What were you doing?

What were you doing between 11 PM and 1 AM?

• Sleeping or at least in bed

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • On the road, or in the air

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Engaged in an argument, or having a fruit snack

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
It's obviously that most will vote "sleeping&in bed"...what are you suggesting.,.....that the intruder assumed the R's were sleeping just like most people would after a nice x-mas night? ;)

I was doing the usual for that time...drinking wine at my parents and hanging out drinking wine.

What were you doing?

I think I was baking some chocolate chip cookies and sipping a little wino while watching reruns of Saturday night live. The kids were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads (that's just an assumption on my part). Hubby was stoking the fire and we were listening to Bing Crosby's White Christmas on the radio.

Actually, beyond me as to what I was doing - probably sleeping.

what I was doing at that time was spending a peaceful holiday in London (with my parents), a VERY different act from what the Ramseys were doing AT THAT TIME ....

Think I spent that evening with some friends.

I think GMT is 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time so I was just arriving at work in a total sulk because everybody else (well, all my friends in the office) was still on holiday. Spent most of the day e mailing people as there was obviously no work to do, it being Christmas week. I do remember eating bubble and squeak soup when the story came up on the Internet.

ETA: Ooh, and a really hot partner on whom I had a monumental crush gave me a slice of his girlfriend's Christmas cake.

Had it been the middle of the night here, I'd have probably been asleep since I was a single person with few cares in the world. Had I been a parent with little ones needing care and attention, as I am now, and if I had a million plans for the next few days, I think I would hope to be asleep but would certainly not depend on it. Certainly, in taking melatonin, John was not depending on getting a good night's sleep without help...

I think we see what you are getting at,but remember the pineapple had been eaten 2 hrs earlier.9 pm isn't too unusual for a bedtime snack,esp.if she hadn't eaten much at the White's (face it,most kids don't like new dishes,esp ones such as cracked crab).neither is getting up around 12am,give or take a little on each side of that time,for JB's usual midnight potty run.(but oops,the one night Patsy claimed she didn't do it,how convenient,no?)

Holdon,since you're IDI,then how about another poll??you do believe in being fair to Mr (ghostly)intruder,right?this time it reads as follows:

what would you be more likely to be doing from 11pm-1am?

a. arguing
b. breaking into a stranger's house and kidnapping,head bashing and garroting a small child
c.having a fruit snack

Hold,arguing with whom? because that could imply Patsy John or Burke arguing as well.
reminds me of the RN,whereas the author states 'so don't think that killing will be difficult..' (killing whom?)

I think GMT is 8 hours ahead of Mountain Time so I was just arriving at work in a total sulk because everybody else (well, all my friends in the office) was still on holiday. Spent most of the day e mailing people as there was obviously no work to do, it being Christmas week. I do remember eating bubble and squeak soup when the story came up on the Internet.

ETA: Ooh, and a really hot partner on whom I had a monumental crush gave me a slice of his girlfriend's Christmas cake.

Had it been the middle of the night here, I'd have probably been asleep since I was a single person with few cares in the world. Had I been a parent with little ones needing care and attention, as I am now, and if I had a million plans for the next few days, I think I would hope to be asleep but would certainly not depend on it. Certainly, in taking melatonin, John was not depending on getting a good night's sleep without help...

Thank you for your response, and sorry but I should've added 'your local time'. I was looking for what you were doing 11PM to 1 AM 'your' time.

I was still cleaning up after cooking a 4-course Christmas dinner for my family. It takes me that long to clean up because my pain-in-the a$$ in-laws sit and talk around my beautiful fireplace instead of helping me. It takes a great deal of control not to just fling those S'mores right at my sister-in-laws fat face while she sits there and polishes her nails instead of helping me clean up.

That, and eating pineapple with Chrishope.

Thanks for asking.

Thank you for your response, and sorry but I should've added 'your local time'. I was looking for what you were doing 11PM to 1 AM 'your' time.

Actually HOTYH, I was being a dozey moo and misread the question and poll. Sorry :(

Anyway, at that time on that day 'our time,' I was certainly in bed but having only a sporadic sleep since the guy I was living with at the time was an insomniac and kept waking me up turning the pages of - wait for it - 'American Psycho.' So probably sleep interspersed with arguments :D

It is actually amazing how clearly you remember this stuff as soon as one thing jogs your memory....

Certainly, you would expect a great many people to be asleep at that time but you couldn't, of course, know how heavily they slept or whether all the inhabitants would be asleep...

Is this what you are getting at?

I was still cleaning up after cooking a 4-course Christmas dinner for my family. It takes me that long to clean up because my pain-in-the a$$ in-laws sit and talk around my beautiful fireplace instead of helping me. It takes a great deal of control not to just fling those S'mores right at my sister-in-laws fat face while she sits there and polishes her nails instead of helping me clean up.

Thanks for asking.

Stoppit DeeDee: my glass of Chardonnay nearly ended up on my keyboard there :D You have an amazing gift for humorous narrative!

what I was doing at that time was spending a peaceful holiday in London (with my parents), a VERY different act from what the Ramseys were doing AT THAT TIME ....

Blimey, Redeemed: we are getting perilously close to being a Small Foreign Faction :)

I was eating pineapple with Deedee and Chris.(after I helped Deedee clean up,seeing as her fat lazy sil..well,you get the pic :) )

Thanks for asking.

Hmm. This is a linguistic match to remarks made by my wife.

I was eating pineapple with Deedee and Chris.(after I helped Deedee clean up,seeing as her fat lazy sil..well,you get the pic :) )

LOL...I was preparing some:smiliecup: for the above three to have, AFTER they were done with the pineapple....

:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back