Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be really accurate, the sample was yellow with a cloudy/murky appearance. :innocent:
I thought that was the urine smelling substance? from the vehicle? and on that note, where in the world did they find a urine like substance IN the vehicle? That IS a new one on me...:waitasec:

She seems to be tracking what is on the forensic shows. She could have purchased it but that would be trackable. So to make it or to steal it -- that may be the question.

One of the doctors on Nancy Grace last week said that it isn't that hard to make. It also doesn't take that long. I wonder if she could have made it up while at the home of one of her boyfriends while he was at school or work? Or if George and Cindy were both gone to work and Casey knew what time they would be getting home she would have made it at home. Lee also works so she probably would have had an empty house for hours at some point. However she did it, she got ahold of some and put her baby girl to sleep for ever.

I'm just thinking that locating it and stealing it would be an improbable jackpot... (the tattoo was after she killed Caylee).. it's not that readily available to steal. It would be way easier to make it in comparison.

Wasn't her first tattoo. She also hung out there/visited several times when not there for a tattoo.

Not disagreeing, just putting other possible scenarios out there.

I'm not married to any one specific theory, but I am casually dating several.

I'm pretty sure this (the syringe, toilet paper roll, bottle) was someone's discarded drug paraphernalia. I've been researching it and apparently empty toilet paper rolls are often used as pipes for smoking pot (called a "steamboat") or heroin and just about any other drug you can think of that is smokeable.

Since we know that heroin is both injected and smoked ("chasing the dragon", it stands to reason the syringe and toilet paper roll could've been used for that. From what I've read, many drugs are both smoked and injected: meth, cocaine/crack, heroin. Of, course someone could have been injecting one drug and smoking another. Or, it could have been two people, one smoking, one injecting. Steroids (testosterone) are also injected, obviously.

Due to the combination of the syringe and the empty toilet paper roll, I'm beginning to think this was unrelated to whatever happened to Caylee. I think someone just dumped this little bundle after using drugs. It could have been KC, but just as likely, if not more likely, someone else unrelated to the case.

Here are some links that discuss drug users practice of both injecting (the syringe) and smoking with pipes made from toilet paper rolls.

---from the urban dictionary:

Steamboat 5 up, 29 down
get this on a mug
Inhaling marijuana smoke trapped in a toilet paper roll or similar device.
Luke: Hey, get that toilet paper roll out of the garbage for me.

Suzzy: What for .. ?

Luke: Trust me ~ you'll love this. I'm gonna give u a steamboat.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steamboat

---1st post, 2nd paragraph at
http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/other-psychotropics/10589-i-just-bought-heroin-first.html

---under section entitled "Pipes of any Type" at :
http://www.sacsconsulting.com/book/chapter5.htm

---2nd post in the "Comments" section at:
http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/d...itoring-sale-of-potential-drug-paraphernalia/

---under section entitled "How to Smoke Heroin" at:
http://www.heroindetoxrehab.com/heroin/how-to-take-heroin

---also, see entry for steamboat here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_kinds_of_weed

JMHO :twocents:

well to be really accurate it was a "whitish murky liquid" :) hehehe

But the liquid from the car was yellow.

ok, make me go run & get it - brb :) I know it is page 11641/11643, I just don't have link to the right file handy.

Smarty Pants.

Still need to find link & I was wrong on page number, but I noted all of this earlier:

The first tests - page 11527 (note I am not covering item 241):

• Had an odor consistent with cleaning fluids
  • FTIR Analysis - Individual sample analaysed by FTIR
  • Headspace GC/MS - individual sample mixed with 0.5ml negative Millipore control water, & Test mix solution lot #MPR09292008
  • see printout for results
  • Also had an odour consistent with cleaning fluids
  • cloudy & a yellowish oily-like liquid
  • FTIR - TWO samples were tested separately from 240.1.1
  • * yellow liquid
  • * murky/cloudy substance
  • See printouts for results
I forgot - were we debating 238.1 or 240.1.1?

Wasn't her first tattoo. She also hung out there/visited several times when not there for a tattoo.

Not disagreeing, just putting other possible scenarios out there.

I'm not married to any one specific theory, but I am casually dating several.

ThoughtElf, we are dating the same theories.

Go back to simplest is most likely. She had previous tats and friends in the biz right? And this is the easiest answer for where she could have gotten that substance. She does not strike me as one who would go out of her way to concoct a substance if she had fairly easy access in some other way. Concocting might have cut into her partying.

And I would like to add that in most of this case we are talking about trace evidence.
Except in the trunk and that was NOT trace, that was abnormally high levels of chloroform right there...yes-sir-re-bob...sure was. So trace for what we are discussing here in this thread, but NOT for the trunk. That was much more than trace.

Wow, I did it - got to the last page of this thread. I am very impressed with everyone's posts, whether I agreed or not. So much talent and caring out there. I had surgery months ago and have been out of the loop. But I'm back and aching to do something productive. Thank you all for a great journey.

ok, make me go run & get it - brb :) I know it is page 11641/11643, I just don't have link to the right file handy.

Smarty Pants.

Still need to find link & I was wrong on page number, but I noted all of this earlier:

• Headspace GC/MS - individual sample mixed with 0.5ml negative Millipore control water, & Test mix solution lot #MPR09292008
  • * yellow liquid
240.1.1 is from the plastic bag

Just my humble opinion...it's way too much of a coincicence that we have chloroform attached to Crasey...on her pc, in her car and in a bottle and syringe in a bag of trash located a few feet away from CA.
Even if Crasey didn't leave finger prints or DNA on the bottle and/or on the syringe...there may very well be something else in that bag that can link the syringe/bottle to Crasey or the Anthony home. Perhaps the knife was the same as the ones the Anthony's use in their home...and perhaps it was found in the bag as well. Or perhaps some of CA's clothing or a toy, blanket, bedding...etc. was also found in the bag...linking the stringe and bottle right back to Crasey.

I think it's interesting that long before Caylee's remains were found, LE was investigating chloroform, based on Casey's computer searches. Then when Caylee's remains were found, a Gatorade bottle containing chloroform and a syringe were found within a few feet of the remains. What are the chances of that being a mere coincidence?

Smarty Pants.

• * yellow liquid

That was actually the liquid from within the syringe, yes? 240.1.1

I'm pretty sure this (the syringe, toilet paper roll, bottle) was someone's discarded drug paraphernalia. I've been researching it and apparently empty toilet paper rolls are often used as pipes for smoking pot (called a "steamboat") or heroin and just about any other drug you can think of that is smokeable.

Since we know that heroin is both injected and smoked ("chasing the dragon", it stands to reason the syringe and toilet paper roll could've been used for that. From what I've read, many drugs are both smoked and injected: meth, cocaine/crack, heroin. Of, course someone could have been injecting one drug and smoking another. Or, it could have been two people, one smoking, one injecting. Steroids (testosterone) are also injected, obviously.

Due to the combination of the syringe and the empty toilet paper roll, I'm beginning to think this was unrelated to whatever happened to Caylee. I think someone just dumped this little bundle after using drugs. It could have been KC, but just as likely, if not more likely, someone else unrelated to the case.

Here are some links that discuss drug users practice of both injecting (the syringe) and smoking with pipes made from toilet paper rolls.

---from the urban dictionary:

Steamboat 5 up, 29 down
get this on a mug
Inhaling marijuana smoke trapped in a toilet paper roll or similar device.
Luke: Hey, get that toilet paper roll out of the garbage for me.

Suzzy: What for .. ?

Luke: Trust me ~ you'll love this. I'm gonna give u a steamboat.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=steamboat

---1st post, 2nd paragraph at
http://www.stonerforums.com/lounge/other-psychotropics/10589-i-just-bought-heroin-first.html

---under section entitled "Pipes of any Type" at :
http://www.sacsconsulting.com/book/chapter5.htm

---2nd post in the "Comments" section at:
http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/d...itoring-sale-of-potential-drug-paraphernalia/

---under section entitled "How to Smoke Heroin" at:
http://www.heroindetoxrehab.com/heroin/how-to-take-heroin

---also, see entry for steamboat here:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_kinds_of_weed

JMHO :twocents:
I posted something similar earlier and for now I am leaning towards this type of theory as well. Pipes are alos made out of the water bottles.

I was also thinking wasn't all this in flood waters? Lord only knows what some of this stuff would have been contaminated with, including the remains.

ThoughtElf, we are dating the same theories.

We are?!?! Why, that no-good, rotten, two-timing theory. Just wait until I get my hands on it... :wink:

Go back to simplest is most likely. She had previous tats and friends in the biz right? And this is the easiest answer for where she could have gotten that substance. She does not strike me as one who would go out of her way to concoct a substance if she had fairly easy access in some other way. Concocting might have cut into her partying.

Yet, up until I found out that theory was also dating you (which means they're likely dating others, too,) that would be the one I'd be most likely to take home to meet the folks.

Maybe this Disney bag of trash was left in the woods in 2007 or earlier. Do any of the reports say that it was placed in the woods in June 2008? If this trash is very old, there won't be fingerprints or DNA.
Wouldn't the water have taken care of that?

TA: opps...see you covered that in a subsequent post.

A simple thanks was not enough.
I am getting dizzy going round and round on this evidence stuff and what level of evidence people are expecting.

Well, all this is admittedly confusing, but we're expecting a level of chloroform much higher than what one would find in a glass of tap water in order to accept that it was a murder weapon. I think that's only reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail