OH - Up for Parole Child Killer... *extremely disturbing*

I am wondering about the sentence: 20-life? I can't bring myself to read too much about this crime, so forgive me but was it a plea deal or a judge/jury trial?

I went to the website that was given on this forum....filled out/signed the petition and wrote a letter. I think it is important that as many people as possible do this. It would be absolutely horrible to have Shafer running around free to harm another innocent child/person. He is a sick monster and this story will haunt me forever. I feel for the West family and all that they have gone through.

Just saw this in google, not sure if anyone has seen this -

http://www.whiznews.com/content/new...-convicted-murder-wants-to-keep-son-in-prison

His dad is saying that Billy is unstable and he (the dad) reckons he will kill again, he wants his son kept in jail!

I would think if his own parents don't want him paroled that that would carry a lot of weight with the parole board. Most parents do not step up and do the right thing but make excuses for their children.

Imo, his parole will be denied.

I am off to write my letter.

imo

I believe that this time his parole may be denied... but, what about all the future chances for parole he will get throughout his life?

Sadly, I don't have enough faith in the justice system anymore to rest assured this monster will spend the rest of his life in prison.

It wouldn't surprise me, if years down the road, some judge or parole board takes pity on this 'man' for being incarcerated for a crime he committed when he was "only sixteen".

We've seen it before. (Just think of Jaycee Dugard's abductor Garrido. He was released from prison early, after kidnapping a woman and raping her in a rented storage unit he had turned into a sexual torture chamber).

Will my letter count even if I don't live in Ohio? This is one of the worst crimes I have ever read about. This monster should have received the death penalty or LWOP! TIA

Given that parolees are often shipped to other states, this should be considered a national issue.

I also sent off a letter . Hope they keep him in prison or put him to death .

He can't be put to death now, his sentence has been already been handed down.

And he isn't a thrill killer, thrillers don't have signatures. This monster cut her open and played inside her skin...that is a psychological need that he was fulfilling, giving him a signature....he will kill within weeks if released.

This is a great reason to bring back the death penalty!!!!
He can't get back out in public then!!!

This link answers my question about a plea-he did in fact plead guilty to aggravated murder and received the maximum sentence for someone under the age of 18. Wonder if that law has been changed yet???

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-09-30/news/mn-40687_1_mutilation-slaying

I wonder why they could not give him lwop? Must have something again to do with his age...he was never eligible for the death penalty, but I suspect he pled guilty to avoid being sentenced to LWOP....what a trade off for the family.

There was no LWOP at the time of Sara's murder....Well I have faith that there is no chance he will be paroled. I think it is awful that the family will have to go through this each and everytime he becomes eligible however.

I filled out and signed my online petition, and had my husband and son fill one out too. I put a link on my Facebook page and made it my "status", giving 600 others a chance to see it and sign their own...

I pray that his parole is denied, and with all these signatures and with his own parents pleading with the parole board to keep him in prison- I do not think he'll be allowed out... yet. But I'm trying to find info on how often he'd be up for parole. Does anyone have that answer? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

I think it's sick and disgusting to put this baby's family though parole hearing after hearing... her family never knowing when he might succeed. The fear they have to live with knowing he'll eventually be released is terrible! Having to relive the horror he visited upon them year after year is an awful thing to do to these families.:sick:

That article seriously made me throw up in my mouth. This is where I think are judicial system is messed up. Anyone who can do that to a child does not deserve to be on this Earth!

Prayers for Sara's family and prayers that this is kept locked up for the rest of his life - which I sincerely hope is over soon. Where are all those prisoners that are supposed to be so down on garbage like this? How come this is still alive?

It is ugly to find yourself actually hoping that someone will take this out.... but you know, I just can't help it.

Salem :(

My first thought was, "Oh come on, there is no way they will parole this guy,"

Then I came to my senses and slapped myself upside the head.

The U.S. has and will continue to release violent predators like this from prison under the guise of "rehabilitation."

Honestly, I see no problem whatsoever that every violent paroled felon be given living quarters next to a parole board member and their family.

Of course people will say this is "overreacting" but you know what? THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE PAROLE BOARD IS DOING TO US when they parole these monsters. Why shouldn't we be allowed the same right.

This person will NEVER be rehabilitated. NEVER. Common sense tells us this. We don't need to see any reports. Just use our common sense.

This is very frightening.

That was my first thought but my second thought told me to file the online form. Second thought was: Garrido/Dugard Case

I don't think he will get out when he meets the parole board in January. IMO, this appears to be the standard parole hearing after "x amount of years" with the end results "no parole."

Just a quick question. Has anyone come across any mention of this guy's past crimes or actions? Given the gruesome and unspeakable things he did with this child's body, I am left wondering if he had a history of abusing and/or mutilating animals. It would make perfect sense but I haven't seen mention of it. I admit I've only skimmed the details as I have three grandbabies the age of little Sara and the crime hits a little too close to home for reasons most of you know. Thanks.

I live only half a mile from West Broad St. in Columbus, so you can bet I'll send a letter to keep him in prison. This guy deserves life in prison for what he did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back