The red rose - revisited

I am searching my notes, as I recall, someone said there were similar roses on AS front door, and these may have been purchased at "General Dollar" or "Dollar General" (whatever it is called)- will continue my search through my notes.
Does LE have the rose? Wish COB could help us out here...

B- That further explains the reason for the rose being found in that area. Sounds to me like it is a memorial. Have you ever kept flowers from a funeral? Sometimes that's just what we do to feel connected to our loved one after they have passed away. If it's true AS had the same type flowers on her door.........what could that possibly tell us?

1. AS knows about the rose and it's significance and possibly the location.
2. Obviously Misty knows about the rose, she told where it was at.
3. There are others who, imo, knows about the rose (Ron and TN)

4. At least AS and Misty knows Haleigh is dead

The day that "rose" story came out, i thought for sure they would have found HaLeigh that day.

The thing that has always bothered me with the rose, is it had to have some meaning.

How would Misty know where the rose is, IF she or someone in the Croslin/Cummings clan didn't plant it there?

Of course the rose make sense, b/c it would almost be like a make shift memorial, only for those involved to visit, b/c only they know where it is.

Why was the rose where it was found? Is this another attempt to derail the investigation?

I had asked when the rose stuff broke, why LE didn't start digging? I was told the ground was probed. To me, if i were the parent of a missing child and the last known person to see her offers up this info, i would have bull dosers all and sorts of equipment ripping up that ground. JMO

Now that we're revisiting this and able to put more pieces together, I'm mind-blown.

I didn't understand why the rose issue just seemed to fade away like it had no signifigance. MC didn't pull this out of the air. A child is missing and the last known person to see her says to go search again where the red rose is -- they go find the red rose -- then, what? I imagine some back woods LE standing there scratching his head saying "Well, ain't that somethin" and walking away. I can't believe that entire area hasn't been torn to shreads!

Then, when you put this shocking red rose info with the RR tracks, red truck, very specific info in the letter about the grave and the reference to the black bag (RJ said "man in black" took Haleigh) . . . Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor . . .

Why didn't LE hammer MC more about this? I don't care if her atty wouldn't let her talk. If they felt this rose was nothing, wouldn't they want to know why she sent them there? If they felt it was a hoax, why in the H*LL didn't they arrest her for obstruction or misleading?

The more I think about it, the more it just boggles my mind. It's a good thing I don't live in the area or I'd be pounding on LE's door right now! :banghead:

I'm wondering the same thing. If Ron was keeping Misty "close" just in case she knew something about where Haleigh was, then why didn't he just boogie on out to the rose location and search for Haleigh? JMO, it is because he knew she wasn't there. He knows where she is..........

Hey lonetraveler, I don't think Ron wants Haleigh found. Imo, he probably knows that she is down there but he seems like the kind of guy that would say, "If THEY want her, let THEM find her."

Something that just popped into my head -- GGMS had very similar roses on her front door -- in an interview (sorry, don't have the link in my pocket :crazy: ) GGMS stated something to affect that she felt Haleigh was "close" and "ok". Seems we've heard that carp before . . . .

So what is the rabbit thing all about?

Anybody?

Tell me 'bout the wabbits, George............tell me 'bout the wabbits.

(I'll be here all week. Try the chicken.)

As for why this rose story disappeared, I can remember post after post explaining to us why it was of no significance. In fact, most of those posts were rather abrupt about it.

Something that just popped into my head -- GGMS had very similar roses on her front door -- in an interview (sorry, don't have the link in my pocket :crazy: ) GGMS stated something to affect that she felt Haleigh was "close" and "ok". Seems we've heard that carp before . . . .

We sure have and guess what? Caylee's body was found in a wooded area close to home that had been previously searched.

I was just clicking around and saw that someone posted that they dug up Batchlr's well for this Rose search. [I think... might be confusing it w/scrubs search or Mondex search or wedding day search or TES searches.]

If someone knowingly provides false info, are they liable for the expenses of a search such as these?

Hey lonetraveler, I don't think Ron wants Haleigh found. Imo, he probably knows that she is down there but he seems like the kind of guy that would say, "If THEY want her, let THEM find her."

I agree, I think Ron definitely does not want Haleigh found. In fact I think that the times we have seen a smirk on his face is because he knows where she is and LE doesn't. He thinks it is cute that he knows and he won't tell. JMO.

I guess I don't understand that, Kimster. Another poster indicated that they were linked, and that where one finds the rose, so too shall one find the rabbit. Not just any rabbit, either, but SS's rabbit.

I guess I don't understand that, Kimster. Another poster indicated that they were linked, and that where one finds the rose, so too shall one find the rabbit. Not just any rabbit, either, but SS's rabbit.

I was under the assumption that the rabbit was a dream? My apologies! Dreams go in the dream thread. If I overlooked something, please continue with the rabbit. I trust your judgment on this.

I was under the assumption that the rabbit was a dream? My apologies! Dreams go in the dream thread. If I overlooked something, please continue with the rabbit. I trust your judgment on this.

No, the rabbit WAS in a dream, but ChesterP indicated that the rose (which was a dream, but 'came true') was connected to the rabbit (which was SS's dream) .......... ::sigh::

I guess this was just more esoteric than it was actual.

Wait, wait! chesterp said she saw it and knows where it was.

Please tell us where it was chesterp.

Baznme you know I usually agree with you 100% but this time I must take exception on several points. I will snip portions of your post and answer.
Please don't take offense to anything I say just wanted to clear up not only what you said but several others in their post. I know the area of the rose and well were searched completely many times. I don't think she is in that area because of the searches but once the underbrush dies back we may be able to do more. I will gladly go back and search if TM feels it is needed.

Also someone posted the pictures of cars parked at the recreation area, that means nothing it was just a staging area and we were taken to the search area next to the mobile home and left our vehicles there.

Hope this clears up some questions people have about the seriousness of the Haleigh search. Trust me it was a good search! By the way we were not told where in this area the rose was found.

Happy New Year
GrannyL

Then again.....it could be a good thing. There should be protocol followed that entails LE and the search teams working "together" so that one hand knows what the other is doing especially in a case where foul play is suspected.
On the search in the area the rose was found there was a select group of trained searchers approximately 22 (myself included). We had approximantly 12 LE officers with us every step of the way. They walked behind us and reviewed every little piece of anything we found. They had a Crime scene tech on site who reviewed everything. The area was very dense for the most part but very well searched. This was the third or more times TM group had searched the area. I personally know someone who searched the exact area on his on five or six times and he feels certain it's been covered as best it can be.

What areas were searched, It was the area between Green Lane, behind homes on Tyler and Seven Sisters Rd from next to R/R can't remember the road name down to the river. Same area as the well
what the terrain conditions were on that day, how much terrain was "able" to be covered and all signed off by LE as their personnel should accompany each team that goes out, As stated above the terrain was terrible in some areas and easier in others but all areas were searched and signed off by the Detective assigned to Haleighs case and the Sgt assigned they were both there all day with us.

andnot all standing around kibittzing about their training, their gf's or locker room talk. I never saw any if this happening we were way to busy, very hot for them to have time to be "kibittzing".

Also, with each LE Dept., it should be clear that the search organizations that are brought in should not be dictated to as to where they can search and where they can't. Not sure exactly what you are saying here but will answer anyway. LE does determine the areas to search. TM makes his suggestions based on many years of experience and usually LE know he knows what he is doing.

If anything, it should be policed as to WHO searches. As I said we were a select group brought in that day to search. It was not an open call for volunteers.

These weekend warrior people are doing nothing but trudging through terrain that potentially has all the clues but without the proper background info of the case likely are doing more harm than good......this is IMO. This really bothers me a lot. When I met you we were on a search together on the same team and I was the team leader and really didn't know what I was doing except following directions I was given. My first search. We were all doing the best we could back then. It was the first time TM group was in Florida.They had thousands of volunteer searchers so we were not well organized for sure. That has changed!! The group is now a very well trained group with a number of searches under our belts, sad to say. Our training is on going we can always learn. We don't just go into the woods on "real" searches we do mock searchs for training and believe me they are just like the real thing.

The pro's that have been doing this for years and nothing but this for years have the stats according to their own experiences as to how, where and when to search for a more likely successful find. It should be a joint effort. I agree and can honestly say our group is much better qualified than most LE. I consider TM a Pro. I have learned so much since that first day in Orlando and shudder thinking about some of the things we did wrong. I can assure you you will see few errors now when we have the core group searching. I think even when we have hundred or thousands of volunteers our Team Leaders now know exactly what to do if not they will ask questions and find out and direct their teams accordingly. I do know if there is a special area(s) of concern no one is allowed to search in those areas unless they are well trained, usually team leaders only.

I would like to add that the vegetation in Florida is still quite thick although beginning to die back due to the cold spells. When in full bloom, you cannot see a thing in the underbrush. So true it is terrible in some areas like Satsuma. We did not have the same kind of undergrowth in the Somer search in Orange Park just 54 miles north.[/

Sorry this is so long!QUOTE]

I can't get the map to post so here is the goggle address so you can see the area searched in the rose search. It would be Hunter Rd-Monroe Alley-Green Lane-Seven Sisters Rd. The entire wooded area in between the roads all the way to the river.
Hope this helps. If someone can post the picture of area please do.
ThanksGL

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=green+lane,+satsuma,+fl.&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=27.423305,76.904297&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Green+Ln,+Satsuma,+Putnam,+Florida+32189&ll=29.573158,-81.67305&spn=0.003667,0.009388&t=h&z=17>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back