19.2 lb baby born

haha the baby beside him is looking at him like "what is that monstrous-looking thing beside me?"

Ouch is right! This makes me wonder, how big will this kid be at 1,5,12? Will his growth eventually be on the charts?

Even with C-sections, I can't imagine what the past months have been like for mom. Gosh, at six months pregnant, they're kicking your bladder and your stomach, can you imagine the pregnancy that this mom had?!?

The baby is adorable!

WOW!!! My first baby was 10 lbs even... and I thought that was huge. THAT baby there is... wow! Wishing him and his family the best...

Ouch is right! This makes me wonder, how big will this kid be at 1,5,12? Will his growth eventually be on the charts?

For what it is worth: my 10lb newborn was well above average all through his early growing years, but he is now considered a petite adult! On the flip side: my ex hubby was a premie and tiny most of his infant years, but grew into a 6ft10 linebacker sized man. So birth size can be deceiving, at times...

My mum's first baby was 10lbs and she was just too small to deliver him vaginally - but the doctors waited for too long deciding on whether to do a c-section, and by the time they had finally gotten a hold of a doctor who knew how to do one, the baby had passed away. A grueling labour, and a horrible outcome... I am so grateful she decided to brave that all again for me and my siblings!

My mum's first baby was 10lbs and she was just too small to deliver him vaginally - but the doctors waited for too long deciding on whether to do a c-section, and by the time they had finally gotten a hold of a doctor who knew how to do one, the baby had passed away. A grueling labour, and a horrible outcome... I am so grateful she decided to brave that all again for me and my siblings!

I am grateful also that she braved it all again for you and your siblings!

My mom struggled with me, the last one, at 8 lbs. I am so thankful for the doctor that told her it was all okay to be pregnant so many times (and I'm also sort of thankful that he said "enough's enough" after I was born.)

We need a new forum.

Instead of "News That Makes You Smile" we should have a forum called;

"News That Makes You Go;
AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGFFFLUBLUBGLUG that would hurt."

We need a new forum.

Instead of "News That Makes You Smile" we should have a forum called;

"News That Makes You Go;
AAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGFFFLUBLUBGLUG that would hurt."

Your idea of a title is much nicer than what I would title the forum. Mine would be called "There is no fricken way you'll believe THIS!" :blushing:

I'm still trying to figure out how you carry a baby this size around? Is it easier to use one of those "thingees" that cradle the baby and hook around your neck and shoulder like a hammock? (I'm sure there's a brand name, I just don't know what it is?) There is no way I could carry a baby this size in a child carrier/infant seat.

Your idea of a title is much nicer than what I would title the forum. Mine would be called "There is no fricken way you'll believe THIS!" :blushing:

I'm still trying to figure out how you carry a baby this size around? Is it easier to use one of those "thingees" that cradle the baby and hook around your neck and shoulder like a hammock? (I'm sure there's a brand name, I just don't know what it is?) There is no way I could carry a baby this size in a child carrier/infant seat.

That's what I was thinking! Imagine coming home from the hospital and having to lug this guy around. Babies are meant to be small, because we're tired, sore and sluggish after birth. I'd be thinking, "you better learn to walk, PDQ, kid," with every step.

Do larger babies (like this fella) hit their milestones (rolling over, walking) any faster than their smaller peers?

Do larger babies (like this fella) hit their milestones (rolling over, walking) any faster than their smaller peers?

My doctor said my son may have learned to walk early because he was bigger starting out and could push himself to a stand from birth, but that it didn't always work that way, so I don't know.

From someone who had small, but healthy babies (6.3lbs & 6.13lbs) all I can say is.....

YYYYYYYYYY'OOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH!!!!!! He's three of my babies put together!

Hope mom has lots of help with him. Could you imagine his nursing? Woo weee... Amazing she was able to carry such a hefty fella. Many blessings for the entire family. Welcome to the world, little guy (?) :waitasec: No, that isn't right. :blushing:

Welcome to the world, big guy!

That's what I was thinking! Imagine coming home from the hospital and having to lug this guy around. Babies are meant to be small, because we're tired, sore and sluggish after birth. I'd be thinking, "you better learn to walk, PDQ, kid," with every step.

Wonder if they recommend she not carry anything heavier than her baby for the next two weeks? I had a tiny babies. This woman, if given the same advice could carry around 10-15lb a sack of potatoes.

I wonder if she had gestational diabetes -- that usually makes for a big baby

if Mum was large, or obese to start with, then gained a lot of weight during preg.

A baby born too large can have the following risks:

Low blood sugar after birth (if size is due to mother's diabetes)
Birth defects
Breathing problems
Jaundice

So while he's cute n' all, it's not always a good thing. He'll most likely develop diabetes at this size, and perhaps other metabolic issues.

The largest baby was a 23 lb. baby born in 1879.

Sadly the 23 lb baby died 11 hours after birth. :(

Mel

mgardner, thanks for the info, I pray this fella doesn't develop health problems as a result of his birth weight (I also pray momma recovers well).

He is a rather cute bruiser but I do hope he doesn't develop any health problems due to the size he is. I can't imagine ever passing a baby that BIG...

Can we all yell, "OMG!!"

I think the bambino is almost as big as me already. :blushing:

Blessings to the family and the little guy, well big guy..

Gozgals

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back