Jaycee's emails

As for any spelling mistakes or other errors in her emails, Jaycee has nothing to be ashamed of. The more I hear about this young lady, the more impressed I am by her. She is obviously someone who did miracles with the limited education she had, and she has the drive and interest to learn. If her emails weren't exactly business-like or had lower-case "i's" rather than capitals, that is something easily corrected. She simply didn't know any better, and nobody was teaching her but herself. If the small I's can be interpreted psychologically, I leave up to others.

They don't mean anything other than that she wasn't an expert typer and probably typed the message quickly.

She read books, she certainly would have known about capitalization.

I wonder what her web access was like. You have to assume it was limited in some way, whether by threat or coercion, considering Garrido never allowed her to leave the property. He had her on the tightest of leashes. Perhaps he lied to her, telling her every keystroke would be tracked (although these programs are actually available, I doubt he had one).

I wonder if the web was how she was able to educate her daughters so well, especially on tough subjects to do on your own, like math and science. I can't get over how she did that with only a 5th grade education herself. Beyond impressive.

One other point, it is not fair to second guess what she should or shouldn't have done. Hindsight is allways 20/20 (and in time she will likely beat herself up about this as well anyway) but it is different when you are actually in the situation and can't see or know everything you need to make those sorts of decisions.

It seems from what I've read here, that Jaycee was never out with the 2 girls. She appears to have been kept back and the three of them never would go out together until the fateful day at the police dept. If someone got an email from her where she asked for help, how could she know that anyone would take it seriously and not tell the G's? Then she would be in a world of hurt. Or who could she tell on the net that she could trust? The police? I'm sure!!! Not! I think the girls were the protection that Jaycee could never tell because she was never alone with them to escape.

@human: Yes, Dugard said that in all her 18 years she was never allowed to leave the property. And you're right about her legitimate fears. Dugard had to know what a total joke the parole officers were. Jesus, there was a special sex offender unit there just last year and somehow they miraculously missed all those extension cords running from the back of the house to the backyard. So she had to face the threats from Garrido* and then the absurdity that is the Contra Costa Sheriff's Department. Oh, and then there is the clusterf$&% that is her immediate neighborhood. Incredible survival skills on her part. She did what she needed to do to protect her girls.

*No way he didn't threaten Dugard to keep her compliant. This is why so many batterers insist on having children by their victims, to increase leverage over them. Garrido was a man who wouldn't let go of damn trash. The hell he would let go of his captives. Without them under his total control, he would cease being a "God." Their captivity was central to his warped identity.

I don't even question her trying to escape because there are a lot of reasons she wouldn't, that's probably for another thread - at least that is not what came to mind for me in this thread. I kind of wanted to see how involved she was in the printing business, what kinds of things she did, who she had connections with as customer and the nature of that relationship - I only mean business wise, and so on. It did break my heart when I saw those pics of Garrido taking her two girls and the old man next door on an outing and Jaycee was not there. The sorry f*ck was out acting like their father and excluding Jaycee from that, even as their sister. Wasn't Nancy in those pics also - ugh, I hope it was not promoted that she was their pseudo-mother.

These emails are being portrayed as though they are proven to have been written by Jaycee. Do we really know that for sure and, if so, how?

These emails are being portrayed as though they are proven to have been written by Jaycee. Do we really know that for sure and, if so, how?

well since the girl on garrido's card was allgedly jaycee, how do we know garrido wasnt pretending to be her?

I don't even question her trying to escape because there are a lot of reasons she wouldn't, that's probably for another thread - at least that is not what came to mind for me in this thread. I kind of wanted to see how involved she was in the printing business, what kinds of things she did, who she had connections with as customer and the nature of that relationship - I only mean business wise, and so on. It did break my heart when I saw those pics of Garrido taking her two girls and the old man next door on an outing and Jaycee was not there. The sorry f*ck was out acting like their father and excluding Jaycee from that, even as their sister. Wasn't Nancy in those pics also - ugh, I hope it was not promoted that she was their pseudo-mother.

and jaycee was most likely back at home taking care of psycho mom.

It seems from what I've read here, that Jaycee was never out with the 2 girls. She appears to have been kept back and the three of them never would go out together until the fateful day at the police dept. If someone got an email from her where she asked for help, how could she know that anyone would take it seriously and not tell the G's? Then she would be in a world of hurt. Or who could she tell on the net that she could trust? The police? I'm sure!!! Not! I think the girls were the protection that Jaycee could never tell because she was never alone with them to escape.

i agree a 100 percent. i kow jaycee has said she feels guilty about not trying to escape, but really, when she was a little girl and a teenager she had no choice....when she was an adult he had a hold over her, and im sure, she also didnt want to escape without her girls.

That's what I said on a thread last night, that PG could have been the one doing the emailing and pretending that he had more employees or more of a business than what it was. He was probably right there if she was allowed online or on the phone. Also, if it's true that Jaycee wasn't allowed off the property in 18 years, then who did he take to the barber shop that one time? The barber said she was very quiet and sat reading magazines.

That's what I said on a thread last night, that PG could have been the one doing the emailing and pretending that he had more employees or more of a business than what it was. He was probably right there if she was allowed online or on the phone. Also, if it's true that Jaycee wasn't allowed off the property in 18 years, then who did he take to the barber shop that one time? The barber said she was very quiet and sat reading magazines.

i wonder if they mean she wasnt alllwed off the property alone. i remember hearing she and nancy went to the supermarket earlier this year.

Thanks:) I thought I'd already read it somewhere, but couldn't find it and figured I was just crazy :crazy:

I've wondered the same thing.

I hope this thread doesn't get closed. Tracking Jaycee's involvement in printing business is important -- that was her interface with the real world.

re: corrections to brochures etc,
PG is an atrocious speller, so Jaycee being asked to correct errors (and apologising) doesn't mean she wrote it -- I doubt she was proofreading and correcting PG's spelling and grammar, even if she picked up on errors. We don't know what she wrote and when, but there's no harm in having all that stuff together in one thread for us to pick over.

I hope this thread doesn't get closed. Tracking Jaycee's involvement in printing business is important -- that was her interface with the real world.

re: corrections to brochures etc,
PG is an atrocious speller, so Jaycee being asked to correct errors (and apologising) doesn't mean she wrote it -- I doubt she was proofreading and correcting PG's spelling and grammar, even if she picked up on errors. We don't know what she wrote and when, but there's no harm in having all that stuff together in one thread for us to pick over.

i never thought this thread should be closed it's just not my favorite subject. the emails were only released by people because they wanted to claim that either jaycee was fine during all this, or try to get off of there own responsbility. we had arguments about whether the people mag shoot exploited jaycee.........i think the jerks who released these emails did a great job of that themselves

I remember the dateline special where the child advocate was saying PG told her his daughter was helping him with the business and she wondered why he would have a 6 year old helping him, cause there were so many spelling errors. And that sounds like PG making excuses for his spelling by blaming his daughter to me. Like when customers complained about spelling he included her into that part of the business. Its possible he used her as a scapegoat of sorts if anything went wrong he would say it was her fault or that she was in charge of that.I mean this makes sense to me, these people are such liars and users.

I remember the dateline special where the child advocate was saying PG told her his daughter was helping him with the business and she wondered why he would have a 6 year old helping him, cause there were so many spelling errors. And that sounds like PG making excuses for his spelling by blaming his daughter to me. Like when customers complained about spelling he included her into that part of the business. Its possible he used her as a scapegoat of sorts if anything went wrong he would say it was her fault or that she was in charge of that.I mean this makes sense to me, these people are such liars and users.

why not? he used and abused her in every other way imaginable. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back