NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davenport: "I never saw the child the whole time she was in my park."

Sorry but am I the only one who thinks P Saunders is a little....er... strange? :/ There's just something slightly... off... (especially when she wears her leather jacket lol)

:parrot:

She said she put her on the list because of too many people coming and going there and she felt Brenda was lying about number of people living there.

She said a few minutes before that that she filed yesterday to evict Brenda for non-payment of rent.
That makes sense. Rent is usually due at the beginning of the month. Give the tenant a grace period, then a 3-day notice, then hand it over to an attorney when the notice is ignored. MOO

NG Show tonight:

Four children at the trailer that day. AD's 7-year old son, Shaniya, AD sister's two children: a 2-year old and a baby.

Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.

First time trying to bring a post to a new thread, but for this one I've got to try.

curiouser, I am so, so, so sorry. I, too, wish I could hold and comfort that child you had to be, and even now. And every other terrorized child.

I am tormented, disturbed by these stories, and physically affected. Well meaning friends and family shake their heads and wonder why I do it to myself. THIS is why – I believe you and every other victim deserve my tears and heartache. As a fellow human, I WANT to share some of your pain (though I know I could never understand it), and feel I need to know your story. If it were me, or my child, I would want everyone to know, and shed at least one tear. As much as I want to know the brightest joy of our world, I feel I should know the darkest horrors. Otherwise, have I really experienced my life in the world I live in? It might not ease any of the burden you bear, but it's what I have to offer and I truly wish that I could carry some of it for you.

WS has taught me that I'm not the only one. And I am PROUD to cry for strangers. I wish everyone did. My friends, who might say, “It’s SO depressing!”, don’t know that I shake my head at them. They simply don’t understand, even though I’ve tried to explain where it comes from in me. I think for many it’s too painful a place to visit.

I'm usually worried about offering my words, for fear I'll say something wrong or be insensitive. (I also feel like much of this very post might not make sense.) Just please know it comes from the deepest place in my heart. There are many who care, and I am one.
wishing you peace,
Jen

Rest, Shaniya. No more pain.

ITA...Watch BL body language in this video, it give me the creeps and I've been wanting to say something about it since the first time it was aired.

BL appears unexpectedly behind his son and envelopes him in a hug that looks more like a choke hold! He maintains that hold and then brings his other hand up and grips the boys shoulder, then begins deeply massaging his shoulder...all the while staring off into the distance, not once looking into the camera or at his son, who, by the way, looks very uncomfortable, stiff and resistant.

JMO but family members that truly love each other move INTO a loving embrace. I just can't help thinking and feeling this is a huge gesture of intimidation and control, not love. This man had the money, power and obvious control to keep Shaniya safe, if nothing else. Yet he never once mentions Shaniya's needs or best interest and refuses two offers of a good home from friends and family. What is the reason for making Shaniya live in the filthy hovel of a drug addicted prostitute. What was he thinking?!!

http://www.theloop21.com/videos/shaniyas-brother-speaks-out

Yes, yes YES to your entire post, Sunnybrook! However, I also got a "Look everyone at what a sensitive, caring father I am!" vibe from that hug. His poor son's reaction on the other hand, almost seemed as if to say, "Who the heck IS this guy?"

Paraphrasing Davenport - we placed Brenda D on the list because of traffic going in to the house. Suspected more people living in there than we were told. Suspect we were being lied to.

Ohhh...so she did suspect something not right in that MH.

IMO Davenport likes her 5 minutes of fame. Still , did not she state earlier that she kept a cache of 1 month of surveillance tapes. That should have been a wealth of info to LE.

That appears to a chair from the living room. It is bad but not as bad as I have ever seen being that the police has been in there and turned that place upside down and taken 13 bags of evidence. I am also not surprised about the eviction either because of the publicity the MH Manager justs wants the media to go away. http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/1...shaniyas-home/

(From last thread) Just wanted to point out those eviction proceedings were initiated back in October, had nothing to do w publicity from Shaniya.

ETA edited to delete info not included in my post--no clue how it appeared there(?)
:parrot:

I read the article where AD's sister says the last time she saw Shaniya was after school on Monday. :waitasec: "The Elementary school said "she was withdrawn from school mid-October".

OK ... back to looking at UFO's.

I took that as: after AD's sister came home from school.

Michelle Sigona just took the "inside the trailer" pictures off her website. Maybe Barbara weren't a happy camper having the reality exposed since she's all-knowing.

Hi, Do you have the link to her site right at your fingertips so I don't have to search it out - if you do would you kindly push the link out here?

NG SHOW:
Paraphrasing Brad on Oprah interview: ...when I DROPPED her off.
Seems likely father, his sister, his son - None of them ever ENTERED the MH.

ITA...Watch BL body language in this video, it give me the creeps and I've been wanting to say something about it since the first time it was aired.

BL appears unexpectedly behind his son and envelopes him in a hug that looks more like a choke hold! He maintains that hold and then brings his other hand up and grips the boys shoulder, then begins deeply massaging his shoulder...all the while staring off into the distance, not once looking into the camera or at his son, who, by the way, looks very uncomfortable, stiff and resistant.

JMO but family members that truly love each other move INTO a loving embrace. I just can't help thinking and feeling this is a huge gesture of intimidation and control, not love. This man had the money, power and obvious control to keep Shaniya safe, if nothing else. Yet he never once mentions Shaniya's needs or best interest and refuses two offers of a good home from friends and family. What is the reason for making Shaniya live in the filthy hovel of a drug addicted prostitute. What was he thinking?!!

http://www.theloop21.com/videos/shaniyas-brother-speaks-out

BEST QUESTION, so many good questions..... :(

A few days ago I remember the manager saying that she didn't even know that AD had been living there and that she had never seen Shaniya.

I think it was said on NG.

People were wondering why Shaniya had not been seen by anybody.

AD was busy arranging "Play dates" for Shaniya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288