Annette Sykes--Ron Cummings' Grandma

Status
Not open for further replies.

badme102

Former Member
Reaction score
I saw that a few people wanted a thread to sleuth Grandma Sykes, so....Here you are. :)

I have sleuthed out quite a bit about Annette. Let me know what questions peeps have and if I have answers, I'll post -with links, even, lol. :)

LFlorida, give us everything you have. :)

<insert music here> Where Do I Begin?

Lemme watch Nanz for now. I'll round up linx for you a little later. If I fail to do so, pls PM me. tia

I have sleuthed out quite a bit about Annette. Let me know what questions peeps have and if I have answers, I'll post -with links, even, lol. :)

LFlorida--thanks for offering :)

I am interested in any details regarding the charges filed against her for interference in child custody.

She was charged in the case involving her daughter, Katrina.

Thanks, Debs....must not have been well received by Katrina if she filed charges...:waitasec:

This article just tugged at my heart. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=148710&catid=3

snip~Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said her family is having a hard time this Thanksgiving.

"It's really hard to give thanks when part of your heart and family is not here and you don't know where they are," Sykes said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Sykes said her family doesn't feel much like decorating for the holidays, but it was important to do it for Haleigh's younger brother.

"If it weren't for Junior, we probably wouldn't," Sykes explained, "but he has to have some kind of normal life." ~ end snip

I wish I could tell her that it's a mad world we are living in these days and being "normal" is a thing of the past. All any of us can do, is do the best we can do.

LFlorida--thanks for offering :)

I am interested in any details regarding the charges filed against her for interference in child custody.

OK, I need to re-examine that whole ordeal. I read it early on, but did not know her daughter Katrina's backstory at the time.

In the meantime,

Granny Annie was an infant in 1945 and was included in the FL State Census of that year along with her older brothers and parents, and neighbors - which btw, included several Squires.

Annie was the only member of her family or origin who was born in FL, iirc. Her brothers were born in GA and AL. btw - Her 1st name is Dorothy, middle name is Annette, maiden name - you'll have to PM me for that if you don't already know it.

They lived in the Francis area of Putnam County. [On google maps, look WEST of Palatka on HWY 20.]

The 1945 FL Census pages are available publicly & free online, but right now my browser is hijacked (again.)

This article just tugged at my heart. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=148710&catid=3

snip~Annette Sykes, Haleigh's great-grandmother, said her family is having a hard time this Thanksgiving.

"It's really hard to give thanks when part of your heart and family is not here and you don't know where they are," Sykes said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Sykes said her family doesn't feel much like decorating for the holidays, but it was important to do it for Haleigh's younger brother.

"If it weren't for Junior, we probably wouldn't," Sykes explained, "but he has to have some kind of normal life." ~ end snip

I wish I could tell her that it's a mad world we are living in these days and being "normal" is a thing of the past. All any of us can do, is do the best we can do.

elle,
I believe what Annette meant by normal was "We need to bring joy and happiness into his life." Junior had no worries about Santa coming to his house until his sister HaLeigh disappeared from her bed without a sound after Christmas last year. In a traditional Christmas story Santa sneaks down the chimney in the middle of the night while the children lie sleeping in their beds and after he has finished placing their presents under the tree, he leaves the house without making a sound. If Junior believes someone stole into his house during the night while he was sleeping and took HaLeigh shortly after Santa was there, he might not feel comfortable knowing Santa is soon coming into his house while he is sleeping in the middle of the night this year. I hope Ron and his grief counsellor put their heads together and work something out in advance if this is a real fear for Junior.

She said that Jr needed as much normal as possible, and it seems like his great-gram went to a great effort to make that happen, and then his dad spent Thanksgiving with friends. I wonder if that's the norm for Jr.

I hope Annette was able to have her other great-grandchildren around her on this family-centered holiday.

For the life of me, I will never get how some people put all their faith and trust in this man/child rc. He is showing his narcissism more each day. I have no faith that JR will be okay. All of the Cummings/Squires seem to have run ins with the law at some point. How in the world can JR be the exception....not gonna happen. They all have GGMA in common. Maybe she is the type that gives them too much....whatever it is, these kids all seem to have behavior and/or addiction/criminal historys. IMO....and they all have kids who have seen the color of the paint inside jail cells too.

Does anyone have the real details of AS's interference with custody issues? I can't recall the water-downed version we got last time.

I would also like to know why she (AS)is listed as living on Rita Lane last year. As reported before, you would think this is some beach-front property location and not a 12 ft wide single trailer parked in the middle of nowhere with no parcel number and the owners can't be traced but they own every addy on the street but 105. No listing of owner or even the place really exists.

Now, we did manage to see some pics of what was assumed to be 105 Rita and we also saw an out of place mailbox with Neves's name in chalk on it. My hinky meter went up and I think this was staged for our eyes...call me cynical buy I am sure the family at least reads here.

... and then his dad spent Thanksgiving with friends. I wonder if that's the norm for Jr.

Is this true?

It seems the "norm" is to leave Jr. with drugging, boozing, promiscuous, hard-partying adolescents, so being with GGM is a great step-up! I wonder if RC thinks Jr's lifelong memories of his first Thanksgiving without Haleigh with dad being AWOL will be forgivable. It would be lovely to hope that RC might grow up, be less self-involved, and more attentive to his son by Christmas, but that's probably just a little boy's hopeless dream. And the cycle repeats...

Is this true?

It seems the "norm" is to leave Jr. with drugging, boozing, promiscuous, hard-partying adolescents, so being with GGM is a great step-up! I wonder if RC thinks Jr's lifelong memories of his first Thanksgiving without Haleigh with dad being AWOL will be forgivable. It would be lovely to hope that RC might grow up, be less self-involved, and more attentive to his son by Christmas, but that's probably just a little boy's hopeless dream. And the cycle repeats...

BBM

How do you know Junior was not with Ron?

Is this true?

The norm? IMO, if this was "the norm" DCF would have taken him when RC was investigated. And I don't think RC is "self involved" if he was he wouldn't have been able to raise and support 2 children w/ no help from the mother, imo. But I digress, this is GGM's thread not Ron's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46