Dominic Casey: Motion to Strike Notice of Deposition & Motion for Protective Order#1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chiquita. Now I am getting confused because I thought I heard that the no clothes party was in May and Cindy was babysitting that night, and she was mad because she (Cindy) thought Casey was at work. It was in June that Cindy hadn't see Casey for a month, and since she knew Casey was still partying by checking out Casey and Amy's facebook, she was wondering where Caylee was. I think this is clear here that Cindy knew nothing about the Zanny Nanny until Casey started feeding that story to Cindy in June. But she certainly seems to have fed the nanny story to her friends because she wanted her friends to think she was "way cool". I've been mulling over a scenario where Casey finally had to come up with an accident theory for JB, and admitted the location approx of Cayley. Jose sent DC to look for the body and just couldn't find it because he was looking for a "body" and being a bit of a dumba?? it didn't occur to him there was almost nothing left and what was left was spread all over the place. I think it was JB on the phone, and that's why the many privileged motions. Since Cindy is such a blabber, I really really doubt JB would trust her with the "real" information that they were actually looking for Caylee. Am I way off base here?

Quote Respect logicalgirl :)
BBM

Yes. I am confused also. As I said, I had been under the same impression that it was Cindy that was watching Caylee the night of the no clothes party. But per this statement it is quite clear that Cindy thought Casey was at work but it is not clear where she thought Caylee was, but she thought Casey was a work. So, I am just assuming-in the most literal sense that Cindy thought if Casey was at work and she(Cindy)was not watching Caylee-then Cindy figured Caylee was with the nanny? I don't know. But, we know that Cindy was not watching Caylee that night and we know Casey was at the party and we know there never was a nanny.

As far as the rest of your post, totally. I could see it being JB on the phone, I could see Casey being able to "admit" something to JB that she would not tell her family. That would be why they have the motion to bar the videos of her visits with JB and then that is why DC is so worried. That makes even more sense than what I said, with it being an Anthony on the phone.

What my hope is, and maybe someone can clear this up for me: even if WE don't get to hear/see these tapes-LE or FBI have been able to review these and they have this information. My wondering is this: is there any information in the course of an investigation that is off limits to LE or the SA? Wouldn't anything that would help the case be something they would be privy to? TIA.

:cow:

With all due respect Chiquita, I believe what she actually said was "if they NEVER find her guess who spends eternity in jail." I remember this being gone over numerous times in the past in another thread(s)

Quote Respect SleuthyMama :)

YES! You are correct. I just went back to the transcript and you are correct it is NEVER. It is so very important that errors are corrected, and I thank you so much...! I will go back and edit my original post.

Thank you.

Quote Respect SleuthyMama :)

YES! You are correct. I just went back to the transcript and you are correct it is NEVER. It is so very important that errors are corrected, and I thank you so much...! I will go back and edit my original post.

Thank you.

No problem Chiquita. That's part of why we are here...to have each other's backs. :blowkiss:.

With all due respect Chiquita, I believe what she actually said was "if they NEVER find her guess who spends eternity in jail." I remember this being gone over numerous times in the past in another thread(s)

I agree, it was NEVER. Also in that time frame, when the text was sent, Caylee was assumed just MISSING, so I think KC was referring to "them" never finding her alive & with Nanny Zanny, to vindicate her claims and "prove" that kc was NOT lying. I do not think kc meant if they never find her body. JMO

This board is so respectful. I am loving it here.:):woohoo:

And, I still would like to know exactly what he is digging for in the small flowerbed with the hand trowel at that house? The "missing" blackjack? Caylees shoes and clothes "they haven't even found"? So many possibilities

What about the ring CA asked KC about - the Tiffany ring?

Tulessa, someone with a better memory than me will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure we saw it somewhere.

Ha, how's that for vague??

I'm sure you were looking for a link but that I don't have.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21405276/detail.html

(at the bottom of page 1) Notice of Filing of Privilege Log (entered with the clerk's office on Oct 21.)

Attorney for CASEY ANTHONY

I would blame the secretary for this for I can clearly see the attorney in a new case dictating this saying: "In the Casey Anthony case".... and the secretary typing in the signatory reflecting that information rather than thinking for herself, and Ms. T., in signing not even noticing. Stuff happens. Especially with the two "Caseys" involved.

DC went off the record with LE in his original interview at the time when they asked him if anyone gave him instructions about what to do if he found the body. They came back on record and moved ahead with the interview, IIRC.

He does not want to say the same things under oath, and no one has offered him immunity that I know of. After his taped interview with LE hit the airwaves, he started getting cagey-He was nasty to ZG's lawyers, then started to turn on the state and file these motions we are seeing now.
He began to lie about the times frames of his service engagements with JB, KC and CA/GA. I will post links to his conflicting statements regarding his legal agreements, if anyone needs them-But all you have to do is listen to his interview with LE, then look at his motions and his testimony before Judge Rodriguez (what little of it the judge allowed).

IIRC didn't Morgan file a motion to address or show that DC had lied or gave conflicting testimony during one of the civil hearings?

I would blame the secretary for this for I can clearly see the attorney in a new case dictating this saying: "In the Casey Anthony case".... and the secretary typing in the signatory reflecting that information rather than thinking for herself, and Ms. T., in signing not even noticing. Stuff happens. Especially with the two "Caseys" involved.

Sorry, I disagree. Anyone signing anything should read it through first. Blaming the secretary doesn't cut it. You sign it, you are responsible.

I agree, it was NEVER. Also in that time frame, when the text was sent, Caylee was assumed just MISSING, so I think KC was referring to "them" never finding her alive & with Nanny Zanny, to vindicate her claims and "prove" that kc was NOT lying. I do not think kc meant if they never find her body. JMO

Quote Respect LisaNY :)

Yes, the "ever" really being "never" very much changes this statement. I am really sorry for getting that wrong. With the "ever" it seems that Casey is almost confessing, but with the word being NEVER-what you are saying about her trying to push the "nanny" story would make sense.

So, is Casey here saying, "I gave her to the nanny and the nanny has taken her and if they "never" find her guess who goes to jail for eternity?" Ahhh, I get it: she was establishing that if Caylee is never found(with the nanny, which she says is the truth)then no one will believe her and then she(Casey)will spend "eternity" in jail. Okay.

But, Casey had not been arrested yet, that came later that same day. And, why would Casey assume that even if the nanny wasn't found(and by extension Caylee)that she(Casey)would be the one who was blamed? I mean, I know why-because it is my opinion that Casey is guilty-but why would Casey assume this? Sorry to re-hash something that I know has been covered by WSer who were working on this long before me. I transcribed some of the transcription from AH's statement(because you can't copy and paste those docs!) and after this post I will pull up that/those threads and continue my speculation there.

To stay ot here: can someone tell me when the judge would rule whether or not DC had atty client privilege and if he has to testify or if that privilege is only about whether he can be deposed? Or is it all the same thing? TIA

...jmo...

Did we ever see this text message?

Quote Respect Tulessa :)

That is a good question, I'd like to see the original, don't know if it would be in the docs of text messages. Where I got this from is AH's interview with LE. She says that when she went to get her checkbook from Tony's apartment that Tony didn't show it to her but he pulled it up and read it to her. She also says that Tony told her that he informed LE of the text.

To stay ot again(and it was ME who started anything off topic, but with me thinking it was "ever"-her statement fit with what I was saying about DC and his search):

Maybe Casey had Caylee in the back yard at that house, after she was dead before Caylee was moved to the woods? Ohh, wait-more lightbulbs going on-maybe Casey did put Caylee at the abandoned house but was not the one who moved Caylee to the woods? What if George followed Casey on the 24th and saw her put Caylee at that house, and then when Casey left he moved her to the woods? That might explain why Cindy wanted the searchers to stay away from the woods.

Then, Casey would have told JB that Caylee was at the house, not knowing about the woods. The flaw in my theory here is if DC was on the phone with JB he would have gone to the house first and never gone to the woods. But, if DC was on the phone with an Anthony(Lee giving the info George had given him)then DC would be looking in the woods and when he was not finding Caylee and really feeling he was in the right spot-Lee/George starts "brainstorming" and wonders if maybe Casey somehow figured out what he did and moved her back to the house?

This isn't really all that good, but there must be a reason that DC went to that house, and was cutting into trash bags and digging into a dirt planter that had those same pavers near and around it.

...jmo...

IIRC didn't Morgan file a motion to address or show that DC had lied or gave conflicting testimony during one of the civil hearings?

Quote Respect Intermezzo :)

I would like to know this also. I watched the civil hearing where DC gave the conflicting information-and I just figured this was another thing that someone was going to get away with in this case. If I can look up both his statements and see there is a conflict...and it drives me crazy...I sit and wonder why the court is not jumping on this conflict also. I hope you do remember correctly. I think DC's testimony is going to be very, very important in this case. And, I think what JB knows DC knows, is the very reason that everyone else connected with the remains has been accused of having something to do with either Caylee's demise or tampering of evidence that would clear Casey, by the defense-except DC.

...jmo...

Would he have maybe thought that taking the boy wonder, Lee, into his agency - that it might prevent him or Lee from having to testify? Not that it would, but I'm just trying to figure out what in the world he was thinking...

I guess the questions I would ask are
1. Why would Lee need to become part of a PI agency?
2 What kind of investigative work was he doing?

Hopefully we have a PI on the forum that could answer what more could Lee accomplish under the banner of a PI agency that he may not have been able to do out on his own.

Perhaps this may help shed some light on the "Lee knows what he has done"

There definately is one with sound! There is a thread here somewhere with it and listening to him really seals the deal for me that he knew for sure that she was there! And not because of a psychic!

Chefmom, any chance you have a link to the DC video with sound? I haven't quite figured out how to maneuver my way around the forum yet..... LOL

TIA!!!

DC doesn't want to be deposed........ever. His attorney, D. Tennis, has submitted a motion to strike notice of deposition and protective order, in hope of not having DC give a deposition.

The only reason someone would fear giving a deposition is two-fold. One, fear that if the truth given in the deposition, it would incriminate the person being deposed, or two, the truth would be very damaging to one or more other individuals. There's no reason for not telling the truth, unless it could lead to criminal charges, or offer further and conclusive evidence in this case.

I think DC's search of the woods on Suburban is a pivotal part of this case, and as toomanywords said, possibly the smoking gun.

At a time when the defense has pointed the finger at RK as a possible suspect, logic tells everyone that long before RK found Caylee's remains, the REAL killer had given information to a family member or her attorney as to the location of the body.

JB knew DC was searching the area off of Suburban and had admonished him not to call LE if he found the body. WHY? A defense attorney is supposed to defend his client, but is not supposed to become an accessory after the fact by withholding evidence. I think the body would be the major piece of evidence in this case.

Logic tells me that if DC had found Caylee's remains, and it was later learned that JB had directed the person who found the remains to not tell LE..............JB would be subject to charges of criminal misconduct.

The Anthonys are involved in the search by DC, as Cindy told Yuri Malich that "she had someone search that area a month ago and nothing was found."

If DC told the truth in a deposition, it could provide incriminating evidence, not only for the defendant, Casey, but for family members and JB.

The one un-answered question in all of this is what was the intention if DC had found Caylee's remains? Would Caylee's remains have been disposed of permanently? Would evidence have been planted pointing to another individual in her murder?

nnnaaaaaaaah!

DC doesn't want to be deposed........ever. His attorney, D. Tennis, has submitted a motion to strike notice of deposition and protective order, in hope of not having DC give a deposition.

The only reason someone would fear giving a deposition is two-fold. One, fear that if the truth given in the deposition, it would incriminate the person being deposed, or two, the truth would be very damaging to one or more other individuals. There's no reason for not telling the truth, unless it could lead to criminal charges, or offer further and conclusive evidence in this case.

I think DC's search of the woods on Suburban is a pivotal part of this case, and as toomanywords said, possibly the smoking gun.

At a time when the defense has pointed the finger at RK as a possible suspect, logic tells everyone that long before RK found Caylee's remains, the REAL killer had given information to a family member or her attorney as to the location of the body.

JB knew DC was searching the area off of Suburban and had admonished him not to call LE if he found the body. WHY? A defense attorney is supposed to defend his client, but is not supposed to become an accessory after the fact by withholding evidence. I think the body would be the major piece of evidence in this case.

Logic tells me that if DC had found Caylee's remains, and it was later learned that JB had directed the person who found the remains to not tell LE..............JB would be subject to charges of criminal misconduct.

The Anthonys are involved in the search by DC, as Cindy told Yuri Malich that "she had someone search that area a month ago and nothing was found."

If DC told the truth in a deposition, it could provide incriminating evidence, not only for the defendant, Casey, but for family members and JB.

The one un-answered question in all of this is what was the intention if DC had found Caylee's remains? Would Caylee's remains have been disposed of permanently? Would evidence have been planted pointing to another individual in her murder?

Baez even told the public in one of his press conference to call his law office if they had any information on the case, which I found to be bizarre. I really hope he gets disbarred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane