Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every concert I've ever been to you can only purchase tickets outside the venue. If the concert was not sold out then I'm not sure why Morgan just didn't buy a new ticket at the outside ticket booth, or ask for her friends car keys so she could drive to a local McDonalds or something until the concert ended.
Morgan immediately suggested that she would go off to look for friends she knew in the area, and that is odd to me.
Again, how did Morgan know she could reach friends at that time of night to drive her back to her car in Harrisburg before the concert was out?
Why not just get the keys to the friends car that they all came in and drive somewhere wait for an hour and a half?

If I'm not mistaken those tickets were like $65 or something. At the door they were probably more too. So maybe thats why she didn't purchase another ticket.

Could be, but If she really wanted to seem them I'd think she would pay...or one of her friends could have.

Every concert I've ever been to you can only purchase tickets outside the venue. If the concert was not sold out then I'm not sure why Morgan just didn't buy a new ticket at the outside ticket booth, or ask for her friends car keys so she could drive to a local McDonalds or something until the concert ended.
Morgan immediately suggested that she would go off to look for friends she knew in the area, and that is odd to me.
Again, how did Morgan know she could reach friends at that time of night to drive her back to her car in Harrisburg before the concert was out?
Why not just get the keys to the friends car that they all came in and drive somewhere wait for an hour and a half?

Maybe Morgan tried to convince her friends to leave the concert since she couldn't get back inside. Maybe she asked for the car keys. Maybe her friends didn't want to leave. Maybe they thought if they thought they couldn't get the keys to her without leaving the arena. Maybe after all these maybe scenarios she got angry and said something along the lines of "fine, I'll find a ride home with other friends here in C'Ville." So many maybes....

Could be, but If she really wanted to seem them I'd think she would pay...or one of her friends could have.

Yeah I guess, but it could have been sold out. Metallica only came around here like every few years so....

Maybe Morgan tried to convince her friends to leave the concert since she couldn't get back inside. Maybe she asked for the car keys. Maybe her friends didn't want to leave. Maybe they thought if they thought they couldn't get the keys to her without leaving the arena. Maybe after all these maybe scenarios she got angry and said something along the lines of "fine, I'll find a ride home with other friends here in C'Ville." So many maybes....
Why would Morgan's friends refuse to bring her the keys in order for her to sit in the car out of the cold and wait for them? They could have easily met her at the door and handed them to her or passed them to security to hand to her.
Maybe she was drunk or high and they didn't want to give them to her?
The angry part sounds plausable too. A "Nevermind I have other friends here that will take me back" type of comment.

Wow, from looking at that map of the timeline it really tells a story. I don't believe that she dropped her purse in that parking lot and just kept walking toward the bridge. I could see someone spotting Morgan for the first time while she was walking through that RV lot, tailing her and abducting her sometime after she was on the bridge, then dumping her purse in the area where they initially saw her :( They could have been playing the good samaritan and offered to help her/give her a ride, even stating that it isn't safe for her to be walking alone like that at night.

If I'm not mistaken those tickets were like $65 or something. At the door they were probably more too. So maybe thats why she didn't purchase another ticket.

She may not have had the money to purchase another ticket. As previously stated in a newspaper article by her father; she had overdrafted her checking account by grocery shopping. Plans were made to go over her checking account with her father on Sunday.

Based on the timeline, I find it odd that Morgan would walk towards the railroad tracks.
But it is possible. Intoxicated and without a ticket, with a predator observing all this seems likely, I think LE is on it.

Wow, from looking at that map of the timeline it really tells a story. I don't believe that she dropped her purse in that parking lot and just kept walking toward the bridge. I could see someone spotting Morgan for the first time while she was walking through that RV lot, tailing her and abducting her sometime after she was on the bridge, then dumping her purse in the area where they initially saw her :( They could have been playing the good samaritan and offered to help her/give her a ride, even stating that it isn't safe for her to be walking alone like that at night.

It really does tell a story. Someone who knows the area said that bridge is VERY DARK at night.

She may not have had the money to purchase another ticket. As previously stated in a newspaper article by her father; she had overdrafted her checking account by grocery shopping. Plans were made to go over her checking account with her father on Sunday.

Thanks for that information, I missed it. Then I guess buying another ticket was pretty much out of the question.

Does anyone think she was walking back to the car they came in just to sit and wait?
Wonder where she was heading on foot moving away from the crowd and the arena all by herself.

Why would Morgan's friends refuse to bring her the keys in order for her to sit in the car out of the cold and wait for them? They could have easily met her at the door and handed them to her or passed them to security to hand to her.
Maybe she was drunk or high and they didn't want to give them to her?
The angry part sounds plausable too. A "Nevermind I have other friends here that will take me back" type of comment.

Makes sense about her "condition" and the friends not wanting her to have the car keys.

As I posted earlier today, I doubt her father would leave her "in the lurch" -- i.e., without money in her check/ATM card account -- especially over such a big weekend for her. I expect he put a good-sized transfer/deposit of cash into her account. Then, as we know, he and Morgan were going to have a talk on Sunday about her account. Alas, as we know, the talk never happened. JMO.

My point is: she could have been seeking to get cash from an ATM to buy another ticket -- maybe from a scalper.

Do we even know if JPJ arena has a ticket box office? TIA

Last night on Nancy Grace, Morgan's Mother, said "you know how kids are these days, they think everyone is a friend"..

So in light of this statement, and the way Morgan appeared to be wandering, maybe hypothetically Morgan met up with some guys hanging out in the RV parking lot and they asked her if she wanted to party.......and, 'you can hang out here, etc.' and they possibly raped and disposed of her...if they are following the band perhaps they could have been from out of state??

I missed this, too. May explain why she wanted to handle things herself and not call her folks for help ... but heading towards Ivy Rd instead of down the hill towards Emmet St and then towards the shopping center ...

If I knew I had to go over my checking account with my dad, I would have run away... just kidding, I hated those sessions when my dad did it with me and later when we had to do it with our kids ... totally off topic ...

I still wonder in which lot the car was parked ... was it the Lannigan lot or another lot in that direction (Ivy Rd parking garage ... stadium lots on Alderman) ...

As I posted earlier today, I doubt her father would leave her "in the lurch" -- i.e., without money in her check/ATM card account -- especially over such a big weekend for her. I expect he put a good-sized transfer/deposit of cash into her account. Then, as we know, he and Morgan were going to have a talk on Sunday about her account. Alas, as we know, the talk never happened. JMO.

My point is: she could have been seeking to get cash from an ATM to buy another ticket -- maybe from a scalper.

Do we even know if JPJ arena has a ticket box office? TIA

I totally agree with you, that is why I think her purse got stolen.

Last night on Nancy Grace, Morgan's Mother, said "you know how kids are these days, they think everyone is a friend"..

So in light of this statement, and the way Morgan appeared to be wandering, maybe hypothetically Morgan met up with some guys hanging out in the RV parking lot and they asked her if she wanted to party.......and, 'you can hang out here, etc.' and they possibly raped and disposed of her...if they are following the band perhaps they could have been from out of state??

Maybe she knew someone within walking distance and she was heading to their house to wait for her friends?

Her parents may not know about anyone she knows in the area but her friends would know. They need to tell LE about *ANYONE* they know in the area. Even if they think they know the person well enough and they think the person would never do anything to hurt MH, they need to name everyone. It could even help provide a direction to look in, because she potentially got much further than we know so far.

Oh! OH! I have an idea! We keep discussing that Morgan should have just purchased another ticket to get in, right (assuming she had cash and/or plastic)?? But look - From the arena webpage:
Box Office: Event Day Hours Weekdays - 10am until showtime
Weekends - 4 Hours prior to event (subject to change)
It doesn't say what time the Box Office CLOSES during a weekend event, but it DOES say that, during a weekday event, it's only open until showtime!!

I just happened to think that, when I go to a theater for a play, the box office is only open until either A) last minute stragglers come in to buy their tickets or pick up will-call tickets or B) until intermission, when people can go to the box office to buy tickets for additional shows.

Metallica was the THIRD band to play on Saturday, Oct 17, so it seems pretty likely that the box office was closed by the time Morgan was looking to buy tickets supposedly just before the main event.

Thus, in her mind, she would have to deal with scalpers, OR be resigned to not going back in, OR be more likely to be lured to the load-in door to slip in backstage. She could have even been on her way to the back of the arena (outside) to see if she could fenagle her way in since the first two bands would probably already be loading out. Thus, she's out in the dark, rainy netherlands of the sides of the arena, making her way to the load-in, load-out docks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicemiddleton