Roger Ellison and Jon Truscott Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer-BK would not show as a match for Silver/Roger because the DNA that belongs to BK (his exclusive) is a different kind from the DNA obtained from the mitochondria of Silver's cell.

MtDNA is less accurate than a primary DNA match...because it is part of the equation, but not everything. It shows a common maternal ancester.

The primary DNA is obtained from something that is just yours-your hair, bone, skin cell. MtDNA can be obtained from your sister, mother, aunt, female cousin and indicates a likelihood that you are related to someone else.

So then shouldn't BK get MtDNA sample off to the National Database then?

So, does anyone know if Roger and Benjaman's DNA are going to be compared? Do I give up onthe thought that Roger might be Banjaman, as there was no response from Silver (Rogers sister) ... sorry, but I just don't want to waste time looking into this possibility if they will not be compared...

Maybe she is out of town or something. It is not necessarily her responsibility to compare DNA anyway--usually one of us calls LE and inquires about it. So many people said that there is no way that BK could be Roger, so I did not contact LE, but if you feel strongly about it, you can contact them. Nothing is ever a waste here. :blowkiss:
So, does anyone know if Roger and Benjaman's DNA are going to be compared? Do I give up onthe thought that Roger might be Banjaman, as there was no response from Silver (Rogers sister) ... sorry, but I just don't want to waste time looking into this possibility if they will not be compared...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627