October 29 preliminary hearing

A few links.

http://www.kcra.com/news/21462329/detail.html

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/3688/reftab/536/t/Couple%20Charged%20in%20Jaycee%20Dugard%20Case%20Appear%20in%20Court/Default.aspx

http://www.ksbw.com/news/21464572/detail.html

I don't get why bio-dad is present either. Even if it's because he's other kids have said they'd like to meet their half-sister. I gather he only found out about JC in 1991 when she was kidnapped but does anybody know if he told he's other kids about JC or did they only become aware of JC a couple of months back when all this came out?

I had to edit when I read this just now:
"Is it ever too late to be a father?" said Slayton, who is married and has two other daughters. "I am here because Jaycee Lee Dugard needs a father. She needs a masculine role model."

What the? I think he could do with a role model himself. How about Carl Probyn? If anybody has the right to be called her father it's him.

Another comment:
"Hopefully, in a short period of time, I get to see Jaycee,"
Why a short period of time?

I can't believe that her bio father showed up, with Gloria Allred! What a loser. Trying to turn the focus to him.

BBM

So, if that's what you think about KS, is that also what you think KC was doing by showing up, too? Because I get the feeling that they BOTH attended the hearing to show support for JC and girls, JMO. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm pretty sure that if all KS wanted was media attention, he wouldn't have to go to P&NG's prelim hearings to get it. He could get the media's attention anytime, anywhere, given the size of the story and the media's need for new news about it. This is why I don't think he was "trying to turn the focus on him." Again, JMO.

KC is another woman, like JC, with a wonderful spirit. An inspiration to all. Bless her.

I was at the hearing today and ended up sitting next to Bio-Dad and Gloria "Satan's Spawn" Allred. Afterwards, I offered a dollar to anyone in the media horde who would trip Gloria as she left the courthouse. :innocent:

I suspect that Allred was happy once Phillip and Nancy entered the court - she was then only the third-most evil person in the room.

Hi, Doogie. Thank you for being there today.

I have to disagree with you, though. Gloria may be alot of things, but I have been thinking about it and I think KS hired GA less for himself and more for JC. Because when it comes down to it, when you are a woman that has had your rights violated so severely for so many years, like JC, who better to have on your side than a feminist lawyer that gets shhhhh done, like GA? If he is able to become a part of JC and the girls' lives, I'm pretty sure he would make sure they're taken care of, including access to his legal team. And, really, can JC have too many on her legal team? I think not. You may see dollar signs or whatever in GA's eyes, but I see a pitbull ready to tear the throat out of anyone that would brutalize an innocent child/woman like the Garridos did to JC. JMO ( I would've tripped her for 10bux for ya, though,just for kicks. Not for only a buck! JK!:angel: )

>snipped<
I don't get why bio-dad is present either. Even if it's because he's other kids have said they'd like to meet their half-sister. I gather he only found out about JC in 1991 when she was kidnapped but does anybody know if he told he's other kids about JC or did they only become aware of JC a couple of months back when all this came out?

Thank you for the links, Jake.

Did anyone else notice how PG doesn't even look at NG but she is obviously dying for even just a hint of attention from him? He barely offers her a glance. At least, from what little bit I saw. I hope that makes her feel even more like the mush that she really is. Sadly, it only expands his already mutated ego. Typical megalomaniac.

Also, KS knew about JC before she was abducted and has said as much. He just didn't have contact with Terry and JC for whatever reasons. Yes, some of his kids knew about JC, one is quoted as saying "we thought she was dead", another has said he didn't know about her until his sister called and told him after JC's rescue. KS has a son and a daughter from his first marriage and the 2 daughters from his current marriage, all are adults..... There are 2 threads dedicated to the whole escapade surrounding KS. I can bump for you, Jake, if it hasn't already been done. His heart is clearly aching. Lets not start another demonize JC's bio dad campaign, please. He's not the assailant here, not even close.

I LOVE KATIE CALLOWAY!! So beautiful, such composure. You can clearly see her fire. She needs our prayers, too, right now.

Hi, Doogie. Thank you for being there today.

I have to disagree with you, though. Gloria may be alot of things, but I have been thinking about it and I think KS hired GA less for himself and more for JC. Because when it comes down to it, when you are a woman that has had your rights violated so severely for so many years, like JC, who better to have on your side than a feminist lawyer that gets shhhhh done, like GA? If he is able to become a part of JC and the girls' lives, I'm pretty sure he would make sure they're taken care of, including access to his legal team. And, really, can JC have too many on her legal team? I think not. You may see dollar signs or whatever in GA's eyes, but I see a pitbull ready to tear the throat out of anyone that would brutalize an innocent child/woman like the Garridos did to JC. JMO ( I would've tripped her for 10bux for ya, though,just for kicks. Not for only a buck! JK!:angel: )

Tizzle.. I think I have to disagree here.. It's such a complicated matter. What really disturbs me (I know its been mentioned before in other threads) is that I think the best thing and the most respectful thing for him to have done is to have stayed in the background while the recovery and healing process of Jaycee and her immediate family get under way.
The fact that he came out with Gloria Allred at a press conference with the big announcement of wanting contact with a daughter(who he didn't know for whatever the reasons) that was basically raped and held captive for 18 years was so incredibly unseemly it was beyond belief when I saw that press conference. Here this woman and her two daughters have been through the most horrific thing imaginable and Gloria Allred ..the supposed feminist helping women..I felt was basically exploiting the situation
I would think if he was so distressed and adamant about being in her life then he could have approached Jaycee's family without the media glare. Jaycee deserved a quiet low key healing process with her mother, her aunt and her sister Shayna and the counselors.
The fact that they showed up at today's hearing is yet again just a gross display of selfishness.
I mean how long has Jaycee been out of captivity? A few months.
Once again.. I just think a really horrible display by Gloria Allred... Jaycee has enough on her plate in terms of reconnecting with her immediate family. Shame on Gloria Allred and I have to say shame on KS for doing this in the media . I am sure there were other ways. And shame on him for not WAITING..
It's just all way too soon..
Also, Imagine Terry .. reuniting with her daughter and new grandchildren and trying to get through all that.. and then to see on tv in a full press conference..KS and Gloria Allred basically intruding into her new world. I would have to think that Terry was probably quite upset to say the least. Seemed like a gross invasion of their families space.
I know some will disagree with me on this and I do see what you are saying Tizzle. but the press conferences and the public displays just ruin it for me.

On a separate note.. I think I read something where Carl Probyn had said that he told Terry(after Jaycee was found) that he didn't want KS in their lives because KS had made life miserable for Carl because they hired investigators to look at Carl. He said it went on for years.
So that is a whole separate issue I guess.

>snipped<

On a separate note.. I think I read something where Carl Probyn had said that he told Terry(after Jaycee was found) that he didn't want KS in their lives because KS had made life miserable for Carl because they hired investigators to look at Carl. He said it went on for years.
So that is a whole separate issue I guess.

I was under the impression that it was Terry's family that hired investigators to look into Carl's possible involvement and that it was them that he didn't want a relationship with. I'm going to bed now but will find the link for you tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, can you provide a link where it's said that KS hired such investigators?

Tnx.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88321"]Jaycee's Bio dad - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I really hate that even pre-trials get delayed time and time again. I want to see our government take action to temper the rights of criminals to allow for the rights of the victims. I believe that there will be a delay in Jaycee and her daughters emotional healing process until the trial is complete. How do you live every day knowing that you are going to have to face the monsters that abused you for 18 years, yet not knowing when that will occur. Even though there will be vindication for the crimes suffered at their hands, the waiting for it to happen can be agonizing, I would imagine.

I am not saying we should go back to the days of lynching prisoners at the nearest tree, without their day in court, but lets not cater to their "rights" at the expense of the victims any longer!!

I will choose to believe that KS motives have Jaycee and her well being at heart, even though I think his methodology is at fault. If he was concerned for Jaycees legal needs, he could have retained GA to be available for Jaycee. He could have petitioned Terry personally about seeing/meeting Jaycee, rather than having private matters presented in a public forum. It almost seemed to be a vindictive proposal. We have no idea what attitude Ken had toward Terry when they were dating, or the circumstances of the dissolution of their relationship. Terry seems very level headed and had, I'm sure, very good reasons for not pursuing the relationship.

That having been said, I hope time will tell a story of continued emotional support and if KS is proven to be Jaycees father, financial aide, so that he can help heal any wounds or fill any emotional gaps that Jaycee may feel in regards to her parentage. I don't think either KS or Katie C. were grandstanding, as they both knew Jaycee wouldn't be at this trial. I think they were giving her support by letting Jaycee know they are in her corner, As for GA, yes she is a pitbull, but does she really need to be involved at this point? Or, would it be better for her to be behind the scenes, ready to jump in if she is needed? She does love her some publicity!

Dr. Doogie, I'm very happy you were there!

I agree, Sunnie, that all the delays are only prolonging JC and family's healing process. I posted in haste yesterday, regarding all the prelim and pre-prelim hearings and the cost to taxpayers, because it angered me. However, after seeing various statements being made about discovery and aqcuiring evidence and all the reasons for further delay, I kind of understand now. If they hurry up and get this over with, mistakes will surely be made and they may fail in their pursuit of bringing the G's to justice. It made me feel confident that the various LE departments involved are STILL investigating and gathering evidence. Otherwise, the defense teams would already have LE's discovery of evidence in their posession. Gellman, PG's attorney, says they have received nothing, so far. I'm glad the State of Cali v P&NG is taking their time to make sure they have all their ducks in a row. At least, that's how I see it now. Also, LE and the DA might still be investigating all possibilities of other vicitims and evidence of such before continuing the process, which has been one of our concerns.

I still feel that P&NG's rights should be revoked. But I also think that if that were to happen, other victims may never be discovered. Other families may never have closure. JMO

ETA: In the 1800's, these types of crimes were not tolerated by citizens. Back then, citizens would march into the jail, march the assailant to the center of town and hang them. I have seen an article written about one such occurance and will share it when I get home from work.

Happy Friday!

To be continued...

I understand what you are saying, but with Jaycee's testimony, the g's will be prosecuted and the state of CA will win. If Jaycee were not able, or was not willing to testify, that would be a different matter.

I definitely want prosecution attnys to have every duck lined up, ready to ruffle pg and ng's feathers! They need to be brought down and never to see the light of day again!

As for other victims, the worst serial murderers are tried for other crimes after they are convicted of one death. Just because they have charged the g's with crimes against Jaycee, will not prevent them from bringing additional charges against him or them, in the future.

I just hope that this trial takes place within the two years LE is estimating and does not linger for an even longer amount of time!!

I was at the hearing today and ended up sitting next to Bio-Dad and Gloria "Satan's Spawn" Allred. Afterwards, I offered a dollar to anyone in the media horde who would trip Gloria as she left the courthouse. :innocent:

I suspect that Allred was happy once Phillip and Nancy entered the court - she was then only the third-most evil person in the room.
You are a blessing...:beats: Great support for JC.
I wish I would have been there I would not take your dollar but I would have tripped him myself gladly.
Like I have said many times. He missed many opportunities to do the right thing, and the way he showed up on the scene with an attorney who is a media Ho is no sign of any thing but self gain, or lots of guilt that he may want to wash in the presence of ALL who want to see him clear his own conscience. I am not buying his motive as pure.

But I know that your motive was very pure.......:beats:

I understand what you are saying, but with Jaycee's testimony, the g's will be prosecuted and the state of CA will win. If Jaycee were not able, or was not willing to testify, that would be a different matter.

I definitely want prosecution attnys to have every duck lined up, ready to ruffle pg and ng's feathers! They need to be brought down and never to see the light of day again!

As for other victims, the worst serial murderers are tried for other crimes after they are convicted of one death. Just because they have charged the g's with crimes against Jaycee, will not prevent them from bringing additional charges against him or them, in the future.

I just hope that this trial takes place within the two years LE is estimating and does not linger for an even longer amount of time!!

thoughts on the 'hearing.......

i would believe more in ken's motives if his mouthpiece would shut up.

i really REALLY Hate that katie blames herself for what happened to jaycee. if katie hadnt tesitified in 76 and put garrido away in the first place, god knows how many more victims garrido would have had from 76 to 88!
katie did what she needed to do to keep him locked up, LE is the one that dropped the ball.

as a side note, if ken and gloria want a meeting with jaycee, did they notice jaycee's lawyer was in court?

