The dead squirrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenoshaKid

All the darkness in the world cannot put out a sin
Reaction score
I believe this will be one of the key pieces of circumstantial evidence for the prosecution. It shows that the accused recognized that there was a smell of decay in the car that needed to be explained away. It refutes GA's comment that "the person in the trunk of my granddaughter's (sic) car was NOT MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" If there were a dead body in KC's car and she found it, I can only assume she'd freak out and call police. If the SOD body was gone and only the stench remained, I assume she'd react the same way. Her reaction can only mean one thing - the smell could now be smelled outside of the car and she needed a plausible excuse for Amy since she needed Amy get gas cans and gas for her and drive her to her car. Since the prosecution can show that there were no remains of any animal plastered to the frame of her car, what can the defense say to counter? I think this tidbit is especially damning.

Every "mistruth" and "half-truth" that has been told in this case strongly suggests that Ms. Anthony is desperately trying to hide her guilt, and the squirrel story is yet another example of this. I hope that the prosecution lays all of her lies bare and makes this perfectly clear to a jury.

I believe this will be one of the key pieces of circumstantial evidence for the prosecution. It shows that the accused recognized that there was a smell of decay in the car that needed to be explained away. It refutes GA's comment that "the person in the trunk of my granddaughter's (sic) car was NOT MY GRANDDAUGHTER!" If there were a dead body in KC's car and she found it, I can only assume she'd freak out and call police. If the SOD body was gone and only the stench remained, I assume she'd react the same way. Her reaction can only mean one thing - the smell could now be smelled outside of the car and she needed a plausible excuse for Amy since she needed Amy get gas cans and gas for her and drive her to her car. Since the prosecution can show that there were no remains of any animal plastered to the frame of her car, what can the defense say to counter? I think this tidbit is especially damning.

The only thing the defense can come up with at this point IMO is that someone else killed Caylee and placed her dead body in Casey's trunk to frame her.

Casey smelled the decaying body and thought it was a squirrel she ran over. When she opened the trunk and found out it was her own daughter's dead body she panicked.

She felt no one would believe her when she told them she thought Caylee was with a babysitter only to find her dead in her car trunk. So, she panicked and she dumped the dead body in the woods.

KC's statement to Amy shows that she was not only aware of a stench of death in her car but that the stench was there long before the car was picked up from Amscot. That was no pizza or trash rotting for 19 days. Her statement to Amy on the 25th speculates on what is causing the smell. Her statement on the 27th is that she removed the offending object.

I don't know how the defense will counter this. Can you imagine all the lies KC will have to explain in the unlikely event that she takes the stand? No way she can put together a cohesive story that explains all her lies.

Or there really was parts of a dead animal underneath on the frame. I really wish LE would have let Dr Henry Lee back in there to inspect the frame. But they chose not to and now we have to deal with that.

Or, it was just a figure of speech. The real smell was the garbage. IMO

KC's statement to Amy shows that she was not only aware of a stench of death in her car but that the stench was there long before the car was picked up from Amscot. That was no pizza or trash rotting for 19 days. Her statement to Amy on the 25th speculates on what is causing the smell. Her statement on the 27th is that she removed the offending object.

I don't know how the defense will counter this. Can you imagine all the lies KC will have to explain in the unlikely event that she takes the stand? No way she can put together a cohesive story that explains all her lies.

Not only that but if an odor was coming from the trunk and a trash bag was in there more than likely it would have been thrown away there was a dumpster beside the car at Amscot.

Or there really was parts of a dead animal underneath on the frame. I really wish LE would have let Dr Henry Lee back in there to inspect the frame. But they chose not to and now we have to deal with that.

Waaaaay back there was a document that indicated the vehicle had been raised and the frame/chassis was inspected.

Link to Dr Lee not being allowed to go back in there please...

Do you have a link for LE not allowing HL back in to review the car?

I only recall HL never returning, in fact there is the recent motion that the Defense has inspected no evidence. Facts please?

No, we don't have to "deal" with that. Dr. Henry Lee not inspecting the frame for dead squirrels (which has been proven extensively does not smell like human decomposition) has no bearing whatsoever on what WAS in Casey's trunk.

Gosh, you must be a heck of a lot of fun at parties, you.

Do you have a link to those statements? I have been looking for those. thanks

Waaaaay back there was a document that indicated the vehicle had been raised and the frame/chassis was inspected.

Link to Dr Lee not being allowed to go back in there please...

Help me out here. I know it was one of the hearings. JB was questioning the evidence garage guy about not keeping his notes. I believe JB brought it up to the Judge about not being allowed to inspect the car and LDB came back with they had all day and they took a lunch at 4pm for 2 hours. Remember any of that? thanks

Not handy, no. They shouldn't be too difficult to find though. Amy's interview with detectives and KC's text messages from the 27th of June have these statements.

Do you have a link for LE not allowing HL back in to review the car?

I only recall HL never returning, in fact there is the recent motion that the Defense has inspected no evidence. Facts please?

Holy cow, what motion is that? Clearly Dr Henry Lee inspected the items in frrom the trash bag. Clearly the Defense has commented for months about discovery documents. Clearly the Defense was not allowed to be present at the dump site. HL did return and they wouldn't let him in.IMO

Help me out here. I know it was one of the hearings. JB was questioning the evidence garage guy about not keeping his notes. I believe JB brought it up to the Judge about not being allowed to inspect the car and LDB came back with they had all day and they took a lunch at 4pm for 2 hours. Remember any of that? thanks

I don't think I watched that hearing and now I am a questioning my recall about the vehicle inspection, wondering if it was Tony's vehicle hmmmm :waitasec: Can anyone shed light on this topic because I want information to be as accurate as possible?

Waitttttttttt a minute here. I thought he was allowed to inspect he car....

I read somewhere recently that KC told someone that Tony L. helped her remove the squirrels from her car. If this is true, the person she said this to can testify to yet another lie. Has anyone else seen this statement?

Anyone have any idea why she would claim the smell was gone, when it wasn't? Perhaps she had just tried to clean the trunk, and the smell was gone momentarily. Then, when it came back, she dumped the car???

Here is one link to the September 2008 documents released that mention Casey's statements about squirrels and the odor in her vehicle:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427045,00.html

The above link is old but this is when that information came out.

Here is one of a few links about Henry Lee inspecting Casey's car:
http://www.cfnews13.com/Features/CaseyAnthony/KeyPlayers/ExpertsAndConsultants.aspx

On that link just scroll down to the name Henry Lee.

On this link (direct transcript from the Nancy Grace show in which Grace speaks to Dr. Lee...he talks about all that he has examined in relation to the car) I snipped a portion of it as it refers to the car/odor and will also provide the link:

GRACE: Well, Dr. Henry Lee -- everyone, with us, he is on the Anthony defense team -- I know that you have the highest regard for the Oak Ridge Laboratories in Tennessee. I trained there myself for a period of time. According to them, and their -- their specialty unit, the "body farm," there was evidence of human decomposition. Would that be consistent with the smell that you smelled, Dr. Henry Lee?

LEE: Here, that`s -- you know, I`m a scientist. I only can address some scientific issue. I cannot speculate. Decomposition, because the trunk -- don`t forget, I looked at not only the car. Also looked at the liner, the carpet. Also looked at the content of the material. And I don`t know anybody informed me or not -- there are a lot of garbage was collected. A lot of material was collected from the trunk.

GRACE: Like what?

LEE: Like what? Like food, like meat, like pizza box, like cheese, like ham, box (ph) of soda, and all different material in there. So basically, a lot of maggots and a lot of insects, all kind of material mixed together. So I cannot really elaborate too much on what I found because this is an active case. I cannot really reach a conclusion at this moment.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/17/ng.01.html

I don't know the date of Dr. Lee's examination of the car itself but he arrived at the CSI place with Baez to inspect it. I don't know if or when he inspected the contents of the garbage bag found in KC's trunk.

11. 34am – There was definitely part of a dead animal plastered to the frame of my car

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77690"]Text messages - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

BBM. NO GARBAGE EVER smells like a decomposing body. Ask George and Cindy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