Garrido Says Dugard's Rights Violated

You know, in a former day and age, a man like this would have been taken away and disposed of swiftly and quietly, and never heard from again.

I'm not sure modern justice is really better.

A part of me says yeah, right on at your post. But a part of me remembers the many times this was abused in the old days. That makes me more cautious.

True, but I think it's very clear that he gave the media that letter for the express purpose of somehow getting a message to Jaycee. I think he assumed that the contents would be publicized and that Jaycee would learn of it that way. He is sneaky, snaky and obviously trying to keep his hold on her. I assume that her family, attorney and psychologists are protecting her from this kind of garbage. Nothing he has to say has any value to anyone.

I think that in a crazy kind of way he thinks he is protecting himself. He may believe that since she wasn't given a lawyer that whatever she said would be inadmissable. It doesnt work that way (she wasnt implicating herself, she was implicating him) but he might think that it does.

I feel kind of sorry for his lawyer though, she must be tearing her hair out dealing with that nutjob.

I agree.

In his first interview he hinted at some story that Jaycee was supposed to tell. Well he has been watching the media and he hasn't seen her telling his story, the way he wants it told. So in his mind, someone must be keeping her from speaking. It hasn't occurred to him that she may not want to speak. Or if it did occur to him then he is hoping that if media contacts her and starts asking questions that it will remind her of what she is supposed to be doing.

He knows that he would never be able to speak to her. So instead he writes to the media and hopes they are able to get to her. He is trying to use the media as a go between to get to Jaycee. And I think it would be very unethical for media to try to pass messages from G. to Jaycee. If he keeps this up they will need to slap him with a restraining order.

It is pretty ironic though that G. is accusing others of violating Jaycee's rights when he violated her right to free 'speach' and her right to free movement, her right to the pursuit of happiness and her right to choose a spouse for over 18 years.

BTW how would he know that she requested an attorney be present from the beginning to the end of her questioning? I think that is a lie or maybe the first sign that she wasn't following the instructions he gave her. He would never have been allowed to witness any part of her interview so there is no way he could have known whether or not she requested an attorney!

I think that in a crazy kind of way he thinks he is protecting himself. He may believe that since she wasn't given a lawyer that whatever she said would be inadmissable. It doesnt work that way (she wasnt implicating herself, she was implicating him) but he might think that it does.

I feel kind of sorry for his lawyer though, she must be tearing her hair out dealing with that nutjob.

BBM. I agree with both of the above posts.

Good points! He probably has always been able to make all her decisions and he couldn't do anything about this one because she was of legal age. I bet that really upset him. I would have loved to have been a mouse in the room when it dawned on him what was happening!

LOL, I don't think it has hit him yet. The letter to the reporter, was him trying to remind Jaycee of her part of the 'script'. Yes, I said script, a script like KC was looking for.

And the fact that he is trying that doesn't mean he is sane IMO, it means that he has bought into the illusion that Jaycee was 'his woman' and that she was with him voluntarily and was under his control. (Perp thinking is often that he gave her chances to run after he began to trust her or in this case after he gave her two kids, and she didn't run.) He thinks that she will tell 'his story' the way he wants her to tell it.

Good points! He probably has always been able to make all her decisions and he couldn't do anything about this one because she was of legal age. I bet that really upset him. I would have loved to have been a mouse in the room when it dawned on him what was happening!

imagine being there for that.
then imagine being terry probyn getting a call at work. she thinks its a hoax, a cruel joke. then watch her face as she talks to the woman claiming to be jaycee and it dawns on her 'oh my god its her'
then imagine being carl probyn getting a call from terry and shayna later on and watch is expression as terry annouces "they found jaycee" then terry pauses....he doesnt know how this is gonna end..........then 'she's alive'

this was an amazing and emotional day for all of them.
incredible

You know, in a former day and age, a man like this would have been taken away and disposed of swiftly and quietly, and never heard from again.

I'm not sure modern justice is really better.

Actually, through most of history doing what he did was commonplace. It's called slavery, indentured servitude, serfdom and many other things.

LOL, I don't think it has hit him yet. The letter to the reporter, was him trying to remind Jaycee of her part of the 'script'. Yes, I said script, a script like KC was looking for.

And the fact that he is trying that doesn't mean he is sane IMO, it means that he has bought into the illusion that Jaycee was 'his woman' and that she was with him voluntarily and was under his control. (Perp thinking is often that he gave her chances to run after he began to trust her or in this case after he gave her two kids, and she didn't run.) He thinks that she will tell 'his story' the way he wants her to tell it.

BBM. Exactly! That's the "heart-warming story" he thinks Jaycee will publically tell, how his hearing voices and finding religion caused him to stop attacking her.:sick::sick::sick:

his lawyer's a public defender though. besides not being paid they are notoriously imcompetent. not like she's gonna go down in stature by losing this case.

A part of me says yeah, right on at your post. But a part of me remembers the many times this was abused in the old days. That makes me more cautious.

I was just venting more than anything, thinking of the further outrages we can expect when he finally gets up on the stand and delivers his manifesto to the world.

Just my opinion, but they should take away his pencil and paper, and his access to reporters, and let him sit there in his little cell in silence. We don't need to hear from him anymore!

