WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean at times he is not? Guess I'll let that one go because if I said 'Boobies up' to the girls it would mean 'let's go for it'.

Wow...took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.....TYPO.....I think it's the busted finger causing it...

DD:banghead:

http://www.execucite.com/discussion/message-email?message_id=156880

Three quarters of the way down the page you will see Lindsey's name. Can someone tell me what this is? I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it.
It's a dead link, if you hit it, it goes nowhere.

I'm not 100% positive how it works, but from looking at it and others, they all have the same last part, such as kererterr.net and yeyytuuu.net and they all have headline keywords in front of them (such as Billy Mays death, Jackson memorial, etc.), things people would search, or news topics, article headlines, hot topics/keywords. The links aren't accessible so they are just like a keyword grabber type thing.

First post was from RoseWhite about a strange message... then this post from SarahC referencing 4chan.
The anonymous comment on the guestbook of findlindseybaum.com blog gave coordinates and stated that the coordinates initially came from a post on 4chan. No other real info given.

This could have been a cruel prank but of course needs to be checked out, sounds like LE is doing so.

I wish I knew exactly where this information was posted on 4chan. I really don't want to go clicking on everything over there to find it.

It's not exactly a place I want my laptop exposed to. lol
The initial anonymous comment on the LB blog guestbook stated that the coodinates came from a post on 4chan. No specific url was given.

So the comment on the LB guestbook could be a prank, there might not even be anything on 4chan. Or there could be something on 4chan and it is a prank. Or any combination - including something that could be a real tip.

4chan is huge and I myself won't go past the first page, even the first page can have gross stuff on it. I did try a google search on the site and nothing came up. But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. And there might not even be anything there to find.

Perhaps LE thinks that Lindsey may have been taken over the border to Canada. I believe she lives much closer to the border than other missing U.S. children who are not on Interpol.

Just a thought.

Perhaps LE thinks that Lindsey may have been taken over the border to Canada. I believe she lives much closer to the border than other missing U.S. children who are not on Interpol.

Just a thought.

I'm inclined to agree. INTERPOL normally posts cases that are believed to be international cases, or cases that are believed to be related to trafficking.
It can also indicate that Lindseys picture brought back a hit from ICAID.
I just did the whole INTERPOL thing on a different case, so their info is still fresh in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track292008
Perhaps LE thinks that Lindsey may have been taken over the border to Canada. I believe she lives much closer to the border than other missing U.S. children who are not on Interpol. Just a thought.

Or maybe they had a tip of even Mexico, etc.
Never the less I am thrilled that they are going to those lengths to find her.

Wow, wow,wow...I was just on that site last night...I googled Lindsey's name and 4chan and it popped up the notice for chilling effects. I just tried it again and this time it didn't pop it up. Found it in the cache http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=1161 this was the notice "A link to this page may have appeared in response to a search from which results were removed. This page does not mean that the search itself was unlawful. Sometimes, innocent search terms appear on pages that also contain unlawful material. The link indicates that those pages were removed from the search results. Chilling Effects does not have any information about what website was removed."
Yes this is the website! Just to reference I know this site from working with lost and forgotten teenage boys who have had parents or a parent arrested for internet crimes involving sex. Yes there are group therapies for everyting! (Please be a mentor to a teenage boy as they aren't men yet and need guidence to navigate life) If you found this message on Chilling Effects .org it would have first showed up (shorter version) in bold red letters across your computer when googling Lindsey's name saying this website has been removed due to internet child crimes and directs you to Chilling Effects the watch dogs! This isn't sounding good.... I continue to pray that photos of Lindsey have not been distributed. Those that know Lindsey's mom maybe could ask her if she was aware of the date that Lindsey's request by FBI was sent to Interpol. Wouldn't it be helpful to know how many hard drives have been removed in McCleary? If this case involves this type of crime (chilling effects must have saw something!) I'll be laid out as Lindsey's case got me away from volunteering in that arena. I might have to put my boots back on!

