Ron and Misty Have Brushes With The Law 12/30/09

I was looking for something else in the PCSO incident report and realized there's some interesting information that I had overlooked:

CarChase.jpg

I think the Officer just made a mistake with 308B instead of 309 because it's clear from both 911 calls that the incident started on 309.

Let's breakdown what I have underlined in red:

-Ronald advised he was traveling down 308B(309) when he came across a car parked in the middle of the road.

then

-As soon as he went by, Charles pursued him attempting to run him off the road.

then

-He had Misty call 911 about what was occurring.

Anyway you slice it or dice it up, according to what Ronald told the Officer in this report, Charles J was pursuing HIM when he had Misty call 911. That's not exactly the way Misty described the situation in the 911 call.

1:43 Dispatcher “Where is that vehicle at?”

1:46 Misty “Now it’s behind us…

As reflected in the CJ call and indicated with the emphasis used on "NOW" by Misty, Ronald has just passed CJ meaning up until that point the truck was BEHIND and pursuing CJ's car and is clearly not what he told the Officer.

The chase scene seems so odd with Misty calling in on CJ as if to have an alibi, and CJ calling in as if he wasn't expecting to start being chased. I can't help but wonder if Ron was set up by Misty and it didn't go right. CJ could have been waiting in the road as they passed and Ron may have immediately caught on. Hopefully Ron won't end up dead one of these days and the murderer claiming self defense, that is, if anyone would even be caught.

The truth and ron/misty are strangers, to use the words of Judge Strickland.

Misty would make a good study in criminal psychology. She is three weeks into her eighteenth birthday and it is going to be quite a journey.

"Ronald stated he had Misty Cummings in the truck with him and he had her call 911 about what was occurring."

--------------
Listen to the first second or two of the call. Before the operator came on and said 911 what is your emergency.

Misty is saying "No I'm calling on Him." Not what Ronald said as quoted above. It appears Ronald did not realize that statement was captured on tape. It appears that Misty is the one who decided to dial 911.

I was looking for something else in the PCSO incident report and realized there's some interesting information that I had overlooked:

CarChase.jpg

I think the Officer just made a mistake with 308B instead of 309 because it's clear from both 911 calls that the incident started on 309.

Let's breakdown what I have underlined in red:

-Ronald advised he was traveling down 308B(309) when he came across a car parked in the middle of the road.

then

-As soon as he went by, Charles pursued him attempting to run him off the road.

then

-He had Misty call 911 about what was occurring.

Anyway you slice it or dice it up, according to what Ronald told the Officer in this report, Charles J was pursuing HIM when he had Misty call 911. That's not exactly the way Misty described the situation in the 911 call.

1:43 Dispatcher “Where is that vehicle at?”

1:46 Misty “Now it’s behind us…

As reflected in the CJ call and indicated with the emphasis used on "NOW" by Misty, Ronald has just passed CJ meaning up until that point the truck was BEHIND and pursuing CJ's car and is clearly not what he told the Officer.
Papa, You need to go to work for LE and straighten this mess out. You would catch the right one. You would make a darn good Investigator.:woohoo:

If you post your link, and hit "preview post" and see a bunch of ******, you'll know your link is not allowed. There are some sites that do not want their links posted here, and that's how they appear, but I haven't run into very many that aren't allowed. Just give it a shot and preview your post. :)

ETA, the 911 links have been posted already.
Thanks for the Info. If they have already been posted, i won't bother with it. Members are so nice in here. :dance:

EasyGoing, welcome to Websleuths, I didn't get a chance to say hi earlier. Glad to have another great sleuther on board.

Easy, I don't drink alcohol or use illegal drugs and in my humble opinion Ron doesn't know what the truth consists of in this life. But its just my opinion and I got my hair cut today and I think she exposed my brain, so I'm just saying.

EasyGoing, welcome to Websleuths, I didn't get a chance to say hi earlier. Glad to have another great sleuther on board.

Easy, I don't drink alcohol or use illegal drugs and in my humble opinion Ron doesn't know what the truth consists of in this life. But its just my opinion and I got my hair cut today and I think she exposed my brain, so I'm just saying.
LOL, i don't drink alcohol or do any kind of illegal drugs either but i have to agree with you. :cool:

I believe Ronald Cummings..............

I believe Ron's telling the truth also, further Charlie was the aggressor and the 911 operator was more than willing to help him and Misty's operator should be reprimanded and sent back to training to learn how to handle emergency calls for help. We should all feel "assisted" when dialing 911 regardless of whether we're willing to give our names or not. Being on a cell phone, the operator had no clue as to the address of the potential emergency danger and the locations being given over the cell by Misty should have been more paramount than her name, since it couldn't assist with location like when calling from a home land line. My belief is possibly this operator knew it was Misty and sounded somewhat un-interested in getting Misty help, or offering support til LE got there to assist.

No wonder Misty and Ron react the way they do at times concerning LE, I would too and I know I'm not guilty of anything. I learn by how I'm treated and it dictates my future reactions to that person or situation.

I believe Ron's telling the truth also, further Charlie was the aggressor and the 911 operator was more than willing to help him and Misty's operator should be reprimanded and sent back to training to learn how to handle emergency calls for help. We should all feel "assisted" when dialing 911 regardless of whether we're willing to give our names or not. Being on a cell phone, the operator had no clue as to the address of the potential emergency danger and the locations being given over the cell by Misty should have been more paramount than her name, since it couldn't assist with location like when calling from a home land line. My belief is possibly this operator knew it was Misty and sounded somewhat un-interested in getting Misty help, or offering support til LE got there to assist.

No wonder Misty and Ron react the way they do at times concerning LE, I would too and I know I'm not guilty of anything. I learn by how I'm treated and it dictates my future reactions to that person or situation.

(bbm) Yea cause afterall, LE's been so hard on MC... :waitasec:
mw_hmmm.gif
and just merciless on RC :floorlaugh:

I mean, how much can this poor 26 year-old take? :boohoo:

Papa I agree, based on recordings, and info furnished by all parties involved, aggressor is RC. My advice to those calling 911 for emergency assistance is to be cooperative, forthcoming and responsive. And my advice to those who then file police reports is to attempt to be halfway consistent w what you've stated in those calls. JMO

:parrot:

Thanks, I finally got it to work. I sure hope that FL is like VA and there is video of what occurred on that interstate. I hope it was all on camera.
What I find interesting is that CJ states Ron has problems with him already. If I understood that correctly. Now, CJ states that he is trying to ram into him, he did not say he did, so that clears my question from yesterday. Because the article yesterday stated that LE did not find any damage on the car CJ was driving. I also find it interesting that CJ ask 911 if Ron pulled the gun at him and he shot Ron would he go to jail. Something to that effect...so again, this clears any doubts I had of Ron not having a gun in the car. IMO I believe CJ's version, but that is JMO of the how I understood the calls and the reports.
Also,

How was Misty able to get the license plate number of the car if the car was behind them trying to run them off the road?

Apparently CJ also had a gun in his car.......

(bbm) Yea cause afterall, LE's been so hard on MC...
mw_hmmm.gif
and just merciless on RC :floorlaugh:

I mean, how much can this poor 26 year-old take? :boohoo:

bbm changing green to red, yes it would be totally merciless had someone gotten hurt while the 911 operator did a poor job during the call with Misty, thus ending with the caller hanging up due to their obvious acknowledgement that help wasn't going to be sent, and the requirements the operator placed on Misty in order to qualify for help from LE. Not only merciless, but avoidable had their been bodily injury. To me, that's no laughing matter, especially when someone feels/senses danger and they follow proper legal steps to get help and go to LE, only to be discouraged in attempting that contact with them. Another good opportunity missed on behalf of LE to get close to the players in this case and possibly obtain any shred of helpful information that may lead to Haleigh's whereabouts.

All very good questions Atherella:
Just theories here...
It would be possible that if in fact Misty and two children were in the car maybe they were hiding/sitting low so that CJ could not see them. Maybe Ron didn't want them to be seen. Maybe Ron had a gun and told Misty and the kids, get down.

As for why CJ didn't get away, well from the way it sounded in the 911 call he did try and took a turn somewhere to turn around but Ron was behind him again. I guess that is how Misty got CJ's license plate number...so to me Ron must of been the one behind CJ. The 911 operator was telling CJ what to do while he was on the phone waiting to find an officer as well. You can also hear "A" loud truck advancing at a high rate of speed several times during that 911 call by CJ.

As for Ron forcing CJ's car off the road that does not mean there would be damage to either cars, they may know how to handle their cars pretty good.
Maybe there are tire marks on the interstate and around the area that the car was forced off. To bad I don't live in the area I would go take a look..
So, I assume LE has-or I hope LE took pictures of the area of the incident. Soon that will be known if so.
As for who called 911 first, not sure...did it say who called first- call times? I missed that.
I just hope who ever is responsible for the incident pays, this is not a game and having someone threated to shoot you is no game either regardless.
And having children in the car, that is just reckless and should be noted if true they were in the car. Someone should pay for putting those children's lives in danger as well.

For what ever reason LE sent the report to the prosecutors office with Ron being the one at fault. Did they send anything on CJ besides the phone calls? IF so I missed it.
Again, all very good questions and I have many more and I hope LE/ TJ can get some answers next week.

no citations for speeding, reckless driving, child endangerment?
no suspended licenses.........
yep, not so much as a ticket...........

never any charges of filing a false police report by anyone, ever, or how about justice for Haleigh being obstucted....

How come Misty's addy on the police report is 202 green lane?
Did the police even pay attention to what they were writing, bc CJ's doesn't even make sense.

Apparently both autos at some point were stopped in the middle of the road.

No law enforcement in that county is what I'm seeing, and when they are called on it, they defend themselves by saying they have new information. I don't believe them.

I don't know why anyone continues to live in that lawless area.
moo

Yea probably as skeerd as when he called LE because he was called a name. Lol. RC's the one that be terrorizin folk, yet the first to holler wa wa wa... Sorry I don't believe RC's the one who was in real danger here--nor do I view this as their merely "following proper legal steps." IMO the two have learned to evade the law--but manipulate it when it suits them. And for LE to not even recognize this at all is to play right into their hands. Odd don't you think that for all the concern for "the two children in truck" during the 911 call, this was nowhere mentioned in the report that was filed. JMHO

I read the transcript and it appears to me that Ron is the one instigating whatever happened. I fully understand CJ's interest in protecting himself from injury.

Concerning Misty and identification, if that had been me and I was afraid for myself and others I would not hesitate to identify myself cause if she was going to press charges she would have to anyway.

I guess my question on this would be as mentioned earlier, why isn't LE arresting Ron for obvious infractions of the law? How can he be overlooked in every situation he finds himself in? I don't know what it would take to make the folks in Fla. rally and rid themselves of such a corrupted LE situation. Thats just an opinion and one that I hope is wrong.

Kool, while I agree that we should all feel assisted by LE when needed, there are a couple of things that really, really bother me. Speaking only for myself, I don't believe that this dispatcher had ANY idea that it was Misty. One only need to go read the scanner threads for that night to realize that. (IMHO :crazy:)

(1) If Misty really felt she and Ron (+2 children) were in mortal danger why would she even hesitate to give her name? Which is more important?.. the drama that surrounds them or the lives of 2 more innocent children? Instead, rather than giving her name she says "never mind" :waitasec: (and I didn't hear Ron in the background saying a thing) So that tells me either they didn't believe that they were in danger OR that they STILL have a reckless disregard for themselves and children...and I worry about the children in their care at this point.

(2) I'm not for a minute saying that CJ is squeaky clean, far from it. I believe that all of 'em are up to no good and actually I think that he and Ron both had a gun that night. A recipe for disaster I tell ya. That said .. on the 911 call you can hear a vehicle racing past CJ on a couple of occasions..not so with Misty's 911 call. As a matter of fact if you listen closely you can hear Misty telling Ron "I'm going to call them on HIM first" right as 911 picks up her call. I also don't believe CJ saw Misty or the children in the truck because Ron made sure that he didn't, but that's only my speculation.

(3) No matter what one believes....WTH were they doing out with 2 children that late on New Years Eve? If there were even enough seat belts in that truck for 4, I would be surprised. Honestly, all I can do is shake my head..

Anyway, I hope and pray that all this comes to an end soon with news of HaLeigh..otherwise I believe it's only a matter of time before we see other tragedies in this case sadly.

I thought it very strange of the 911 operator not to ask CJ if he saw a gun. Shouldn't this have been the very first question the dispatcher should have asked CJ when he said twice that there was a gun in RC/MC's car. He then had to go on and tell her, without ever being asked, that RC had pointed a gun at him when he pulled up beside him. It sounded to me as if the dispatcher didn't want to know, didn't want to hear the more serious details of the story, and instead wanted to discredit the victim (CJ) by questioning why he decided to turn around. Something stinks in Satsuma.

Lex, the dispatcher DID ask CJ if he had a weapon in the vehicle...IIRC, it was right before the 911 recording was cut off, so we never heard his answer. I think there has to be more recordings of those calls that we haven't heard since they were cut off so abruptly. It is curious that it took her so long to ask though...Especially after he asked her if he would go to prison if he had to protect himself...to which she answered that she could not give legal advice....

Good Morning everyone!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe New Years eve.

I have finally caught up reading on all that has transpired over the last week and pray that LE has the information that will lead them to HaLeigh.

I have taken note that there are many that considered Misty's unwillingness to provide her name to the 911 operator as irresponsible and that decision endangered the lives of two children. I have to wonder how those that find fault with Misty's decision would respond in that situation and circumstances?
I do believe we all can agree the age of these individuals does indicate a certain degree of maturity if not lack of.
If I am not mistaken it was mentioned in the past that CJ and Misty where hanging out together possible dating. The obvious fact that Misty was with Ron this particular day could indicate a motive for CJ to stalk, harass and suggest shooting Ron. I do not get the impression that Ron was the aggressor in this incident. Heck CJ pulled over numerous times to allow Ron to catch up and or LE to locate him.
I wonder what Misty is really up to, she befriends her traitorous friend Nay Nay and then is hanging or dating Crystals relative and now she is seeing Ron again. I would bet she is on a mission to uncover the truth and it seems she is following a particular trail to me. I am just wondering if this incident did not indeed reveal the "new" information that LE alluded too?
I also would like to point out we do not hear Ron's truck accelerating in Misty's 911 call like we hear in CJ's call to 911.
Since the beginning many have believed a "STORY", despite the evidence. Maybe that is what someone is counting on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back