2009.23.09 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does TN know what oxycotin taste like? She said Haleigh wouldn't like it because of the taste? WTH!

I'm begining to suspect that there isn't anyone who has had any contact with this poor child that does not know what high doses of Oxycontin tastes like! with the possible exception of her school teacher.

I get what Theresa is saying and she very well could be right BUT the thing is if someone gave it to Haleigh they could have chopped it up and put in a drink.

What about if someone gave it to her to make her sleep?

Could be they coulda mashed some up and put it in something she was drinking like milk or fruit punch or something (the thought of that sickens me to no end :furious: ).

EDIT: WillenFan has the same theory and I agree. Crushing pills is an easy way to get past the taste. If she didn't like it they could have easily crushed it and put it in a drink. That's if this whole thing actually happened.

Since I don't use them, or know anyone who does, how many would it take to kill Haleigh?

Oxycontin, because of it sstrange time release design, is an incredibly dangerous drug. It is a concentrated almost overdose amount of painkiller that is designed to slowly release its payload at a manageable rate for an adult. It would not take alot to so depress a child to cause respiratory shutdown over a period of time.

A doctor on Nancy Grace (sorry, didn't catch his name) saying it's possible that Haleigh could have overdosed from one Oxycontin pill, maybe two.

Nancy asking Dr. Perper how one pill of Oxy would affect a 30-35 lb. child. He is saying it's possible she could've died. (Sorry, my cable is acting up on HLN and I didn't catch all of it).

Oxycontin, because of it sstrange time release design, is an incredibly dangerous drug. It is a concentrated almost overdose amount of painkiller that is designed to slowly release its payload at a manageable rate for an adult. It would not take alot to so depress a child to cause respiratory shutdown over a period of time.
Thanks ~ and I was also wondering if Haleigh was taking other medications, could one Oxy cause a fatal interaction?

Nancy asking Dr. Perper how one pill of Oxy would affect a 30-35 lb. child. He is saying it's possible she could've died. (Sorry, my cable is acting up on HLN and I didn't catch all of it).

Yeah. It's just a matter of working the mental math. Oxycontin is actually several adult doses of Oxycodone bundled together in one pill designed to be released over an extended period of hours in an adults system. With the assumption of a 100 lb + adult at a minimum.

A 30 lb child will still digest the pill and release the medication at the same rate as an adult. But because of their smaller body mass they will not disperse the dose quick enough and the levels will quickly get dangerous.

More old video clips of RC/MC. "I know I didn't do anything to that little girl...I loved her like she was my own and I'll do anything to get her back" ~ MC.

Playing part of the 911 call.

Caller asking about the back door and the lock. The door the TC was knocking on was the front door, the door that was propped open was the side/back door. Lock wasn't broken.

Caller asking if what's in the letter is true, would the others be charged with something relating to Haleigh's death? RR saying if drugs were left out for a 5 y/o to have access to and the child died, she can see them being charged with negligent homicide.

Caller asking what MC was wearing when RC got home from work. TN saying MC was wearing a pajama top and boxer shorts. TN is crying. She still has faith in God that Haleigh is alive. She says she stands on God's promise if you pray and believe, He will give you what you pray for. TN saying RC isn't as strong at all as he is on tv, but he has to try to be strong for Jr. He just tries to keep Jr. happy until Haleigh comes home. Jr. drew a map for Haleigh to find her way home. :cry:

A caller asks what Misty was wearing when Ronald got home, Nancy asks TN what she was wearing and TN says "a pajama top....and boxer shorts."

heartbreaking....TN saying Jr drew Haleigh a map to find her way home:(

Nancy asks "how is Junior?" TN saying (while crying) that Junior thinks that Haleigh is lost and trying to find her way home, and that he drew her a map to get back home :)angel:)

TN says she's had to take Oxy and it has a nasty taste, so she can't imagine Haleigh taking it.

OMG... You're right.

http://www.purduepharma.com/PI/Prescription/Oxycontin.pdf

OxyContin 60 mg, 80 mg, and 160 mg Tablets, or a single dose greater than 40 mg, ARE FOR USE IN OPIOID-TOLERANT PATIENTS ONLY. A single dose greater than 40 mg, or total daily doses greater than 80 mg, may cause fatal respiratory depression when administered to patients who are not tolerant to the respiratory depressant effects of opioids.
OxyContin TABLETS ARE TO BE SWALLOWED WHOLE AND ARE NOT TO BE BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED. TAKING BROKEN, CHEWED, OR CRUSHED OxyContin TABLETS LEADS TO RAPID RELEASE AND ABSORPTION OF A POTENTIALLY FATAL DOSE OF OXYCODONE.

I think this is a very plausible theory. They might not have known it was more dangerous if crushed.

heartbreaking....TN saying Jr drew Haleigh a map to find her way home:(

Yeah that hit home and was heartbreaking but it was also very sweet in a calming way. A child's innocence goes very far. :angel:

Caller asking if LE dusted for fingerprints on door, answer was that they found no fingerprints but they found a fist imprint from when Ron punched the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15