In Touch article

I think it safe to say that her kids kept her strong, kept her from "clawing at the fence" as it says in InTouch. I think that the bond between them is stronger than even a normal mother-child bond. They were her reason to make it out. As far as the kids go, I have not a worry, except for the worry about the problems caused by having to tell them that she is their mother, not their sister.
But, considering the ages of the girls, it is probably just confirming a suspicion they already had.

I think it safe to say that her kids kept her strong, kept her from "clawing at the fence" as it says in InTouch. I think that the bond between them is stronger than even a normal mother-child bond. They were her reason to make it out. As far as the kids go, I have not a worry, except for the worry about the problems caused by having to tell them that she is their mother, not their sister.
But, considering the ages of the girls, it is probably just confirming a suspicion they already had.

she already told them for what i hear. imagine how difficult that was for her after all she's already been thru.

Jaycee developed a talent, on her own, as a graphic artist and printer. She was able to keep her right brain organized and creative. We've had many accounts from people that have met her and said she was very professional and sweet. Carl Probyn said that her personality is what saved her. It will continue to save her as she heals. IMO

I love this post!!!!:woohoo:

Jaycee has proven that she is a survivor, that she is a loving Mother, that she is smart and talented and has a great personality on top of all that!! She has so much going for her!!

The Jaycee that will have a hard time healing is the one who has to lie down at night and deal with the thoughts of enduring what her torturers did to her for all of those years. How you could ever get past that is beyond me, but I hope and pray that she will be able to do so! I am so grateful that she has Terry and Shayna, Carl and her Aunt and all of the people that love her to help her through the bad parts!

I love this post!!!!:woohoo:

Jaycee has proven that she is a survivor, that she is a loving Mother, that she is smart and talented and has a great personality on top of all that!! She has so much going for her!!

The Jaycee that will have a hard time healing is the one who has to lie down at night and deal with the thoughts of enduring what her torturers did to her for all of those years. How you could ever get past that is beyond me, but I hope and pray that she will be able to do so! I am so grateful that she has Terry and Shayna, Carl and her Aunt and all of the people that love her to help her through the bad parts!

when i was watching oprah today, after they did the segment with the berkley cops, they had on a family that lost there 5 month old baby 12 years ago. now imagine if somehow, that girl is found today. she has no memory of them at all they are total strangers to her. her abductors are her real famiy. so awful.......jaycee knows remembers and loves her family, which is a huge benefit to her situation

when i was watching oprah today, after they did the segment with the berkley cops, they had on a family that lost there 5 month old baby 12 years ago. now imagine if somehow, that girl is found today. she has no memory of them at all they are total strangers to her. her abductors are her real famiy. so awful.......jaycee knows remembers and loves her family, which is a huge benefit to her situation

That is a great point. I still think the quiet times will be the hardest for Jaycee though.

That is a great point. I still think the quiet times will be the hardest for Jaycee though.

maybe not
quiet time with her family in the next rooms over is better then quiet time in a tool shed with your family 300 miles away and a sex predator feet away from you.

she already told them for what i hear. imagine how difficult that was for her after all she's already been thru.

Yes, I know, that was why I mentioned it. She told them the truth, but I suspect it was just confirming what they had already figured out. It didn't seem to cause any major fallout, at least, not that reached the public view, so I figure it went over as well as could be expected.

What you see, and state, as Jaycee's "biggest mark, that she will never be able to get away from, is her children".....

..... Jaycee and family, no doubt in my mind, see Jaycee's children as her biggest blessing, that she would never want to be away from. Those girls are her children. They are her mother's grandchildren, her aunt's nieces.

They are part of Jaycee. They came from Jaycee. How could they be viewed by Jaycee or Jaycee's family with anything but love?

That family lost one member 18 years ago, but by the grace of God, they recovered that family member, plus two more. I doubt at this point they feel anything but blessed to have Jaycee, and yes, her children, home.

I am a mother. I can't imagine feeling anything less.

Jaycee no longer has to live in those conditions, however she has to live in the same body forever. Every mark, every scar, every stretch mark, they all have stories, most of them terrifying and heartbreaking. We don't know those stories, but she does, and she has to see the reminders every day.

I used the word "mark" in response to the above post by NotMyKids. I never implied she didn't love her children nor did I imply her family wouldn't love her children. As I said, I truly believe the children may have saved her life and in more ways than one. So, just to clarify what I was saying, I am not talking about the children. I am talking about how difficult it is going to be for Jaycee to try to move forward and forget her abuse. What I am saying is it is going to be much harder for Jaycee to distance herself from Phillip Garrido than if she had not had his children. At least that is my opinion.

Jaycee no longer has to live in those conditions, however she has to live in the same body forever. Every mark, every scar, every stretch mark, they all have stories, most of them terrifying and heartbreaking. We don't know those stories, but she does, and she has to see the reminders every day.

I used the word "mark" in response to the above post by NotMyKids. I never implied she didn't love her children nor did I imply her family wouldn't love her children. As I said, I truly believe the children may have saved her life and in more ways than one. So, just to clarify what I was saying, I am not talking about the children. I am talking about how difficult it is going to be for Jaycee to try to move forward and forget her abuse. What I am saying is it is going to be much harder for Jaycee to distance herself from Phillip Garrido than if she had not had his children. At least that is my opinion.

its not like the sicko is gonna have visitation rights though.

Does anyone else feel that InTouch may have sensationalized certain aspects after seeing the write up in People?
For example, some of the statements that they chose to use.
The age progression is basically slammed by the InTouch article, but doesn't seem to really be that far off.
The article also seems to use the statements that make us think Jaycee looks like a resident of a concentration camp. I was not shocked, I was pleasantly surprised by how healthy she looks.
Bad, InTouch.

Does anyone else feel that InTouch may have sensationalized certain aspects after seeing the write up in People?
The age progression is basically slammed by the InTouch article, but doesn't seem to really be that far off.
The article also seems to use the statements that make us think Jaycee looks like a resident of a concentration camp. I was not shocked, I was pleasantly surprised by how healthy she looks.
Bad, InTouch.

yes some of those comments appear to be way off.
on the other hand they also agree with PEOPLE on how well she's progressing

Bad, InTouch.
That is why they are called Tabloids and not newspapers.
They sensationalize everything.
I was very pleasantly surprised at her photo but I was shocked too...I did not expect her to look that great. And by the way I was the one who wrote that I would not be surprised if she was weather beaten or had bad teeth living in that shack.I am also the one that gets incensed at anyone who is less then sensitive to her.
For a tabloid to use the word shock makes the head line pop out and sell papers.
that is what they do....And that is why they do need some privacy and now that we saw a photo, I think they will get their well deserved life back.

That is why they are called Tabloids and not newspapers.
They sensationalize everything.
I was very pleasantly surprised at her photo but I was shocked too...I did not expect her to look that great. And by the way I was the one who wrote that I would not be surprised if she was weather beaten or had bad teeth living in that shack.I am also the one that gets incensed at anyone who is less then sensitive to her.
For a tabloid to use the word shock makes the head line pop out and sell papers.
that is what they do....And that is why they do need some privacy and now that we saw a photo, I think they will get their well deserved life back.

its a miracle she's in both as good mental and physical shape she is.
she's just flat out a miracle lol

the in touch magazine on newstands here this week has a 2 page aticle in which elizabeth smarts dad says elizabeth and jaycee are in contact and are helping each other out.

the in touch magazine on newstands here this week has a 2 page aticle in which elizabeth smarts dad says elizabeth and jaycee are in contact and are helping each other out.

That's pretty cool. Elizabeth seems like a really nice kid, so I'm sure she's helping Jaycee out a lot, and vice versa. Isn't Elizabeth in Paris now? Still, I bet they could talk via email or something.

That's pretty cool. Elizabeth seems like a really nice kid, so I'm sure she's helping Jaycee out a lot, and vice versa. Isn't Elizabeth in Paris now? Still, I bet they could talk via email or something.

said elizabeth is headed to africa for missionary work soon.
they have been talking via phone currently.

I haven't seen the In Touch article and do think some papers try to sell their wares by making outlandish statements. Anyway I am probably again in the wrong string, but someone here mentioned how she taught herself graphic arts, . . .
What I thought was an amazing picture was in one of the UK articles. I will try to find it, but it showed what was obviously Jaycees attempt at making a home. I had three chairs out in front of the tent, potted plants, a walkway and a surprisingly organized tent. She definitely was doing her best under the circumstances to provide her girls a healthy home atmosphere.

I haven't seen the In Touch article and do think some papers try to sell their wares by making outlandish statements. Anyway I am probably again in the wrong string, but someone here mentioned how she taught herself graphic arts, . . .
What I thought was an amazing picture was in one of the UK articles. I will try to find it, but it showed what was obviously Jaycees attempt at making a home. I had three chairs out in front of the tent, potted plants, a walkway and a surprisingly organized tent. She definitely was doing her best under the circumstances to provide her girls a healthy home atmosphere.

incredible all she did to keep her and her kids going all those years in the worst possible circumstances imaginable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back