Teresa N., Haleigh's paternal grandmother #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron would not want to pay child support, IMO. He has no reason to pursue this one. It would rain on his parade if proven he is the father. This child is very disabled...God bless the child.

I would be interested in the answer to this as well Pondering, I also wanted to ask a question for any of legal eagles who might possibly know the answer. Actually a couple...lol. I always have more questions than answers it seems.

1) If Ronald suspected the child was his and he asked for a DNA test would Amber have to comply? Would he need a court order to get DNA or something?

2) Why wouldn't the child's grandmother( who I understand to be taking care of the baby) want to do the DNA to find out who the biological father is so that the child can be supported monetarily. If there are aggravating circumstances with the father wouldn't the courts protect the rights of the child? I mean just because there is a DNA test confirming who the father is, I don't think that means the father would have instant rights to visitation. Wouldn't that be a matter for family court? I just feel that no child asks to be born, and both the mother and father should support the children that never asked to be brought into the world to begin with.

I agree elle! and I'm not a legal eagle, but have worked in the Family Court System in my state quite a bit. I believe that Amber would have to comply, Ron might would have to push for it though if she didn't volunteer. I don't know that he (or many other young men to be honest) would or not because then he would have to pay child support.
As to your 2nd part, that's the part that has bothered me so much discussing it on here, because some say that Amber nor her grandmother wanted his support. I say unless they are well off and able to provide for baby J without assistance (maybe they don't get assistance IDK, but my money is on yes) then that is not a call for them to make. More than anything Baby J deserves to at least KNOW who his father is (or isn't) and that fact to be acknowledged whether the parties involved think so or not IMO. The single fact that Ron acknowledges that Baby J might be his and to my knowledge (that's why I was asking cajun) has never done anything to find out, which IMO would speak greatly to the type of man he is. (or isn't) It would tell me much about his 'character' and very well could make me see him in a different light. Perhaps cajun will come back and answer. :)

I would be interested in the answer to this as well Pondering, I also wanted to ask a question for any of legal eagles who might possibly know the answer. Actually a couple...lol. I always have more questions than answers it seems.

1) If Ronald suspected the child was his and he asked for a DNA test would Amber have to comply? Would he need a court order to get DNA or something?

Ron would have to petition the Court to get a DNA test. In the first instance, the Court pays for the test. If it is proven Ron is the father, he reimburses the court. That is how it works in FL. (My friend just went through the process there).

2) Why wouldn't the child's grandmother( who I understand to be taking care of the baby) want to do the DNA to find out who the biological father is so that the child can be supported monetarily. If there are aggravating circumstances with the father wouldn't the courts protect the rights of the child? I mean just because there is a DNA test confirming who the father is, I don't think that means the father would have instant rights to visitation. Wouldn't that be a matter for family court? I just feel that no child asks to be born, and both the mother and father should support the children that never asked to be brought into the world to begin with.

There could several reasons that Amber/and the grandmother do not want financial help from anyone with the child. If they are receiving state aid, any money coming into the home counts as income. Certain "welfare" programs have limits on the amount of income you can be bringing in per month or you are disqualified. That is a guess on why they may not want child support?

You are correct about visitation. Family court (generally "Superior Court" - and sometimes "Probate Courts" handle family matters, such as visitation and child support matters. IF Ron were proven to be the father of the child with a DNA test and he petitioned the court for visitation, that would be handled in Court and a schedule would be set up, child support would be ordered, along with a whole host of other issues (who claims the child for tax deductions, medical insurance, uninsured medical expenses, etc).

My answers in purple in the above post. Hope you don't mind, Elle. :)

Hmmm. The mother and grandmother don't want support from Ron. It is not what they want or don't want that matters. The child is owed the support, it is his - not theirs to deny to him. I suppose 2 things: Ron is not on the birth certificate; and Mary gets State Assistance for J. Mary and J survive off of the State Assistance and Ron doesn't have to pay child support. Fine. However, Mary could keep the SA and Ron would still have to pay support, so why hasn't Amber filed the paperwork?

Not his child is the only reason I can think of.

My answers in purple in the above post. Hope you don't mind, Elle. :)

Of course I don't mind. Everything you said makes plenty of sense. I just haven't read enough or searched enough to develop an opinion on the relationship between Ronald and Amber and the paternity of her child. I know one thing though, I don't believe for a second that if this child or the household are collecting any money from the state or government programs that they would not step in and inquire as to who the biological father is. I have limited experience with this but I do know that my sister is disabled, she lost her leg in a car accident. She collects SSI or SSD, I can't remember which I get the two confused, but anyway she has 6 children from a couple different fathers and she always had to disclose the father and they took him to court on her behalf. The one exception was if my sister felt that giving up the father would put her in harms way
or put her at risk for domestic violence, in that case she could refuse.

So, I don't know. Seems like the grandmother would seek any resources that were available to her in my opinion.

I'd say it is more likely that RC does not want to pay child support.

She does not want him and his family in her child's life or she would have filed against him. It is most likely the State is supporting this child as he is very disabled.

RC did not have a problem with saying it is possibly his. IMO, it most likely is his or he would have denied it.

One question Whisperer, if you know, what is the child's disability? Whatever, it's very sad that there's possibily another child out there who Ron did not legally give his name to. I think for Christmas Ron should get a snip, snip as a gift. At least he does seem to stay with one woman at a time. jmo

No DNA tests have ever been done because Amber didn't show up when they went to get tested. You can put anyone's name on the BC but that doesn't mean they are the father. ;) Amber's grandmother, Mary, is raising him. Lisa B. took off to VA sometime back in the beginning of summer and of course Amber is still in jail where she is probably better off anyway, at least she's not strung out on drugs.

bumping in hopes that cajun replies..
Or anyone that knows where I can find this info, I had never heard this before. Anyone?

The child was born with microcephaly.

Do you know if the child is aware of his surroundings and people? I sort of cringe thinking of Misty babysitting him and threatening to take him along with the man some months back. If the grandmother takes good care of him and is fit, then the little boy is probably in the best place for stability and medically. Of course, Misty may still be in his life since she still runs with Nay Nay who is friends with Amber.

You cannot imagine how many women claim they do not know who the father of their child is. The state can ask, beg, cajole, but if you claim you do not know, they cannot make one up.

The only one to benefit from Ron not being identified is Ron. Amber still gets assistance from the State and Ron is not required, forced to pay anything as long as he is not identified. Oh, wait, if Amber has some type of deal with Ron on providing her with drugs, she could benefit also from him not being identified. That is purely speculation but it has always been my opinion. So, its win win for Amber and Ron. Amber is not concerned with her son's rights. She is a drug addict, she is concerned with her drugs. Amber's grandmother is concerned with existing in life and probably actual love for the infant. Shes not going to step up and out Amber. So to actually believe this scenario, you would have to accept that Amber is a heavy drug user, and that Ron sells drugs, which I do. My opinions only.

One more thought, if someone is ordered to pay child support , that usually is until the child is 18 or until the child is finished with school, or if a child is disabled severely, it would never end.

Do you know if the child is aware of his surroundings and people? I sort of cringe thinking of Misty babysitting him and threatening to take him along with the man some months back. If the grandmother takes good care of him and is fit, then the little boy is probably in the best place for stability and medically. Of course, Misty may still be in his life since she still runs with Nay Nay who is friends with Amber.
Where did you hear Misty babysat J.? I have never heard that, and Since Amber didn't work and lived w/ her Grandmother, I don't think se needed a babysitter. Misty and Amber were frenemies, Amber was babysitting Jr. and Misty called to tell Ron that it was not a good situation for Jr. IIRC, this can all be found in the stickies. Also, baby J is living w/ his GGM, so I don't think Misty and Nay Nay are hanging out with her, imo.

IMO, bottom line is until proven otherwise, baby J. is not RC's child. A Maybe is not enough for me. moo.

Where did you hear Misty babysat J.? I have never heard that, and Since Amber didn't work and lived w/ her Grandmother, I don't think se needed a babysitter. Misty and Amber were frenemies, Amber was babysitting Jr. and Misty called to tell Ron that it was not a good situation for Jr. IIRC, this can all be found in the stickies. Also, baby J is living w/ his GGM, so I don't think Misty and Nay Nay are hanging out with her, imo.

