The Duct Tape Match #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is disturbing to me is they mention, in the most recent docs, "1 long piece of duct tape". No measurements, which leads me to wonder if it was wrapped entirely around the skull, as the skull was not in the bag!

What is disturbing to me is they mention, in the most recent docs, "1 long piece of duct tape". No measurements, which leads me to wonder if it was wrapped entirely around the skull, as the skull was not in the bag!

I want to know if any of these "other" pieces of duct tape have evidence of decomp on the sticky side! That's what I want to know.

The "long" piece was not found with the skull. It was found Dec. 19.

The "long" piece was not found with the skull. It was found Dec. 19.
You could also theorize that the long piece was wrapped around the blanket, around the body to hold it in place. I don't think we've heard any details about fiber on the tape yet.

It's quite likely that several of these pieces of duct tape were already present amongst all the other miscellaneous litter at this site, long before Caylee's body was placed there. IIRC, only 1 piece (other than the piece on the skull) was recorded as 'Henkel' brand tape on the evidence reports.

You could also theorize that the long piece was wrapped around the blanket, around the body to hold it in place. I don't think we've heard any details about fiber on the tape yet.
Not every piece of duct tape is necessarily part of Caylee's demise. It could be part of general garbage. We await clarification.

I should have also noted no duct tape was found with the blanket (best I can tell right now). :)

As an FYI, none of the seven pieces of duct tape found at the crime scene were found with the blanket.

I should have also noted no duct tape was found with the blanket (best I can tell right now). :)
I'm with you on six of the pieces of duct tape, but I'm not sure about one. The H-60493 ,item 16 tape, and the blanket seem to have been collected at close to the same time and in close proximity to each other. You must have picked up a detail I've overlooked to be able to say that.

For some reason that one piece of tape keeps nagging at me.

ETA: I'm not disagreeing. I just don't have a clear picture in my mind yet.

I give up. Why?

I don't know and have been trying to get some discussion going on this. In the interview from the latest document dump, Annie asserted that she had no knowledge of Casey ever having "packing materials ie duct tape". But in a series of text or pm messages, Annie complains about Casey having Annies' tape from the Anything but Clothes Party.

I don't know and have been trying to get some discussion going on this. In the interview from the latest document dump, Annie asserted that she had no knowledge of Casey ever having "packing materials ie duct tape". But in a series of text or pm messages, Annie complains about Casey having Annies' tape from the Anything but Clothes Party.
What kind of tape was she referring to...did she say duct tape? I can no longer remember.

I think you have Annie & Amy mixed up.....I believe it was Amy speaking of the Duct tape:waitasec:

Thanks reeseeva

Seriously.
It was good to see WS working there.

I missed the wrong name when Shaymus posted the question too. Good to have it cleared up so simply.

You are Welcome HP................:blowkiss: You usually don't miss much!

The tape that Amy uses is called "gripper tape"...and I don't know why she didn't clarify that. I remember this from month's ago...it was on this board. Amy uses it when she used to work for stage setup. It was missing and she believed Casey had it.

Here is a link to Gripper tape:

http://www.narrow-fabrics-manufacturers.com/gripper-tapes.html
Some links might be in order here. Links to Amy's statement.

Are you sure that Amy's tape wasn't "gaffer" tape. That is a minor variant of duct tape which would be in common use on movie sets, sound stages, event equipment set-ups, etc.

I'm quite familiar with your "Gripper" tape, and it is of no earthly use to anyone who is not installing or repairing wall-to-wall carpet.

ETA: My bad. Checked this product. Yet another Gripper tape and not what I thought. It's still not a tape that would be useful for anything but carpet/rug issues.

Some links might be in order here. Links to Amy's statement.

Are you sure that Amy's tape wasn't "gaffer" tape. That is a minor variant of duct tape which would be in common use on movie sets, sound stages, event equipment set-ups, etc.

I'm quite familiar with your "Gripper" tape, and it is of no earthly use to anyone who is not installing or repairing wall-to-wall carpet.
...and thanks to you, too! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member