Roger Ellison and Jon Truscott Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm there too, Dream, and because of that, I think Shelenberger is too young as well.

Ok. He does look so much like Roger Ellison, but you are probably right about the age.
Zaha:
I want BK's identity to be discovered, as much as anyone on this thread.

But.
IMO: Roger Ellison is not BK.

And again, IMO,
I think BK is over 55 years old.
Maybe that is because I am a little over that age myself.

The things he has mentioned, etc., seem more in the over 55 and probably just about 60 generation.

I still think Benajman is Roger ....
-------------------------------------

I think LE have Roger Ellison's dna.
And we know that LE has BK's dna.

I would just say go ahead and call LE,
but I know WS does not want us wasting
LE's time or too many of us calling in.

We should probably have a consensus.
I think believe09 should weigh in here, as well as other posters.
See what they all think.?

If it means he is ruled out for sure, I'm for it even though I don't think it's him.

It would be purely for confirmation.
I don't think it would hurt anything to see..

I asked on Ellison's thread where the DNA is being held...for example, if it is in NCIC, it should be run against BK's automatically with a few exceptions. MtDNA for BK is not in a national database, at least the last I knew of it. Therefore, MtDNA needs to be compared sample to sample. If Roger's is in a state database, the comparison needs to be requested because it will not automatically run unless the state requests it's database to run against NCIC.

Clear as mud?

I think Rogers sister will know if Benjaman is Roger. I think this should be her choice.
I agree with what you said about wasting LE time, so, if Rogers sister feels he "might" be Roger.. then give them a call. If she feels he is not, then I guess there is no chance that Roger is Benjaman.

I asked on Ellison's thread where the DNA is being held...for example, if it is in NCIC, it should be run against BK's automatically with a few exceptions. MtDNA for BK is not in a national database, at least the last I knew of it. Therefore, MtDNA needs to be compared sample to sample. If Roger's is in a state database, the comparison needs to be requested because it will not automatically run unless the state requests it's database to run against NCIC.

Clear as mud?

OK, so Silver's answer was ..in the national. What does this mean?

OK, so Silver's answer was ..in the national. What does this mean?
Is Silver a sister or brother? If Silver is Rogers sister, the DNA is MtDNA and will need to be compared sample to sample. This means her LE needs to contact FBI Bill for a comparison to be done.

Is Silver a sister or brother? If Silver is Rogers sister, the DNA is MtDNA and will need to be compared sample to sample. This means her LE needs to contact FBI Bill for a comparison to be done.

It is my understanding Silver, is Rogers sister.

How can BK's DNA be put into the National database? Why isn't it there already?

It is my understanding Silver, is Rogers sister.

How can BK's DNA be put into the National database? Why isn't it there already?

BK's PRIMARY DNA is in CODIS which is a National Database.

I do not know why his mitochondrial DNA is not in a national database. It can be placed into one.

Hi, as much as we all would like to believe this could be Roger, there are too many dissimilarities in fact and description to believe that BK is Roger.

Hi, as much as we all would like to believe this could be Roger, there are too many dissimilarities in fact and description to believe that BK is Roger.

What are the dissimilarties and description?
We really know nothing about Bk (including age) and very little about Roger.

Here are some of things that are the same.

1. Eyes
2. Nose
3. Mouth
4. Both wear size 13 shoe.

Some say the following are not similar.

1. Ears (from photos)
2. Eyebrows ( BK's turn downward and Rogers are towards temple)
3. Age - ?? People's own opinion. Some think BK looks too old to be 46.5

What are the dissimilarties and description?
We really know nothing about Bk (including age) and very little about Roger.

Here are some of things that are the same.

1. Eyes
2. Nose
3. Mouth
4. Both wear size 13 shoe.

Some say the following are not similar.

1. Ears (from photos)
2. Eyebrows ( BK's turn downward and Rogers are towards temple)
3. Age - ?? People's own opinion. Some think BK looks too old to be 46.5

I think he could be Roger. I also think BK could be anywhere from early 40's to 60's. I am serious. I know several people around 45 that look (to me) like late fifties early sixties. People age differently. My DH is 52 but is frequently said by others to be 38 - 45. I think it is worth a thorough checking.

BK's PRIMARY DNA is in CODIS which is a National Database.

I do not know why his mitochondrial DNA is not in a national database. It can be placed into one.

Ok .. so mitchondrial DNA,, is that maternal DNA?

Where is Rogers DNA? I thought Silver said it was in National Database too? Does that mean BK DNA was ran with Silver DNA to compare alreadY?

Sorry, don't understand the difference..

Ok .. so mitchondrial DNA,, is that maternal DNA?

Where is Rogers DNA? I thought Silver said it was in National Database too? Does that mean BK DNA was ran with Silver DNA to compare alreadY?

Sorry, don't understand the difference..

Mitochondrial DNA is passed through the mother. Silver's mito DNA is in a national database, BK's is not. At least unless that has changed.

This DNA stuff is so confusing. I thought mito was primary DNA. What do majority of people get done--MDNA? So unless someone has the paternal DNA in CODIS, BK cannot be compared to them? . How common is it to have paternal in CODIS? Why would LE not have done Primary or paternal for Silver? So it is like comparing apples to oranges, not apples to apples? Wouldn't having BK's MDNA in CODIS open up a whole bunch of possibilities?

This DNA stuff is so confusing. I thought mito was primary DNA. What do majority of people get done--MDNA? So unless someone has the paternal DNA in CODIS, BK cannot be compared to them? . How common is it to have paternal in CODIS? Why would LE not have done Primary or paternal for Silver? So it is like comparing apples to oranges, not apples to apples? Wouldn't having BK's MDNA in CODIS open up a whole bunch of possibilities?

Good question.
I had a paternity test; not sure what DNA they took for that.
I wish there was a way to compare Benjaman's with mine.

LOL.. I am completley lost on this subject...

To me it means..maternal DNA links siblings that came form the same mother... has nothing to do with the father

The one that Bk has in the national data base is NOT maternal .. which means IF BK's siblings maternal DNA WAS there.. it would never show as a match cause BK has the wrong type there????

LOL.. I am completley lost on this subject...

To me it means..maternal DNA links siblings that came form the same mother... has nothing to do with the father

The one that Bk has in the national data base is NOT maternal .. which means IF BK's siblings maternal DNA WAS there.. it would never show as a match cause BK has the wrong type there????

Closer-BK would not show as a match for Silver/Roger because the DNA that belongs to BK (his exclusive) is a different kind from the DNA obtained from the mitochondria of Silver's cell.

MtDNA is less accurate than a primary DNA match...because it is part of the equation, but not everything. It shows a common maternal ancester.

The primary DNA is obtained from something that is just yours-your hair, bone, skin cell. MtDNA can be obtained from your sister, mother, aunt, female cousin and indicates a likelihood that you are related to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks