Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

I e-mailed the detective about the patch, asking if it has been identified. I will post when I hear back but it can take a little while.

ETA: Another thing I thought of when I first started researching this, if the man was from out of town, wouldn't he have had to stay somewhere? I wonder if he stayed at a local homeless shelter. By now, the records are probably long gone.

From what I remember off of the top of my head he had a shirt or something from a local hotel or am I thinking of a different case?

So far the feedback I got on the rose pin:

I bought this pin in the 1990's, in a small jewelry shop in Ensenada, Mexico.

Google Maps - Ensenada, Mexico

You can see Regina Police's logo here: http://www.reginapolice.ca/ It's not close to the crest of the jacket.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is Canada's national police. They have a similar logo, but it is not the crest on the jacket.

I can call and verify this information, but it looks like it is on the jacket, esp since it appears to be at the same angle as the jacket. It looks like a common type of embroidery for that time and part of the a preppy look. I wish we had a good high res image of the jacket.

Sorry, didn't see your post when I blew through before. lol
Thank you.
I agree it looks like a brand logo/decorative.

The detective has already e-mailed me. The pin HAS been identified! She is going to look through her files and let me know, hopefuly soon.

Thank you.

I wonder if he went to Mexico...

I am thinking about putting his picture on the usedeverywhere websites. It is a classified site that a lot of Canadians use. It is not as creepy as craigslist but I was a bit concerned about some "weirdos" e-mailing me. Maybe I should create a new e-mail account escpecially for this. I could also e-mail various Canadian media outlets.

Thank you.

I think the crest is the old Ralph Lauren "Chaps" logo. It was discussed on another thread somewhere.

I wonder if he went to Mexico...

I am thinking about putting his picture on the usedeverywhere websites. It is a classified site that a lot of Canadians use. It is not as creepy as craigslist but I was a bit concerned about some "weirdos" e-mailing me. Maybe I should create a new e-mail account escpecially for this. I could also e-mail various Canadian media outlets.

You can easily make a gmail account.

The detective has already e-mailed me. The pin HAS been identified! She is going to look through her files and let me know, hopefuly soon.

Do you mean the patch has been identified?

The person that posted about the rose pin posted back

This is a great deal like the one I have.
I've never seen one like it in the U.S., but that doesn't mean they didn't exist, and I've had this for a number of years now

I think the crest is the old Ralph Lauren "Chaps" logo. It was discussed on another thread somewhere.

Pretty sure I remember reading something like that.

You mean identified as in they know where it might have originated from?

Really? It looks similar to me but not the same. It has the crown and the wheat, but these are common in crests. I wonder if we could ask RL. You think they would have listed the brand of the jacket in the report. Especially if it's a major brand like that. I wish we could see the center better. Are there more high res/clearer photos?

I remember RL crests having their name or initials in it somewhere. I remember these RL Chaps crests:
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.92229943.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/pezoids/CLOTHING/RALPH LAUREN/RLchapsJacket-DTL2.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xqLlkhN6y...emJKBDOZFQ/s320/Ralph+Lauren+Crest+Blazer.JPG (this one looks the closest but not the same to me)
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.92770427.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/i/giveaway.png/#q=ralph lauren crest coat (notice the name. On Chaps stuff sometimes it's RLC too)

ETA: the other thread suggests it is something they read elsewhere. However, I googled and googled and found nothing. Maybe someone else knows where it is.

The cold case detective is going to get back to me, hopefuly within a week, she is going to look in her files and let me know what the crest is as the police have identified it.

Danaya, thanks! I appreciate it. I missed that. I was just thinking the pin.

Thanks, Roselvr. He does not have a thread. Perhaps we should start one in cold cases as well so people can submit theories and possible matches?

I started one in cold cases. I hope his cousin posts there.

Here's the link to Allan's post in cold cases
LINK

His cousin is signed up for this post, so including the links will help her.

I have other information to post as well, just have to get my links together.

I honestly don't have any reliable info from when he disappeared - I was in college in Ontario and Kenley and I had lost touch since graduating hs. I do not have any reason to believe Kenley was depressed when he disappeared though he had apparently had a minor spat with one or more of his sister's friends the previous night when they were out together. Kenley had travelled extensively after graduating from high school 2 years earlier and it appeared he was ready and eager to start college with his sister, whom he was very close with. He chose to go to college, he could have continued travelling if he had preferred. I wondered if he had worked out alot of his coming of age issues while he was travelling and once he was in a more stable setting he found it wasn't working for him - if he decided to just leave. But there has been no evidence regarding anything since he left - no body, no activity on his bank card, no anything.

As for places he frequented, to my knowledge he really hadn't been in Wolfville very long - classes had just started and this was his first year at Acadia. He grew up in Cape Breton - in the Port Hawkesbury area, so Wolfville wasn't a place he would have been overly familiar with.

The forum I found you at still has not accepted my registration. I am unable to post there.

Can you please email me at roselvr@gmail.com?

I have a few questions I want to ask. I see something online and would like your input before I post it.

The cold case detective is going to get back to me, hopefuly within a week, she is going to look in her files and let me know what the crest is as the police have identified it.

Thank you! I wonder if it is just a brand name crest, or if it's military/police related.

720UMSKjacket.jpg

I actually wonder if it's just a brand patch or the police's crest.
Can who ever is in contact with LE please email or call them to ask?
This way if it's their crest, no one will waste time on it.

It is very similar to the insignia on Polo Crest by Ralph Lauren. However I do believe it is not that EXACT crest, but without a clear shot of the insignia on the jacket, its hard to be 100 percent. Here is what that crest looks like.

crest.jpg

I am thinking more than likely that this is some sort of a brand name insignia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back