Personal Attacks,TOS Violations and More

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
I was just going through the "Are there other victims" thread.
Crikey people. I am at 40 deleted posts SO FAR and that happens to be my threshhold for a thread review. If I have to delete that many. the thread is a goner. I didn't even get to the beginning of the bickerfest yet.

There should be 5 or 6 time outs, but I haven't got the time to sort through all the carp I just read.
So just everyone on that thread consider this a warning.

If you read a post that attacks another poster or yourself, don't respond. If you do it is a violation.
Click the alert triangle in the upper corner of the offending post, write a brief description of what went on and then submit. A moderator is alerted and someone will get to it when next they are online. This is the important part:
Scroll past it. That's it. Just keep on scrolling until you find a post that is worth responding to.
Few more things:

if you are going to use the ignore feature,just use it. Don't announce it, just do it. When you announce it, you are not ignoring anyone but rather getting in that one last dig.

If you find the discussion is about another poster, then know it is off track and there are going to be time outs. The threads are not to discuss each other;I am sorry I even had to write that out.

When you say "some people that think [insert anything here] are stupid idiots" and someone has posted that they think that, you are attacking them and you will be given a TO. Direct or indirect attacks, makes no difference..neither are allowed.

This case is about an incredible woman that has been through the ordeal of a lifetime. Something most of us will fortunately never have to endure.
So when the discussion gets reduced to bickering, name calling, and general BS, I just don't get it.

If a troll comes around these parts, just don't feed it.

Please, raise the level of conversation when things go sideways;don't perpetuate a bad situation.

Gracias.

PS: If anyone would like to start another thread on possible victims,. please go ahead. It is a shame that all the hard work that was done is not available. if i can find the time to pull out the valuable information, I will.

A girl who was lost has been found. Why can't people be civil to each other over something as wonderful as that?

this has been the most exciting and least annoying day since i joined here.
i hope future days are as uplifting as this one

I hope you will reconsider putting back most of the posts on the thread, "Are there other victims". Some of us are seriously looking for the 2 little girls seen with PG and that thread contained some important information to our research. Thank you.

I am working on it right now. but there is a lot of carp to wade through.
I am only doing it because I SHOULD be finishing my taxes. Anything is better than that :)

I hope you will reconsider putting back most of the posts on the thread, "Are there other victims". Some of us are seriously looking for the 2 little girls seen with PG and that thread contained some important information to our research. Thank you.

sisters i think she said we could start another thread

sisters i think she said we could start another thread

I just didn't want to loose the information we already had. I didn't download anything to my computer so we would have had to start over. :)

I just didn't want to loose the information we already had. I didn't download anything to my computer so we would have had to start over. :)

if i can learn to keep my mouth shut this wont be a problem again ;)

MY SINCEAR APPOLOGIES TO ONE AND ALL. I sure did get emotional on this case.
But as some here know children are my passion and hurt children are my weakness.

I always felt we are here for the victim and especially this sweet victims did not need
any negativity posted.
- YOU ARE CORRECT...I should have pulled that little triangle.
JBean your work here for endless hours deservs a big :clap::clap:
I AM GLAD IT HAS NOW BEEN NIPED IN THE BUTT.....

There are 2 little girls that we must try to support, and find.
Thank God JC she is in great hands now. I love WS, it is still the best Sleuthing site.
Thanks JBean for you time and effort in cleaning up the thread and giving that one back. :blowkiss:
:beats: :gomods:

Sometimes trolls invade and stir things up just to show their '1337ness'. Search for alt.syntax.tactical and the Meow Wars for more information.

MY SINCEAR APPOLOGIES TO ONE AND ALL. I sure did get emotional on this case.
But as some here know children are my passion and hurt children are my weakness.

I always felt we are here for the victim and especially this sweet victims did not need
any negativity posted.
JBean YOU ARE CORRECT...I should have pulled that little triangle.
I AM GLAD IT HAS NOW BEEN NIPED IN THE BUTT.....

There are 2 little girls that we must try to support, and find.
Thank God JC she is in great hands now. I love WS, it is still the best Sleuthing site.
Thanks JBean for you time and effort in cleaning up the thread and giving that one back. :blowkiss:
:beats: :gomods:

:dance:

AMEN AND THANK YOU JELLYBEAN! :woohoo:

It's not the only thread this kind of stuff was occurring on, but hopefully, this will bring it ALL to a stop. This is a very emotional case for some people and that is understandable. But the reason we're here is sleuthing; not judging one another! The actual "information and related possibilities" in these threads is important, we are talking about other possible victims here, so lets all get our **** together and stay on topic for their sake, just in case they're out there somewhere!!
(p.s. I myself find it pretty easy to ignore posts, unfortunately some don't. Being new at this, I didn't know about the report button, but I DO NOW, thanks again. JB):winkaway:

Well ive got alot of irish in me and im a capricorn, so sadly bickerfest is my speciality :p but i will behave.

English please - need translation. :)

Sometimes people who need a life get on newsboards just to stir up random conflicts for the heck of it. Gives them the illusion that they are somehow 'superior' (ie, elite=1337) to those they provoke. This sophmoric behavior has existed since the days of Arpanet and Bulletin Board Systems (BBSs). Two examples are the Usenet group alt.syntax.tactical and a harvard group that began provoking others throughout Usenet tagged by "Meow, Meow" phrases, and thus became known as the "Meow wars".

Google is your friend...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong