People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I look at the pictures I always seem to focus on Terry. She looks so happy.

i thought she'd look older.
yes she's only 50, but she has been worn down by so much pain by not having jaycee with her.
maybe the reason they all look so young is because being together has taken years off there lives? lol i dont know.

As usual you are so right on target ! :dance:
Yes JC's daughters - nobody in Terry's family even knew they existed, so it is very much like adopting a new baby.
And while Terry must have taught Shayna about JC; To receive her back even Shayna would have had an instant bond as would JC to Shayna. She watched her Mom Carry her and bring her home...I was actually thinking that every time JC was pregnant she was thinking of Terry and Shayna too.
But JCs girls were strangers too them all. it was not what they expected, but maybe to get JC back it became an entire pkg. of a pleasant surprise.
That will not last long. It looks like they are beginning to adjust and bond.
Absolutely the adoption statement was about the girls.
You are a very insightful young man.

i told you im not as stupid as i type :)
once the girls have adapted and see what a real loving family they belong too, i think the transition will be complete

i told you im not as stupid as i type :)
once the girls have adapted and see what a real loving family they belong too, i think the transition will be complete
True, they will also learn to feel many things they did not feel before. :(

I loved all the picture, the one of her touching heads with her mom, made me cry, the one of her
and her children did too. Her hair in the back is reddish. :) The girls are much lighter. :)
(just an observation) ...The cover made me smile a lot, and so did the story.It warmed my heart.

I realize that this is a euphoric smile from all..Imagine the dream like feeling of reuniting with a
child or parent you thought are gone from your life 4 ever. WOW....

I do not know where Shayna is living but maybe with her Dad now that this is going on...
I read she is a constant visitor, so It means she is not living with them now, and letting them all bond.
Carl took all the media to allow them all space...He is most recognized now and I imagine, he is staying away so that he wont be followed by paparazzi because they are relentless and care not whom they harm.
I am sure he will be in the picture, maybe on Halloween :) he will disguise himself and take a trip there. LOL just kidding. (maybe it will happen) It is all thought through for the girls sake.
They even say in one publication- cant recall which one, that they have not made plans yet for the holidays. We will find out after the Holidays what they did. Shayne will let us all know :)

There seems to be such a goodness in Carl. I remember when he went to Meyers after Jaycee was found and how the press hounded him so much that he wouldn't even stay for the march the town did. I think your idea about his absence is 100% right on!!

On another note, I have been to three stores in TX and can't find a copy of the magazine as of yet,:waitasec:

There seems to be such a goodness in Carl. I remember when he went to Meyers after Jaycee was found and how the press hounded him so much that he wouldn't even stay for the march the town did. I think your idea about his absence is 100% right on!!

On another note, I have been to three stores in TX and can't find a copy of the magazine as of yet,:waitasec:

I found mine in a Book Store BARNES & NOBEL. Maybe that helps.
Yes Carl seems like a sweet teddy bear. :)

go to your local grocer if that wasnt one of the places you stopped.
or a cvs or something.
forgot all about that march. what a great day that was for that neighborhood.

Yes, Carl Probyn is a sweet man and he so often seems to be unfairly talked about and left out of family activities. In the days after Jaycee was found Carl spent some time with an Australian television crew. He was intending to do just one interview but finished up travelling around in their SUV for their whole report. The journalist said Carl seemed a little lost and enjoyed the company of the TV crew. He said he likes Australians having done R&R there during the Vietnam War. He travelled from their home when Jaycee was abducted then to the Garrido's home and watched the Tahoe welcome-back march, with Carl giving his thoughts as they went. The whole trip was shown on Oz TV and was a very sympathetic interview with Carl. At one point he was talking about the weak and inneffective effort by law enforcement after Jaycee's abduction and Carl choked up, had to stop and wipe away his tears while the male journalist steadied him and gave him comfort. My heart went out to the man. Jaycee had been found and everybody was ecstatic but for Carl the years of heartache and stress could still come choking out of him. I think he's a lovely man and I hope he shares fully in the family bonding.

i hope so :)
That depends IF a contract is done with royalties, or flat fee.
Think magazines do a flat fee with no contingencies on sales volume, but what do I know? I now movies / books are contingent on sales.

That depends IF a contract is done with royalties, or flat fee.
Think magazines do a flat fee with no contingencies on sales volume, but what do I know? I now movies / books are contingent on sales.

if they ever made a movie about jaycee, and i mean, a real movie, not a life time special, who plays her? my vote for a young jaycee would be abigal breslin

Wonder if they will consider reworking Michaela Garecht's age progressed image, maybe darkening her hair a bit or anything, considering what we can see about Jaycee. Michaela's age progressed photo is so similar to Jaycee's, even down to the hairstyles they chose.
MGarecht1.jpg

Was there ever an age progression done for Ilene? I know she was a little older but surely her looks would have changed from a braces-wearing teen...
They seem to make the mistake of assuming that most blondes stay blonde. I'm a natural blonde---even in my mid-40s. I can attest that it is very rare for a blonde to stay blonde as an adult. The 'artists' who do the age progressions should only portray blonde hair in age progression drawings if the biological parents retained blonde hair as adults.

not sure what the situation is with carl. is he scared to visit? do they want to give jaycee time. i dont know. unlike the sleyton situation i hope carl is involved in her life. the fact that he is shanya's dad and is still technically married to terri kinda rules out that he will just go away.
the fact that carl is the first person terry called i thought said volumes two months ago.
im going to assume he is going to see them on the holidays but who knows.
dont think i expressd earlier how much i loved the pics........i think besides the one of terry and jaycee really close together was jaycee hunched over the horse.

First, my disclaimer - I do not know all the details of this case.

Got lots of questions I'm sure you all can answer.

Carl is Jaycee's step father, correct?
And Carl is the father of Shanya, correct?
Is Jaycee's mother the mother of Shayna?
How long was Carl the step father of Jaycee?
What happened to Jaycee's bio father?

TIA

Carl is Jaycee's step father, correct? YES
And Carl is the father of Shanya, correct? YES
Is Jaycee's mother the mother of Shayna?YES
How long was Carl the step father of Jaycee? about 3 years
What happened to Jaycee's bio father?He and terry never married, he never saw JC and has another family

TIA

JC is now with the family who loves her. :)

They seem to make the mistake of assuming that most blondes stay blonde. I'm a natural blonde---even in my mid-40s. I can attest that it is very rare for a blonde to stay blonde as an adult. The 'artists' who do the age progressions should only portray blonde hair in age progression drawings if the biological parents retained blonde hair as adults.
Very true. It bugged me in JonBenet Ramsey's case, because she was a dyed blonde, natural brunette!

Was there ever an age progression done for Ilene? I know she was a little older but surely her looks would have changed from a braces-wearing teen...
Yes there was. Ilene was a brunette.

Carl is Jaycee's step father, correct?
And Carl is the father of Shanya, correct?
Is Jaycee's mother the mother of Shayna?
How long was Carl the step father of Jaycee?
What happened to Jaycee's bio father?

TIA
Yes
Yes
Yes
not sure, 6 months?
He's now in the picture wanting to meet Jaycee- name is Kenneth Slayton. Has two other daughters.

This is wierd. I went to buy People today at the local Wal-Mart and the cashier said that they had all been removed today! (Not sold out - removed!) I wonder if it is because I live in El Dorado County where the Garridos will face trial and there may be a local gag order to prevent a tainted jury pool (yeah, good luck on that!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong