Katherine Calloway

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ettL5d-yiz0"]YouTube - Garrido Victim Relives Rape[/ame]

Well said!

Katie Calloway should be applauded for taking a strong stand and telling her story, and her support of Jaycee and her family. :clap:

Her name is now in my hero book! I was so impressed with her on LKL. I pray that telling her story helps her heal completely and forever!

I actually had a very hard time listening to this. I find it hard to listen to human suffering. :(
I have a very thin skin...My tears just started to roll down, But she is a supper hero, yes she is !

just thinking that a 25 year old could not get away...
How would an 11 year old escape this monster.
Poor Jaycee....She has so much to heal. :blowkiss:

Excellent coverage - From Juror Thirteen URL Snipped for length:
One hour before Phillip Garrido kidnapped Hall, he tried to kidnap another woman in a similar manner, but she got away, according to officials and court records.

Garrido stopped the woman and asked her for a ride on the night of Nov. 22, 1976, Assistant U.S. Attorney Lealand Lutfy told a judge during Garrido’s 1978 trial for kidnapping Katherine Callaway. He got into the car and rode a certain distance before directing her down a different street, as he had with Callaway, Lutfy said.

When they stopped, “Garrido grabbed this woman, put one handcuff on this woman, (but) was unable to put the other one on,” Lutfy said. She struggled with Garrido and jumped out of the car, he said. Garrido agreed to loosen the cuffs if she promised that she wouldn’t tell the police, Lutfy said.

“She refused to get into the vehicle, the vehicle was moving,” Lutfy said. “He undid that one handcuff that was on her, attached to her, jumped out of the car and ran up the street and took off.”

Lutfy tried to introduce the alleged attack as evidence during Garrido’s federal trial in 1978 to show that he was on a mission to abduct a woman on that November night, and was not insane, as his lawyer was suggesting.

Did anyone see the pictures from when this lady was a young woman? I think she looks a little bit like Jaycee. (And incidentally, Garrido's lawyer looks a little like both his wives?!)

I posted a copy of the original police report, as well as a statement by Ms. Callaway at the time of the assault in 1976.

WARNING, the police report and victim statements are extremely graphic. The report is a total of 88 pages.

You can find the report, as well as other related pages, at this link:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4113937&postcount=6"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates *** No Discussion ***[/ame][ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4113937&postcount=6"][/ame]

...mistakenly labeled as "1977", this is Garrido's Nevada state prison mug shot after he was transferred from federal prison back to Nevada. The date says 1-22-88. Notice the dead eyes.

pgarridomugshot1977adepartmey.jpg

And he doesn't have even a mark where that huge mole is now. I heard nursey say the other day that it looks like a huge melinoma (skin cancer).

Am I the only one who has the strongest sense that I've heard about this case before. I'm exactly Katherine's age so I would have been in my 20s. Was there extensive media coverage or possibly was the atrocity used as the basis for a TV movie or film?

I read through the police reports carefully and I was struck by just how close to "every woman's nightmare" this case is. Does anyone else have that reaction? The tapping on the window, the handcuffs, the prepared sex-room, the humiliation, the ultimate saving grace of an observant officer. Katherine lived our horror.

The amazing thing is how strong her voice is now. She's really incredible, isn't she? PG preyed on girls and women but he somehow managed to pick some strong ones. They will prevail.

Because at the time, he lived 170 miles away. And, his previous crime
was not against a child.

what about the fact that the gps would have traced him to that area on that day? the real fact of the matter is he, nor any other suspects, were tracked down, for the fact the fbi had focused soley on carl probyn and the number one suspect

Am I the only one who has the strongest sense that I've heard about this case before. I'm exactly Katherine's age so I would have been in my 20s. Was there extensive media coverage or possibly was the atrocity used as the basis for a TV movie or film?

I read through the police reports carefully and I was struck by just how close to "every woman's nightmare" this case is. Does anyone else have that reaction? The tapping on the window, the handcuffs, the prepared sex-room, the humiliation, the ultimate saving grace of an observant officer. Katherine lived our horror.

The amazing thing is how strong her voice is now. She's really incredible, isn't she? PG preyed on girls and women but he somehow managed to pick some strong ones. They will prevail.

take what katherine endured and then multiply by 18 years, to an 11 year old child. jaycees strength to survive that long is incredible, and it shows how she will be able to overcome now that she is free

And he doesn't have even a mark where that huge mole is now. I heard nursey say the other day that it looks like a huge melinoma (skin cancer).

I think it is a basal cell carcinoma. It did not look like a melanoma to me. Not that I care anyway, but I don't think it is melanoma and basal cell isn't life-threatening...too bad, I know.

I think it is a basal cell carcinoma. It did not look like a melanoma to me. Not that I care anyway, but I don't think it is melanoma and basal cell isn't life-threatening...too bad, I know.

yes too bad lol

She's amazing.

image5282908x.jpg
(CBS)

"Katie now believes, she says, that Garrido was granted early parole because the manipulative sex offender had lied to his parole officer and convinced authorities that she had been his “girlfriend” and had falsely accused him of rape. "

more...

She's amazing.

image5282908x.jpg
(CBS)

"Katie now believes, she says, that Garrido was granted early parole because the manipulative sex offender had lied to his parole officer and convinced authorities that she had been his “girlfriend” and had falsely accused him of rape. "

more...

'
i dont doubt it. looks like hes' using his manipulation of the courts again with this "violated jaycee's rights" garbage.

Did anyone see the pictures from when this lady was a young woman? I think she looks a little bit like Jaycee. (And incidentally, Garrido's lawyer looks a little like both his wives?!)

I agree regarding Garrido's lawyer. I think she resembles Nancy Garrido.

I agree regarding Garrido's lawyer. I think she resembles Nancy Garrido.

katherine was great on dateilne tonight. im glad she has gotten to the point where she can speak out.
makes me wonder if the 14 year old he raped is still too scared to talk or is deceased though

katherine was great on dateilne tonight. im glad she has gotten to the point where she can speak out.
makes me wonder if the 14 year old he raped is still too scared to talk or is deceased though

Or perhaps feeling guilty for not speaking out? Poor thing, she must have had a million different fears and reservations!

Or perhaps feeling guilty for not speaking out? Poor thing, she must have had a million different fears and reservations!

knowing the year it happened (19720 im sure she probably felt humiliated by going to the cops and da's with the attitudes towards rape back then, particuarly acquantince rape.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back