FL - Shannon Dedrick, 7 mo., Chipley, 31 Oct 2009 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would feel grateful for every person doing whatever they can to bring my kid home...if that meant indicating me, great, the sooner I can be cleared, the better. Since SHannon's thread in the astrology forum is based on info here, there is no issue with mentioning it.
thanks for saying the above! I couldn't respond... I would have had a time out for a looooong time...

EastCoast, thank you for being so vigilant and having such a great memory. If it had not been for you recalling little Paul Baker, we would likely not have made the connection.

I went to bed last night with a very large weight lifted from my heart knowing that the phone call to the Sheriff's office and emails that I sent likely would make a difference in finding little Shannon.

I want to thank everyone here for encouraging me to send along the information that EastCoast uncovered for us.

Since the beginning, I have not felt that the parents were involved in her disappearance.

Now, I am praying for her safe return to her family.

:grouphug: We all Thank you Cleo!

EastCoast, thank you for being so vigilant and having such a great memory. If it had not been for you recalling little Paul Baker, we would likely not have made the connection.

I went to bed last night with a very large weight lifted from my heart knowing that the phone call to the Sheriff's office and emails that I sent likely would make a difference in finding little Shannon.

I want to thank everyone here for encouraging me to send along the information that EastCoast uncovered for us.

Since the beginning, I have not felt that the parents were involved in her disappearance.

Now, I am praying for her safe return to her family.

And an extra big one from me to both you and EastCoast
3D_emoticon_245.gif

I check with state of fl, sb is not a paralegal. but we all knew that any way.

Where does sb live? street name is all i need

I check with state of fl, sb is not a paralegal. but we all knew that any way.

Where does sb live? street name is all i need

3395 Orange Hill Rd, Chipley, FL 32428

Yes, search her name, and then "Chipley , Flevoland" and it'll be the first one in the results

Your right, there is nothing about a baby. I see that she has a sister though, and the sister has a baby even though her last name is different she could have gotten married since then.

Now that I started thinking about it more, we have heard from mom's family but not from dads side. Is SB related to the father of this child. I have found other Dedricks in Chipley FL. And what about SB's husband...if he was a part of Pauls dissapearance it would stand to reason that he could be involved with Shannons as well. IMO

Person posting here and the grandmother headed to FL are mom's side. SB and tab are dad's side.

Thinking out loud!
Why would LE surround SB's house? Why not just knock on the door and ask to talk to her.
There must be more concern for that house/area than what is being said.
For S.C. LE sending one of their own down there has to be more than just a suspicion of POI.
Just thinking....

All true pinkpuddytat - but here at WS, we all do our best to protect the identity of minors (especially innocent minors which have not been shown to be connected to a case) which includes reducing their names to initials or asteriks. It is kind of an unwritten rule. We are all concerned about the protection of children.

I totally understand that, and it's a very good policy for information that isn't already out in the media. I was just pointing out that once DCF had released the letter with her name in it, it didn't make much sense to be truncating the name any more.

And I do think (per my posts re the astrology-based aspersions) that it would also be good to have a policy of heightened sensitivity re mentally disabled adults who are caught up in one of these awful situations. We haven't had the opportunity to hear one word from either of these parents about their baby daughter's disappearance, and I don't think that's by their free and independent choice. I think it's basically for the reason that we haven't heard from Erica, defending herself against SB's accusations that she shook baby Shannon and smoked cigarettes and drugs in the same room with the baby. Minors simply aren't allowed to have that kind of communication with the media re a criminal investigation, any more than mentally disabled adults are.

That sounds really odd. They shouldn't do that if the minor (Shannon) is possibly still alive.

If parents signed waivers, could that make it possible? I know here, you have to sign a waiver for copies of your record to be made public, is it different in other areas?Otherwise, that's breaking some major rules, IIRC.

I'm actually asking, since you have the official source to ask.

I'm going to the basement before I get a TO!! BBL

Here is the letter for those who haven't seen it yet:

The following letter was provided by Florida Department of Children and Families:

"Mr Governor Crist,

I want to tell you something, there is four people living together. They
are not working nor are they doing any kind of community serves. But they are drawing food stamps. They take there food stamps and trade them for drugs.

Please Help this child she is mentaly challenged. It is not right that these
people are selling their food stamps for drugs.

My husband works 58 hrs a week for us to live and it makes me very angry to see these people sitting on their back sides and draining the system that is put in place for the needy, Not the lazy.

Please do something about this unjustice and Please
Please save that child."

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/69127747.html

I wonder if this rambling about drug is related to the blog post on her myspace where she posts a memo about a drug bust in Chipley and circles one person's name without providing any explanation?

Locals- Has there been any update about SB's house being surrounded yet? That last update was at 12:45 CT, so it's been two hours. Surely something should have happened by now?

orb4, we can't link 'em, hint at 'em, or copy/paste from 'em.
Edit the obit, please.

(Don't hate me, I'm trying to keep Shannons forum open.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288