Phillip Garrido- prior offenses and background information

Posted: 1:11 pm PDT September 7, 2009
SAN FRANCISCO -- Attending high school in a rural suburb east of San Francisco, Phillip Garrido stood apart from the crowd that studied hard, played sports, basked in popularity and set sights on college. Feeling the drumbeat of the 1960s San Francisco acid rock scene, he was one of the first to let his hair grow long and to smoke marijuana. "He was in the background, not one of the most popular," recalled former classmate Steve Lucchesi. "I thought he was weird, but not that weird... I'm not sure if he was high all the time or saw things differently. But something went haywire." more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/20778278/detail.html

Bumping for BillyLee...

I am still trying to figure out why this parole violation information hasn't been made public. Shouldn't the arrest record, the prison facility he was in, etc., all be public???
Also, I'm findingit very curious that the federal bureau of prisons lists his name as Phillip Craig Garrido (below) and the El Dorado County court documents, list him as Phillip Greg Garrido, what's up with that?

According to the federal bureau of prisons Garrido was released from prison:

1. PHILLIP CRAIG GARRIDO 36377-136 58-White-M 08-31-1993 RELEASED

That appears to be the only public record I can find about the whole incident. Anyone else having better luck, like maybe where he was arrested, by which LE?

In a psychological evaluation after the first year of Garrido's sentence, psychologist J.B. Kiehlbauch wrote that Garrido had joined the Jehovah's Witnesses and became a fervent practitioner.
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-phillip-garrido5-2009sep05,0,3336769.story?page=3

Isn't Jehoveh's Witnesses a pretty strict religion? Somehow I just don't see how he made the connection between the religion and what he did.

This is actually a great article to revisit. I think the common theme with JW's is the patriarchal beliefs.

Also, I am reminded that Garrido not only claims he was using *advertiser censored*, but prostitutes. "God healed me from *advertiser censored* and prostitutes"

How brazen that he told others he and his wife just had a baby. Didn't anyone question Nancy having a baby?

Posted: 1:11 pm PDT September 7, 2009
SAN FRANCISCO -- Attending high school in a rural suburb east of San Francisco, Phillip Garrido stood apart from the crowd that studied hard, played sports, basked in popularity and set sights on college. Feeling the drumbeat of the 1960s San Francisco acid rock scene, he was one of the first to let his hair grow long and to smoke marijuana. "He was in the background, not one of the most popular," recalled former classmate Steve Lucchesi. "I thought he was weird, but not that weird... I'm not sure if he was high all the time or saw things differently. But something went haywire." more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/20778278/detail.html

Didn't go back to that article yet, but people are trying to figure out exactly what car Garrido was driving in high school. Maybe it mentions it here or someone else in his high school could be asked. Of course, I'm sure DMV records could be checked by LE to see if Garrido possibly is connected to other crimes where a blue vehicle was reported.

According to this artcle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/01/BANS19GU6D.DTL

In 1993 - two years after he allegedly kidnapped Dugard - Garrido violated his federal parole by possessing marijuana. He served a stint in prison from April to August that year.

Powell said her agency was never informed of the violation and instead kept getting positive reports from federal authorities.

"We could have revoked him," she said. "We definitely would have done something."

California took over Garrido's parole supervision in 1999. He didn't record a single violation, said state parole spokesman Gordon Hinkle.

Okay, Powell was a spokesperson for the Nevada Department of Public Safety. I would like to know who arrested him for the parole violation and where it occurred. Was it at his home by his parole officer? Was it a CHP doing a traffic violation? Was it even in CA, let alone Contra Costa County? Where is this information and why isn't it public? This could give us more information about what PG was up to in 1993. Obviously, he hadn't "found his religion and turned his life around" yet, because he was still smokin' dope. Wouldn't that be the year he impregnated Jaycee with her oldest daughter? Was also selling drugs, was he transporting? This info has to be out there somewhere, right? Somebody arrested this guy, I think the reporters oughta' be all over this.

garecht_abductor2.jpg
garrido1988.jpg

I'm not saying that pg didn't kidnap Michaela, however, as I have listed other places, look at the resemblance between Michaelas kidnapper and Johnny Gosch's kidnapper.

http://www.johnnygosch.com/

I'm not saying that pg didn't kidnap Michaela, however, as I have listed other places, look at the resemblance between Michaelas kidnapper and Johnny Gosch's kidnapper.

http://www.johnnygosch.com/

I've noticed this before and I've seen it mentioned. They are exactly the same. Johnny's story is very interesting but a very, very tangled web. Many layers and the deeper you go, the more perplexed you become.

I've noticed this before and I've seen it mentioned. They are exactly the same. Johnny's story is very interesting but a very, very tangled web. Many layers and the deeper you go, the more perplexed you become.

But what I find interesting is that the Hayward PD has told Dr. Doogie there is no connection and if pg gets ruled out, they "may" pursue the lead.

That's for sure! I doubt the Garrido case would lead to anything similar to Johnny Gosch's story, but I sometimes wonder, especially with the Molino's involvement with PG.

But what I find interesting is that the Hayward PD has told Dr. Doogie there is no connection and if pg gets ruled out, they "may" pursue the lead.

I'd assume then that they must know something that we don't, yes?

This is actually a great article to revisit. I think the common theme with JW's is the patriarchal beliefs.

Also, I am reminded that Garrido not only claims he was using *advertiser censored*, but prostitutes. "God healed me from *advertiser censored* and prostitutes"

How brazen that he told others he and his wife just had a baby. Didn't anyone question Nancy having a baby?

Or didn't they question that the baby looked more like pg's daughter, from another mother. then like nancy? Or did he tell everyone the story of the girls being from former lovers....which would have occured while he was still married to nancy and apparantly she forgave him for repeatedly. Hello!!??!!

Or didn't they question that the baby looked more like pg's daughter, from another mother. then like nancy? Or did he tell everyone the story of the girls being from former lovers....which would have occured while he was still married to nancy and apparantly she forgave him for repeatedly. Hello!!??!!

You have to wonder about Patricia. Manuel said she told him that in high school Phillip had a habit of looking for virgins to bring home and defrock. Maybe he said an obsession.

"Perreira, now Christine Murphy, has said since Garrido's arrest that their 1973 marriage turned ugly not long after they eloped from Brentwood, with him beating her and denying rumors that he had raped a girl in high school. "He tried to gouge my eyes out," she told a TV reporter."

I thought he was older than high school when he drugged and raped the girl from the library. Could this be another rape?

Interesting article from back near the start of the investigation. Here's a quote I hadn't heard before, "It's such a terrible shame," said deli owner Lindsey. "The Garridos were always a respectable family here in Brentwood.

"You just never know, do you?"

Antioch police Lt. Leonard Orman told reporters at a news conference that the victim and a friend met then-21-year-old Garrido and another man near the public library on West 18th Street, CBS station KPIX-TV reported.

Orman said Garrido allegedly gave the girl barbiturates and then took her to an Antioch motel, where she was given more drugs and eventually blacked out.

He said when the girl awoke she was being sexually assaulted by Garrido.

Authorities said Garrido was set to be prosecuted in the case but that the charges were later dropped when the victim refused to testify in the case.

The victim in the case, now an adult who authorities said does not want to be publicly identified, called Antioch police after Garrido's arrest to alert them to her case.

Orman said the woman wanted to be sure that police knew Garrido may have had multiple incidents involving attacks against girls and women.

Antioch police urged any other possible victims of past attacks to come forward.

http://cbs5.com/national/phillip.garrido.antioch.2.1162780.html

"He was arrested in 1972 on suspicion of drugging and raping a 14-year-old girl in Antioch, a case dropped after the victim declined to testify."

http://cbs5.com/national/phillip.garrdio.classmates.2.1168944.html

Garrido graduated from high school in 1969

I think the article is saying the girl was in high school? But barely at 14?

LOL Now I see that. Boy, I shouldn't post when I have a fever!

So, he lived in Reno at the time and went back to Antioch to rape this girl. Probably visiting good ol' Mom and Dad.

LOL Now I see that. Boy, I shouldn't post when I have a fever!

So, he lived in Reno at the time and went back to Antioch to rape this girl. Probably visiting good ol' Mom and Dad.

I didn't realize that either. I wonder if his wife then knew the girl was only 14? And, there were two other people who must have known he left with her.

Hope you feel better soon

PG was under CA parole supervision since 1999. There were no reported violation. I wonder why they went so many years without putting a GPS device on him and then finally decided to do so in 2007?
Were they suspicious of something? Was he not home when they tried to reach him? Wasn't that the time that the customers started saying he started acting goofy? I'm anxious to see the parole investigation report!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back