Katherine Calloway

Sunnie, I already posted that above, that it COULD have been the 14 year old he was referring to.

its possible, if the first victim he's referring to is the 14 year old, the second is either one of the victims listed above, or someone who never reported it and has either, since passed away, or is still afraid to come forward.

Sunnie, I already posted that above, that it COULD have been the 14 year old he was referring to.

Sorry Billylee, I guess I read too fast or am partially braindead as I am watching my two grandsons right now. My apologies.

You know in reading it again, there are similarities between Katie and the 14 year old, as they both started out in a positive way that became kidnappings. The 14 year old went for a ride, then Katie gave him a ride. Never thought of that before.

Sorry Billylee, I guess I read too fast or am partially braindead as I am watching my two grandsons right now. My apologies.

You know in reading it again, there are similarities between Katie and the 14 year old, as they both started out in a positive way that became kidnappings. The 14 year old went for a ride, then Katie gave him a ride. Never thought of that before.

and yet he drastically changed his pattern with jaycee.
nancy's influence maybe?

I thought of that also and it makes me think he decided that having an accomplice was a better way to get things done. Less risk. It's much easier to have a driver and a "grabber" then for one person to do it alone. This is a reason I don't think that other couple, can't remember their names, performed all the kidnappings/murders attributed to them. I think pg got the idea from them to use nancy.

Bye the way, what years were that other couple active?

I thought of that also and it makes me think he decided that having an accomplice was a better way to get things done. Less risk. It's much easier to have a driver and a "grabber" then for one person to do it alone. This is a reason I don't think that other couple, can't remember their names, performed all the kidnappings/murders attributed to them. I think pg got the idea from them to use nancy.

Bye the way, what years were that other couple active?

if you mean devaggio an michaud, early mid 90's to late 90's
there is even a book where they are mentioned as suspects in jaycee's case.

Well, to me anyway, the difference is that the 14 year old went there to actually meet 2 guys (one of them being Garrido), and even though it was her friend I guess who knew who they would be, they're intentions were to meet up with two guys.

Katie on the other hand, was just trying to be helpful and give a guy a ride. He then bound and gagged her. Apparently, that was not the case with the two 14 year olds. So, to me, Katie's situation was an "abduction/kidnapping" the 14 year old's was not. In fact if you look at his arrest for that, I don't think the word "kidnapping and abduction" are used. If I remember right, he was being held for rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Anyway, neither here nor there really. Because he COULD have been referring to her, but what if he was really referring to an abduction and rape situation like Katie's. I think it's truly amazing that Katie had the sense about her to even ask him if he'd done this before! Was she already thinking about other possible victims this guy had?
Anyway, the fact that she asked him. And the fact that she bothered to tell the police officer that in the report, tells me Katie herself believed he'd "done this" (abduction and rape) before. And if it really did happen, I'd sure like to be able to see Katie's effort not go wasted.

Well, to me anyway, the difference is that the 14 year old went there to actually meet 2 guys (one of them being Garrido), and even though it was her friend I guess who knew who they would be, they're intentions were to meet up with two guys.

Katie on the other hand, was just trying to be helpful and give a guy a ride. He then bound and gagged her. Apparently, that was not the case with the two 14 year olds. So, to me, Katie's situation was an "abduction/kidnapping" the 14 year old's was not. In fact if you look at his arrest for that, I don't think the word "kidnapping and abduction" are used. If I remember right, he was being held for rape and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Anyway, neither here nor there really. Because he COULD have been referring to her, but what if he was really referring to an abduction and rape situation like Katie's. I think it's truly amazing that Katie had the sense about her to even ask him if he'd done this before! Was she already thinking about other possible victims this guy had?
Anyway, the fact that she asked him. And the fact that she bothered to tell the police officer that in the report, tells me Katie herself believed he'd "done this" (abduction and rape) before. And if it really did happen, I'd sure like to be able to see Katie's effort not go wasted.

kateis efforts have already been wasted thanks to the parole board.
but i get what your saying.
i wonder why there was no false imprisonment charges for the 14 year old, she might have gotten in the car willingly, but he was then holding her against her will

To take it one step further, the 14 year old thought she was going with her friend to meet two boys right around their own age. It was said that they could not understand why she got into the car anyway, but they did.

After they went to garridos house/apt? and parted in a back yard shed (shiver of future horrors), he took the girl, who was not fully conscious, to a motel, where he raped her and held her there until her parents found her. The reports varied from the next afternoon to three days later. So unfortunately, they were both held against their will.

Katherine Callaway also stated that pg bragged about his previous crimes (YUCK) and that she had no doubt he was telling the truth. Which I see you mentioned above.

It does seem that Garrido was not adverse to involving others. We know he involved his first wife at least in his weird sexual escapades. He told Katie about others - but, yeah, maybe he was not going to let her go or the 14 year old, we don't know. He didn't let Jaycee go, but he had a place to permanently keep her. But why did he keep her? Was it that he made a deal with Nancy that she could have kids, born by someone else, if he could have his weird sexual perversions. At least for a while - Jaycee said he hadn't touched her in years, I suspect that is the same with Nancy which brings us back to one element of his MO. He said he liked nonconsensual sex. It could have lost it's thrill for him if any bonding occurred or just due to familiarity. He also seemed to want a woman or women around as mates (however weird he defined that) and probably as companions and helpers (work or foul play or both).

Would he have recognized there were limits to how much you can put one woman through? Maybe there were times he didn't and had to get rid of the evidence. The man is violent, we know he used a safety pin, a stun gun, handcuffs, drugs, and what else?

It makes you wonder what went on after he got out of prison and before Jaycee was kidnapped.

To get back to him getting others 'involved' he also sent those songs to his buddy (I think he sent them while he was in prison?). Risky behavior? Trying to in some round about way include the guy? Maybe I'm reaching, but he had already sort of included whoever the older guy was that met with those girls at the library. In fact, at some point the other girl and the guy had to know what he had done. The other guy had to have known it wasn't right to give 14 year olds drugs and take them to the shed or wherever. These guys had been out of high school for a while - who knows how old the second guy was. For all we know it was the other guy who arranged the meeting. Is there a reason the other girl did not tell her friend until they were almost to the library?

I guess a major point is that we might not really know what Garrido's range of MO's are. Maybe he didn't just like blondes. He obviously likes both girls and women. We know he seemed to have some fondness of sheds and storage areas... and motels? But maybe he raped and held women captive in those vans, then dumped their bodies. Maybe he did threaten or kill others because of other reasons like drugs or because they wouldn't go along with him. We know in addition to being a rapists, kidnapper, pedophile, violent, that he was also a thief and said himself he had some bent towards prostitutes. Maybe his sexual perversions have a much wider range or evolved into something else after he kidnapped Jaycee. And, maybe from way back he included either men or women as partners in crime. Maybe he went from coersion and holding against her will (14 year old) to trickery and kidnapping (Katie) to outright blantant abduction (Jaycee) to ....?

kateis efforts have already been wasted thanks to the parole board.
but i get what your saying.
i wonder why there was no false imprisonment charges for the 14 year old, she might have gotten in the car willingly, but he was then holding her against her will

that may have been one of the other charges also, I seem to remember there were 3.

I wonder if there is any possible DNA evidence from that murder? And, if anyone has contacted LVMPD about Garrido?

I don't believe there was dna evidence in 75. They probably still have her clothes, etc., (unless the body was found nude). Can you get dna off of a 34 year old piece of cloth?

Don't you think the LVPD would have been interested in Katie's statement back when she first gave it? Or do you think they wouldn't know? They'd certainly be aware by now, don't you think?

I don't believe there was dna evidence in 75. They probably still have her clothes, etc., (unless the body was found nude). Can you get dna off of a 34 year old piece of cloth?

Don't you think the LVPD would have been interested in Katie's statement back when she first gave it? Or do you think they wouldn't know? They'd certainly be aware by now, don't you think?

No DNA back then but some preserved evidence can be tested from way back now. Who knows if they perked their ears up in 1976 or if they are now.... if someone didn't read the news close enough, they might have missed it both times. I would hope that those investigating Garrido would contact them now.

I wonder if there is any possible DNA evidence from that murder? And, if anyone has contacted LVMPD about Garrido?

if there' is dna evidence, (unlikely from a 35 year old murder when dna evidence wasnt existant) let me say that you'd have a better chance of finding snowballs in hell then getting the vegas crime lab to test anything that isnt a priority

No DNA back then but some preserved evidence can be tested from way back now. Who knows if they perked their ears up in 1976 or if they are now.... if someone didn't read the news close enough, they might have missed it both times. I would hope that those investigating Garrido would contact them now.

we'll need fed involement to get the vegas pd or crime lab to act on anything.

This has been plastered over every news source in America and many around the world!! I would be hard to find anyone that hasn't seen at least one story featuring pg. I wonder how they will ever find a jury that can be impartial?

This has been plastered over every news source in America and many around the world!! I would be hard to find anyone that hasn't seen at least one story featuring pg. I wonder how they will ever find a jury that can be impartial?

garrido will probably ask to be tried in anitoch (sp?) likelyhood being he'd get at least one of his buddies on the jury.

garrido will probably ask to be tried in anitoch (sp?) likelyhood being he'd get at least one of his buddies on the jury.

No court here. He would have to go to Martinez, the county seat. And don't say that!!! :furious: (jk)

No court here. He would have to go to Martinez, the county seat. And don't say that!!! :furious: (jk)

my biggest fear is that the police and feds didnt dot every i and cross every t.......and some technicality is gonna bite us in the rear end.

if there' is dna evidence, (unlikely from a 35 year old murder when dna evidence wasnt existant) let me say that you'd have a better chance of finding snowballs in hell then getting the vegas crime lab to test anything that isnt a priority

DNA evidence has always existed, they just didn't have the DNA tests. It is unlikely but there have been cases where they were able to test evidence and get a profile, particularly if the evidence is preserved well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back