The Neighbors Yard

I found this partial history of the property interesting:

Mike and Glenda lived next door to Garrido on Walnut Ave. in Antioch, Ca. from 1996 through 1998. The Garridos and the Sheltons shared a driveway but little else. Both of the Sheltons have met and talked to Garrido but they both describe him as being “weird”. Mike stated that you could tell there was something funny about him because he was always real defensive. He didn’t want anybody to go near the yard and nobody was allowed behind the gate. Mike recalls one time the lock on the gate was broken and Garrido appeared to be almost in a panic until it was fixed.

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip’s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack. The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure. Phillip’s mother also lived on the property with her son and the Sheltons feel that the mother must have known something about Jaycee and the children. It is unclear whether or not the mother is still alive.
http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...ID=967002&CategoryID=8373&show=localnews&om=1

So when did PG live on the property and when did PG care for the neighbor who lived on the property? Is "Jack" the neighbor that PG was caring for?

I found this partial history of the property interesting:

So when did PG live on the property and when did PG care for the neighbor who lived on the property? Is "Jack" the neighbor that PG was caring for?

maybe jack is one of the voices in his head lol

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip’s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack. The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure. Phillip’s mother also lived on the property with her son and the Sheltons feel that the mother must have known something about Jaycee and the children. It is unclear whether or not the mother is still alive.

MBB - and what I've bolded is one of the more interesting parts of this story. Wondering about the possibility of other properties . . .

Is it just the casual style of writing and researching here ie, "a guy named Jack" (this ain't the NY Times, fer sure), but what the heck is THIS: "It is unclear whether or not the mother is still alive." I thought Priscilla G was alive, alzheimer-ish, and living in a nursing home now, possibly.

MBB - and what I've bolded is one of the more interesting parts of this story. Wondering about the possibility of other properties . . .

Is it just the casual style of writing and researching here ie, "a guy named Jack" (this ain't the NY Times, fer sure), but what the heck is THIS: "It is unclear whether or not the mother is still alive." I thought Priscilla G was alive, alzheimer-ish, and living in a nursing home now, possibly.

I am a professional writer and I noticed that the writing style was similar to a high school newspaper article. Plus typos! Don't they have an editor? A simple Google search would tell the writer that the mother is alive.

JULIE

P.S. I think you meant to say BBM (Bold By Me)?

you right. they have to look at the step dad in this case. but they cant look at him to the exclusion of all other possibillities......a match to the car he described and local sex offenders, or the sketch that matches his wife, and this could have been over befort it started

BBM. Except that it came out today that Garrido didn't register until 1999. It's been CA law since 1947! What should have happened is that Parole Officer Santos should have done more than just interview him in the nicely mowed front yard and inspected the property, checked property boundaries and talked to his neighbors and business associates. If he had done even one of those things- Jaycee would have been found in 1991!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
I think Jaycee and her family including Carl ought to sue the pants off C.C. Sheriff's dept. and the CA Parole agency in charge!:furious:

She is. Patricia Garrido was moved out to Contra Costa Reg. Med Center at the time of the arrest. Where she's been moved to is unknown.

Is it just the casual style of writing and researching here ie, "a guy named Jack" (this ain't the NY Times, fer sure), ...
I'm suppressing a giggle over here. When I posted that article from the Camden Chronicle last night, I really, really wanted to describe it as "hometown news, the old fashioned way."

It reminded me of my grandmother and her small town newspaper back in the good ol' days when she would eavesdrop on the party line for gossip to include in her column. :crazy:

ETA: I just looked up the population for Camden, TN. According to "Sperling's Best Places", there are 3,679 residents in their community.

After reading the article, I'm wondering if the neighborhood is largely "transient", in that there's a lot of rentals, lots of people not living there long, kind of marginal. That would add to the general air of utter disinterest in one's neighbors . . .

This article (from the Camden Chron) might bring up a few questions. For one, is it new or old info that they state PG's mom was a real estate agent? (I've also heard her described as a teacher and a janitor (??) )

I have heard previously that when the Garrido mom was active and healthy, she was a real estate agent. I have never heard that she was teacher or a janitor.

Thanks, nora. I heard the "janitor" description applied to her by one of the neighbors in a tv interview, and the "teacher" in another. More speculation? Or more details into side jobs? We can't know without evidence.

BBM. Except that it came out today that Garrido didn't register until 1999. It's been CA law since 1947! What should have happened is that Parole Officer Santos should have done more than just interview him in the nicely mowed front yard and inspected the property, checked property boundaries and talked to his neighbors and business associates. If he had done even one of those things- Jaycee would have been found in 1991!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
I think Jaycee and her family including Carl ought to sue the pants off C.C. Sheriff's dept. and the CA Parole agency in charge!:furious:

if he wasnt registered in 1991 then how did he have a gps on him?
sounds like there covering they're behinds again
:banghead:

if he wasnt registered in 1991 then how did he have a gps on him?
sounds like there covering they're behinds again
:banghead:

It has been reported Garrido was only just strapped with the GPS "a couple years ago."

Before you off on Santos, do you know if he was even the parole officer back then? Why do you think he chatted on the front lawn? How do you know he didn't inspect the property?

The inspections would have focussed on the house looking for items that might indicate a parole violation or other flag, such as drug stuff and BDSM *advertiser censored*. There isnt any real reason to spent that hour every 2-3 weeks available for Garrido inspecting the property line. You don't usually find parole violations on the property line, you find them in the house. I imagine that Garrido is just about the ONLY instance in which a property line inspection was crucial.

Before you off on Santos, do you know if he was even the parole officer back then? Why do you think he chatted on the front lawn? How do you know he didn't inspect the property?

The inspections would have focussed on the house looking for items that might indicate a parole violation or other flag, such as drug stuff and BDSM *advertiser censored*. There isnt any real reason to spent that hour every 2-3 weeks available for Garrido inspecting the property line. You don't usually find parole violations on the property line, you find them in the house. I imagine that Garrido is just about the ONLY instance in which a property line inspection was crucial.
It was reported in the article. I'll get it for you:
Or not. Even in 2006, when a neighbor reported "several tents pitched in the yard with people living in them," "young children in the tents" and that Garrido said "he was psychotic and had a sexual addiction," the deputy who responded to the 911 call never checked the sex offender registry.
He visited the home, met with Garrido at the front of the house, and left without entering.
http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_13396226?nclick_check=1

Found it:
California corrections officials have refused to provide The Bee with records of how often state parole agent Edward Santos visited Garrido's Antioch home between 1999 and last month, when Garrido walked into Santos' Concord office with Dugard and the two daughters authorities say she bore to him during her captivity.
Those parole records, requested by The Bee through a state Public Records Act request on Aug. 28, would include Santos' field notes from visits to the Garrido home and Garrido's visits to the Concord parole office.http://www.sacbee.com/291/story/2202158-p2.html

So from this article we know, it was officer Santos from at least 1999 on, maybe prior...

It was reported in the article. I'll get it for you:
Or not. Even in 2006, when a neighbor reported "several tents pitched in the yard with people living in them," "young children in the tents" and that Garrido said "he was psychotic and had a sexual addiction," the deputy who responded to the 911 call never checked the sex offender registry.
He visited the home, met with Garrido at the front of the house, and left without entering.

That wasn't the parole officer, that was a cop from the local police force. The parole officer didnt know about this visit by the PD, that info wasn't passed on to him, likely for the same reasons the PD didn't investigate properly.

Found it:
California corrections officials have refused to provide The Bee with records of how often state parole agent Edward Santos visited Garrido's Antioch home between 1999 and last month, when Garrido walked into Santos' Concord office with Dugard and the two daughters authorities say she bore to him during her captivity.
Those parole records, requested by The Bee through a state Public Records Act request on Aug. 28, would include Santos' field notes from visits to the Garrido home and Garrido's visits to the Concord parole office.http://www.sacbee.com/291/story/2202158-p2.html

So from this article we know, it was officer Santos from at least 1999 on, maybe prior...

If you look at the stickied timeline notes at the top of the board, you will find this:

Garrido was "discharged" from federal parole supervision in March 1999.

Garrido's parole transferred to California June 8, 1999. ???

I'm guessing that different people were looking after him prior to 1999, hence the request for info after that date. The parole office didnt say that Santos was the officer responsible over that period, they just declined to provide any information about how many times Santos visited the home over that period. A subtle difference, but a difference none the less. Santos may have been the supervising officer over that entire period, or he may have been for just part of that period, we don't know.

I'm bumping this old thread in light of the GPS bracelet discussion. The pings shown in the report place PG at the neighbor's house on April 15, 2008. The pings show him in the yard, the house, and the backyard shed. There is a caveat that the pings can be off by as much as 36 feet, but even that still places him on the neighbor's property.

We know that LE searched the property because PG had lived there and acted as caretaker between residences. He also had access when he was Jack's "friend". We saw LE taking away Damon Robinson's computer, even though they said Damon Robinson was not a person of interest in the case. Damon has stated unequivocally that he wanted PG nowhere near his home because he knew he was a sex offender. Damon's then girlfriend Erika Pratt is the only neighbor who called police about women and children living in PG's backyard.

Why was PG there? Could it be that PG kept a set of keys and went to Damon's house when he and his family were not home? Maybe LE finally reviewed the collected GPS data on PG, saw the pings at Damon's house, and suspected that PG used his computer without his permission?

I'm bumping this old thread in light of the GPS bracelet discussion. The pings shown in the report place PG at the neighbor's house on April 15, 2008. The pings show him in the yard, the house, and the backyard shed. There is a caveat that the pings can be off by as much as 36 feet, but even that still places him on the neighbor's property.

We know that LE searched the property because PG had lived there and acted as caretaker between residences. He also had access when he was Jack's "friend". We saw LE taking away Damon Robinson's computer, even though they said Damon Robinson was not a person of interest in the case. Damon has stated unequivocally that he wanted PG nowhere near his home because he knew he was a sex offender. Damon's then girlfriend Erika Pratt is the only neighbor who called police about women and children living in PG's backyard.

Why was PG there? Could it be that PG kept a set of keys and went to Damon's house when he and his family were not home? Maybe LE finally reviewed the collected GPS data on PG, saw the pings at Damon's house, and suspected that PG used his computer without his permission?

:waitasec: In looking at that picture, the pings are on both adjoining neighbors properties. Which one is supposed to be Damon's (north/upper?) and is that the property in which he was supposed to at one time been living in a shed? And if the GPS pings are even close to accurate, let's say within 10-15 feet (which our own handheld GPS seems to be), why was he on BOTH neighbor's properties? Dang, it almost looks like maybe he attached the thing to his dog or cat!? Oh, wait, no I don't think the cat would go into the pool!

:waitasec: In looking at that picture, the pings are on both adjoining neighbors properties. Which one is supposed to be Damon's (north/upper?) and is that the property in which he was supposed to at one time been living in a shed? And if the GPS pings are even close to accurate, let's say within 10-15 feet (which our own handheld GPS seems to be), why was he on BOTH neighbor's properties? Dang, it almost looks like maybe he attached the thing to his dog or cat!? Oh, wait, no I don't think the cat would go into the pool!

You know, it does look like that! Otherwise his ADD was way out of control!

I believe Damon's is the upper one, and yes, where he was once living in the shed. It is weird that he's at the other neighbor's house, too. I'm counting at least 4 there, with others close to their property line. I could see that just being chit-chatting, though. At Damon's he appears to be IN the house, driveway, backyard, and shed!

I believe Damon's is the upper one, and yes, where he was once living in the shed. It is weird that he's at the other neighbor's house, too. I'm counting at least 4 there, with others close to their property line. I could see that just being chit-chatting, though. At Damon's he appears to be IN the house, driveway, backyard, and shed!

Okay, I'm not too good a measurements and estimating them, but if we look at the cars and we know how wide a standard car is (hell, I'd have to go get a tape to be sure!) but aren't they about 5 feet across? Anyway you could use that as a measure to see how many feet into the neighbors properties those pings were.

Okay, I'm not too good a measurements and estimating them, but if we look at the cars and we know how wide a standard car is (hell, I'd have to go get a tape to be sure!) but aren't they about 5 feet across? Anyway you could use that as a measure to see how many feet into the neighbors properties those pings were.

Do you have the lot size for his property? We know that it's half an acre and I would guess it to be around 75' across if that gives you some guideline to go by.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back