The Jaycee Dugard Story tonight 8 pm CST

So Carl gave a description of the woman who grabbed Jaycee (looked like Nancy) and Jaycee said she remembers everything so she will probably confirm that was Nancy.

Yes, that is pretty much undisputed. As I understand it, Jaycee has confirmed this. Also, as a side note, in the bail hearing the prosecution alleged that the Garridos used a stun gun to subdue Jaycee.

And regarding the quote from the TLC documentary:

"The children on the bus, who also witnessed the kidnapping, told their principal about it when they got to school."

I am sure that that this statement is an error. If the bus, upon its arrival, was immediately boarded by the police, it had to have been at least 5 to 10 minutes after the abduction and the subsequent 911 call. By then, The Garridos and Jaycee would have been miles away.

Carl, thanks again. It's good to keep things straight. I think Carl's and Jaycee testimony is enough to connect Nancy, fortunately.

It's too bad they make these mistakes in news shows/documentaries though.

So Carl gave a description of the woman who grabbed Jaycee (looked like Nancy) and Jaycee said she remembers everything so she will probably confirm that was Nancy.

I know I'm probably going to feel silly for asking, but I don't remember seeing where JC has said she remembers everything. I know she has said that she knows horrible things were done to her and is willing to testify. I'm not disputing that she does remember, I just don't remember ever seeing this information and would like to read more about it. Anyone have the link? I'm either drawing a blank or missed it. TIA

I know I'm probably going to feel silly for asking, but I don't remember seeing where JC has said she remembers everything. I know she has said that she knows horrible things were done to her and is willing to testify. I'm not disputing that she does remember, I just don't remember ever seeing this information and would like to read more about it. Anyone have the link? I'm either drawing a blank or missed it. TIA

i think the quote being mentioned is when carl said on august 26th that in the phone call she had with terry 'jaycee remembers everything' that was in response to, apperently, terry's questions that only jaycee should know the answers too, regarding her life before she was kidnapped.

also, when jaycee knew garrido had confessed, she admitted that garrido had 'kidnapped and raped her' so apperently she remembers that too. that's why she will be able to testify.

i think the quote being mentioned is when carl said on august 26th that in the phone call she had with terry 'jaycee remembers everything' that was in response to, apperently, terry's questions that only jaycee should know the answers too, regarding her life before she was kidnapped.

also, when jaycee knew garrido had confessed, she admitted that garrido had 'kidnapped and raped her' so apperently she remembers that too. that's why she will be able to testify.

I was requesting a link where it has been said that JC has said she remembers everything about the day of the kidnapping. Do you have one? I already know about the information you posted.

I was requesting a link where it has been said that JC has said she remembers everything about the day of the kidnapping. Do you have one? I already know about the information you posted.

to my knowlege there is no such article.
i think what was being made was suppoosition, a connection of one thing to another.

The following article indicates that Nancy has admitted to being the one who jumped out and grabbed Jaycee.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Wife_Garrido_Wanted_Cute_Blonde_Girl_mb_09132009_3478500

Quote:

Nancy Garrido has told investigators explicit details of how the couple allegedly abducted Dugard, then 11, from a bus stop near her California home in 1991.

Nancy Garrido said the couple spotted Dugard walking with friends the day before they abducted her. She said they trailed her home and then returned the next morning to grab the girl.

Garrido said she jumped out of the car and abducted Dugard while her husband remained behind the wheel.​

There is a scene in the TLC documentary depicting Phillip and Nancy trailing behind Jaycee and two companions. The information upon which this scene was based is probably obtained from Nancy's admission.

The following article indicates that Nancy has admitted to being the one who jumped out and grabbed Jaycee.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/dpgo_Wife_Garrido_Wanted_Cute_Blonde_Girl_mb_09132009_3478500

Quote:

Nancy Garrido has told investigators explicit details of how the couple allegedly abducted Dugard, then 11, from a bus stop near her California home in 1991.

Nancy Garrido said the couple spotted Dugard walking with friends the day before they abducted her. She said they trailed her home and then returned the next morning to grab the girl.

Garrido said she jumped out of the car and abducted Dugard while her husband remained behind the wheel.​

There is a scene in the TLC documentary depicting Phillip and Nancy trailing behind Jaycee and two companions. The information upon which this scene was based is probably obtained from Nancy's admission.

im kinda confused.
in the 1991 people magazine article, terry says her carl and jaycee were at the craft fair that sunday.......are we saying that they were there watching?

im kinda confused.
in the 1991 people magazine article, terry says her carl and jaycee were at the craft fair that sunday.......are we saying that they were there watching?

Here is the 1991 People Magazine article
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20111362,00.html

It only says the following:

"Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction."​

The woman seen by the people at the art fair may or may not have been Nancy, and it is possible that the art fair was not the only place that Jaycee was on the Sunday before the kidnapping. She could have been walking around with her friends during a different time of the day.

"Carl's description of the woman in the car as Indian or Pakistani, with jet-black hair and dark eyes. Several people, it turns out, saw a woman matching that description at an art fair where Jaycee and her parents had been working the weekend before the abduction."​

The woman seen by the people at the art fair may or may not have been Nancy, and it is possible that the art fair was not the only place that Jaycee was on the Sunday before the kidnapping. She could have been walking around with her friends during a different time of the day.

possibly.
but i find it strange that they lay in wait for her all night.
and that no one in the quiet neighborhood would have noticed a strange van parked all night. this isnt garrido's neighborhood were talking about.

One thing puzzles me about this article, it says the drivers door was flung open. I thought we concluded that Philip was driving and Nancy was the one who grabbed her????:waitasec:

One thing puzzles me about this article, it says the drivers door was flung open. I thought we concluded that Philip was driving and Nancy was the one who grabbed her????:waitasec:

it was definetely the passenger side.
i think people magazine just got the info wrong.

This has confused me as well. Carl Probyn described that the car "cut across the road", which would seem to mean that the car, from the right side of the road, crossed over to the left side of the road. In interviews, I have heard Carl state that the car "cut her off", which would seem to mean that he pulled ahead of her and blocked her path forward. This would position the driver's door in front of Jaycee. If Nancy was in the Passenger seat, she would have had to run around the front or back of the car to grab Jaycee.

The other possibilities are (1) that the car didn't "cut her off", but rather, cut behind Jaycee walking on the left side of the road, or (2) that the car cut off Jaycee's path on the right side of the road. Both possibilities would position the passenger side door adjacent to Jaycee.

By the way, all of the reinactments that I have seen depict Jaycee walking on the right side of the road, but this seems to contradict Carl Probyn's description that the car "cut across the road". I think that this is the likely scenario, and that Carl meant to say that the the captors turned the car crossways in the road (rather than "across" the road).

How do you know it was "definitely the passenger side"?

the only thing i've seen that said it was the drivers side was the 91 peoples mag. are there other sources that says it was the driver's side?

the only thing i've seen that said it was the drivers side was the 91 peoples mag. are there other sources that says it was the driver's side?

You were the one that said it was definite, so you tell us!

possibly.
but i find it strange that they lay in wait for her all night.
and that no one in the quiet neighborhood would have noticed a strange van parked all night. this isnt garrido's neighborhood were talking about.

it was definetely the passenger side.
i think people magazine just got the info wrong.

BBM
Nancy was probably in the back and flung the BACK driver side door open. Nancy probably wasn't in the front passenger seat because she would have to get out, close the door, go around the car, grab JC and then open another door before jumping in the car with her. Or she would have to get back into the confines of a front seat and try to subdue a child. They would have thought this out ahead of time and planned for saving time by just having N in the back to jump out of and back into after grabbing JC, also giving her more room for the struggle. So, it was most likely not the front passenger side. The car (not van) they were driving when they abducted her was a 4-door.

To confuse the matter further ... I just viewed a clip from Missing Reward featuring Stacy Keach, filmed in August 1991.

The clip featured Carl Probyn, playing the part of himself, jumping on his bicycle and peddling up the hill, and includes a very quick and poorly filmed scene of Jaycee screaming as she is being pulled into the left side of the car, over the lap of the driver, and onto the passenger side.

Probyn stated that he insisted on doing the filming himself and said "It took us 12 hours to shoot this segment ... We did it three and four times and everything is just the way it happened".

Here is the video (with the relevant portions starting at 1:49 of the video clip):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2IaxljhEo"]YouTube- Jaycee Dugard A Closer Look at Her Life Since Being Kidnapped in 1991~A Look Back[/ame]

I am unable to find a full version of this Missing Reward episode.

Quote:

Oh, thank you Carl... I didn't realize she had already admitted it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back