IMO, bottom line is until proven otherwise, baby J. is not RC's child. A Maybe is not enough for me. moo.

Somewhere WAY back in the beginning this came up IIRC in the MySpace pages, don't remember where and I don't have a link. ;)

bbm~ apparently a 'maybe' IS good enough for Ron, as sad as that is.

Since this is TN's thread, I s'pose I should leave this topic alone here. Good day curve!

(Respectfully snipped by NMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun
No DNA tests have ever been done because Amber didn't show up when they went to get tested. You can put anyone's name on the BC but that doesn't mean they are the father. Amber's grandmother, Mary, is raising him. Lisa B. took off to VA sometime back in the beginning of summer and of course Amber is still in jail where she is probably better off anyway, at least she's not strung out on drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondering Mind
Wow, is this true cajun? Did Ron request a DNA test to be done and Amber not show up? I had never heard that before. If I knew for a FACT that he had ever tried to find out whether baby J was his or not, it might raise my opinion of him a notch. When did this take place?

Is there a link somewhere to this information you speak of Cajun? (RC present but Amber a no-show for DNA testing...) I'd love to see/read! TIA

(Respectfully snipped by NMS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun
No DNA tests have ever been done because Amber didn't show up when they went to get tested. You can put anyone's name on the BC but that doesn't mean they are the father. Amber's grandmother, Mary, is raising him. Lisa B. took off to VA sometime back in the beginning of summer and of course Amber is still in jail where she is probably better off anyway, at least she's not strung out on drugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondering Mind
Wow, is this true cajun? Did Ron request a DNA test to be done and Amber not show up? I had never heard that before. If I knew for a FACT that he had ever tried to find out whether baby J was his or not, it might raise my opinion of him a notch. When did this take place?

Is there a link somewhere to this information you speak of Cajun? (RC present but Amber a no-show for DNA testing...) I'd love to see/read! TIA

My respect for Ron is zero and it would raise it to a .05 if he really wanted to find out if this baby was his.

No DNA tests have ever been done because Amber didn't show up when they went to get tested. You can put anyone's name on the BC but that doesn't mean they are the father. ;) Amber's grandmother, Mary, is raising him. Lisa B. took off to VA sometime back in the beginning of summer and of course Amber is still in jail where she is probably better off anyway, at least she's not strung out on drugs.

Cajun,
You can not state something as fact without a link. You know that we have never heard this information. Where did you?

Hmmm. The mother and grandmother don't want support from Ron. It is not what they want or don't want that matters. The child is owed the support, it is his - not theirs to deny to him. I suppose 2 things: Ron is not on the birth certificate; and Mary gets State Assistance for J. Mary and J survive off of the State Assistance and Ron doesn't have to pay child support. Fine. However, Mary could keep the SA and Ron would still have to pay support, so why hasn't Amber filed the paperwork?

Not his child is the only reason I can think of.

I don't know if the baby is RC or not. But he is listed on the BC. Also the reason Mary don't ask for support is cause she has custody of J and if she asked for Child Support RC and AB would have to pay not just RC. AB don't work and I really don't think grandma would go after her. I remember reading one of AH articles where Mary get SS for J.

I just went and looked at Putnam Civil Dockets RC has made no claim to AB for DNA testing. So if AB didn't show up in court it was not Putnam County

ETA Sorry Mods just seen I wasn't on the RC thread. Was just reading and reply sorry

I don't know if the baby is RC or not. But he is listed on the BC. Also the reason Mary don't ask for support is cause she has custody of J and if she asked for Child Support RC and AB would have to pay not just RC. AB don't work and I really don't think grandma would go after her. I remember reading one of AH articles where Mary get SS for J.
This is the first I have heard of this? Do we have a copy of little J's birth certificate? (ETA: I hope not.) From what you posted I can understand GGM not going for support but why didn't Amber? Things must be different in NC, my friend had a child by a man she was not married to and they would not put his name on the BC unless he came to the hospital with a photo ID and HIS BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth