NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why stay?
I'm not telling you to leave, I'm just asking. If it offends you and hurts you this badly, why watch and take part in it?

No offense intended not_my_kids but why would someone leave simply because they happen to have, and express a different point of view, albeit a point of view that may not go along with your opinion and a number of others here - regardless, I want to hear all points of view. JMO - NMS

Maybe in respect to Shaniya, we should have a day of silence. Everyone is rightfully angry at losing this angel and it might help everyone focus on her as a lovely child who was adored, instead of her as a victim of crime.

Copy and paste? There is also an alert button on each post.

FWIW, a thread in a crime forum doesn't stop being a crime thread the day a funeral takes place. In the past people who want to set up a memorial thread have done so in the parking lot. Just a suggestion from someone who's been around here a bit. :)

Also, we might not agree or like what someone posts, as long as they are within the TOS they are allowed.

I understand. But, we have been warned by Tricia and mods on this thread. That's what I was getting at.

IMO, watching a funeral for a crime victim is very interesting and enlightening. Alot of dynamics come into play. The best example I can think of is when Robert Manwill's mother gave a speach about her son. She might have been reading the ingredients off cereal box. You could clearly see there was something wrong in that mother son relationship. Not long after she was arrested for abuse and murder.

I think discussing the funeral, even in a negative light can be beneficial. We just need to keep our emotions in check.

No offense intended not_my_kids but why would someone leave simply because they happen to have, and express a different point of view, albeit a point of view that may not go along with your opinion and a number of others here - regardless, I want to hear all points of view. JMO - NMS

I have no problem with Dots Eyes expressing their opinion...and my post says that I am NOT asking the poster to leave, just trying to understand....please do not skew my words.
Not to mention, the mods that have to work their butts off to fix the negativity.

BTW - I think I caught most of mine. I didn't delete, but I did edit.
Could anyone that quoted me make sure their posts stand as the edited version.

Several people asked that Tricia's earlier post be reposted. I went back and found it. Here it is.

Hi,
Me again, Tricia the owner.

I wanted to add just a few things to please be careful of.

It is so easy to fall back on names like "Crack *advertiser censored*" and names or phrases along this line. You know what I mean. Please, it does nothing to help the discussion. PLEASE do not stoop to this level of posting.

Also, please remember Shaniya's father is also a victim. There is no need to trash this poor man. The hell he will live in for the rest of his life is nothing we can imagine. Express your opinion yes but draw the line at trashing please.

I haven't read this thread (notice the time of this post I am a bit tired) so forgive me if I seem to be rambling. :)

There are no plans to time anyone out because I have faith that a reminder like this is enough.

It is rare that a group of posters can come together with such passion as you all have with this case. I thank you for your participation.

From my "mandated reporter" training module that I'm doing right now:

"According to the National Child Abuse and Neglect Date System's most current report from 2006, the largest percentage of perpetrators, nearly 80 percent (79.9%), were parents of the victim, including birth parents, adoptive parents, and stepparents."

I understand. But, we have been warned by Tricia and mods on this thread. That's what I was getting at.

And by all means copy and paste her warning. It's never a bad thing to bump up a reminder. My point is, is alot of comments don't need to be made if we just do it, alert button or bump up a warning.

Maybe in respect to Shaniya, we should have a day of silence. Everyone is rightfully angry at losing this angel and it might help everyone focus on her as a lovely child who was adored, instead of her as a victim of crime.

But she is a victim of a crime and this is a crime forum. :waitasec:

At this point, no one will see me step up and defend the father nor the mother.

The ones I will defend though were those innocent children in attendance. I know with 100% certainty and don't need a link to back it up that those children did nothing to harm Shaniya and should not be labeled as beasts..
If that makes me wrong, then I I'll just be woman enough to admit I AM WRONG!
I will defend a child any day over an adult..
And I will fight for a child any day over an adult.
I will apologize if I offended anyone regarding the funeral, but will not apologize for being a voice to those beautiful children who stood and sang their hearts out for a beautiful little life that was ended too soon!

Huh? Everything that I have read makes it clear that it was AD who asked BL for a chance to be a mother. This was HER idea, and BL believed it was the right thing to do to give her another chance.

The suggestion that BL was looking to send Shaniya away, that he somehow couldn't be bothered to raise her anymore after investing 4 years into giving her a wonderful childhood, is completely without foundation and ludicrous. One look at the pictures of Shaniya are proof enough of how much she was cherished and loved, and shows the lie of that allegation.

Well we have read different things, BL's father inlaw quoted BL saying it was time to make her start being a mother. Paying child support does not make a good father nor does farming your daughter out to different woman to be their mothers.

And by all means copy and paste her warning. It's never a bad thing to bump up a reminder. My point is, is alot of comments don't need to be made if we just do it, alert button or bump up a warning.

Thank you. That's what I was trying to do and didn't know how.
Cleo helped me out.

FYI, an alert button is to be used for a post that violates the TOS. The alert button is not there because someone has a different opinion than yours.

At this point, no one will see me step up and defend the father nor the mother.

The ones I will defend though were those innocent children in attendance. I know with 100% certainty and don't need a link to back it up that those children did nothing to harm Shaniya and should not be labeled as beasts..
If that makes me wrong, then I I'll just be woman enough to admit I AM WRONG!
I will defend a child any day over an adult..
And I will fight for a child any day over an adult.
I will apologize if I offended anyone regarding the funeral, but will not apologize for being a voice to those beautiful children who stood and sang their hearts out for a beautiful little life that was ended too soon!

You will not hear any of us defending them. And I sure have not.
But I do respect funerals, and appropriateness...
As far as other people traditions and customs who are any of us to tell them how to do it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood