NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
...(snipped)...
The North Carolina Correctional Institution for Women (NCCIW), in Raleigh....(snipped)...The campus-style facility sits on 30 acres of a 190-acre tract of state land in southeast Raleigh.
...(snipped)...

AD's moving up, huh?

I totally agree. But lets just say they denied AD. AD could have just went there and taken her, there would be nothing anyone could do to prevent it.
It takes a lot of money to fight a custody battle, especially against a mother.
JMHO

And the mother has to have alot of money to fight it. She had no money.

This is the first I've read of DSS and Shaniya mentioned - it is from a family member so take with a grain of salt. DSS always gets blamed - don't think their role is to be mother and father.

Family members told ABC11 Eyewitness News that DSS has investigated Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, in the past, but Davis was allowed to keep Shaniya and her 7-year-old son.

Wonder what brought this move? Dang, I wish they would tell us something!

Cigarette burns are physical signs.....That would have been the time to handle this.
He could not get the other 3 kids...AND maybe sister could not take full custody...Just saying. Was she a single mom? did she have to work? (I know she lost her job a year ago).But prior to loss of job... Could she count on Brother or would she have to take him to court for support?
We do not know why Sis didn't get her.
HE COULD NOT GET HER, he already lost 3 VIA a Court order.
That's what's bothering me about blaming Carrie for not going to DCF.

I've been going over it for hours in my mind, and it all comes back to this: The smartest thing to do is go to the parent, who has a much higher standard than DCF, and I can easily hear the conversation and "what-ifs" when she approached BL.

i.e., If DCF did take action, what would it be? He has made it more than clear that didn't want the responsibility of custody, and they can't force him to take her against his will. What if they put her in foster care, which we've heard nighmares about.

But the odds are that DCF wouldn't do anything anyway, so all she would have accomplished is seriously angering and alienating BL and likely losing her access to Shaniya completely.

I'm trying to be fair, but it's just a whole heckuva lot easier and safer for a father (or a mother) to keep a child in his safe home and require the mother to get the court to force him to send the child to her pit of crime than it is for a friend or relative to force the father not to let the mother take the child in. :sheesh:

Wonder what brought this move? Dang, I wish they would tell us something!

Her safety!!!:banghead:She needs GP,but I guess for the unborn baby.I hope she don't get in a program that allows this monster to keep her baby for the first few months of life.She should never be around children again.MHO:furious:

This is the first I've read of DSS and Shaniya mentioned - it is from a family member so take with a grain of salt. DSS always gets blamed - don't think their role is to be mother and father.

Family members told ABC11 Eyewitness News that DSS has investigated Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, in the past, but Davis was allowed to keep Shaniya and her 7-year-old son.

That is interesting. I always wondered why half brother Byron mentioned that AD should have a second chance. What happened on her first chance??.

Also, I do not think that the Lockharts are rolling in dough. The reward for Shaniya was only $1000

"I don't think I really missed any. Of course there's always speculation. There's always things you could look at and say, well maybe, maybe not," Lockhart said.

Brad, quit talking. We've heard enough from you.

I realize the system is now responsible for her, but whatever may happen to her, if she sold this child, she deserves.

I watched the Today Show interview and I know BL had a total lapse of judgment and made a really negligent mistake, but my heart still goes out to him. He really loved her (I know...if he really loved her he would have done a better job of ensuring her safety) but I truly believe that he loved her and this situation is weighing heavy on his shoulders. Sorry...but my heart really goes out to him.
As for the case itself, the recap of the case before the interview did state the MAM is charged with kidnapping, murder, and rape...this disturbs me for the simple fact that if he is charged with kidnapping, how are they going to prove that AD willingly handed her over?

I watched the Today Show interview and I know BL had a total lapse of judgment and made a really negligent mistake, but my heart still goes out to him. He really loved her (I know...if he really loved her he would have done a better job of ensuring her safety) but I truly believe that he loved her and this situation is weighing heavy on his shoulders. Sorry...but my heart really goes out to him.
As for the case itself, the recap of the case before the interview did state the MAM is charged with kidnapping, murder, and rape...this disturbs me for the simple fact that if he is charged with kidnapping, how are they going to prove that AD willingly handed her over?

They happened at different times. Might have been the night before or the weeks before that she sold her.

Does it say in the charges that it was MAM's she sold her to? I can't remember.

i.e., If DCF did take action, what would it be? He has made it more than clear that didn't want the responsibility of custody, and they can't force him to take her against his will.

Sheesh, where did that come from, other than the total speculation of a few prolific posters who seem determined to slam this father regardless of how little is actually known with any acceptable degree of certainty regarding this whole situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$