AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

I can't imagine that the The Charley Project and The Doe Network, the websites where the other attempted abductions were mentioned, would post something like that if it weren't true and not check it out with other sources. This is not to say anything in any way against Morgan's mom, but perhaps she doesn't remember? It says that the attempts happened within the next day or two after Morgan's disappearance. I would imagine she was focused on Morgan at that time and not any other news.

Also, I don't understand the speculated connection between John Mark Karr and the suspect. Wouldn't he have been too young at that time to have been described as having "salt and pepper" hair? Even now he doesn't look that old.

I think there is going to be a big break in this case in the next week - watch for news that a vehicle used in a kidnapping in another state strongly resembles the one suspected in Morgan's case. And the perp also resembles the sketch put out when Morgan was taken. Can't say more than that now, but...Hopefully justice coming soon!

I think there is going to be a big break in this case in the next week - watch for news that a vehicle used in a kidnapping in another state strongly resembles the one suspected in Morgan's case. And the perp also resembles the sketch put out when Morgan was taken. Can't say more than that now, but...Hopefully justice coming soon!

I'll hope. I'm good at hoping.
I really do want to see some type of resolution to Morgan's case. I don't post on her here, but I have followed the case. I fully believe that Morgan is part of a series. This isn't something that happens once. Strangers that abduct, typically don't take 6 year olds to raise as their own.

I'll hope. I'm good at hoping.
I really do want to see some type of resolution to Morgan's case. I don't post on her here, but I have followed the case. I fully believe that Morgan is part of a series. This isn't something that happens once. Strangers that abduct, typically don't take 6 year olds to raise as their own.

The GREAT thing is - the victim in this most recent case GOT AWAY and gave police enough info to get the perp. He is in custody. And you are VERY right - this was not his first rodeo by any means. In fact, he was convicted and jailed for kidnapping a young girl in another state just 4 months after Morgan disappeared.

I remember Morgan's story from when I was growing up...my family used to spend a lot of time shuffling around to various sporting events for all of us kids and I remember my parents being scared to let my sister, brother and I go play on the school playgrounds away from the bleachers while one of us was at soccer etc.

Anyway according to Charley Project website, sightings of Morgan have occured over the years. Although they are unsubstantiated sightings, has there been a pattern to these? Can't find any info, but it would be interesting if perhaps they centered around a certain geographic region (ex: Midwest). I always think, how many people might have sighted Jaycee over the years and thought she looked familiar but never made a connection...She was in a fairly close area to her home for years.

Michelle Michaud ,imo,was involved in far more than what is on the record.
I feel because shes a woman she was not properly investigated & I agree she looks far too much like the composite & imo was involved with the Jaycee's kidnapping.I also wonder what she was up to prior to hooking up with Deveggio.
Ive said in other threads that I feel there are many more women involved in similar cold cases either as accomplices or as the SOLE perpetrator & for too long(for many reasons)women were dismissed & not investigated fully.The women that have been caught need to be studied & interviewed & alot of cases (like Jaycees)need to be re-investigated.
The one pic of Deveggio isnt working but I truly think you are on to something!
Are Deveggio & Michaud still in incarcerated?

said this before but thank god it wasnt devaggio and michaud that took jaycee......

The GREAT thing is - the victim in this most recent case GOT AWAY and gave police enough info to get the perp. He is in custody. And you are VERY right - this was not his first rodeo by any means. In fact, he was convicted and jailed for kidnapping a young girl in another state just 4 months after Morgan disappeared

That sounds promising and please keep us posted...

As to another poster regarding Colleen, mOrgan's mom saying there were NO abduction attempts around the time Morgan was kidnapped...I too have read the Charley project and Doe Network sites regarding Morgans kidnapping where they give that information, but I did post Colleens responses verbatim. I did find it odd that she said that she didn't know what the other sites had on them. I thought that was kind of weird because wouldn't you check Doe and Charley Project about your child? I got her email off of the official Morgan Nick website http://www.morgannick.com/contact.html and emailed her directly, she answered, and i posted. I know it sounds strange tho..I still think that the two mugshots that i posted earlier bear a striking resemblance to the composite tho...will look forward to hearing anything new..

it's been a week or so Addicted...any new news??

Also, lets not forget this great find by Sleuthster!

http://www.myspace.com/46041898

resemblance is strong, both virgos and remember, Shawn Hornbeck actually posted on his parents website.

Also, lets not forget this great find by Sleuthster!

http://www.myspace.com/46041898

resemblance is strong, both virgos and remember, Shawn Hornbeck actually posted on his parents website.

I hope that they do find her soon, and she is alive.

Has anyone heard anymore about the news that was supposed to be announced.

Has anyone heard anymore about the news that was supposed to be announced.

No, Ab Addicted posted that on 10-20 and said it would break perhaps within a week. 12 days...have you heard Addicted? Where did you receive this info regarding an attempted kidnapping and that a suspect is under arrest? What state/city was this in? I'm anxious to hear...any break in Morgan's case would be fantastic.

Good news and I think it will clear up some misinformation that has been bandied about as far as other abductions or attempted abductions occuring around the time of Morgans abduction. Also, that according to Morgan's mom Colleen, and the Director of the Outreach Program for the Morgan Nick foundation, that there IS misinformation on The Charley Project and other sites.
Below is my verbatim correspondence with Tara, Director of the Outreach Program for the Morgan Nick Foundation. I have highlighted her writing/responses/and statements in RED.

Many of these questions, I do not know the answer to. The ones I do know, I've typed in red. I did look at your thread and noticed that you got some of your information from the Charley Project. Although, I'm not at all familiar with this organization, I looked at their website and some of their information on Morgan's case is outdated or in some way not correct. I would defer the questions you still have to the Alma Police Department (479-632-3333) which is the primary agency responsible for this case. This case is not considered a "cold case" as leads are still actively being received and investigated.

Thanks,

Tara Landers
Director of Events and Outreach
Morgan Nick Foundation
P.O. Box 1033
Alma, AR 72921
479-632-6382
taramnf@aol.com

Hi Tara..

Hi..I have received correspondence from Morgans mom a few months back as I asked her some questions that I could post her answers on a website that I belong to called websleuths...please feel free to look at the following link...

Morgan Nick 6yo Arkansas 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There are several things that would be helpful at this point to know the definitive answers to by someone in "the know" and I'm hoping you can help.

1. Were there other attempted abductions around the time of Morgan's abduction? For instance, one poster remembers about a child in a laundry?
The only other "attempted abduction" that was reported was the child in the laundromat. This was followed up on and found to be a custody dispute between separated parents where the father took the child while the mother was in the laundromat.

2. Is there presently a person in custody that may be implicated in Morgan's kidnapping as has been suggested by another poster? Don't know.

3. Did this man have a "hillbilly" accent? Don't know.

4. It has been reported that the man asked a question to the children that Morgan was with...is this true, and if yes, what was the question? Don't know.

5. Do theories exist that it could be a "mountain" man? Don't know.

6. We know this is a small town, so this man was unrecognized by everyone? A stranger? As far as I know.

7. What is the official description of car that is on record for being wanted in connection with Morgans abduction? Red Ford pickup with a white camper. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.

I'm sure if you read the site, you will see that many, many people are still looking for Morgan and we would appreciate any help that you could give us to keep Morgan in the forefront of our investigators..

Thank you so much for your time...

So, since we have both Morgan's mom and the Director of her Foundation telling us that there were NO attempted or actual abductions around the time of Morgans abduction, we should be able to put that to rest. This is significant because as i have posted before, Morgan is the ONLY CHILD stranger abduction occuring in the state of Arkansas! This leads me to believe that it is not a practicing pedophile preying on children in Arkansas as there were no abductions before or after Morgan. It leads me to believe my "mountain man" theory first, then the second theory being a person that wanted a child to raise that passed thru and hopped on the eway for a quick getaway, and lastly..a serial killer/child predator that passed thru and made a quick getaway. But, keep in mind this man talked to the children. Why talk to them? Did he want a "specific' type of child? Did he want a quick assessment of the childrens personalities?(Just reminds me of jacob wetterling) The fact that he talked to them instead of just snatching her from the parking lot alone, leads me to believe that he wanted a specific type of child..perhaps to raise as his own up in the mountains??

So thru Morgans mom and the Director of Outreach for the Morgan Nick foundation we know these to be the CORRECT facts (below is combination of both their answers to questions posed...

1. She was abducted from a ballpark in Alma Arkansas, a very small town, and very mountainous region. The ballpark itself is surrounded by mountains.
2. To this day, there have been NO viable suspects.
3. The suspicious vehicle was a Red Ford pickup with a white camper. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.
4. Yes there was a witness that saw a man talking to the children. The description is the same as the composite shown. The only composite that is considered VIABLE is the one currently on Morgan's missing poster @ missingkids.comThe man was described as white, 6 feet tall, with a medium to solid build, a mustache and a 1-inch beard. At the time, he was believed to be 23-38 years old. The information about curly, salt pepper hair, slicked back, hillbilly accent, is NOT VERIFIED as correct by Morgans mom or the Director.
5. There were NO attempted abductions around the time of Morgans abduction, or for that matter, no stranger abductions in the state of Arkansas before or since Morgan.
6.Alma is a city in Crawford County in the western part of the U.S. state of Arkansas, along I-40 about 13 miles from the Oklahoma border (So, could be looking for Oklahoma predator)
city has a total area of 5.0 square miles
Interstates 40 and 540, as well as U.S. Routes 64 and 71, pass through the city.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,160 people
7. It is unknown to the Director of her foundation that there may be a person in custody per Addicted's post on this website, so that has not been confirmed.
8. The vehicle MAY have had Arkansas plates. This is not a fact.

Not a whole lot, but it does make me wonder about the vehicle. If this is a small town of roughly 4000 people, a strange man, with a vehicle that sticks out like a sore thumb was unfindable? The vehicle alone says, "Look at me". It makes me wonder about the accuracy of the witnesses description of the vehicle or if the two are even related.

What do you guys think?

The GREAT thing is - the victim in this most recent case GOT AWAY and gave police enough info to get the perp. He is in custody. And you are VERY right - this was not his first rodeo by any means. In fact, he was convicted and jailed for kidnapping a young girl in another state just 4 months after Morgan disappeared.

What happened with Absolutely Addicted's mention of a possibly linked case? I did some Googling and could only find one recent-ish case that sounded vaguely like what Absolutely Addicted mentioned.

I don't know what happened with what ab Addicted said...and they haven't been back on this thread.
That's not exactly a good thing to drop and then disappear! so if you're still out there Ab Addict, let us know..

I am trying to find the link to what the above poster is talking about. There was an arrest of a man in arkansas a month ago. He was arrested for a crime in Texas of a rape and attempted murder of a 8 year old(around that age). I think her name is Jennifer? She was found by a group of children I believe. I have seen her story on this board.
Anyways, he was convicted of a crime in arkansas 4 months after Morgan was kidnapped. He currently lives in Arkansas also. I did compare photos and do believe they could be the same person.

I am glad we were able to clear up about the laundry mat. I never saw on the local news that it was a custody battle. That would have been helpful to know back then.

Here you go. Local article about the arrest of Dennis Bradford. This is what I believe the PP what talking about although I can't find how she/he knew the make of the car because I can't find that anywhere. It was one of the 1st things I tried finding out when he was arrested. http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=92568
Jennifer's rape was in 1990. Then he attacked a lady in Hot springs in 1996 and his DNA was taken then. I can't find the date of the attack or arrest right now(for the AR) but it was within months of Morgan's abduction. Hot Springs would take about a 3 hour drive from Alma.

Oh I am so glad you found this!

dennis-earl-bradford.jpg

bradford

composite.gif

morgan nick suspect composite

From what I can find, the kidnapping of the woman in ARkansas was in 1996, he kidnapped, raped, and cut her throat. He was sentenced in 1997 to 12 years in prison, but was released after 3!! The jury acquitted him of the rape?!

http://crimevictimsmediareport.com/?cat=94

I was also looking at the possibility of Joseph Duncan for Morgan also..he was out and about in 1995, and he had 2 sisters that he visited. One in Enid Oklahoma, the other in Kansas City...both straight shots from Alma...

PG-Duncan-mugshot.jpg

PG-Duncan-arrested.jpg

joseph duncan

I don't think AA could have been referring to Dennis Bradford. I remember from the AMW brief that Bradford drove an older-looking blue car, whereas the Morgan Nick suspect's vehicle is described as:
What is the official description of car that is on record for being wanted in connection with Morgans abduction? Red Ford pickup with a white camper. The camper is possibly damaged at the right rear, and was described as four or five inches too short for the truck, which has a short wheel base and paint dulled by age. The truck is believed to have Arkansas license plates.
I'd be glad to be wrong, though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho