Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posters:

Please do not reference sites that, if you try to copy the link to WS, the URL shows up as asterisks. This is a TOS violation.

Please continue the discussion here.

Hoppy

JMO

I COMPLETELY understand not having time to read through all the threads to catch up, but once this thread gets going would it be too much to ask to atleast read the previous 1 or 2 pages of post. Just because we seem to be filling the threads to the tune of :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead
I would really apreciate it, and then we can keep moving forward.

Carrying Over...
Honeybun had alerted us to interesting post on facebook concerning new developments which had been posted on a crime site.
After searching I found it was in reference to a story posted back on October 29. SweetVaBreeze then shared that the author had maybe got things mixed up.

(imo that article had so many errors it needs to be removed)

I had just posted about a odd comment on an article, it may have been at the hook. The comment's author went by the name of "clue".
the comment asked if the searched had extended to 250 and milton road by the river.
Does anyone else find this suspicious?

1-JPJ
2-searched
3-clue
2499026.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
click to enlarge

JMO

I COMPLETELY understand not having time to read through all the threads to catch up, but once this thread gets going would it be too much to ask to atleast read the previous 1 or 2 pages of post. Just because we seem to be filling the threads to the tune of :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:eek:ther_beatingA_Dead
I would really apreciate it, and then we can keep moving forward.

Carrying Over...
Honeybun had alerted us to interesting post on facebook concerning new developments which had been posted on a crime site.
After searching I found it was in reference to a story posted back on October 29. SweetVaBreeze then shared that the author had maybe got things mixed up.

(imo that article had so many errors it needs to be removed)

I had just posted about a odd comment on an article, it may have been at the hook. The comment's author went by the name of "clue".
the comment asked if the searched had extended to 250 and milton road by the river.

1-JPJ
2-searched
3-clue

I agree on ALL counts. I've pretty much stopped participating for the most part because all we're doing is rehashing the same possible scenarios and guesses over and over at this point, and it's just not getting us any closer to an answer.

Towards your mention of "clue", I think that sounds interesting and definitely worth noting. I'm going to take a look around and see if I can hunt that comment down. There are plenty of weirdos that come out and post odd stuff in these cases, but it's also common for the perp to do the same, maybe even more so when he's not receiving the attention/media that he thinks he deserves? Good catch!

ETA: Okay so I've searched numerous articles all over the place and haven't spotted the "clue" post yet, have you relocated it? I've got to start dinner but I'll try to look some more later.

respectfully snipped

1-JPJ
2-searched
3-clue
2499026.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
click to enlarge

That's under .5 miles from the Clifton Inn as well as an elementary school, and also close to the river and a pond. I also can't find that post from "clue," though.

Did anyone watch MH's parents on Dr Phil today? Anything interesting?

Just going over some of the old posts. Something caught my eye. Somebody was saying how nice it was of Dr. Harrington to purchase 9 tickets to the concert. I thought...whoa. The only ones we think attended were Morgan and her two friends..the boyfriend of a friend we are not too sure about. Anyway does anybody know if the concert was sold out that night? I am wondering if Morgan had those extra tickets and went outside before Metallica came on to try and sell them. Make a few bucks and show her father she was trying in the money area?
Could that be the answer to the question of why she went outside?

I remember a few years back we went to the theatre and had two extra tickets our friends could not use. Hubby went to the boxoffice and they said absolutely not they would not take our tickets back and refund our money and we could not stand in the lobby by the doors to try to sell them. Hubby went outside and stood on the walkway and sold the tickets.

Makes me wonder?

Just going over some of the old posts. Something caught my eye. Somebody was saying how nice it was of Dr. Harrington to purchase 9 tickets to the concert. I thought...whoa. The only ones we think attended were Morgan and her two friends..the boyfriend of a friend we are not too sure about. Anyway does anybody know if the concert was sold out that night? I am wondering if Morgan had those extra tickets and went outside before Metallica came on to try and sell them. Make a few bucks and show her father she was trying in the money area?

I remember a few years back we went to the theatre and had two extra tickets our friends could not use. Hubby went to the boxoffice and they said absolutely not they would not take our tickets back and refund our money and we could not stand in the lobby by the doors to try to sell them. Hubby went outside and stood on the walkway and sold the tickets.

Makes me wonder?

Excellent point and would make sense now.
Someone did sleuth out on craigslist that two tickets were for sale in her row/area.
I have no idea now who posted that and if they tipped the police or not.
Great catch.

take a look at this...
http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2009/10/29/cover-findMorgan-E.aspx

Hawes Spencer, Hook Editor10/29/2009 10:54:51 AM

@J Hey, this is the Hook editor here. Morgan's dad originally told us that Morgan's car and keys stayed in Harrisonburg. In preparing this cover story, State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller-- asserting a change in info-- told us the contrary scenario we put in this story above. So we spoke again this morning to Dr. Harrington, and he stands by his statement: that Morgan's car was never in Charlottesville. Messages left this morning with Ms. Geller have not been immediately returned, but we'll update as soon as she clarifies....

Excellent point and would make sense now.
Someone did sleuth out on craigslist that two tickets were for sale in her row/area.
I have no idea now who posted that and if they tipped the police or not.
Great catch.

Wow, if she went out to meet them that could have led to her disappearance.

OR...What if the men she was seen with in the parking lot were supposed to get those tickets. What would that bring the number up to?

Regardless, if my friend were selling her tickets to someone else... I wouldn't let her go meet the person alone unless it was somenone trusted or I was a lousy friend.

Did LE actually ping Morgan's cell phone as being in the area that the concert was? That way it would confirm she was actually there or at least her phone was. (earlier on people were wondering if she was really at the concert or not)

OR...What if the men she was seen with in the parking lot were supposed to get those tickets. What would that bring the number up to?

Regardless, if my friend were selling her tickets to someone else... I wouldn't let her go meet the person alone unless it was somenone trusted or I was a lousy friend.

Maybe she asked and they didn't want to leave their seats or someone did go out with her, hypothetically speaking of course.

Of course, Morgan could have been a very independent young woman who thought it was safe. It should have been safe!
I can't tell from her photos if she was shy and naive or street savvy and independent.
What was out of the norm for her? Did she often leave her friends and take off for the night or for days on end?
Why did she remove her cell phone battery? That's an odd one I can't wrap my head around.
I don't know of anyone who would remove the battery when you could simply turn your phone off.

Makes me wonder?

I do remember reading that it was not a sold out concert and someone saying that shecould have purchased a tix cause the box office was open til 9 or 930?

I do remember the craigslist post and the cell number was clearly from a different area than where she lives so people disregarded it as been posted by Morgan.

It does make sense that if she had sold the tix to someone that she would meet them to give them the tix. That would explain her being outside but if she was hurt then that doesnt make sense to me. If I was hurt I would not have gone outside or at least I would have asked a friend to go with me or do it for me.
Anyway LE should know if there was any texting, emails or calls bet. Morgan and the supposed buyer.

Makes me wonder?

Show was reportedly not sold out, but iirc box office typically closes around show time (from one piece of info I remember reading), so may have been closed.

I think her going out to sell tickets makes sense (perhaps keeping one for herself to get back in), but by 8:48, supposedly, she already knew she was barred from reentry, so either she struck out before 8:48 on selling any extras, or hadn't told her friends that's what she was going to be doing.

And, it wouldn't necessarily explain her meanderings after 8:48, which to me seem much more consistent with trying to find another ticket to get back in, fwiw.

So if dad bought nine tickets, were they for "the nine"? You would think they were since "the nine" were lifelong friends and very tight. So if "the nine" went to the concert, that would seem to indicate that at least another car went as well? I hope they have questioned all for whom those tickets were intended...

Also, is it not strange for NO info to be trickling down to us? I mean, it is like total silence on the information front and that in its self is very suspicious to me.

I also thought the post about checking that river road address was very odd, and wonder why that person was SO specific with the address?

So if dad bought nine tickets, were they for "the nine"? You would think they were since "the nine" were lifelong friends and very tight. So if "the nine" went to the concert, that would seem to indicate that at least another car went as well? I hope they have questioned all for whom those tickets were intended...

Also, is it not strange for NO info to be trickling down to us? I mean, it is like total silence on the information front and that in its self is very suspicious to me.

I also thought the post about checking that river road address was very odd, and wonder why that person was SO specific with the address?

Can someone find that post? i dont recall seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie