2009.12.16 Motions denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just In!! other 2 decisions will be in later this afternoon!!!

Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case
Posted: 2:13 pm EST December 16, 2009
<snipped>
A motion for protective order was granted in regards to an interview with EcuuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan.

The judge also denied the defense's motion to destroy videos of family visits.

A double jeopardy clause motion filed by the defense was also denied

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21984104/detail.html

Once again The Honorable Stan Strickland demonstrates thoughtful consideration and excellent legal judgement. I had no doubts.

FYI: They are discussing the denial of the motions on In Sessions right now!!

JS's motions will be posted later this afternoon!!!

:angel:

I'm glad JS is taking all of the time he needed to make his decisions. :clap:

I was starting to get inpatient waiting for his descions!!!

Way to go JS!!!

:floorlaugh: I have never run to my PC faster than I just did, when they announced JS's decisions just now on InSession! LOL

I suspect at times, that JS already knows how he plans to rule, but wants to take the time to reference case law as a backup. Additionally, if he rules lightning fast it could appear that he did not actually take time to consider the motions. BTW...he has one of the highest ratings for a Judge in Orange County based on his fairness, knowledge of case law, and ethics.

This is definitely a good call on Sticklands part. It's saying "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about". It's saying "If kc makes herself look bad, it's her own fault". I also think it's a shot at the defense because why else would they try so hard to get the videos squashed?

I'm sure we'll soon be watching a presser or morning talk show with JB and/or the A's saying how awful it is that Strickland is refusing to allow them to visit. Spin, Spin, Spin. They live in a different universe.

Have been waiting for these ALL week! So far this does not bode well for the defense... still waiting on the real biggies though. Now, is there a seperate motion still out there as to whether the jail tapes can be made public, or just that they can't be destroyed (regarding family visits)?

HLN is also chiming in on this topic today.

Huh? HLN just said the protective order for the JJ video was a defense request - nooo - it wasn't.

I'm just so glad to see the people who are actually standing up for little Caylee. They are doing what her family has never done. JS and the state are trying to bring justice for what happened to Caylee. Whether it was kc or not, not one of the A's have tried to do so.

tragco Nope no jail tapes will be destroyed...IMO that means JB & Dream team visits & any of her so many friends (LOL) & family that visit can be destroyed.

The motions will be posted as soon as WFTV downloads them!

So glad to hear that JS is making KC's actions (and lack thereof) held accountable and justice for Caylee is also coming!

This is definitely a good call on Sticklands part. It's saying "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about". It's saying "If kc makes herself look bad, it's her own fault". I also think it's a shot at the defense because why else would they try so hard to get the videos squashed?

I'm sure we'll soon be watching a presser or morning talk show with JB and/or the A's saying how awful it is that Strickland is refusing to allow them to visit. Spin, Spin, Spin. They live in a different universe.

BBM.

You can make it work both ways, you can actually use the jail videos as positive propaganda to profess and demonstrate innocence -- it is just that KC and the A's are not good at that. KC especially needs acting class.

Either way, I doubt JB/KC will allow any family visits before trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member