DC - They did it for the show - Couple Crashes White House Dinner

I heard this morning they want a Reality Show.....this will give them exposure like ballon boy.

I think that's great!

Yikes - as in that's great they got in. Several failures here. It could have been a terrorist (yah, yah, they had to go thru several metal detectors). But getting that close to the President due to the Secret Service not following proper procedure. Man, did they not learn anything from 9/11?

And this couple isn't so hot either. They're named in at least 16 different civil suits in Fauquier County, sometimes as plaintiffs, sometimes as defendants.

And these bozo's have publicists? Hey, they will be doing press and media junkets next week. Wow!

If they lied to federal agents in order to get into the White House dinner, that is a federal crime, said Fran Townsend , CNN national security contributor.

Folks just don't waltz into a white house state dinner. I hope they don't benefit from this stunt.

Melanie

I think that's great!

I'm sure they'll think it's great when their sitting behind bars. It's a felony to lie to a federal agent. So when they were asked by the secret service were they invited and they said yes, they committed a felony. They were also trespassing.

I heard this morning they want a Reality Show.....this will give them exposure like ballon boy.

They were suppose to be on a new reality show for housewives in Washington, for Bravo. Bravo says they had nothing to do with it. I doubt they will use them now.

I'm sure they'll think it's great when their sitting behind bars. It's a felony to lie to a federal agent. So when they were asked by the secret service were they invited and they said yes, they committed a felony. They were also trespassing.

Well, I sure hope they don't serve any jail time! Perhaps instead they will receive a thank you from the White House for tipping them off to security loopholes!

Well, I sure hope they don't serve any jail time! Perhaps instead they will receive a thank you from the White House for tipping them off to security loopholes!

I think the opposite, they should make examples out of them, they took advantage of a situation. If we keep giving people slaps on the hand for pulling pranks eventually somebody is going to get seriously hurt.

Am I the only one who can think of ways to kill people that will still allow me to get through the metal detectors? I hope they throw the book at these two idiots.

I think the opposite, they should make examples out of them, they took advantage of a situation. If we keep giving people slaps on the hand for pulling pranks eventually somebody is going to get seriously hurt.

I hear you, but I can't help myself - I love a good prank! :)

I hear you, but I can't help myself - I love a good prank! :)
Okay, I hate what they did because of security reasons,

but,.... I admit, if Ashton Kutcher had done it as a 'punk', I would think it was great!

Of course, Ashton Kutcher could punk me anytime. (Sorry, Demi- no disrespect intended).

but,.... I admit, if Ashton Kutcher had done it as a 'punk', I would think it was great!

Of course, Ashton Kutcher could punk me anytime. (Sorry, Demi- no disrespect intended).

Maybe I just have a bad attitude about the "security" thing. I don't stress it because, honestly, there's only so much that can be done - if someone wants to "get" us or our leader, I'm pretty sure that they can. The world is filled with danger. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'm not scared of terrorists.

In any event, these folks weren't trying to "get" anyone....just attention for themselves. Rightly or wrongly, I think it's hilarious. And hey, maybe whoever dropped the ball somewhere on the security side of things will learn something - that's a good thing.

I have never watched PUNKED, but I loved Kutcher on That 70s Show!

There are boundries in life, and some people just don't get them. They think its all about ME, ME, ME.

I'm sure some heads will roll at the White House over this, as they should.

I watch all of the real housewife series, OC, Atl, NJ, NY, and they are mostly a goof, nothing overly serious. But this stunt, to me, is way overbounds. The news noted that this couple has over 14 lawsuits filed against them, and the winery they own is bankcrupt. So they fit the bill of most of the other housewives, pretending to be something they are not.

There are boundries in life, and some people just don't get them. They think its all about ME, ME, ME.

I'm sure some heads will roll at the White House over this, as they should.

I watch all of the real housewife series, OC, Atl, NJ, NY, and they are mostly a goof, nothing overly serious. But this stunt, to me, is way overbounds. The news noted that this couple has over 14 lawsuits filed against them, and the winery they own is bankcrupt. So they fit the bill of most of the other housewives, pretending to be something they are not.

There's no question that this couple has a strong stomach for legal missteps! Are they from one of those Housewives series - I've never watched any of those.

Yikes - as in that's great they got in. Several failures here. It could have been a terrorist (yah, yah, they had to go thru several metal detectors). But getting that close to the President due to the Secret Service not following proper procedure. Man, did they not learn anything from 9/11?

And this couple isn't so hot either. They're named in at least 16 different civil suits in Fauquier County, sometimes as plaintiffs, sometimes as defendants.

And these bozo's have publicists? Hey, they will be doing press and media junkets next week. Wow!

If they lied to federal agents in order to get into the White House dinner, that is a federal crime, said Fran Townsend , CNN national security contributor.
Folks just don't waltz into a white house state dinner. I hope they don't benefit from this stunt.

Melanie
I would actually love to see them arrested, so that any terrorists with bright ideas will never try it.:furious:
But now that they see it can be done...I bet there are a few at some drawing table.
Tells me how safe we really are they are all asleep at the wheel.
And whom ever is not afraid of terrorists should go on vacation in Israel maybe they can get a reality check.
I go from one end to the next by cab (yes expensive), wont even try the bus or trains. I am better safe then sorry.

There's a part of me that feels it should be outraged, and when I am done giggling, I might give that part it's due.
At the moment, I am too busy laughing at further proof of the inadequacy of our federal government.

I think they may actually recognize him :waitasec: LOL and if it was Ashton...may even invite him to sit down...Then would get rid of the dumb crew.....I am just kidding.... really.

IMHO anyone who would do something like this is only showing the terrorist that is NOT the tightest security.

I would actually love to see them arrested, so that any terrorists with bright ideas will never try it.:furious:
But now that they see it can be done...I bet there are a few at some drawing table.
Tells me how safe we really are they are all asleep at the wheel.
And whom ever is not afraid of terrorists should go on vacation in Israel maybe they can get a reality check.
I go from one end to the next by cab (yes expensive), wont even try the bus or trains. I am better safe then sorry.

It's not about reality-checks; it's about mindsets.

I'm not afraid of terrorists, but I understand and accept that they exist and that they do terrible things and wreak much havoc.

The couple who weasled their way into this dinner are attention-seekers, not terrorists....though I'll admit it's sometimes hard to tell the difference!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back