Justin Billings

Regarding anyone knowing the layout of the house, wouldn't any caretakers, babysitters, people living on the property, visitors, friends, and any of the family qualify as well?

I agree with this. And I am not certain that the reason that they were taken to the master bedroom was so that they could be shot off camera. In fact, they already shot BB ON camera (in the leg) so, they were not shy about that.

They MAY have been taken to the bedroom because that is were one safe was. Melanine was shot next to the closet that the safe was in. Maybe they were taken to the master bedroom in order to force the comibnation from them.

So, I do not believe that the fact that they were murdered in the bedroom confirms that the Ninjas had an insider. There may have been one. But this is not proof of anything.

The thing that I find most intriguing is the focus on the smaller, mobile safe. Familiarity with the layout of the house is a given. That would include knowing where the larger safe was located. It was posted earlier (in the original threads) that the larger "installed" safe was common knowledge among the Billingses' "friends". At the time, I seriously doubted the existence of a second safe because the timeline of the crime and other factors indicated a familiarity with the layout of the house and location of the target(s). JB described the contents of this smaller safe as "sentimental" and seemingly unimportant. He also said he had no idea what the combo was, but he had seen it open and knew where it was kept. It seems odd.

and the killers thought all camera's were off, right?

There is some speculation about, but I do not believe this is certain.

The thing that I find most intriguing is the focus on the smaller, mobile safe. Familiarity with the layout of the house is a given.

I would say familliarity with the house is likely. Not a given. I have seen no proof of it. Only circumstantial evidence, like the fact that they the Ninjas got in and out so quickly. I think we should be careful to different between assumptions and facts.

That would include knowing where the larger safe was located. It was posted earlier (in the original threads) that the larger "installed" safe was common knowledge among the Billingses' "friends".

Likewise, I do not remember anything about a larger installed safe. I do remember that people said that the Billings kept cash in the house and there was some discussion about a second safe.

I do not believe that the Ninjas knew there was a second safe in the house. If they had, I am certain they would not have simply killed the Billings, they would probably have tortured them until they got the combination. Or do you have evidence to the contrary?

According to April Spencer, Justin is the one who knows how to work the cameras.

The entire family is giving me a bad feeling.

April Spencer says that the son Mike was estranged, and granddaughter Kristen moved out a few weeks prior on bad terms.

I don't understand why the Billingses kept adopting children when it seems they couldn't maintain healthy relationships with a lot their adult children.

Bolded by me.
I COMPLETELY agree with the above statement! :clap:
Not to mention I find it pretty interesting how Billings retained custody of his children through two divorces.

Bolded by me.
I COMPLETELY agree with the above statement! :clap:

I'm thinking despite their business dealings, they actually were very good hearted people and they just loved raising children. Maybe they thought that while it was hard work raising special needs children, the reward was great for them.

I don't know the entire specifics of why Mike was estranged or why Kristen moved out. Just based on what Justin has said, I really wouldn't consider that to be much more than a kid getting the boot in his butt that I'm guessing he probably needed. Maybe Bud wasn't interested in putting up with any of Justins' nonsense. Seemed like the kicker was Justin running a truck off in a river? I'm thinking there would have been a huge uproar from my Father and probably a little smacking around about such.The guy's 20 years old. Old enough to be in the army. Doesn't seem that unusual that he's out of the house. Fight with Father or not. I'm thinking there is much to do about nothing there.

Not to mention I find it pretty interesting how Billings retained custody of his children through two divorces.

We know Bud basically tried to buy one child. We've also heard he never came out on the short end of a deal, up until recently. Did money and or power come into play?

So, I have read so many posts on this site that blasted the county for putting personal information such as phone numbers and addresses. Yet this public information has personal information that maybe should not be posted on a public forum.

So, I have read so many posts on this site that blasted the county for putting personal information such as phone numbers and addresses. Yet this public information has personal information that maybe should not be posted on a public forum.

lookin4justice, has Tricia Griffith contacted you yet to verify?

Yes, the numbers and addresses were released by the SA's office in statements, statements that are a matter of public record. Although I personally emphatically do not agree with releasing cell phone numbers (there's no cell phone directory is there?), or any phone numbers or addresses or birth dates they are still released. The SA's office also released social security numbers in some statements which are exempt under FL Sunshine Law and that is a strike against the SA's office, but marriage certificates are available to anyone seeking record and a marriage record search is even available on the clerk's website.

The internet world is a strange/wonderful/terrible thing IMO.

If this should offend, please accept my apologies.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4111172&postcount=165"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Justin Billings[/ame]

lookin4justice.........

do you know this answer???.........allot of us do not understand the family dynamics. TIA

yes.

Mike was estranged for many years.
Kristyn and her mother were in an argument because Kristyn announced she was getting married and her mother was upset about it.
Justin had a girlfirend that had "issues" and Melanie would not let her on her property. Justin eventually broke up with her and came back to the property to live in his own trailer.
Melissa and Mike were raised by their mother in another state.

It was a normal family for the most part. They just had a lot of kids.

Why did Melanie continue to adopt? It was her calling.

lookin4justice, I don't want to offend - not at all - but I don't know any family who IMO I would consider "normal" that attempts to purchase a child then allowed to adopt the same, trys to copyright all their children's names, one parent who has a will not valid by law, another parent doesn't bother - for all the children who will need care for their entire lives, adopts their own grandchild then sues for child support and a life insurance policy from their own son on that child, and keeps $164,500 cash in their home. Of course, you say you know them personally so who am I to judge?

No offense meant, but has Tricia Griffith contacted you to verify? Please excuse me for asking again...it's just that I believe it would comfort all us sleuthers to know that verification has been made.

Again, thank you for all your posts and no offense meant.

Guys it is not looking4Justice's fault she/he has not been verified. This poster is certainly willing. It is totally my fault.

During the day there is a window of time for me to call this poster and I keep missing it.

This will be first on my list tomorrow.

Until then I told lookin4Justice to go ahead and post since it is my fault.

Bad forum owner.

lookin4justice, I don't want to offend - not at all - but I don't know any family who IMO I would consider "normal" that attempts to purchase a child then allowed to adopt the same, trys to copyright all their children's names, one parent who has a will not valid by law, another parent doesn't bother - for all the children who will need care for their entire lives, adopts their own grandchild then sues for child support and a life insurance policy from their own son on that child, and keeps $164,500 cash in their home. Of course, you say you know them personally so who am I to judge?

No offense meant, but has Tricia Griffith contacted you to verify? Please excuse me for asking again...it's just that I believe it would comfort all us sleuthers to know that verification has been made.

Again, thank you for all your posts and no offense meant.

With out all the minor details even your life may seem weird or odd to others. The small details are what ties your life together and has it make sense. If you had known this family, I am sure you would have just accepted so many things that seem odd. They were always very open to answering any question posted to them. MB was on several forums that had to do with adoption, special needs children, and large families. No one on there thought badly of her.

I remember something - can't recall where - that Justin and Gonzalez, Jr. did "collection calls" for monies owed. Anyone recall this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back