I am with you Kagey and know what you are saying about the photographica. Lindsey could be on InterPol for a number of reasons ... but InterPol do not just willy nilly put a child on their site - it is not like a random draw from the hundreds of thousands of children missing around the world to get put on the InterPol site. Something would have had to have been presented to InterPol to warrant Lindsey getting into one of the few hundred spaces - but what was presented? BTW the case numbers that are assigned by InterPol are in ascending order according to when they are added - this I believe to be true as the other case I was looking at tonight was just added to InterPol within the last 3 weeks. Okay, so the point I am making with the numbering schematic is this: Lindsey has been on InterPol for awhile now....just to cut to the chase.

Could it be the numbers under her picture on Interpol's site means she was added Oct, 2009:
BAUM Lindsey
F-810/10-2009

On a different person listed on there it showed 7-2009 and I did find confirmation elsewhere that it was in fact reported to Interpol in July.

Could it be the numbers under her picture on Interpol's site means she was added Oct, 2009:

On a different person listed on there it showed 7-2009 and I did find confirmation elsewhere that it was in fact reported to Interpol in July.

GOOD FIND, Jules!....I wonder what prompted the addition of her name at least three months after her disappearance.

Any theories?

I won't post the coordinates because there seems to be debate as to what should be posted. But the anonymous person posted the coordinates and said
A guy in a internet forum said these where the coordenates to where she is. The forum name is 4chan. And that someone should really check that out. They think its near your city.

That is all they wrote. They didn't say who posted on 4chan or where even on the site they saw it or what the context was.

Hope that clears up some questions.

GOOD FIND, Jules!....I wonder what prompted the addition of her name at least three months after her disappearance.

Any theories?
These are just theories comming what little we know to be true in the case. When the FBI started their investigation they may have found pictures of Lindsey on the net that were already posted or they found pics on someones hard drive that is part of the investigation. On a positive note maybe LE reqested this just to get her name out there.

I got the coordinates. Been out there to look at it and the road has a gate (that is locked). My husband and I went driving around in the logging roads to see if we could find another way to the location. No luck.

Lots of hunters and active logging out there so if anyone heads out trying to get to the location.. please be careful. Make sure you are dressed in some pretty bright orange clothing so the hunters can see you. :)

LE says no passing out flyers for a couple of weeks? Really? What's the reasoning behind that? Have any of our locals heard anything about this?

Thanks Onamission for the update.

The fact they want all search activity to stop after only 4 mos with the Fall weather now upon us is odd IMO. My first thought was they have learned something new that will not be augmented by handing out flyers or canvassing door to door.

I think it might be they might be to a point where they are close to making an arrest and don't want the perp/s spooked. I do know LE only puts out there what they want known and not what the real situation is to further their investigation.

It is the only thing I can think of for them to stop all searching for Lindsey except for the days hunters are out and about which would be understandable.

I think it might be they might be to a point where they are close to making an arrest and don't want the perp/s spooked. I do know LE only puts out there what they want known and not what the real situation is to further their investigation.

I hope and pray that is the case!!

It could be possible that they found her/or remains of a
child and know further searching is no longer needed.

I hope and pray that is the case!!

Me too Jules ;}

The other thought I have I'm trying to push down, but if they found pics of her on someone's puter or site that gave rise to the possibility she had been taken out of the area, it could be why the FBI contacted Interpol.

Two things tell me that would be a long shot tho. The FBI agent in charge of the case is a computer guru in this field so we read. Wouldn't you think they would have learned about this months ago?

Also we have read that white girls are seldom taken like this and it is the children from 3rd world countries that are so badly victimized in the sex trade business. Most are from Asia I think. Karen knows more about this than I do but I think it would be a tiny percentage of white girls that are ever taken out of the country to where Interpol would be looking for them. IMO

Wait now. JenniferO, can you clarify? I thought the searches were going to change but now you are saying even fliers aren't to be passed out in a door-to-door? Where is this info coming from? I haven't heard. Please inform. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr