Forensic linguistics as investigative tool on RN

Do you accept forensic linguists as defined below as a valid investigation tool

• Im IDI forensic linguistics which does not agree with RDI is not science

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
never send a handwriting expert to do the work of a forensic linguist.

Agreed. Two separate fields.

Doesn't that sound familiar.

Talk plain, voynich.

It sounds like you've not read Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics in its entirety.

You got me pegged.

Well if you read McM's book to its entirety you can see what Foster did and what McM does.

I'm sure I would. But I doubt it would be any more enlightening in the larger sense.

Have you read McM's book to compare what Mysteeri says v.s what McM says for yourself? Obviously not.

You don't seem to get what I mean. The average layman, such as myself, is the kind of person who would be seated on a jury. And as such, they're most likely not going to read a long, technical book. They're going to need the various lawyers and experts themselves to explain in simple language what it is they do and why it should be accepted as authoritative, especially if you have dueling methods. So far, neither Foster nor McMenamin have done anything to impress me all that much.

Which is what he did w/RN "pick up" vs "pickup" or "pick-up" misspells advise and advize etc. (this is the easiest example to type out)

Pardon my saying so, but that comparison seems like apples and handgrenades.

Which problem do you allude to?

Didn't I make it obvious? The problem as I--a regular guy--see it, is that McM seems to change his methods and opinions depending on which way he thinks the wind will blow best.

Right now, that's not the ONLY problem around here, as I'm sure some of my colleagues would agree, but it's the one that speaks most directly to this subject.

That the RDI does not make use of forensic linguistics? Well that's obvious.

I seem to recall that cherokee DID make use of it. That said, for me the issue is not whether or not I use it; the issue his how the DA's office used it or to be more accurate, FAILED to use it.

And yes it is a problem and yes I've been telling you and other RDI's to download and read Gerald R McMenamin - Forensic Linguistics Advances In Forensic Stylistics to its entirety.

I've been urging you to take a look at a few things, for all the good it's done me.

That courts and academic linguists accept foresnic linguistic to the extent they will send a perp in prison for life despite a vigorous cross-examination from Sally's defense team? That they accept McM's analysis as valid?

Truth be told, voynich, I don't know how vigorous Sally Witham's defense was. But even then, from the way the case was presented on the program--and as I tried to get across here--she had a LOT more going against her than just McM's say-so. He was the final nail in the coffin. Far as I go, the courts had no reason not to accept it then. But he's got a LOT (and I DO mean a lot!) more going against him in regard to THIS case! He'd have a much tougher row to hoe here.

That this is a problem for RDI spin theories which links PR to RN?

First of all, RDI doesn't HAVE "spin" theories. I'm glad we got that straight.

Second of all, there's a LOT more than RDI theories that link her to it! As for McM's analysis being a problem for that, considering that he was never part of the investigation and that he's never been mentioned by any of the Rs or their minions (people who never hesitate to shout innocence from the nearest available mountaintop), I take it with a grain of salt.

As I have argued before, there are plenty of other reasons to reject a PR-RN or JR-RN link,

Just as I have argued that there are reasons to reject the rejections, a FAT lot of good it does me.

it makes no sense for PR to write a note in her own handwriting in front of JR

Maybe if you'd read the "No Honor Among Thieves" thread I went out of my way to make for you, you'd understand. It's still there. Add to that it wasn't like there were a lot of options, which I've also explained.

To put it another way, one of my favorite authors once said, "once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

w/pen there on her own note pad,

Just whose notepad was she SUPPOSED to use?

where she knew would be attempts to match handwriting from her to the RN.

ASSUMING (and it's a big assumption) that she was thinking that far ahead, I wouldn't put it past her to think she could outsmart everyone else. As for what JR thought, I covered that in the "No Honor Among Thieves" thread. READ IT.

It makes no sense.

The way I see it, child-murder's not SUPPOSED to make sense to sane people. I seem to recall you saying the SAME thing not too long ago. Seems to me you use a very basic double-standard.

I don't believe a 40 y.o mother would watch and then quote from movies like Ransom and Dirty Harry,

The fact that they were MISQUOTED shows me that the writer's own knowledge of those films was limited. As for what a 40-year-old mother would watch, you'd be amazed.

Moreover, we're not talking about a "40-y/o mother." We're talking about Patsy Ramsey, the Mother of all Mothers, and a woman with show business in her blood on top of it.

and there's no reason for the RN to really DUN MOCH JR by calling him a fat cat and telling him to use that good Southern Sense

I've always felt that PR held a certain amount of resentment towards him, at least at that moment. That reminds me: you asked me what I thought happened in this case. I told you where you could find it. You never did tell me if you did or what you thought of it. The reason I bring that up is that, if what I think happened really happened, in a way it was his fault.

That McM's peer-reviewed research methods helped investigators, detectives, prosecutors, and defense attorneys with a criminal MURDER investigation?

Once again, I remind you that he was only part of a larger case. He was not the case itself. No, I have no problem with it.

That a judge and jury accepted McM's testimony and convicted on it?

They convicted on a LOT more than that!

Or that McM's testimony regarding our RN is not being used to guide our investigation into the murder of JB as it did Sally Whitman/Denise Whitman?

I think we have a misunderstanding here. My attempt was not to compare the two cases. Far from it. My attempt was that there seems to be mixed messages as to what exactly he does.

That handwriting may not be enough so we can turn to forensic applications of the science of linguistics?

I'm not sure what to think about that. On the one hand, you do need something to answer the limitations of one aspect. On the other hand, what to use, how to use it and how far to take it are the questions.

Or is it, "The JIDI and the RDIST is alike in almost everyway, including their quest for greater power. The difference is that the JIDI is not afraid to use the dark side (forensic linguists), and the RDIST are.

Wait for it, wait for it...

Or that you didn't read McM to its entirety? I did suggest that before re-watching it so you better pick-up his testimony. Read his book to its entirety, then re-watch the video clip and you'll see many of your questions are answered as well as the importance of his testimony in that trial and for JB.

So it would seem.

" based on what you've been telling me" As Yoda said, "Much to learn you still have". You can read McM for yourself.

I thought about it, until I saw the $90 price!

I do want to say thanks for taping it and re-watching it and posting it here. The questions you ask show you have NOT read McM's book. I would recommend you do so and most of your frequently asked questions (FAQ) are addressed.

You're welcome.

Bottom line, forensic linguists is a valid scientific research tool that DA's, prosecutors, judges, defense attorneys, and the scientific community accept,investigators and there's no reason not to use it in this murder investigation due to some misguided attachment to RDI spin theories

Last I checked, that wasn't the reason.

JB deserves the very best forensic and investigative tools we can use such as DNA and forensic linguistics to bring her killer to justice, not spin theories.

My thoughts EXACTLY...

BTW: if you sense a more confrontational approach to my posting, your insight serves you well. I've done my best to be a good sport, but my supply of "patience pills" is running low. Now you will experience the FULL power of the dark side!

When we use science and expert professional opinions, when we 'do the math', an intruder did it. Whether its qualitative or quantitative, there is simply more professional support for IDI than for RDI.

I don't know about that. I've got my list. How's yours?

Every expert have their own style and if you try to discredit one then why should the other expert style be praised cause each is their own...Cause above all they are human no higher than anyone else...

Every expert have their own style and if you try to discredit one then why should the other expert style be praised cause each is their own...Cause above all they are human no higher than anyone else...

I agree. But where is the federal court, the DA office, the ABFDE certified document examiner who also happens to work for the US Secret Service (and NOT as a database administrator), or the DNA lab that sides with RDI?

Its as if RDI has this imaginary force behind it that is somehow equal to IDI.

Again, RDI simply doesn't have the weight in support that IDI has steadily acquired over the years. RDI only clings to off-hand remarks by FBI agents at the scene BEFORE any FORENSICS were even done!

I agree. But where is the federal court, the DA office, the ABFDE certified document examiner who also happens to work for the US Secret Service (and NOT as a database administrator), or the DNA lab that sides with RDI?

Its as if RDI has this imaginary force behind it that is somehow equal to IDI.

Again, RDI simply doesn't have the weight in support that IDI has steadily acquired over the years. RDI only clings to off-hand remarks by FBI agents at the scene BEFORE any FORENSICS were even done!

Now the remarks I go by are from the R's themselves really don't need anyone else cause their statements does enough..And please there is more than this DNA in this case...

Now the remarks I go by are from the R's themselves really don't need anyone else cause their statements does enough..And please there is more than this DNA in this case...

C'mon, where's the beef?

IDI:

Boulder County District Attorney
US Secret Service Document Examiner (NOT an IT technician!:clap:)
US District Court Judge

RDI:

?

C'mon, where's the beef?

IDI:

US Secret Service Document Examiner (NOT an IT technician!:clap:)
US District Court Judge

RDI:

?

If you are using the Boulder County District Attorney office back in the day of Hunter and Lacy, I feel for you cause I don't see where they did their job in the beginning...US Secret Service Document Examiner just he style not written in stone cause we still have one or two that some was trying to destory for saying PR wrote the RN...US District Court Judge didn't have all needed to really know about the case...

If you are using the Boulder County District Attorney office back in the day of Hunter and Lacy, I feel for you cause I don't see where they did their job in the beginning...US Secret Service Document Examiner just he style not written in stone cause we still have one or two that some was trying to destory for saying PR wrote the RN...US District Court Judge didn't have all needed to really know about the case...

This all sounds like sour grapes to me.

Those were my points and you counterpointed. Fine. Now, where's the beef? Where are YOUR points? You know, something on the same level as a higher office or court, not just some dude. Cause IDI has plenty of dudes.

IDI:
US District Court Judge
US Secret Service Document Examiner

RDI:
we still have one or two that some were trying to destroy

HUH?

This all sounds like sour grapes to me.

Those were my points and you counterpointed. Fine. Now, where's the beef? Where are YOUR points? You know, something on the same level as a higher office or court, not just some dude. Cause IDI has plenty of dudes.

IDI:
US District Court Judge
US Secret Service Document Examiner

RDI:
we still have one or two that some were trying to destroy

HUH?

Well if IDI can bring something new to the table other the same people then I might be more willing to put MY points out here but the ones in the DA office never prove their findings ok foreign DNA I grant you that but as the RN was destory by testing so can the DNA..First thing to ask yourself are these people able 100% without reasonable doubt be sure of their findings...Cause with everything else the way this case was done and treated make it hard to prosecute anyone....

Well if IDI can bring something new to the table other the same people then I might be more willing to put MY points out here but the ones in the DA office never prove their findings ok foreign DNA I grant you that but as the RN was destory by testing so can the DNA..First thing to ask yourself are these people able 100% without reasonable doubt be sure of their findings...Cause with everything else the way this case was done and treated make it hard to prosecute anyone....

Maybe I'm not making myself clear enough. OK I'll slow down:

IDI has a US District Court Judge, the Boulder County DA, and a US Govt document examiner.

What does RDI have that is on a similar level and not just some dude that quit his job to write a book before the facts were in?

IDI has a US District Court Judge, the Boulder County DA, and a US Govt document examiner.

What does RDI have that is on a similar level and not just some dude that quit his job to write a book before the facts were in?

I'm up to speed and really I don't go by ST,Holdon...And I said it before bring something new cause I done counterpointed the ones you said...You get up with speed I ask a question could the people about the DNA back that up 100% without a reasonable doubt...

Hi Hotyh.

ya Those that have not read McM's complete analysis, myself included, are at a definite disadvantage, for purposes of this discussion.

Hotyh, if McM were to cite his limitations, would his primary limitation not be the 400 words sample size vs the 1000 word sample which is the ideal within his peer group.

Hi Hotyh.

ya Those that have not read McM's complete analysis, myself included, are at a definite disadvantage, for purposes of this discussion.

Hotyh, if McM were to cite his limitations, would his primary limitation not be the 400 words sample size vs the 1000 word sample which is the ideal within his peer group.

I'm not sure McM referred to any 'limitation' due to the size of the RN being less than 1000 words. On the contrary, I believe he said there was ample information to be able to exclude anyone other than the real RN author. According to McM's conclusion:

3. The range of variation measured in the questioned letter constitutes
sufficient basis for comparison to any suspect writer, given that the
probability of replicating it by chance in other than its own writer is
near zero.

What this means is if IDI then PR couldn't duplicate the RN if she tried, using her normal style.

Therefore, in order for PR to have written the RN (in order for RDI to exist), she would have to use an altered style. There is simply no evidence that this is the case. Not only that, but the 'altered style' argument could be applied to any suspect writer. This is where the wildcard "Oh, well he altered his style" claim can be applied to anybody to magically account for all the differences in handwriting, spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc., between the RN author and the suspect's styles.

Is there a separate, cohesive style for the RN author? Yes. Therefore, for RDI to exist, PR didn't just alter her style, she created a new, complex, and cohesive style! According to RDI, she didn't just misspell a word here and there on purpose, she created a whole new character with a wholly different but consistent style!

Gregg O. McCrary

Supervisory Special Agent
Federal Bureau of Investigation (retired)
Nationalcenter for the Analysis of Violent Crime
FBI Academy Quantico , Virginia , USA

EDUCATION

Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Ithaca College, Ithaca New York, 1967
Graduate studies, Criminal Justice, Long Island University 1975-1976
Additional Graduate studies at University of Virginia 1989-1990
Master of Arts in Psychology, Marymount University Arlington, VA 1992

EMPLOYMENT

Federal Bureau of Investigation, Special Agent (1969-1994)
Threat Assessment Group (1995-1997)
Behavioral Criminology International (1997-Present)

Independent Contractor for:

Park Dietz and Associates, Newport Beach, CA
Threat Assessment Group, Newport Beach, CA
U.S. Investigative Services, Hyattsville, MD.
Control Risks Group, London England
Faculty Positions:

Adjunct Faculty University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (1988-1995) FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia

Adjunct Professor of Forensic Psychology and Criminology Marymount University, Arlington, Virginia Forensic Psychology (Graduate Level)

Adjunct Professor of Psychology Center for Psychological Studies (Graduate and Undergraduate) Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

SPECIALIZED TRAINING

FBI In-Service Training:

Selective Operations Seminar (1978)
Drug Enforcement Administration Training (1979)
Labor Racketeering (1980)
Special Weapons and Tactics (1980)
Expert Firearms and Defensive Tactics Instructors School (1981)
Crisis Management (1981)
White Collar Crime/Fraud (1982)
Profile/NCAVC Coordinator (1985)
Narcotics Raid Planning (1986)
Advanced Profile/NCAVC Coordinator (1987)
Criminal Sexuality Instructor (1987)
Arson Investigation (1988)
Advanced Criminal Sexuality Instructor (1991)
Advanced Violent Crime Investigators Seminar (1992)

OTHER TRAINING

Basic and Advanced Forensic Pathology
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (1988)
Reid School of Interview and Interrogation (1988)
Black Belt Instructor Shorinjii Kempo (1984)
Scientific Content Analysis by Avinom Sapir Rockville, MD (1991)
International Conference on Violent Crime, September 13-17, 1999, Barrie, Ontario Canada
International Homicide Investigators Seminar September 18-22, 2000, FBI Academy
ICIAF training, Key West Florida May 20-24,2001
ICIAF training, Barre, Ontario, September 25-28, 2001
CPTED Certification: National Crime Prevention Institute: University of Louisville October 8-12, 2001
Institute of Law Psychiatry and Public Policy, University of Virginia: Assessing Criminal Behavior: The Importance of How the Crime was Committed September 26, 2003
MAJOR PRESENTATIONS

Charles O. Bick College Toronto, Ontario Canada 1986
State University College at Brockport, NY (1987)
Five State Peace Officers Association Woodward, Oklahoma October 12-14, 1988
Bureau of Criminal Apprehension St. Paul, Minnesota February 6-8, 1989
Harvard Associates of Police Science University of Maryland Medical School Chief Medical Examiner's Office Baltimore, MD 1989
First Annual Governors' Conference on Violent Crime Myrtle Beach, South Carolina May 18, 1989
International Criminal Investigation and Training Program (ICITAP)
Criminal Investigative Analysis Belize, Central America
Principal Instructor August 18-26, 1989 University of Virginia
Institute of Psychiatry and the Law Featured Speaker 1989
Metropolitan Toronto Police Criminal Sexuality Seminar Principal Instructor 1990
Colorado Association of Sex Crime Investigators Glenwood Springs, Colorado Principal Instructor May 15-18, 1990
Ontario Police College Alymer, Ontario Criminal Sexuality Seminar Principal Instructor May 21-24, 1990
Southeastern Association of Criminal Investigators Criminal Sexuality Seminar Principal Instructor Tampa, Florida September 15-20, 1990
Featured Speaker at Homicide Symposium, Crime Scene Analysts Conference and King
County Police Sex Crime Investigators Training
Seattle, Washington
Olympia, Washington
Yakima, Washington May 6-10, 1991
New York City Police Advanced Homicide Detective Training Featured Speaker May 1991
New York, NY
FBI National Academy Retraining Seminar Violent Crime Rochester, New York June 23-26, 1991
Marymount University Psy Chi National Honor Society for Psychology Guest Lecturer "Inside the Violent Mind". Arlington, VA - October 1, 1991
FBI National Academy European Chapter Violent Crime Investigation Brussels, Belgium November 1992
First International Symposium on Criminal Investigative Analysis Principal Instructor and Coordinator Vienna, Austria - October 1993
Policia Judiciare National Police Academy of Portugal Investigating Violent Crime Principal Instructor Lisbon, Portugal - November 1993
Cuerpo Nacional De Policia National Police Academy of Spain Investigating Violent Crime
Principal Instructor Avila, Spain - December, 1993
Hungarian National Police Investigating Violent Crime Principal Instructor Budapest, Hungary - June 1994
French National Police Investigating Violent Crime Principal Instructor Paris, France - June 1994
California District Attorney's Association 10th Annual Homicide Symposium : January 1995
Defense Research Institute Premise Liability re Violent Crimes Boston, Massachusetts
May 25-26, 1995
Pacific Coast Labor Law Conference Seattle, Washington Workplace Violence Prevention
June 7-9, 1995
Grand Rounds University of Virginia Medical School Charlottesville, Virginia November 8, 1995
Center for the Study of the Mind and Human Interaction University of Virginia Charlottesville, Virginia - January 17, 1996
Defense Research Institute Premises Liability for Violent Crimes San Diego, California
March 27-29, 1996
Association of Trial Lawyers of America Premises Liability for Violent Crimes Mega Seminar
Las Vegas, Nevada February 1997
Defense Research Institute Premises Liability for Violent Crimes New Orleans, Louisiana
April 10-11, 1997
FBI National Academy International Retraining Symposium Burlington, Ontario Canada
July 14 - 15, 1997
Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists White Plains, New York October 17, 1997
Employers Reinsurance Corporation Violent Crime Seminar San Francisco, CA Oct. 27, 1997
Atlanta Apartment Association Premises Liability - Violent Crime Seminar Atlanta, Georgia, May 20, 1998
"The Violent Mind" Nova Southeastern University (APA accredited) Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
June 20 - 21, 1998
Association of Trial Lawyers of America Inadequate Security Litigation Group National Convention Washington, D.C. - July 13, 1998
Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia Premises Liability-Violent Crime Seminar
Atlanta, Georgia November 5, 1998
Annual Claims Exposition & Conference Premises Liability Violent Crime Presentation
St. Louis, Missouri November 13, 1998
Eastern Analytical Symposium Criminal Profiling Somerset, New Jersey November 18, 1998
American Academy of Forensic Sciences Panel Member Suicide and Equivocal Death Investigations Orlando, Florida February 15, 1999
Nova Southeastern University The Violent Mind (APA Accredited) Orlando, Florida - February 27-28, 1999
Miami, Florida May 15-16, 1999
Burns International Security Seminar Las Vegas, Nevada September 13-15, 1999
Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science Cold Case Homicide Workshop University of New Haven January 11-13, 2000
Northern California Fraud Investigator's Conference Monterey, California April 11, 2000
Institute of Continuing Legal Education Atlanta, Georgia Premise Liability and Violent Crime November 3, 2000
University of Virginia Critical Incident Analysis Group Religious Violence/Waco November 14, 2000
California State Hospital at Atascadero Presentation to Staff re Violent Offenders May 9-11, 2001
Marymount University "The Violent Mind" October 23, 2001
Institute for Continuing Legal Education Atlanta, Georgia Premise Liability and Violent Crime November 2, 2001
DeSales University Bethlehem, PA. "The Violent Mind" November 14, 2001
Violence Risk Assessment through Crime Analysis DC Superior Court Pre-Trial Services Washington, D.C. December 6, 2001
Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science Cold Case Homicide Workshop University of New Haven December 10-12, 2001
Homicide: Behaviors, Motives and Psychology: A Gathering of Leading Experts Monte Carlo Hotel Las Vegas, Nevada March 11-13, 2002
University of Paris Institut de Criminlologie Departement de Recherche Premiere Conference Internationale Sur L'Analyse Criminelle et le Profilage Criminel 391 Rue, de Vaugirard/75006 Paris, France June 3-5, 2002
Conference of County Court Judges Ft. Myers, Florida Risk of Violence Prediction July 12, 2002
Colorado Sex Crime Investigators Association Aspen, Colorado August 28-30, 2002
American University Washington, D.C.
International Criminal Justice Seminar September 6, 2002
Defense Research Institute Sexual Torts: Rape and False Allegation of Rape Hotel Del Coronado San Diego, California October 24-25, 2002
Canadian Association of Psychiatry and the Law (CAPL) Annual Conference Banff, Alberta Canada October 31, 2002
Profiling and Crime Analysis: Homicides, Sex Crimes and Other Crimes of Violence A Program for Law Enforcement, Justice and Mental Health Professionals Nova University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida November 8-9, 2002
Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science Cold Case Homicide Seminar University of New Haven January 6-9, 2003
American College of Forensic Examiners National Conference; Scottsdale, Arizona October 9-11, 2003 Violent Female Offenders
Marymount University Profiling and Beyond December 6, 2003
Arlington, Virginia Ithaca College Ithaca, New York Department of Psychology FBI Profiling and the Criminal Mind March 1, 2004
Nova University Homicide Presentation for Law Enforcement Miami, Florida March 26, 2004
Nova University Homicide Presentation for Law Enforcement Las Vegas, Nevada April 2, 2004
Markle Symposium Henry Lee Institute of Forensic Science Foxwood Resorts Ledyard, Connecticut April 5-6, 2004
Advanced Markle Symposium Cold Case Homicide Workshop Henry Lee Institute of Forensic Science University of New Haven April 7-9,2004
Atascadero State Hospital Presentation to staff re violent offenders Atascadero, California May 3, 2004
Public Defenders Service Washington D.C. Interview/Interrogation Techniques Dynamics of False Confessions May 17, 2004
OPERATIONAL SUPPORT OF MAJOR INVESTIGATIONS

Agent McCrary has been a consultant to law enforcement agencies both nationally and internationally in over 1000 cases involving sexual homicide, serial murder, rape, arson, child abduction, child molestation, threat assessments and other violent crimes.
October 24, 1987 On-site consultation, Toronto, Canada re the homicide of Margaret McWilliams
November 9-11, 1988 On-site consultation, Little rock, Arkansas re the abduction of infant Christopher Michael Jones from a hospital.
November 21-23, 1989 On-site consultation, Toronto, Canada, re "The Scarborough Rapist"
January 12, 1989 On-site consultation with the Massachusetts State Police, New Bedford, Mass. re serial murder of prostitutes.
February 7, 1989 On-site consultation, prosecutive strategy re John William Doughty (kidnapping and attempted murder) St. Paul, Minnesota
April 26, 1989 On-site New Bedford, Massachusetts re serial killing of prostitutes.
April 27, 1989 On-site consultation re sexually sadistic rapist; Waterford, Connecticut
November 3-8, 1989 On-site consultation with Royal Bahamian Police re a serial murder investigation
November 12-18, 1989 ICITAP presentation and case consultation in San Jose, Costa Rica.
December 13-15, and 27-29, 1989 On-site consultation re serial killings of prostitutes, Rochester, New York.
December 26, 1989 On-site Consultation re mass murder of Harris Family, Ithaca, NY
September 4-6, 1990 Newark, New Jersey Multi-agency meeting re Eric Napoletano serial murder investigation.
January 9-11, 1991 Suffolk County New York Police, Kathy Woods Homicide
April 22-23, 1991 Multi-jurisdictional task force re Peter Stark, suspected serial killer, Province of Ontario, Canada
August 27-29, 1991 Phoenix, Arizona re the murders of nine individuals in a Buddhist Temple.
September 24-26, 1991 Greenville South Carolina State Organization of Victim's Assistance Multi-State Conference and case consultation with SLED re serial rapist.
October 16-22, 1991 Vancouver, BC On-site consultation re a series of sexual homicides.
November 5-8, 1991 Charleston, SC consultation re a series of rapes (The North Charleston Rapist).
March 18, 1992 - April 3, 1992 On-site consultation re murder of FBI Agent Stanley Ronquist - Kansas City
May - June of 1992 At Morristown, New Jersey re kidnapping of Sidney J. Reso, President of Exxon International
August 1992 Dr. Ernst Geiger and Magistrate Thomas Mueller, Vienna Austria re serial murder investigation (Signature Crime Analysis).
October 1992 Leslie Mahaffey, Kristen French homicides - Project Green Ribbon - St. Catherines, Ontario Canada.
November 1992, at Brussels Belgium and Amsterdam for FBINA presentation and case consultation re serial child molester.
March-April 1993 - At Waco, Texas re Branch Davidian standoff
May 1993 - At Vienna, Austria with Dr. Geiger and Thomas Mueller re three additional homicide cases
November 1993 - At Lisbon, Portugal re a serial murder investigation
December 1993 - At Avila, Madrid and Barcelona, Spain re unsolved homicide investigations
December 1993 - At Babenhausen, Germany re abduction and sexual homicide of a two-year-old female.
March 1994 - In Florida and Alabama re Frank Potts serial murder investigation
March of 1994 - In Mexico City assisting Mexican authorities re assassination of Presidential Candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio
June 1994 - At Graz Austria - provided expert testimony re Jack Unterweger, Serial Murderer.
June 1994 - At Budapest, Hungary re unsolved homicides with Hungarian National Police and Budapest Homicide
June 1994 - At Paris, France re unsolved homicides
September 1995 - At Morristown, New Jersey re Nicholas Muscio homicide investigation
January of 1996 - At Somerville, Massachusetts re Edward O'Brien homicide investigation
April of 1997 - Testified the transfer hearing of Edward O'Brien in a homicide case for the Middlesex County Prosecutor
May of 1998 - At Ventameglia and San Remo Italy re on-going serial murder Investigation
July 29, 1998 At University of Virginia, Institute of Psychiatry, Law and Public Policy, re serial murder investigation in Perth, Australia (Macro Task Force)
November, 1998 At New Scotland Yard, London England re a series of rapes and a serial homicide investigation.
September 1999 At Barre, Ontario Canada with an Australian Multi-Agency Task force investigating a series of sexually sadistic homicides committed by a group of offenders.
March 31 April 3, 2000 Testified in the Sam Sheppard civil trial in Cleveland, Ohio.
March 2003 Testified in Alaska v. Wade, Anchorage Alaska. Sexual homicide.
PUBLICATIONS:

Contributing author to The Crime Classification Manual Macmillan Inc. 1992

A Typology of Interpersonal Stalking, Co-authored with Dr. Ann Burgess and others; published in the Journal of Interpersonal Violence - December 1996. Sage Publications.

The Unknown Darkness; Profiling the Predators Among Us.ISBN 0060509570: Co-authored with Dr. Katherine Ramsland: Published by William Morrow in September 2003.

PROFESSIONAL AFFLIATIONS:

Member of Editorial Review Board for Aggression and Violence a Professional Journal
Member of Editorial Review Board for Journal of Family Violence a Professional Journal
Member of the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
Member of the International Criminal Investigative Analysis Fellowship (ICIAF)
Member of the Society for Former Special Agents of the FBI
Member of the International CPTED Association (ICA )
Charter Member of the International Homicide Investigators Association (IHIA)
PUBLIC RECOGNITION OF AGENT McCRARY'S EXPERTISE:

Noted British Criminologist and author Colin Wilson dedicated his 1990 book, "The Serial Killers" to Agent McCrary.
Agent McCrary's work in violent crime was featured in the Emmy nominated documentary
"Mind of a Serial Killer" which was produced by NOVA for the Public Broadcasting system (PBS) in 1992.
Agent McCrary's work in an international serial murder investigation was highlighted in the documentary "A Stranger Murder" produced by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) in conjunction with the Arts and Entertainment Network (A&E) in 1995.
Agent McCrary's expertise was featured in a documentary produced for Japanese National Television by FUJI Television Productions in 1995 entitled, "The Nonfiction Approach to Serial Killers"
Agent McCrary's expertise was featured in two documentaries in 1998. One was titled "Born to Kill" and was produced for Discovery Magazine and aired nationally on the Discovery Channel. The second was a French documentary produced by Sciences et Avenir and aired internationally from Paris.
Agent McCrary's expertise was featured in three documentaries in 1999. One for Time Zone International, a German Television Production a second for "The FBI Files" produced by the Discovery Channel which also produced a third documentary entitled "The Profilers."
Agent McCrary's expertise in crime analysis was featured in an MSNBC documentary"The Jon-Benet Murder Mystery" which aired nationally on January 23, 2000.
Agent McCrary's expertise in stalking behaviors was featured in a Documentary produced for Japanese Television the FUJI Television Productions in May of 2000.
48 Hours Investigates: Expert analysis on a false allegation of rape and assault. September, 2003
Agent McCrary has worked with numerous victims groups throughout the United States and has served as a member of the national advisory board for Parents of Murdered Children.
Agent McCrary has provided expert commentary for such media organizations as NBC, ABC, CBS, Cable News Network (CNN), The Today Show, Good Morning America, Nightline, 60 Minutes, Dateline, 48 Hours, Larry King Live, The Discovery Channel, BBC, RTL Television in Germany, Japanese National Television and other national and international programs. He has also provided expert opinions to print media including Time, Newsweek, U.S.
News and World Report, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The San Francisco
Chronicle, The Toronto Star, and "Psychologie" Magazine in the Netherlands among others.
FBI ASSIGNMENTS

FBI Academy, Quantico, Va. 1988-1994 Behavioral Science Unit
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime Critical Incident Response Group
Types of Crimes:
Threatening Communications and Extortions
Product Tampering
Sexual Homicide
Serial Murder
Mass Murder
Serial Rape
Stalking
Homicide
Arson
Sex Crimes
White Collar Crime
Foreign Counterintelligence
Kidnapping and Abduction
Bank Robbery
Organized Crime
Drug Trafficking
Services:

Criminal Investigative Analysis (Including Profiling)
Threat Assessments
Violence Risk Assessments
Interview and Interrogation Techniques
Expert Testimony
Training and Research
Investigative Strategy
Personality Assessments
Buffalo Field Division, 1977-1988

White Collar Crime
Threats and Extortions
Kidnapping and Abduction
Bank Robbery
Homicide
Hijacking
Undercover Assignments
Organized Crime
Drug Trafficking
Expert Firearms and Defensive Tactics Instructor
Special Weapons and Tactics Team Leader

New York City Field Division, 1971-1977

Organized Crime
Bank Robbery
Homicide
Hijacking
Threats and Extortions
Kidnapping and Abduction
Undercover Assignments
Loan Sharking and Gambling

Detroit Field Division, 1970-71

Bank Robbery
Kidnapping and Abduction
Homicide
Threats and Extortion
Organized Crime
Hijacking
Loan Sharking and Gambling

IDI:

US District Court Judge.
US Government Document Examiner

RDI:

Former FBI Special Agent
Former BPD Detective

Have I got this right? Has there ever been any acting government official that has done anything that favors RDI?

1.I wouldn't put M.Lacy on my list of honour .
2.You're already twisting it :D

"What does RDI have that is on a similar level and not just some dude that quit his job to write a book before the facts were in?"

turned into

"Have I got this right? Has there ever been any acting government official that has done anything that favors RDI? "

I'm not sure McM referred to any 'limitation' due to the size of the RN being less than 1000 words. On the contrary, I believe he said there was ample information to be able to exclude anyone other than the real RN author. According to McM's conclusion:

near zero.

What this means is if IDI then PR couldn't duplicate the RN if she tried, using her normal style.

Therefore, in order for PR to have written the RN (in order for RDI to exist), she would have to use an altered style. There is simply no evidence that this is the case. Not only that, but the 'altered style' argument could be applied to any suspect writer. This is where the wildcard "Oh, well he altered his style" claim can be applied to anybody to magically account for all the differences in handwriting, spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc., between the RN author and the suspect's styles.

Is there a separate, cohesive style for the RN author? Yes. Therefore, for RDI to exist, PR didn't just alter her style, she created a new, complex, and cohesive style! According to RDI, she didn't just misspell a word here and there on purpose, she created a whole new character with a wholly different but consistent style!

So you saying you know for sure PR was not a creative person...That she could not written anything in a different style...And this one expert style is to be listen to well done said how I felt on experts for each is their own...

What does RDI have that is on a similar level?

Well:

RDI has a CO federal judge, a prosecutor with a winning record, and THREE US Gov't document examiners. That what you're looking for?

near zero.

The Forensics can have a strong influence on the open-minded. You will find it a powerful ally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back