New Jailhouse Letter from Phil Garrido to Walt Gray (11/11/09)

Thanks anthro - same thing he already said, except apologizing to every human being. I guess he still thinks we will buy that he is a changed man. I actually now think he sent this as a message to Jaycee to affect her testimony.

The original KCRA link has been updated:
SACRAMENTO, Calif. --
In his third jailhouse letter to KCRA 3, Phillip Garrido issued an apology "for what has taken place" and referenced "ending a sexual problem believed to be impossible."

Garrido is the convicted rapist accused of kidnapping Jaycee Lee Dugard nearly two decades ago and holding her in a backyard compound at his Contra Costa County home. He's also believed to have fathered two children with her.

The letter, which KCRA 3 received Thursday, read in part: "First off I would like to apologize to every human being for what has taken place."

It continued: "People all over the world are hearing testimony that through the spirit of Christ a mental process took place ending a sexual problem believed to be impossible."

The letter was addressed to KCRA 3 anchor Walt Gray, who Garrido called from jail shortly after his arrest.

"Mr. Garrido is expressing genuine remorse. He would like people to consider the fact that he's a changed man and his story is best told all at one time, instead of in pieces. He presents obvious issues concerning whether or not he is competent to be a defendant, and we are looking into that," said his attorney, Public Defender Susan Gellman, in a telephone interview Thursday evening from St. Petersburg, Fla.

http://www.kcra.com/mostpopular/21601232/detail.html
Sounds exactly like more of the same tripe!:banghead:
He wants to get off on the rape and kidnapping charges because he's a "changed man" and he's sorry!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
He's also alluding to his hearing God having him stopped masturbating.:hand::rolleyes:
Does he think he's going to influence potential jurors this way???
His lawyer needs to muzzle him NOW!!!

Sounds exactly like more of the same tripe!:banghead:
He wants to get off on the rape and kidnapping charges because he's a "changed man" and he's sorry!:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
He's also alluding to his hearing God having him stopped masturbating.:hand::rolleyes:
Does he think he's going to influence potential jurors this way???
His lawyer needs to muzzle him NOW!!!

notice unlike the first letter he sent out, this one has his lawyers handprint all over it.
setting up the insanity defense and trying to get jaycee to save his butt at the same time imo

Thanks anthro - same thing he already said, except apologizing to every human being. I guess he still thinks we will buy that he is a changed man. I actually now think he sent this as a message to Jaycee to affect her testimony.

Nah...he is preaching. He want's to send his message of redemption to the masses to save their souls. He believes he knows how to do it, and we are likely to hear more of this sort of stuff. His trial will be his pulpit. The message will be something like "if god can save someone like the old him, then you too could be saved".

And when he is done with court, he will spread his gospel in prison.

If you think about it, in a way this trial is going to gaurentee him a huge audience that he could never in a thousand years have gotten at place like the Molino's junkyard or Berkeley. He has been plucked from obscurity and been given a stage.

And we are all going to watch.

Letting off some steam here, this jerk is trying to say he is sorry now that he is an old man and his prick don't work anymore! Super, glad your sorry now pay the price for the damage your sorry butt left in it's wake. Grrrrr

This letter is meant to intimidate Jaycee and make her feel bad because he is sorry. I hope this letter is not read to her. I don't think it would help so early into her recovery. I don't think I have hated someone so much in my life and I don't even know him or Jaycee.

What a creeper! His handwriting and his wording are soooo similar to his apology r/t K.C. Notice how his hand writing is perfectly formed!

Here we go again. "I am changed through Christ". Wasn't that the same thing he said prior to being released on parole? Only difference now is he is a lot older and there may be other, medical reasons, why he is no longer getting sexual drives. But it is the same old sad worn out story about finding Christ. Well he has not found Christ enough to stop telling lies, aka "not guilty". He has not found Christ enough to let Jaycee and her girls go without the trauma of a trial. He apologized to "the world". Excuse me until he was arrested the world didn't give him a second thought. How about an apology to Jaycee, her daughters, her mom, her step dad, her half sisters, to the other girls who he raped and their families. How about putting their parents at rest about the outcome of their missing children. No he has not repented. It is a ploy. He also wanted back in the headlines.

Ok sorry enough ranting.

Many of the links, including the original KCRA one, reference this as his third letter. By my count it's only his second, then there was the call to Walt Gray. Did I miss something?

Also interesting that KCRA declines to release the whole letter on the advice of their attorneys.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/garrido.letter/

"We are not releasing the entire letter at this time based on consultations with our attorneys," said Anzio Williams, news director at KCRA. "We will tell the story and reference the letter."

This letter is meant to intimidate Jaycee and make her feel bad because he is sorry. I hope this letter is not read to her. I don't think it would help so early into her recovery. I don't think I have hated someone so much in my life and I don't even know him or Jaycee.

just like his last letter there's no way this is read to jaycee.
i really dont know what he hopes to accomplish though, his situation is hopless. he's behind bars for good (allegedly) on the parole violations alone. preaching and making excuses and asking forgivness is gonna grant him nothing.

Sounds to me like there is A LOT more in this letter. His lawyer says he wants to get the story out all at once and not in pieces, KCRA isn't releasing the whole letter under advice from their attorney's. Yep, there's a bunch more in this letter. Maybe we won't be privy to all that the letter contains until trial as it could contain crucial evidence. How could he think that a message of this nature would be shared with the world before a trial? He's practically peein his pants to get to finally preach/witness his warped "word" to an actual audience. Such a flippin weirdo:crazy:!

Many of the links, including the original KCRA one, reference this as his third letter. By my count it's only his second, then there was the call to Walt Gray. Did I miss something?

Also interesting that KCRA declines to release the whole letter on the advice of their attorneys.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/13/garrido.letter/

"We are not releasing the entire letter at this time based on consultations with our attorneys," said Anzio Williams, news director at KCRA. "We will tell the story and reference the letter."

i think the third letter is in reference to the one he sent out to his mother.

Sounds to me like there is A LOT more in this letter. His lawyer says he wants to get the story out all at once and not in pieces, KCRA isn't releasing the whole letter under advice from their attorney's. Yep, there's a bunch more in this letter. Maybe we won't be privy to all that the letter contains until trial as it could contain crucial evidence. How could he think that a message of this nature would be shared with the world before a trial? He's practically peein his pants to get to finally preach/witness his warped "word" to an actual audience. Such a flippin weirdo:crazy:!

usually when someone makes the statment "in consultation with our laywers' they are afraid of being sued. so garrido's letter must contain some kind of attack on someone.

usually when someone makes the statment "in consultation with our laywers' they are afraid of being sued. so garrido's letter must contain some kind of attack on someone.
Maybe he's gonna blame Jaycee for being so cute she made him do it!:furious::furious::furious:

Sued by the various state agencies, maybe, for releasing evidence in an ongoing investigation. It makes no sense that he would make apologies and attack someone in the same letter. IMO, he is trying to gain sympathy as a "changed man" and he wouldn't do anything, at this point, that would contradict that. He's trying to get his "word" out there and wouldn't want to damage his chances of having people listen by being nasty. We all know better and know what he is up to, but he doesn't see things quite the same as the rest of us. He's spent too much time being so calculating that he has become omnipotent in it and unable to see exactly how transparent he really is.

JMO

I bet it does have something to do with Jaycee and Nancy telling the world that he IS the Messiah and healed of being a sex addict!

In the full KCRA interview at the same link Walt Gray asks PG if when he was arrested he was kind of glad it was over. PG said, oh yeah, it was time.

He was prepared and had taken his manifesto to the FBI, gave his friend his black box for safe keeping and more than likely had his family convinced he was gifted with the ability to help the world. I'm glad KCRA didn't release the entire letter and I hope they don't!

Poor PG, people just don't understand how important he is. I hadn't heard the entire interview, nearly 10 minutes, and I wonder why he thinks he needs to protect the SO and FBI? Is it just his delusional personality?

I bet it does have something to do with Jaycee and Nancy telling the world that he IS the Messiah and healed of being a sex addict!

In the full KCRA interview at the same link Walt Gray asks PG if when he was arrested he was kind of glad it was over. PG said, oh yeah, it was time.

He was prepared and had taken his manifesto to the FBI, gave his friend his black box for safe keeping and more than likely had his family convinced he was gifted with the ability to help the world. I'm glad KCRA didn't release the entire letter and I hope they don't!

Poor PG, people just don't understand how important he is. I hadn't heard the entire interview, nearly 10 minutes, and I wonder why he thinks he needs to protect the SO and FBI? Is it just his delusional personality?

if i ever hear the word 'messiah' come out of his mouth, im probably becoming an athiest.
:waitasec:

Yes! What a laugh that he needs to protect Jaycee's rights - the very person who violated them!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
He also talked about coordinating efforts with Jaycee's lawyer. :sick:I wonder if he got wind of Jaycee's People Magazine article and is trying to get her back under his thumb?

Yes! What a laugh that he needs to protect Jaycee's rights - the very person who violated them!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar
He also talked about coordinating efforts with Jaycee's lawyer. :sick:I wonder if he got wind of Jaycee's People Magazine article and is trying to get her back under his thumb?

not sure he was trying to coordinate with jaycee's lawyer linas, if your referrin to the letter he first sent out. sounded like he wanted a diffrent lawyer enterily contacted.
and if i recall, this was before the people issue came out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back