamous Mr. Black (alias)? I remember a bunch of sleuths on here doing some good work on tracking down that company. Just can't really remember what they discovered.

Don't know about that.

I know that the As were being all mysterious about who paid the BB. Al kinds of "Mr. Big" rumors were flying.

Turned out, it was the As, themselves. .

Okay, so I think I'm understanding this now. LP puts up $50,000 to bail KC out and that money is not returnable and GA shows his appreciation to LP by stating on the stand that LP and crew were there acting as security. No wonder the A's have this sense of entitlement.

I think the 50 grand is returned to LP after the case is tried. What case did he post bail for KC? Was it the check/forgery charges or the murder charges? She is in jail for two different crimes. Until the specific one is tried that the Padillas bonded for, they can't get the money freed. They'd be p.o.'d that Baez won't let the check charges be tried.

Don't know about that.

I know that the As were being all mysterious about who paid the BB. Al kinds of "Mr. Big" rumors were flying.

Turned out, it was the As, themselves. .

Yeah maybe that was it. I just remember the second bond being all shady and mysterious. Can't remember any details as it's been awhile since that was discussed.

I think you may be right.

IIRC LP gave KC the benefit of the doubt a bit longer than other people did.

When asked why by some reporter, he said, "I'm old-fashioned."

I think he DID care that KC was guilty, IMHO.

Yeah maybe that was it. I just remember the second bond being all shady and mysterious. Can't remember any details as it's been awhile since that was discussed.

Yeah, I was waiting with baited breath, at the time. I was also torqued that she was out, again. I was also doing research on who paid, myself.

I think NG beat me to it.

I think the 50 grand is returned to LP after the case is tried. What case did he post bail for KC? Was it the check/forgery charges or the murder charges? She is in jail for two different crimes. Until the specific one is tried that the Padillas bonded for, they can't get the money freed. They'd be p.o.'d that Baez won't let the check charges be tried.

The $50,000 was like an insurance premium paid to Tony P for Tony P to put up the $500,000 bond. The $50,000 never went to the court. Tony P is not required to pay it back to anyone.

The $500,000 bond is not cash, but more like Tony P's promise to pay the court $500,000 if KC didn't show up for trial. Now that KC is back in jail, that promise is moot. There is no chance of her not showing up. So Tony P is no longer at risk, and if the right paperwork was done his bond should have been released.

The $50K is never refunded, IIUC.

I think they may only be torqued re: JB changing the rules.

It was the c/f charges, IIRC.

NEPOTISM - grandson - nephew - favoritism shown to a relative (as by giving an appointive job) on a basis of relationship

FRATERNIZATION - 1. to associate or mingle as brothers or on fraternal terms 2. a. to associate on close terms of a hostile group esp. when contrary to military orders b. to be friendly or amiable

Nope. The jail was given $500,000 and they returned it when they got KC.

The $50,000 wasn't give to the jail. So they don't have it to return. The $50,000 is the 10% fee for the $500,000 bond. It was paid to a bondman (TP). The bondsman KEEPS the 10% fee. That is his payment. From that fee, he pays his business expeneses, etc. Pays his bills, etc. It is his paycheck.

LP doesn't get his money back. It is no longer his. It belongs to the bondsman who paid the $500,000. In this case, that bondsman is TP.

WOEBEGONE: I did not hear that about the pizza. So who ate the pizza? Was it offered to LP's crew after everyone within the house had already eaten it? If that is true then they could not have been very worried about the person who KC said was a "threat" to the family. Clearly there could have been something in the pizza.

Forgive me if this has been addressed but iirc the pizza was delivered from the outside. The A's had nothing to do with it. Everyone ate the pizza I think and then found out that nobody had ordered it from the house. It was sent as A GIFT! It freaked LP out understandably. He did feel they all could be in danger because of outsiders/nuts.

I don't recall the note. Just the story above.

Forgive me if this has been addressed but iirc the pizza was delivered from the outside. The A's had nothing to do with it. Everyone ate the pizza I think and then found out that nobody had ordered it from the house. It was sent as A GIFT! It freaked LP out understandably. He did feel they all could be in danger because of outsiders/nuts.

I don't recall the note. Just the story above.

Now he realizes the nut was on the inside....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member