NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes we have to take what NG posts with "caution". Most of what is in that "breaking news" was out the other day.

ANd reads suspiciously like posts from here....just sayin. :innocent:

Wowser, that seems wierd to me. Not having a vigil but having it there? That was not her home, that was not the community that knew and loved her and that was probably a place that held not one single happy memory for her (if we who believe she was abused in one fashion or another from the day she arrived are correct.)

For some reason the idea of standing outside that trailer home of horrors with a lit candle in memory of that little angel makes my skin crawl a bit.

I can see that initial reaction, but you have to keep in mind this is park is home to many upstanding people, people who are parents and grandparents who are horrified at how close this tragedy has struck. It is not like traveling to S's happier stomping grounds is an option for them. It totally makes sense to me that their community wants to gather around itself and grieve. This has impacted their lives by how close it was and what a media zoo has hit their neighborhood since.

Wowser, that seems wierd to me. Not having a vigil but having it there? That was not her home, that was not the community that knew and loved her and that was probably a place that held not one single happy memory for her (if we who believe she was abused in one fashion or another from the day she arrived are correct.)

For some reason the idea of standing outside that trailer home of horrors with a lit candle in memory of that little angel makes my skin crawl a bit.

In another post I added the link to the article. It is the residents of the mobile home park coming together for a prayer service. Perhaps it can help them and the other children living in the park. jmo

ESSENCE.COM: When did you find out what happened to your sister?
COLEMAN: I found out the same day that it occurred. I was in Charlotte. I received a phone call from my dad and saw it all over the news. My father said that my little sister was missing but don't worry too much because she will be coming home pretty soon.

ummmmmmmm........WTF, Hello? Don't worry too much? Very odd statement.

http://www.essence.com/news/breaking_news/shaniya_davis.php?xid=061709-emailpitch-shaniya

ANd reads suspiciously like posts from here....just sayin. :innocent:

LOL! I know. You guys here ALWAYS seem to be a step or two ahead of NG. I always watch her.... but last night I honestly almost didn't want to leave WS to go in to the TV, because I thought to myself...shoot, I'll learn more from the folks at WS that I will watching NG!

IMO- this is HYPE!!!! Of course DNA will be in a vehicle. Now, the type and who it belongs to make it a BOMBSHELL!!!! jmo

I agree.
We know he transported her.
Her hair and DNA will be in the car.
It is his car.
His hair and DNA will be in the car.

I want to know what DNA was on her body, under her nails, and from what source.

We already know the piece of the puzzle that puts her in his car.
Unless they can show she died in his car it is nothing new for the case.

No, here he says:
She wouldn't go to just anybody, you would really have to know her. And, she would have to get warmed up to you, especially males.

It's the same as was said before....she apparently warmed up more readily to females than males.

Oops, I stand corrected. I misread the article.

Thanks for the catch!

NG stretches the meaning of an hour to several days sometimes.

In another post I added the link to the article. It is the residents of the mobile home park coming together for a prayer service. Perhaps it can help them and the other children living in the park. jmo

Sure hope daddy's going to be there.

Agreed. Bio-parents need to be responsible whom they "take up with" with regards to their child's welfare.

But, in this case it appears the bio-parent is the bad person. And IMO, bio-parents are the last defense for children. I feel sad for these children...

Surely if nothing else we've learned by now that being an egg or sperm donor--bio parent--has nothing to do w parenting fitness or suitability. Which Aunt says they knew. Yes, first and last line of defense for a defenseless child, very sad. JMO

:parrot:

Never said it meant anything nasty.
Just that it's weird to state those two things in the same breath.
It takes her time to warm up to males...but she's a daddy's girl.

Sorry wasn't insinuating that you were being nasty, just putting it out there in anticipation of that coming up next in the thread.

I don't think that is necessarily contradictory. My daughter is a daddy's girl but is only physically demonstrative and physically trusting of him. With other males she is more physcially reserved - doesn't throw herself into anyone's arms but daddy's so to speak. Partly that is my fault. As a survivor of sexual abuse I have been very protective of my children and raised them to be cautious of others motiviations. they are as a result modest when it comes to their bodies and shows of affection outside of close family relationships.

So as I said earlier, I drove over at lunch. I was actually shaking as I walked in, let alone on the elevator itself.

Facts:
- the parking lot is on the side/front of the hotel. there is no rear parking at all...in fact, there is a ditch just a few feet from the back of the hotel w/ the high school behind it.
- there are TWO SIDE entrances. Actually I guess they are exits as they can't be entered from the outside unless someone was to prop it open or physically open it from the inside.
- cameras cover the entire parking lot and both entrances as well as camera above the main entrance.
- cameras cover each elevator door
- hotel has 4 floors
- there is no "L" for lobby. It is simply "1" for the first floor/lobby
- the photos released are NOT from the first floor/lobby as there is no carpet near that elevator. It is all tiled. The carpet for this first floor starts further down the hall.
- If the main entrance was used, there is absolutely NO WAY to avoid walking directly in front of the front desk. If you're looking at the front entrance and used the side entrance to your left, you would still have to walk to the right of the front desk. if you entered through the right side entrance, you could go straight to the elevator and not be seen by the front desk.
- the hotel isn't huge. The hallways are not long. The layout is simply one straight line of rooms per floor.
- the area where the elevators are on the floor is off to the side of the main hallway --- like where you usually find the ice machine, etc.
- the location of the elevator is not quite in the middle of the hall
- there are stairwells in the hotel

I have included 4 photos --- one of the parking lot showing one of the side entrances. There are two cameras just above the line of site on the front corner to cover the parking lot. I don't know if you can see it but there is also a camera just above the door. The other is the first floor elevator illustrating there is no "L" for lobby. The next is a photo of the 3rd floor elevator as to me it appears to be a "3" in the photos that have been released. and last but not least, a photo of the carpet on the 3rd floor in the event anything thinks I'm bogus....
4117243869_4a15749ae2_o.jpg

4118005734_b3c712a0d2_o.jpg

4117238291_d16e4f91ff_o.jpg

4117241031_b92b1aebe2_o.jpg

ESSENCE.COM: When did you find out what happened to your sister?
COLEMAN: I found out the same day that it occurred. I was in Charlotte. I received a phone call from my dad and saw it all over the news. My father said that my little sister was missing but don't worry too much because she will be coming home pretty soon.

ummmmmmmm........WTF, Hello? Don't worry too much? Very odd statement.

http://www.essence.com/news/breaking_news/shaniya_davis.php?xid=061709-emailpitch-shaniya

The way I read this - is that most parents, at first, will try to 'calm' their children by saying things like that. Especially since he lived away from home and college.
I always try to downplay issues to my children, especially my daughter who is a drama queen by nature! I can tell her one little thing and before you know it she's twisted the whole issue and she'll have herself all worked up & crying about the littlest things! She'll still be just as upset - even after everything is over...

JMO

NG stretches the meaning of an hour to several days sometimes.
LOL, true NG serves as the voice of outrage for many of us but her breaking new is often several days old and she misstates things quite a bit when she has her full head of steam on. I look to her to say what is on my mind sometimes but not to give me the actual facts of a case :)

Looking at video again of dad coming up behind Byron in NG interview.
I think it bothered BL not knowing what Byron was saying and the hug meant ok, time to stop interview in a way.
I took it as a control issue.

I didn't see the original interview, but watched it after I read some of the posts about it on here. Yes, her father is grieving, but I agree he wanted to keep an eye and ear on what his son was saying. I'm not trying to attack her father, just stating that is the way the interview looked to me.

He's contradicting himself. Saying that she needed time to warm up to males (that has not changed) but also that she was a daddy's girl.
I don't get it.
You can feel safe with daddy and not feel safe with other men.
We do not know how she was treated by other men, it is possible that at moms house she has had only fear.

Has anybody got that clear AP photo of MAM and Shaniya at the elevator?

The way I read this - is that most parents, at first, will try to 'calm' their children by saying things like that. Especially since he lived away from home and college.
I always try to downplay issues to my children, especially my daughter who is a drama queen by nature! I can tell her one little thing and before you know it she's twisted the whole issue and she'll have herself all worked up & crying about the littlest things! She'll still be just as upset - even after everything is over...

JMO

Yeah but, this "kid' is in College. It's not a small child he has to protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288