Pit bull attacks man, kills pet dogs

For every one of these attacks that makes the news there are dozens that do not. Our local news here is full of them, all about the same unprovoked attacks that leave children disfigured, pets dead, you name it. Our local news chatboard carries these stories and usually once the neghative comments start, the Pit Bull owners all come rushing in with stories about how lovable their little Fido is, how he plays with their kids, wouldnt hurt a fly, yada yada.
These dogs need to be banned. Period. They are bred to be the way they are and anyone owning one is endangering everyone they come into contact woth. They need to be exterminated as a breed.
Well if that doesn't generate something, I don't know what will.

snick-- i agree 100%. it's an unfortunate that humans have created a monster.. and the nice dogs of the breed and the good owners have to be associated with all the bad ones. but something needs to be done.

Maybe Chihuahuas should be exterminated as a breed as well. I've seen numerous little dogs attack small children and do damage. Of course you don't see those stories in the news. Again it is in the owner and how the pet is raised. I am sick of people judging certain pets. yada yada yada...

If pitbulls as a breed are so "dangerous" it surprises me that many are used as search and rescue dogs, therapy dogs, service dogs and saving their humans (kids included) from deadly snake attacks and fires. Please read this before you judge the animals as a breed. It's the owners fault if they are aggressive!

http://pbrc.net/petbull/pospress.html
http://katzdawgs.tripod.com/attacks.htm

I know there are many pit bull lovers on this forum and we've had this topic before. Please read the above links for possitive stories instead of all the negative!

snick-- i agree 100%. it's an unfortunate that humans have created a monster.. and the nice dogs of the breed and the good owners have to be associated with all the bad ones. but something needs to be done.

I agree too, unfortunately. Pit Bulls and their mixes can't be trusted for the most part.

WOW! Obviously anyone that thinks Pit Bulls needs to be banned has never been around them, or has been around ones that have been abused. I own one and she is scared of her own shadow, wouldn't hurt a flea. ANY dog can be mean, it is all in how you raise and treat them.

I said this on another thread and I'm saying it here. Pit Bulls are mankillers. That is how they are listed under dogs along with several other breeds. They are listed like this because they have the ABILITY to kill a human being. Alot of people speak in favor of them but that doesn't negate the fact they can kill. I know alot about Pit Bulls , but all I really have to know is that they have to ABILITY to kill a human whether they do or not.

Chihuahuas are not listed as man killers, they are listed as a toy breed. Alot of them are obnoxious, but they do not kill humans.

I am a dog lover, I have six dogs. A few years ago my daughter brought home a pit bull and we took the advice of so many and treated him with ultra kindness, he was our baby. We held him on our lap until he was so big it was impossible. We kissed him, hugged him, he was a valued member of our family. Then one night about 7:00 pm, I sent my grandson to the back yard for something. "Butch" evidently did not recognize him, attacked and tore off his ear partially. So I know for a fact that pit bulls can attack without provocation. He was put down, its a shame, but these dogs are just
not suitable for pets for families with young children. One other story, I use to visit someone in my church who had small children.
They bought a rottweiler. I said, you shouldn't have that dog with your baby. Its just not safe. They laughed, told me with kind
care that dog would be a great pet. They said I didn't know what I was tahking about. I said ok, maybe I don't. (rottweilers are listed as mankillers also) A few months later as I was visiting again, I noticed the dog was gone. So I asked where is he. They said we got rid of him cause he tried to eat the baby. I didn't say a word, but it is a foolhardy person that will put his/her child at risk with these animals. They are guardians, they attack, they are not pets for the novice. No matter how kind you are they still have the propensity to attack and they can still kill.

Porcine that is your OPINION. I, and many others, completely disagree.

Another note, in the USA, owning a pit bull should require a license and a IQ test.
This would stop the horrible abuse of this breed.

Love my dogs, you are right, my opinion based on personal facts. You can never convince me otherwise and I can't convince you. I hope you don't pay with the ultimate price. Good luck.

I said this on another thread and I'm saying it here. Pit Bulls are mankillers. That is how they are listed under dogs along with several other breeds. They are listed like this because they have the ABILITY to kill a human being. Alot of people speak in favor of them but that doesn't negate the fact they can kill. I know alot about Pit Bulls , but all I really have to know is that they have to ABILITY to kill a human whether they do or not.

Chihuahuas are not listed as man killers, they are listed as a toy breed. Alot of them are obnoxious, but they do not kill humans.

I am a dog lover, I have six dogs. A few years ago my daughter brought home a pit bull and we took the advice of so many and treated him with ultra kindness, he was our baby. We held him on our lap until he was so big it was impossible. We kissed him, hugged him, he was a valued member of our family. Then one night about 7:00 pm, I sent my grandson to the back yard for something. "Butch" evidently did not recognize him, attacked and tore off his ear partially. So I know for a fact that pit bulls can attack without provocation. He was put down, its a shame, but these dogs are just
not suitable for pets for families with young children. One other story, I use to visit someone in my church who had small children.
They bought a rottweiler. I said, you shouldn't have that dog with your baby. Its just not safe. They laughed, told me with kind
care that dog would be a great pet. They said I didn't know what I was tahking about. I said ok, maybe I don't. (rottweilers are listed as mankillers also) A few months later as I was visiting again, I noticed the dog was gone. So I asked where is he. They said we got rid of him cause he tried to eat the baby. I didn't say a word, but it is a foolhardy person that will put his/her child at risk with these animals. They are guardians, they attack, they are not pets for the novice. No matter how kind you are they still have the propensity to attack and they can still kill.

I am sorry for what happened to your grandson. As you shared your story I listed a couple links including stories as well. Pit bulls are not even the number 1 when it comes to human attacks. I work with Customs and Border Protection and we are seeing more and more of Pit Bulls becoming service dogs and they are beating out all other breeds.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back