Allred approached and had a discussion with JC's attorney before the hearing. Afterwards, he would not say what that conversation was about.

Allred approached and had a discussion with JC's attorney before the hearing. Afterwards, he would not say what that conversation was about.

going to assume she was trying to arrange a meeting.
woudlnt be suprised if we hear something one way or another soon then.

I was under the impression that it was Terry's family that hired investigators to look into Carl's possible involvement and that it was them that he didn't want a relationship with. I'm going to bed now but will find the link for you tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, can you provide a link where it's said that KS hired such investigators?

Tnx.

Tizzle... It was a couple of months ago that I recall Carl saying that. It was actually a video and the darn video seems to be gone now (although the picture caption remains).. Here is the long link ..

http://video.google.com/videosearch...arl+probyn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&start=10

and its the ninth video down where he was interviewed outside of his house. The caption reads as " Dugard's Stepfather Remembers Day Of Kidnapping "

If someone could maybe find that video.. that would be great because I would like to view it again to make sure what I remembered was correct. If he didn't say it there then it was somewhere else .. because I know I either saw it or read it somewhere but I am getting old and my memory is getting worse lol

imo ken slayton didnt care enough in 1991 to find out what happened to jaycee.

Tizzle... It was a couple of months ago that I recall Carl saying that. It was actually a video and the darn video seems to be gone now (although the picture caption remains).. Here is the long link ..

http://video.google.com/videosearch...arl+probyn&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&start=10

and its the ninth video down where he was interviewed outside of his house. The caption reads as " Dugard's Stepfather Remembers Day Of Kidnapping "

If someone could maybe find that video.. that would be great because I would like to view it again to make sure what I remembered was correct. If he didn't say it there then it was somewhere else .. because I know I either saw it or read it somewhere but I am getting old and my memory is getting worse lol

:angel: Let's go to this ^ thread.

You're right about them being able to bring charges against them in the future. I was just throwing thoughts around. Blind hope, maybe.

I agree with you that it would be great if they can get this done in a minimal amount of time, for JC and her family's sake. I'm just all for them getting every bit of evidence in place. They can't depend solely on JC's testimony because they don't know that she won't back out at the last minute. I'm not saying she will, but the DA knows it's always a possibility that a victim might decide at the last minute that they just aren't able to face their attacker or simply don't want to. It wouldn't be the first time or the last.

IMO, the longer JC waits to finally face them, the more ready she will be. (And hopefully pissed off! In a good way, of course, like ES was when she testified 6 years after her ordeal)

You're right about them being able to bring charges against them in the future. I was just throwing thoughts around. Blind hope, maybe.

I agree with you that it would be great if they can get this done in a minimal amount of time, for JC and her family's sake. I'm just all for them getting every bit of evidence in place. They can't depend solely on JC's testimony because they don't know that she won't back out at the last minute. I'm not saying she will, but the DA knows it's always a possibility that a victim might decide at the last minute that they just aren't able to face their attacker or simply don't want to. It wouldn't be the first time or the last.

IMO, the longer JC waits to finally face them, the more ready she will be. (And hopefully pissed off! In a good way, of course, like ES was when she testified 6 years after her ordeal)

I hope so!! Elizabeth Smart is a good example of righteous anger, in my honest opinion!! What a wonderful young woman she has become! Her parents are strong and supportive and Elizabeth has good allies in them!!

Jaycee is lucky in that respect also! She has Terry, her grandparents, Shayna, Carl and Aunt Tina, as well as many others, I am sure!!

allow me to put my rose colored glasses on again.
she will testify. she has a strength that none of can imagine. yes, it would be better if time passes to allow her to heal and fully come to terms with what has been done to her. but when the time comes she will be ready.

I hope so!! Elizabeth Smart is a good example of righteous anger, in my honest opinion!! What a wonderful young woman she has become! Her parents are strong and supportive and Elizabeth has good allies in them!!

Jaycee is lucky in that respect also! She has Terry, her grandparents, Shayna, Carl and Aunt Tina, as well as many others, I am sure!!

isnt it great that she has so many people around her who love and support her instead of people who use and abuse her for there own twisted purposes.......long overdue

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back