Actually, through most of history doing what he did was commonplace. It's called slavery, indentured servitude, serfdom and many other things.

LOL, in some cases it was called marriage.

less lucid then his rantings about contolling sound with his mind? lol
imo this is him trying to 1) get to jaycee and 2) con people into thinking he's losing it

I was refering to his writing style.

BBM. Exactly! That's the "heart-warming story" he thinks Jaycee will publically tell, how his hearing voices and finding religion caused him to stop attacking her.:sick::sick::sick:

yeah he claims he "changed' after the birth of jaycee's first baby.
he didnt change enough, apperently, to stop raping her till she had the second baby 4 years later (at the minimum this is when he stopped, who knows0

Why would Cheyvonne think there was something Jaycee needed to hear, too?

LOL, in some cases it was called marriage.

When this story first broke, the thing that struck me the most was how much it had in common with the traditional forms of slavery. It is something that is so alien to us in modern society, but for most of human history it has been the norm. I think there is a lesson in there somewhere, what Garrido did is a primal throwback in the human species psyche, and that is what is so disturbing to our modern sensibilities. We know that it is there, deep down, and it makes us very uncomfortable.

Why would Cheyvonne think there was something Jaycee needed to hear, too?

I think it is too early to tell yet. Yes, she gave a message to media for Jaycee. But the fact is that LE was on her property doing a search. And she would have received a copy of the search warrant, the warrant would have have stated what they were looking for. So I do believe they were looking for *advertiser censored*. Now why she would send the message to Jaycee instead of PG or even NG I don't know. I don't know, but doesn't the warrant sometimes say things like "statements by a witness indicate this persons involvement in a crime by this way" type thing? If so then she may have thought that Jaycee was the witness. I'm thinking that this is most likely what happened.

Yes, it could have been part of a message to Jaycee, though I can't figure out what she would have been trying to tell her. Or it could have been that since Jaycee was the 'hero of the day' as well as the victim, that somehow she thought maybe Jaycee might be expected to know what was going on with PG or might be able to 'save' CM? Don't really know or understand where she was coming from.

he wrote the letter and gave it to the media idiot. of cours he was involved, media idiot couldnt give it to jaycee so gave it to her represtitive

I have had a couple of private conversations with Walt Gray about this case and I can assure you that he is not a "media idiot". He is one of the better TV journalists in Sacramento who is making a concious effort to get this story right. His reputation and the reputation of KCRA news is why Garrido has chosen him as his media contact. Walt has been doing a great job of getting a "scoop" out of Garrido without pandering to PG's delusions and he should be commended for walking that fine line so successfully.

He makes a basic assumption that mankind is going to shocked as well as pleased when they find out about his "discovery" via the "heartwarming" story. He is mistaken in his belief that anyone will care. Talk about a grandiose delusion. This juxtaposed against a personal belief that (by the time he dropped his manifasto to the FBI) PG was begging to be caught. I am really interested to know whether his predatory violence ever stopped -- deep down, I really, really doubt it. Even if the focus was no longer sexual in nature, PG's hold over Jaycee was always coercive.

I think it is too early to tell yet. Yes, she gave a message to media for Jaycee. But the fact is that LE was on her property doing a search. And she would have received a copy of the search warrant, the warrant would have have stated what they were looking for. So I do believe they were looking for *advertiser censored*. Now why she would send the message to Jaycee instead of PG or even NG I don't know. I don't know, but doesn't the warrant sometimes say things like "statements by a witness indicate this persons involvement in a crime by this way" type thing? If so then she may have thought that Jaycee was the witness. I'm thinking that this is most likely what happened.

There was no warrant, it was a parole search.

This is my first post. I have been reading websleuths for a while now and find the links many of you provide and information very interesting.
Thank-you for all the research you do.
I learned some shocking things from the links to Cheyvonne Molino.
I was very angry after her public threat to Jaycee. CM seems Nasty.
I believe she is hiding crimes and I hope LE discovers her secrets. JMO.
Now it seems like Garrido is trying to send a message to Jaycee. I hope threats and messages from these cruel people do not reach Jaycee. I'm relieved she has a strong team of professionals protecting Her & all her Family now.

If Molino's are involved in crime "*advertiser censored*" with Gariddo they will be trying to cover it up.
They want to keep Jaycee submissive and to control her. They probably want her to tell the world that she was living a normal life with them and didn't want to leave (sick).

I hope the public is told very soon if there is a connection found with the Molino's.
Also I have been curious about the search results at her rental house, the age of the children taken into government care that day. Any news on why the guy at the house was sent back to jail on parole violation and if there was *advertiser censored* found at that house?
Could these children have been the ones seen playing at Gorridos back yard?
Maybe PG has threatened Jaycee not to talk about anything they want kept private.
Well it is midnight for me. I'll be checking in tomorrow.

I have had a couple of private conversations with Walt Gray about this case and I can assure you that he is not a "media idiot". He is one of the better TV journalists in Sacramento who is making a concious effort to get this story right. His reputation and the reputation of KCRA news is why Garrido has chosen him as his media contact. Walt has been doing a great job of getting a "scoop" out of Garrido without pandering to PG's delusions and he should be commended for walking that fine line so successfully.

to me it looked like he let garrido use him.
but i have a cynical view of reporters. so i might have been unfair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back