NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost caught up... was really disappointed to read this statement.

"We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision. We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones," he said...

Lockhart said he didn't think he missed any warning signs that Shaniya would be at risk if he accepted Davis's request to help raise the girl.

"I don't think I really missed any. Of course there's always speculation. There's always things you could look at and say, well maybe, maybe not," Lockhart said.

I think it's pretty clear this choice wasn't the "correct one." And I am sad to think that in hindsight even, he sees no reason he shouldn't have sent her there... in fact, it sounds to me like he's saying there's no reason, given the same circumstances, to not do it again. Honestly it's just heartbreaking when we can't reflect and learn anything from even the most tragic consequences--the death of this beautiful child. Or make the link--even in retrospect--between our choices or judgment, and the outcome.

Meanwhile wondering if anyone can kindly tell me why BL even needs a lawyer--any lawyer, from any state--seriously, I don't get it.
:waitasec:

:parrot:

Has anyone ever thought that it is possible that AD said Coe was the one that took Shaniya because MAYBE it was Coe that she "sold" Shaniya too. Maybe? just maybe. again this is just MO.

I am wondering if she just guessed or said maybe it was Coe?

There was no mention of the trailer park video surveillance capturing mom handing her daughter over and I' equally sure the child wasn't standing outside alone & waiting to be picked up by Mario....as he is claiming.

Mario is a child rapist and murder, his word means NOTHING to me.

I feel mom's 911 call sounded legitimate.

It's still my opinion, that Mario, initially charged with kidnapping claimed mom gave him the child. In his mind, erasing the "kidnapping." IMO I also believe LE is hard at work investigating and trying to make mom's charges stick. If she did indeed sell her baby's body to be used for sex, I hope to God they can nail her for it. To date, I just haven't seen, heard or read anything to substantiate the charges against her.

The reason I question whether we can say for sure that AD was not getting assistance for Shaniya is that despite the fact that she was not residing there (til recently apparently) many parents, particularly ones that play fast and loose with custody or when a child bounces back and forth, commit fraud by applying for assitance whether the child actually lives with them or not. It happens every day all over this country. Who's to say that she hasn't been collecting for Shaniya for years. Not saying I have any proof that she is but simply suggesting that just because we are law abiding rule following folk, she was not and we cannot say for sure that AD was not collecting til we have it confirmed by some sort of official confirmation.

Note to self....DO NOT watch anymore self-serving media performances by BL.

His lecturing on what society and communities should do to prevent another tragedy like what happened to Shaniya is infuriating!! HE put Shaniya in that environment....HE did that! And, put the onus on HER to call HIM!! She was 5 years old, FGS!! Bless her heart...

Maybe that is why he MAY have had lunch with the Anthony's :eek:
That comment was made in jest, I'm pretty sure.

Another reason to keep the mention of the Anthony's out of Shaniya's case.
They make me vomit.

The reason I question whether we can say for sure that AD was not getting assistance for Shaniya is that despite the fact that she was not residing there (til recently apparently) many parents, particularly ones that play fast and loose with custody or when a child bounces back and forth, commit fraud by applying for assitance whether the child actually lives with them or not. It happens every day all over this country. Who's to say that she hasn't been collecting for Shaniya for years. Not saying I have any proof that she is but simply suggesting that just because we are law abiding rule following folk, she was not and we cannot say for sure that AD was not collecting til we have it confirmed by some sort of officail confirmation.

IMO, I would think that IF AD was collecting assistance for two children, this would have been uncovered in July when DCFS investigated AD. If anything, DCFS would have asked where is Shaniya?

His lecturing on what society and communities should do to prevent another tragedy like what happened to Shaniya is infuriating!! HE put Shaniya in that environment....HE did that! And, put the onus on HER to call HIM!! She was 5 years old, FGS!! Bless her heart...

I couldn't agree more. He makes my BLOOD BOIL!

So BL wasn't even in the picture at that point... had been gone out of town for a week. So while Shaniya is staying w Aunt Carrie, exactly how does this selfless, benevolent gesture take place, who called who to prompt the Aunt to do this. That is what doesn't add up to me--did BL call the Aunt and tell her, "I want you to drop Shaniya off because AD needs to be a mother now." Or did AD call Aunt and say, "I want you to bring Shaniya because BL believes I need to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "I'm tired of dealing w this," and BL said "AD needs to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "AD needs to be a mother now."
:confused:

No really. I don't understand how this went down. Do we know?

IMO, I would think that IF AD was collecting assistance for two children, this would have been uncovered in July when DCFS investigated AD. If anything, DCFS would have asked where is Shaniya?

DCFS would have no idea.

They responded because there was an allegation of abuse, neglect etc that's all that is investigated. The case was closed so the allegation IMO was determined "unfounded." There is little to no agency communication between divisions.

People collect for children not residing with them all the time.

If Ad just did not bring her they would call the home of the Child to review...
Would they call AD or would they call BLs sister aunt Carie?
If they called AD she could have told them she has the Flue now.

My daughter is a level III Social Worker with DSS in CPS in North Carolina about 3 hrs away from where this little angel went missing. NC CPS would show up on the door step of AD. They do not have to call ahead and the flu wouldn't stop them from checking on the welfare of the child if they thought she was in danger.

IMO, I also don't feel that AD was on any public assistance regarding Shaniya during the time frame of Oct 9 to Nov 10. It takes time to process this paperwork. Also, Brad would have to be notified because AD would have to admit who Shaniya's father is etc.

At some point Brad's financial status would come forward. IF anything, court ordered child support would have been enforced by DCFS especially since BL had Shaniya all those years.

Per court records, the Fayetteville Housing Auth filed their first ejection notice on 4/3/07, continued to file notices of ejections, and were granted final ejection on 12/29/08 and papers were delivered to AD on 1/6/09.

So BL wasn't even in the picture at that point... had been gone out of town for a week. So while Shaniya is staying w Aunt Carrie, exactly how does this selfless, benevolent gesture take place, who called who to prompt the Aunt to do this. That is what doesn't add up to me--did BL call the Aunt and tell her, "I want you to drop Shaniya off because AD needs to be a mother now." Or did AD call Aunt and say, "I want you to bring Shaniya because BL believes I need to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "I'm tired of dealing w this," and BL said "AD needs to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "AD needs to be a mother now."
:confused:

No really. I don't understand how this went down. Do we know?

What I have seen in the media is that 2 days after she was dropped off, there was a call to Carey, telling her that she wouldn't see Shaniya again. Then the exchange, which I assume was by phone, between BL and AD, where AD says she wants keep her for a while longer.
I am not sure of the time when the alleged convo about AD wanting to keep her occurred.
And considering that the info about exchanges between AD and BL came from BL, not sure how much is considered reliable.

My daughter is a lever III Social Worker with DSS in CPS in North Carolina about 3 hrs away from where this little angel went missing. NC CPS would show up on the door step of AD. They do not have to call ahead and the flu wouldn't stop them from checking on the welfare of the child if they thought she was in danger.

In NJ any allegation must be investigated within 24 hours. If it's urgent...there are emergency workers that can show up in the middle of the night, if need be. And no, they don't call ahead!

Good point. I had forgotten about DCFS involved earlier in the year. Although, having dealt with public aid and the welfare system in the past, I can say with absolute certainty that the left hand of federal govt almost NEVER knows what the heck the right hand is doing!

Once again it's someone else's responsibility to take care of his child. Not only do I get the impression that he sees nothing wrong with what he did, he would do it again!

So what's his excuse for not calling her after not hearing from her for three days....a week...three weeks.....five weeks?

:praying: NEW CHARGES PLEASE...
Otherwise BL will be the only focus for the week, and he has been rehashed and rehashed for days now.
So while I see sever negligence the case is not all about him.

I am afraid however that since most of the Clan are street people the LAW of the street, is not to talk at all.
I sure hope someone will get high enough to blah.....blah...blah... and tell someone something to result in a tip that lead LE to some more answers.
There is a reason she is being accused of trafficking, and they must hold that close to their vest.

http://www.fayettevillemetrohousingauthority.org/index.asp?Page=FAQ#6
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I BRING WITH ME TO APPLY FOR PUBLIC HOUSING?
You will be required to bring Social Security cards and birth certificates for all household members; and current picture identification for all members of the household that are 18 years of age and older.

I'm pretty sure AD could have pulled off the scam of saying Shaniya lives with her. Doesn't seem like it would take much.

DCFS would have no idea.

They responded because there was an allegation of abuse, neglect etc that's all that is investigated. The case was closed so the allegation IMO was determined "unfounded." There is little to no agency communication between divisions.

People collect for children not residing with them all the time.

I agree, people collect for children even when they don't live with them. However, IF there were two children on the application for assistance, IMO, DCFS would have asked to look at the other child in the household especially if DCFS was investigating abuse on A child.

My point mainly was regarding AD receiving assistance at the time Shaniya was living with her mother October 9 - November 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member