MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I find the suspect to be a monster, her mugshot saddens me. Such a waste of a young life.

I agree. Dont get me wrong i think shes evil and she has to be punished for her crime but...i have a stepdaughter who is just 15 also. She is a "Scene" kid and wears the blue varnish AB does and the same sort of clothes. She also has had a lot of problems and i think lives in a world of her own to blot out reality. I cant help looking at her and her friends..and imagine them in prison for the rest of there lives. Allyssas life is over before its really begun. Like Elizabeths i guess :(

The thing is though with all the problems mystep- daughter has had..i know she could never do anything to hurt anyone else let alone a child. She just loves them way too much.

Its all so senseless :(

Snip from article and WTH??:

"That's as much as Richardson would say about the facts of the case. At one point in juvenile court hearing, a highway patrol investigator testified that Alyssa had dug two holes in the woods, five days before Elizabeth Olten disappeared.

Richardson said that he cannot tell us if Olten’s body was found in only one of those holes."

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=379212

I am thinking that whole article might just be poorly written. Look at this sentence. Circuit judge Pat Joyce would not allow photography Bustamante in the adult court hearing, because she had no legal counsel.

It makes no sense.

I don't know if Richardson actually could not say if Olten's body was found in ONLY ONE of the holes, or if that was just poorly written, and should have been...could not say if Olten's body was found in ONE of the holes.

There haven't been any rumors up to now about dismemberment, right?

Respectfully SBM

Thank you W8nC, for bringing me back to earth on this one. In the absence of facts (or rumors that have later proved to be true), Ynot will assume poor journalism--(ETA) or more accurately, poor editing.

(And I bet everyone in that room was hanging on every word, very much doubt anyone minded having it on max! :hug: back atcha!)

In his opening remarks, the judge stated ...sorry don't have the exact quote, but basically said.... we should go on the premise that everything she is accused of is true. The point was, they were debating whether the juvinile system or the adult system would be the best for dealing with her IF CONVICTED, so there was no point in discussing it if it's not true, right?

Soooooo, every time Green asked this Criminal Investigator from the Highway Patrol anything about the what/why/where/when of the crime, Valentine objected, saying it was not relevant to THIS discussion.

I don't know if Richardson actually could not say if Olten's body was found in ONLY ONE of the holes, or if that was just poorly written, and should have been...could not say if Olten's body was found in ONE of the holes.

There haven't been any rumors up to now about dismemberment, right?

I had seen rumors about post morteum mutiliation, but not dismemberment. I think (hope) it's just an extremely bad interpretation of what he meant.

Snip from article and WTH??:

"That's as much as Richardson would say about the facts of the case. At one point in juvenile court hearing, a highway patrol investigator testified that Alyssa had dug two holes in the woods, five days before Elizabeth Olten disappeared.

Richardson said that he cannot tell us if Olten’s body was found in only one of those holes."

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=379212

Kind of reminds us of when they were saying they couldn't release her gender b/c she was a minor, bringing up questions that hadn't been asked yet.

For Elizabeth's mother's sake, I hope it's not the case.

Kind of reminds us of when they were saying they couldn't release her gender b/c she was a minor, bringing up questions that hadn't been asked yet.

For Elizabeth's mother's sake, I hope it's not the case.

I am not sure how a 15 yr old could do that with a knife.

I agree the mugshot is awful and the situation is tragic. But I can't bring myself to feel bad for her. She could have just not done it.

This would have been an awesome case for "The First 48" to cover. If only!

At least not within the time frame she had.

To be honest that kind of depends on what time she really left the house bearing in mind the school bus dropped them off around 4 apparently/

OK don't want to get us :eek:fftopic: here. Apologies if so!

Attendees, any thoughts on the make-up of the crowd who attended morning and afternoon sessions? Family? Supporters? Media? Onlookers? We know of the two classmates; were there other students with them? Atmosphere in rooms/demeanor of attendees during proceedings that we might not have heard of yet? TIA.

I am glad they are going to charge this sick person as an adult
I hope they lock her up and throw away the key...forget "rehabilitation"

what a waste....poor Elizabeth

This case is getting to me. On my drive home, I just thought, "I just don't get it. How could she do that?" How can you strangle, stab and cut the throat of anyone??? I was a depressed, rebelious, etc. teenager, but my God, I never thought about doing anything like this. Alyssa is obviously very disturbed and good at masking her true self to many. She needs to be locked up forever.

OK don't want to get us :eek:fftopic: here. Apologies if so!

Attendees, any thoughts on the make-up of the crowd who attended morning and afternoon sessions? Family? Supporters? Media? Onlookers? We know of the two classmates; were there other students with them? Atmosphere in rooms/demeanor of attendees during proceedings that we might not have heard of yet? TIA.

The judge, lawyers, family, witnesses, and Alyssa were in a courtroom on the 4th floor. Jodibug and I, her daughter, and her daughter's friend, were in another room with reporters, other locals, and lots of LE. Besides, the 4 of us, there were only maybe 5 or 6 others.

There was a young woman who I think works at Prenger, who came with another woman, maybe her relative? There was also an older couple, well dressed, who took copious notes, and another older man who was wearing a Harley-Davidson hat, so maybe from the Mo Riders who raised money for EO's family last weekend. Several other people came in later. I thought maybe they were court house employees but that was just my impression.

There were TONS of reporters outside, but oddly, only 3 in the room with us. Okay, have to confess I only know the name of one of them, KRCG's Ladd Egan (the guy who talks to NG). I grew up here in JC, then left for 20+ years and have only recently returned, so am not familiar with all the reporters around here.

NG is showing the electric fence video right now.

W8nc- So none of Alyssa's friends/boyfriend were there?

Not unless they got into the room with family.

Also, I must say, I missed the afternoon session - had a training session at work I couldn't skip. I understood them to say that only the onlookers who attended the morning session would be allowed into the afternoon one, the arraignment (sp?), but I may be mistaken. They gave us numbered cards to use as tickets to get back in for the afternoon. But since there were so few people, they may have let more in. Jodibug will be able to answer that next time she's on.

To be honest that kind of depends on what time she really left the house bearing in mind the school bus dropped them off around 4 apparently/

Yes, but we have the 6pm phone call to/from her mom. I've always wondered about the bus drop off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth