Elderly Man Broke After Friendship With Garrido

So based on the receipts, PG was apparently still into *advertiser censored*. We've wondered if he changed and I think this answers our question!

Maybe he made Jaycee forge the checks and used that against her. Many of us have thought PG may have had something "on" Jaycee that would keep her from going to the police. After-the-fact, he may have told her that she could go to jail.

Elderly Man Broke After Friendship With Garrido

http://cbs5.com/local/phillip.garrido.neighbor.2.1216808.html

WOW!

Well now, I was wondering where he got his money to support his drug habit, obviously, this is one source. (Wonder how much of his mother's S/S he was taking?????) Okay, I already was asking where CPS was in all of this, are we now looking at elderly abuse as well? Did Nancy's role play a big part in this? This case just gets curiouser and curiouser all the time. Someone on an earlier post (or somewhere I was reading??) said something to the effect that "a fiction writer couldn't even make this stuff up to be believable" I couldn't agree more! :waitasec:

Well now, I was wondering where he got his money to support his drug habit, obviously, this is one source. (Wonder how much of his mother's S/S he was taking?????) Okay, I already was asking where CPS was in all of this, are we now looking at elderly abuse as well? Did Nancy's role play a big part in this? This case just gets curiouser and curiouser all the time. Someone on an earlier post (or somewhere I was reading??) said something to the effect that "a fiction writer couldn't even make this stuff up to be believable" I couldn't agree more! :waitasec:

again somehow him bilking an old man went as unnoticed by LE as his drug abuse and kidnapping and raping an 11 year old. great:furious:

Thanks so much for posting this story, my2sisters. The elderly are so vulnerable to predators like this.

Yes, we've wondered how Garrido cared for his family just from his printing business and his mother's soc. security checks . . . .

I wonder just why Antioch Police interviewed this Mr. Medeiros. And whether this visit then entailed a visit to Garrido? or why not?

Dudes! Is this that "guy named Jack" we talked about in another thread? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4196831&postcount=37 (Thanks to LinasK for having posted the story.)

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip’s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack. The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure. Phillip’s mother also lived on the property with her son and the Sheltons feel that the mother must have known something about Jaycee and the children.

If so, perhaps "MOM", ie Patricia, is in this up to her earlobes. This is FRAUD, plain and simple. (Idea - - was it Patricia's shaky signature on the checks?)

I am concerned and confused = I would assume that Jack owned the home, that seems a reasonable assumption, given that he rented it out. I would assume he wasn't subleasing, LOL. Thus, what happened to Jack's home? Did Jack sell his home? What happened to the money from that sale?

And that line, "The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure." is chilling. Did Jack ever live there? Did the Garridos tell him they would take care of him?

(If there are any other individuals who have been defrauded by Garrido, I hope that they are able to come forward and are not stalled by shame and embarrassment.)

Okay, so it seems that Jack Medeiros owned the property next door that was searched along with the Garrido property. This is the place where Garrido was caretaker and lived in the shed.

Magdalena Miller, who owns the property next door, said she was "shocked" at the developments at the home she bought from her ex-husband, Delbert "Jack" Medeiros.

Medeiros was forced by a medical condition to move to a nursing home in 2005, and Garrido moved in to act as a caretaker, she said.

"I talked to him on the phone a couple of times," Miller said of Garrido, adding she had no idea he was a registered sex offender. "He said his kids were helping him clean the house."

Jimmy Lee, a spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department, said of the property: "We do consider it a crime scene.".

From a New York Post story published August 31; read the rest here:
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...topicId=100020825&docId=l:1031289445&start=18

Dudes! Is this that "guy named Jack" we talked about in another thread? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4196831&postcount=37 (Thanks to LinasK for having posted the story.)

If so, perhaps "MOM", ie Patricia, is in this up to her earlobes. This is FRAUD, plain and simple. (Idea - - was it Patricia's shaky signature on the checks?)

I am concerned and confused = I would assume that Jack owned the home, that seems a reasonable assumption, given that he rented it out. I would assume he wasn't subleasing, LOL. Thus, what happened to Jack's home? Did Jack sell his home? What happened to the money from that sale?

And that line, "The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure." is chilling. Did Jack ever live there? Did the Garridos tell him they would take care of him?

(If there are any other individuals who have been defrauded by Garrido, I hope that they are able to come forward and are not stalled by shame and embarrassment.)

This was probably more income for the Garridos as I would be surprised if they turned any rent received from the Sheltons over to Jack.
I'm beginning to wonder if Patricia is really suffering from dementia. It could be an act in order to gain the sympathy of LE, to cover her butt. She certainly could have learned how a dementia patient behaves from Mr. Medeiros. LE hasn't been so efficient up and to this point so it probably wouldn't be very hard for her to fool them. If she is a snake like her son, it wouldn't be impossible for her to pull off the "I'm an elderly lady, suffering from dementia. I'm a victim of his brainwashing, too" act.
Or she actually is a victim of Phillip's contolling behavior. He apparently doesn't hold women in the highest regard and I can't help but think that the origin of his hatred revolves around her. Maybe his father was abusive to his mother?
She's an accomplice, for sure, either by a) knowingly enabling her son to commit ALL of these atrocities by participating in the covering of them up for him, or by b) enabling him to commit these atrocities with the Phillip "can do no wrong" attitude that she has apparently carried throughout his life, according to his brother. Phillip obviously has an insatiable appetite for control and I don't know how much his mother would have been spared of or excluded from his tyranny. It's doubtful that she would escape it, especially if she is suffering from some type of guilt from his childhood.

I wonder what it is???

This was probably more income for the Garridos as I would be surprised if they turned any rent received from the Sheltons over to Jack.
I'm beginning to wonder if Patricia is really suffering from dementia. It could be an act in order to gain the sympathy of LE, to cover her butt. She certainly could have learned how a dementia patient behaves from Mr. Medeiros. LE hasn't been so efficient up and to this point so it probably wouldn't be very hard for her to fool them. If she is a snake like her son, it wouldn't be impossible for her to pull off the "I'm an elderly lady, suffering from dementia. I'm a victim of his brainwashing, too" act.
Or she actually is a victim of Phillip's contolling behavior. He apparently doesn't hold women in the highest regard and I can't help but think that the origin of his hatred revolves around her. Maybe his father was abusive to his mother?
She's an accomplice, for sure, either by a) knowingly enabling her son to commit ALL of these atrocities by participating in the covering of them up for him, or by b) enabling him to commit these atrocities with the Phillip "can do no wrong" attitude that she has apparently carried throughout his life, according to his brother. Phillip obviously has an insatiable appetite for control and I don't know how much his mother would have been spared of or excluded from his tyranny. It's doubtful that she would escape it, especially if she is suffering from some type of guilt from his childhood.

I wonder what it is???

this is one tangled web isnt it

@Tizzle: I know it's common for some to believe misogynistic bigots originate their hatred with their mother, but they actually develop these attitudes from men. Boys look to men, not to women, to shape their behavior and mindset (e.g. "How to be a man"). Since Mr. Garrido had his own father to raise him, I'll bet money that Phillip Garrido modeled his own hateful behavior towards women (and girls) from his father. Especially since Phillip Garrido is a batterer. Remember, how violent he was with his first wife and how he wouldn't allow her to leave. I've never heard of a batterer who didn't learn this behavior at home, either from watching their own father or a mother's boyfriend or husband.

Manuel Garrido, the father, has already shown himself to incredibly cold on this Dugard case. Within a few days after the rescue he told reporters he wouldn't be talking to them unless they gave him "moulah" (cash). This is a man who has no qualms about exploiting a tragedy caused by his own son. This is also a man who blames drugs and a random bike accident to explain his son's disturbing violent hatred towards women and girls, instead of holding his son fully accountable for his actions. And then there's his claims of his son's "sex" addiction, when it's clear that his son prefers rape and that it's not impulsive as with an actual addiction, but deliberate. During the '76 attack the victim even told Garrido why don't they just get it over with and have him rape her in the bushes nearby. Garrido rejected that, insisting on driving for hours to Reno, telling her, "You have no choice." As with all rapists, it's never about raw sexual desire, but about controlling and humiliating their victim. If you're a misogynistic bigot, that intolerance and hatred is going to seep into every aspect of your life, especially your sexuality (Think: Garrido being a batterer and exploiting religion to endow himself as a God). The same is true with racists. Slave owners routinely raped black women and girls as an expression of that racist (and misogynistic) hatred. Sexuality just became one way to express that hate. It's just a weapon to them, not the actual cause of their violence.

As for the mother: I agree with your doubts about whether she's truly suffering from dementia. We'll just have to wait and see.

@Stephens: ....Which is why I raised the question "Maybe his father was abusive to his mother?" But, thanks for expanding on my thoughts. Exactly where I was going.

I read an article about Patricia where she expresses her regrets about never having daughters & how daughters are better than sons, more than once. Though, I don't know the accuracy of the article, it's still interesting. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ught-jaycee-was-his-daughter-115875-21650599/

Thanks so much for posting this story, my2sisters. The elderly are so vulnerable to predators like this.

Yes, we've wondered how Garrido cared for his family just from his printing business and his mother's soc. security checks . . . .

I wonder just why Antioch Police interviewed this Mr. Medeiros. And whether this visit then entailed a visit to Garrido? or why not?

City of Antioch leaders have been so determined to let the world know that this all happened outside the city limits so how is it they got involved with this... or should I say didn't get involved? It doesn't make sense to me. I would sure like to see the police report.

@Stephens: ....Which is why I raised the question "Maybe his father was abusive to his mother?" But, thanks for expanding on my thoughts. Exactly where I was going.

I read an article about Patricia where she expresses her regrets about never having daughters & how daughters are better than sons, more than once. Though, I don't know the accuracy of the article, it's still interesting. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ught-jaycee-was-his-daughter-115875-21650599/

Thanks for the article, Tizzle, I hadn't read it. It's all so disturbing! How in the world could she have lived there all those years and not known something was amiss? It just doesn't make sense. If Jaycee was coming in her room to help Nancy care for her some days then how did she not notice when Jaycee was pregnant. I don't believe anything from that family. I bet they all have plenty of skeletons in their closets.

@Tizzle: I know it's common for some to believe misogynistic bigots originate their hatred with their mother, but they actually develop these attitudes from men. Boys look to men, not to women, to shape their behavior and mindset (e.g. "How to be a man"). Since Mr. Garrido had his own father to raise him, I'll bet money that Phillip Garrido modeled his own hateful behavior towards women (and girls) from his father. Especially since Phillip Garrido is a batterer. Remember, how violent he was with his first wife and how he wouldn't allow her to leave. I've never heard of a batterer who didn't learn this behavior at home, either from watching their own father or a mother's boyfriend or husband.

Manuel Garrido, the father, has already shown himself to incredibly cold on this Dugard case. Within a few days after the rescue he told reporters he wouldn't be talking to them unless they gave him "moulah" (cash). This is a man who has no qualms about exploiting a tragedy caused by his own son. This is also a man who blames drugs and a random bike accident to explain his son's disturbing violent hatred towards women and girls, instead of holding his son fully accountable for his actions. And then there's his claims of his son's "sex" addiction, when it's clear that his son prefers rape and that it's not impulsive as with an actual addiction, but deliberate. During the '76 attack the victim even told Garrido why don't they just get it over with and have him rape her in the bushes nearby. Garrido rejected that, insisting on driving for hours to Reno, telling her, "You have no choice." As with all rapists, it's never about raw sexual desire, but about controlling and humiliating their victim. If you're a misogynistic bigot, that intolerance and hatred is going to seep into every aspect of your life, especially your sexuality (Think: Garrido being a batterer and exploiting religion to endow himself as a God). The same is true with racists. Slave owners routinely raped black women and girls as an expression of that racist (and misogynistic) hatred. Sexuality just became one way to express that hate. It's just a weapon to them, not the actual cause of their violence.

As for the mother: I agree with your doubts about whether she's truly suffering from dementia. We'll just have to wait and see.

im glad you pointed out how outrageous pg's father's comments/actions are. im sorry but you dont become a violent rapist and child rapist cause you hit your head in a motorcyce accident. didnt even know about the money demand to the media. figures.

Thanks for the article, Tizzle, I hadn't read it. It's all so disturbing! How in the world could she have lived there all those years and not known something was amiss? It just doesn't make sense. If Jaycee was coming in her room to help Nancy care for her some days then how did she not notice when Jaycee was pregnant. I don't believe anything from that family. I bet they all have plenty of skeletons in their closets.

surely she should have done the math and known that it would be impossible for garrido to be her father (he was in prison in 1979 when she was concieved). unbeievable the gall of these people

Thanks, but actually I wasn't the original poster... The victim in the article's first name is Jack, so I'll bet it is the same guy!

Here's the info from the Contra Costa County Mapping Information Center
About 1540 Walnut Avenue, once the home of Delbert "Jack" Medeiros and now belonging to his ex-wife.

Parcel Details
APN 051072006
Site Address Number 1540
Site Street Name WALNUT
Site Street Suffix AVENUE
Site City ANTIOCH
Site Zip Code 94509
Site Zip Code Extension 7223
Site Description VIERA SUB N 64.47 FT OF LOT 22
Existing Land Use Single Family
Existing Land Use Category Single Family
Assessed Land Value 23,552
Assessed Improvement Value 72,274
Personal Property 0
Property Statement Improvements 0
Lot Size 17,280
Underground Utility N
Deed Reference 5348 646
Transfer Date 9/13/2005
Public Sale Price 0
Total Assessed Value 95,826
Tax Rate Area Information
Tax Rate Area 53026
TRA Region Unincorported Antioch
TRA Description COUNTYWIDE TAX,CC WTR LEVY LAND,BART,EAST BAY REGNL PK,COMM COLL 2002 BND
Parcel Exemption Information
No results returned
Building Information
Year Built 1960
Total Living Area 972
Number of Bedrooms 3
Number of Bathrooms 1
Pool N
Notification Address Information
Owner Address 103 DOGWOOD CT
Owner City and State HERCULES CA
Owner Zip Code 94547
Owner Zip Code Extension 1102

I bolded the transfer date of September 13, 2005 which is when I assume the property was "bought" by his wife. Thus, even if Jack gave his ex-wife a bargain on the house, what happened to that money???

The address at the bottom, 103 Dogwood Ct, Hercules, CA is, I assume, his ex wife Magdalena Miller's address???

"She" (Patricia - Garrido's mother) had a bit of a hand in raising this lunatic? NO??? It doesn't surprise me in the least that she lived there, saw the girls and even while still potentially lucid 18 years ago, did NOTHING. She's incredibly lucky now to be "forgiven" with her mental diagnosis...(despite the fact that she seems to have been driving around until quite recently)...

Um humm...Sure, she thought everything was ok with all the junk in the house, a very weird "daughter-in-law" and a few blond children running around.

Um...hmm...

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth