Who was Lee so darn proud of? and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemisslegal

compassion and empathy -do not push it
Reaction score
we can all go back to that dramatic hand kiss in the memorial service. LEE said i am sooo proud of you! that has always been a sentence i pondered. if it was cindy was he proud of her for trying to keep the family intact thru all the terrible events, defending his sister even though they might all fear she did not deserve it? in public they were one team.if it was caylee,what would make him say i am soo proud of you? i understand him being proud of her for who she was, an adorable little girl. yet, to say this at a deads child funeral seems strange unless he elaborated on it. now we come to casey, many feel he was talking to her. but what made him so proud? that she is covering someones butt, she is innocent and he feels she is holding on so strong, she is guilty but still holding out strong? proud of what and who? who, what, when and why the old journalist start of a story!
i know we discussed this but now new events can make us look back and re-think this at another perspective perhaps? tell me why he was so darn proud of who!!

I wondered this also. Who WAS Lee referencing with the "I am so proud" comments.

Do you think he wrote his comments himself? I have never thought any of the Anthonys to be articulate. I wonder if Lee just couldn't script something better stated. Maybe he was trying to be profound and was just puzzling. Remember how many comments on just this forum that have pointed out how Casey tries to sound more intelligent by adding words and ends up making no sense or sounds comical? How G and C say things that are meant to emphasize their truthfulness when they end up pointing toward their lies?

I don't think Lee is articultate nor well-spoken, IMO. Maybe this was the best he could do to show emotion, passion, sincerity.

IMO he was proud for Casey keeping family secrets from being revealed.

I'll bet Lee was darn proud of himself for giving what he thought was a profound, thought provoking speech. However, it came across to me that Lee had lost his gd mind.

Bam, that is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

We have not had good luck with this topic in the past and the other 3 or 4 old threads are locked. Locked threads are a bummer so lets keep this one open.
thanks.

He's not really proud of his sister in general, that is demonstrated in their conversations and LA's LE interviews....Bizarre. The kindest thing he has said about KC is that he believes everything she has told him. That really has nothing to do with pride.

If he was talking to his mom, why kiss the bracelet?

Why would he be proud of Caylee in all of this? Of course he loved his niece and was proud of her in life, but what role has Caylee played in death that LA would be "proud" of?

Perhaps JB told the A's that KC is holding up in jail, that she is behaving well and is focusing on her case. I guess that is sorta something to be behind her on, especially in LA's eyes-LA seems very determined that KC go through this legal battle in a manner that utilizes all of her legal rights as a person presumed innocent. He has been quite focused in helping her preserve that, telling CA not to open the door for LE without a subpoena/warrant, etc, insisting that KC not speak openly over the jail monitors.
Didn't RobD refer to LA as the Gatekeeper?
LA could possibly be proud that KC is taking his advice, JB's advice, and protecting herself by taking the right legal steps and staying quiet.
If your relative is innocent, then yes, it is a good thing for them to calm down and take the appropriate steps to get out of the situation-But KC murdered Caylee, so in spite of all LA's intentions for her legal well-being, KC staying this course will turn out badly for her anyway.

i thought i remember reading cindy wrote a lot of the memorial. do you think she wrote this for lee to say? i really have a hard time believing it was for caylee . she actually was the one who should have made them all proud of because she showed so much compassion. her are you tired pappa- was so mature and touching. i do not think it was for cindy cause i think he would have turned towards her and looked her in eye and said i am so proud of both mom and dad. so - i guess its casey. as months have gone by lee has not been in court room beside his cma mom . he was the one trying to be the mediator i believe. if i could just step inside the heart of each one of them i wonder who they are most proud of. i still think caylee was in the teddy bear at memorial. if he looked at the bear as he said this then i think its caylee. i should go find the video clip annd watch his experssion as he said this soo proud of you. i must admit jmo, casey is much stronger than the rest of family if in her situation i bet. he also promishes cma - which one??

IMO if Lee had been proud of Caylee he would have said something like *I was so proud to be you're Uncle*. IMO all of the Anthony's give no thought as to what horrible things happened to Caylee when CASEY was murdering her. I believe to the depth of my soul that his comment was for Casey and I think it is so sickening.

i thought i remember reading cindy wrote a lot of the memorial. do you think she wrote this for lee to say? i really have a hard time believing it was for caylee . she actually was the one who should have made them all proud of because she showed so much compassion. her are you tired pappa- was so mature and touching. i do not think it was for cindy cause i think he would have turned towards her and looked her in eye and said i am so proud of both mom and dad. so - i guess its casey. as months have gone by lee has not been in court room beside his cma mom . he was the one trying to be the mediator i believe. if i could just step inside the heart of each one of them i wonder who they are most proud of. i still think caylee was in the teddy bear at memorial. if he looked at the bear as he said this then i think its caylee. i should go find the video clip annd watch his experssion as he said this soo proud of you. i must admit jmo, casey is much stronger than the rest of family if in her situation i bet. he also promishes cma - which one??
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3295668&postcount=642"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Lee Anthony's CMA reference?[/ame]

thanks jbean-- i do believe he loved each of them so i guess theres not much more to post on this . thank you for the info

I think Lee's speech was for us, the public. He said what he thought would make KC sound innocent. Words you would say to a "mother of the year" who was bravely sitting in jail protecting her family. We'd hear his words and think there must really be something more to this. Or so he thought. The Anthony's always misjudge the impact of their words.

I don't understand Lee anymore than I understand any of the others. If the CMA reference was directed to his sister, in a covert attempt to show support, then why hasn't he been at any of the hearings, been to visit her, etc...? It's such a weird way to "show support", if that's what he was doing (and I think it was).

It seems that only the females in this family are allowed to "speak freely".

I think Lee's speech was for us, the public. He said what he thought would make KC sound innocent. Words you would say to a "mother of the year" who was bravely sitting in jail protecting her family. We'd hear his words and think there must really be something more to this. Or so he thought. The Anthony's always misjudge the impact of their words.

sorry, quoting myself :), but to explain further..

I remember someone, LP I believe, saying how angry the A's were about the outcry for a public memorial. Caylee was "their baby", not ours. Since CA was pressured to have one, she prepared it with a spiteful attitude. Spite against the public and the press. She'd use it as PR for KC's case. Thus all the pro-KC commentary. She also put on a show for us as the perfect united religious family. But CA couldn't resist also using it to spite KC. Thus the comment that god blessed her with THREE wonderful children (paraphrasing). And that Caylee didn't belong to KC, she belonged to all of them (paraphrasing).

So I still view the memorial, including Lee's portion, through CA's spiteful intent.

The memorial was so phony, so tacky, only the Anthonys could produce something like that. Can you say 'spin'?

The memorial was so phony, so tacky, only the Anthonys could produce something like that. Can you say 'spin'?

i thought the memorial was wonderful. i cried as i watched it and felt nothing was phoney. i still get chills as i watch the youtube of no more nights with kyle thomas. i loved it.

am I the only ws'r who thinks nothing of this statement - I thought he meant it to caylee and I dont understand why other people dont think it's likely? I have a baby just about caylee's age and I am proud of him every minute. I dont find this weird in any way.

calling her CMA, okay, weird, I dont call mine RAM ever....

To me, this "proud" would indicate that something was accomplished/overcome. As far as who he meant, I don't know. Caylee was so young. The only things I can think of as far as her is potty training, sleeping through the night? Expectations aren't high for someone her age, and I don't see these things as something LA would talk about. It had to be CA or KC. What did either of them accomplish/overcome that he would be proud of? In other words, what was he thinking about when he said that?

Lee is such an odd duck, God bless him. At times I have really felt bad for him. He seems to have been so ill-prepared for, and unable to cope with, all this.

It was clear to me that they thought KC was listening to the service, and I took all his CMA references to be speaking to her.

He did seem to be in such pain.

am I the only ws'r who thinks nothing of this statement - I thought he meant it to caylee and I dont understand why other people dont think it's likely? I have a baby just about caylee's age and I am proud of him every minute. I dont find this weird in any way.

calling her CMA, okay, weird, I dont call mine RAM ever....

The "CMA" was loaded three times over. The child's name was Caylee, and it was her memorial service. He could have just used her first name, as most people do in such circumstances. I think the use of "CMA" was deliberate, but I don't pretend to know what it actually meant. I can surmise, though.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member